Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm back home after 3 and a half days and I missed Horizon's silly techno-tribal world far more than I'd care to admit :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

...! posted:

Newer versions of the game give you the option of playing the scenes in chronological order, which does work much better.

Ellen's nudity is not just in the art files. She's rendered completely nude in-game in the shower scene but on a normal PS3 the camera is locked so that you can only see her from the shoulders up. But if you play the game on a development PS3 you can move the camera wherever you want, so it was only a matter of time before someone discovered it. Hopefully they removed it from the PS4 version.

I'm still surprised Ellen never sued over that. She didn't consent to being rendered nude and now there are pretty realistic screenshots of her nude all over the internet. I'm pretty sure that the reason she's never done another game is because she was super creeped out over it and doesn't trust game developers anymore. And she's not averse to suing game developers; she sued over The Last of Us because she felt like they used her likeness to create the character Ellie. Pretty sure she lost that one.

Pretty sure she didn't sue over Ellie looking like her in TLoU. I think she just said she was annoyed they stole her likeness in an AMA and then shortly after Naughty Dog changed Ellie to look more like her actor.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was really weird they originally modeled Ellie after Ellen Page without her involvement. It led to me thinking she was her VA until I beat the game and read the credits. Just a really strange thing to do and now everyone associates the game with someone who isn't related to it at all.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah she didn't sue over Ellie in TLOU, just complained publicly. Her lawyer kinda sorta threatened to sue Sony over the nudity thing in Beyond Two Souls, but I guess Sony must have placated her somehow. http://www.businessinsider.com/ellen-page-explored-legal-action-against-sony-over-nude-video-game-images-2015-4

veni veni veni posted:

He's basically Kojima without the good gameplay and cool robot poo poo.

Cmon, let's not insult Kojima-senpai in the PS4 thread. He actually has good and interesting and coherent ideas that sometimes get muddled by overcomplicated canon, but Cage's games are like a Tootsie Pop with a poo poo center.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I genuinely can’t wait for Detroit to come out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

acksplode posted:

Cmon, let's not insult Kojima-senpai in the PS4 thread. He actually has good and interesting and coherent ideas that sometimes get muddled by overcomplicated canon, but Cage's games are like a Tootsie Pop with a poo poo center.

I love the Koj man but coherent is just about the last word I'd use to describe his body of work.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Kojima's pretty consistent about the glory of being a mercenary, the good-intentioned evil of scientists, and nanomachines (or some biological equivalent).

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I reckon his themes and ideas are consistent, his narrative on the other hand is borderline incomprehensible but I like that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ok I'll give him that. He does actually have ideas that are cool to begin with unlike Cage for sure.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Not to detract here but uh, I'm considering upgrading my PS4 to a Pro. Is it worth it for some of the games I have (namely Monster Hunter and Yakuza 6 when I get to preorder that) or are the extra frames not really worth it.

For reference, I was gonna try and use the same HDD I got in my system now.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

widespread posted:

Not to detract here but uh, I'm considering upgrading my PS4 to a Pro. Is it worth it for some of the games I have (namely Monster Hunter and Yakuza 6 when I get to preorder that) or are the extra frames not really worth it.

pretty sure those games don't benefit from the Pro that much, unless you have a 4k tv.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

nerdz posted:

pretty sure those games don't benefit from the Pro that much, unless you have a 4k tv.

Which I don't really have. I was only considering the upgrade for more consistent 1080p60.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

monhun running on frame rate mode is real nice on a pro and I don't have 4k

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is the PSN hosed right now?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

widespread posted:

Which I don't really have. I was only considering the upgrade for more consistent 1080p60.

It's a luxury upgrade that makes some games run slightly better. I think it's worth it if you have money to burn, or if your old PS4 is getting rough, but the improvements are marginal for most games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Monster Hunter on frame rate mode is real nice.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

anyone manage to complain about this months games yet

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

gently caress, I already own both of them because they're such good games.

Does that count?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I love the Koj man but coherent is just about the last word I'd use to describe his body of work.
His canon is all over the place, that's a symptom of being forced to make MGS games way past the point where he ever intended for the plot to go. But the themes of each MGS are really clear and compelling, and despite MGSV's plot failures, it did an amazing job of showing how the series themes fit together by drawing them into a coherent whole. Seriously: V has 1's antinuke message, 2's information control and illuminati paranoia, 3's cold war geopolitics and questioning of what loyalty means, and 4's PMC dystopia seamlessly integrated into a broader theme of war and politics. You can't pull something like that off without being very thoughtful. I have my gripes about his execution at times, but I seriously love the ideas behind his work.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I’m probably not going to actually play Ratchet and Clank but I am not mad about it or anything

edit I mean I also already own Bloodborne but a bunch of other people are about to show up so I mean, rad

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I glanced at the comments of the article I read about this month's games and they were incredibly salty about it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

qbert posted:

gently caress, I already own both of them because they're such good games.

Does that count?

Same but now I don't have to get off my fat rear end and put the BB disc in.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

We already talked about this right

quote:

PlayStation®3 (PS3™) or PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) titles will be included in the PlayStation®Plus Monthly Games allocation until March 8, 2019.

I mean, 2019–whatever

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Although the easiness of Bloodborne usually gets a bit overstated, most people should be able to complete it in 8 - 10 hours with little difficulty. It would have been more fun if they had added a little more challenge to it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

The announcement showed up in my Facebook feed and everyone was whining lol. They could give out Monster Hunter and COD WW2 and people would be complaining.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

...! posted:

Although the easiness of Bloodborne usually gets a bit overstated, most people should be able to complete it in 8 - 10 hours with little difficulty. It would have been more fun if they had added a little more challenge to it.

bloodborne is absolutely not gonna be as short as 10 hours on your first run. it's more like 40

e: oh I'm an idiot, good to know

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 2, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

SubponticatePoster posted:

ps RIP Demon's Souls 2009-2018.

Demon's Souls dying in the same week of spring that BB goes free...I'm expecting great things from the impending E3 reveal of a spiritual sequel to DeS/BB. :stoked:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I've been on the phone to Sony support every month since 2016 trying to get Knack removed from PSN

Thank you for your service. :911:

:drat:

veni veni veni posted:

No, but Kano is his cousin.

:laffo:

poptart_fairy posted:

It's amazing people still fall for, and criticise, Cage for that photoshop but don't seem aware of the actual scene where a woman gets a power drill up her vagina.

What scene was that, the doctor's house?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

We already talked about this right

I mean, 2019–whatever

I can’t even be mad about this. PS4 launched in 2013. As long as my digital PS3 and PSV titles remain available, I’m good with it.

Also

acksplode posted:

Is objectively true. Heavy Rain had some cool ideas but dude needs a goddamn editor in the worst way. His weird fetishes show up in every one of his games. I am not excited about Detroit Become Human. I do not believe Cage can really tell a story about civil rights.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

The announcement showed up in my Facebook feed and everyone was whining lol. They could give out Monster Hunter and COD WW2 and people would be complaining.

I got an email, which is bull because they don't ever send me loving discount codes and poo poo.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Manatee Cannon posted:

bloodborne is absolutely not gonna be as short as 10 hours on your first run. it's more like 40

You'd have to be really bad at video games to take that long to complete such an easy game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's true I am

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

that's the problem of PS plus games: if they're too bad no one wants them, if they're too good everyone has them already

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kilometers Davis posted:

I genuinely can’t wait for Detroit to come out.

Same i like trainwreck games

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Brightman posted:

Pretty sure she didn't sue over Ellie looking like her in TLoU. I think she just said she was annoyed they stole her likeness in an AMA and then shortly after Naughty Dog