Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
A bunch of videos uploaded to youtube within the past few hours seem to have that problem and they're looking into it

EDIT: affected videos usually work at their highest quality, seems like their reencoder is putting out bad files

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Mar 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I am really, really surprised Taro wasn't in there.

More games should say immersion schmimmersion and let you fight the creators. Would definitely put life back into Skyrim if you could face down Todduin the Franchise-Stagnator.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

what are the words repeated in the new version of Birth of a Wish?

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
The sass you get if you lose the fight is hilarious.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

The Saddest Rhino posted:

what are the words repeated in the new version of Birth of a Wish?

Mostly "Shachou desu!" over and over, which just means "(I am) the CEO!" :shrug:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man, the social media reaction to the CEO bosses being revealed must have been amazing.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
That's hilarious. :)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm pretty sure Taro didn't show up as a boss because his final game will require the player to kill him in real life to get the platinum trophy

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Oh my god.

That is the best thing ever!

Better than John Romero's head from the original Doom?

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

quote:

But for now, our business with the 3C3C1D119440927 DLC has truly and finally concluded. Tune in next time for the last of the sidequests. As soon as I get this last loving rear end in a top hat robot in the desert to bloody spawn. Who did I piss off to get such bad RNG with just this specific game?! ARGH!

I still havent gotten it to spawn either!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I take it this fight will trigger the start of NieR 3 then.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Danaru posted:

I'm pretty sure Taro didn't show up as a boss because his final game will require the player to kill him in real life to get the platinum trophy

He's not that sadistic, it'll just require drinking him under the table.

Hold on, let me rephrase: that's not sadistic enough, it'll require drinking him under the table.

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

I love the CEO remixes of Birth of a Wish, holy poo poo :lol:

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!

Kavak posted:

Considering how humble he seems to be about his work, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Platinium's initial idea to include him as the DLC boss, but he refused.

So they settled for the next best thing.

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

What the gently caress.

What the gently caress. :psyduck:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I.
Hear.
A.
CEO.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

The Dark Id posted:

But for now, our business with the 3C3C1D119440927 DLC has truly and finally concluded. Tune in next time for the last of the sidequests. As soon as I get this last loving rear end in a top hat robot in the desert to bloody spawn. Who did I piss off to get such bad RNG with just this specific game?! ARGH!

I have a solid guess as to which rear end in a top hat you mean. I spent like 2 solid hours getting that piece of poo poo to spawn. And about 3 hours for the two OTHER assholes in the flooded city.

If I ever meet the programmer who set those encounter rates, let's just say their genitals will become as gods.

Anyway, guess there isn't much to say about the CEO fight besides DRAKENGARD NIER!

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Bufuman posted:

I have a solid guess as to which rear end in a top hat you mean. I spent like 2 solid hours getting that piece of poo poo to spawn. And about 3 hours for the two OTHER assholes in the flooded city.

If I ever meet the programmer who set those encounter rates, let's just say their genitals will become as gods.

Anyway, guess there isn't much to say about the CEO fight besides DRAKENGARD NIER!

Having done the same sidequest, I don't. My rear end in a top hat never-spawn was in the forest.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

megane posted:

I.
Hear.
A.
CEO.

La la la, the Devs, they...they energy bullet spam?... :psyduck:

(Seriously though, this was great.)

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
CEO of Platinumgames kinda looks like a baby with that shaved head.

A baby with a full set of adult teeth...

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Kavak posted:

There're still endings left, so who knows. After all,
"I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle... and wonder if we’ll ever have the chance to kill him."

I wonder if the CEO boss fight was already in the works when they wrote that line.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That's my favorite bit of the DLC.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

McDragon posted:

That's my favorite bit of the DLC.

:stat: What's your favorite part of the DLC?
:wal: The end!
:stat: :wal: DOHOHOHOHOH

Nates Helvetica
Nov 30, 2017
Huh. I thought I had seen how weird this game could get. I'm going to have to buy the DLC on my next playthrough.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Late, but watching the video from the end of the Plato segment made it really clear that the re girls were being super dicks there. If they wanted to keep the machines from developing aberrant emotions they would have just used a grinder or incinerator at the end of a conveyor, instead they force a machine to put the time and effort into strapping dolls into drills, decapitation buzz saws and chaining them up to be shot, among others. Way to make your stubbies engage with the dolls while not even destroying them properly, assholes.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ashsaber posted:

Late, but watching the video from the end of the Plato segment made it really clear that the re girls were being super dicks there. If they wanted to keep the machines from developing aberrant emotions they would have just used a grinder or incinerator at the end of a conveyor, instead they force a machine to put the time and effort into strapping dolls into drills, decapitation buzz saws and chaining them up to be shot, among others. Way to make your stubbies engage with the dolls while not even destroying them properly, assholes.

I know you're partly joking but it always kind of bugged me how thinly the red girls were characterized. It's a throwaway line in their boss fight but they're all about applying "evolutionary pressure," exposing the machines to extreme and often contradictory stimuli to see how they adapt and react. That's probably the only reason they suffered Pascal's village for as long as they did. If not for that one bit of dialogue they'd just be a couple of capricious shitheads for no real reason.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Whereas now they're capricious shitheads with a purpose.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Omobono posted:

:catstare:
I did not see that coming. I do like that the CEOs were down with it though; I want to believe :yokotaro: challenged them to a drinking contest for the rights.

consecutively, in the same evening

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Is there any translation to the dialogue in CEO Birth of a Wish?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ashsaber posted:

They're not trying to prevent future freakouts, they're trying to make it happen again so they can study the phenomenon. So they're replicating the original stimulus, on a large scale, and watching closely.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I couldn't dodge the CEO heads for 30 seconds at the end.

The receptionist lady had the same dialogue and rewards, though, so I thought up to now they just kept spamming that infinitely and it was intentionally unwinnable.

It's almost disappointing to know it wasn't. :v:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nates Helvetica posted:

Huh. I thought I had seen how weird this game could get. I'm going to have to buy the DLC on my next playthrough.

I thought you'd learned better than to say things like that by now.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

chiasaur11 posted:

I thought you'd learned better than to say things like that by now.

Y'know... I think we might actually be done with weird poo poo. At least, unexpectedly weird.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Zerilan posted:

Is there any translation to the dialogue in CEO Birth of a Wish?

The first one is just Matsuda introducing himself.

"Shachou desu" (I'm the President/CEO)
"Matsuda desu" (I'm Matsuda)
"Yosuke desu" (I'm Yosuke)

"Desu" is a word denoting that the preceding sentence is declarative, conjugated formally ("da" would be the informal form, though if it's obvious that it's declarative, informal statements will often drop it entirely as understood), if you were wondering why it shows up so much.

The duet version includes similar introduction lines for Kenichi Sato to go with Matsuda's, but at the start of the song, they introduce their respective companies, which can be hard to tell given that saying otherwise-English words using Japanese phonemes will always sound weird (this actually goes both ways, apparently, as an old Japanese teacher of mine advised the class to ask for brand names like McDonald's using Japanese pronunciation, or else some people just wouldn't understand them), listen closely and you should be able to hear it. They say something else mid-way through I couldn't quite make out, and both feature some generic battle exclamations like "Sore!" (pronounced "so-ray"). Hopefully that's everything, pretty sure those were the only voice clips used.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Oh my loving god

CEo duet is legit pretty good sounding

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Yoko Taro's Wild Ride never fails to satisfy in weird ways. I'm honestly surprised he only stopped at the CEOs of Square-Enix and Platinum. He could have gone even further and involved the CEOs of the respective game platforms on this, or even other tech giants. Like, imagine a Birth of a Wish remix adapted to fit Steve Ballmer, for instance.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

AradoBalanga posted:

Yoko Taro's Wild Ride never fails to satisfy in weird ways. I'm honestly surprised he only stopped at the CEOs of Square-Enix and Platinum. He could have gone even further and involved the CEOs of the respective game platforms on this, or even other tech giants. Like, imagine a Birth of a Wish remix adapted to fit Steve Ballmer, for instance.

Heck, just ask every tech CEO for a head scan and one sentence, bam, endless $2.00 DLCs.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

AradoBalanga posted:

I couldn't find Birth of a Wish (DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS*), sorry (which is so hosed up because it's right there), but I did find this, which is pretty much obligatory for any high-profile property where the soundtrack gets any amount of buzz.

*For those too young to remember what I'm referring to. And yes, of course there's a musical remix, which includes a different freaky stage performance he put on.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
There's a Steam sale on, 50% off currently.

Not sure if I should pick it up, though. No gamepad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Nier Automata is reason enough to buy a gamepad though

• Locked thread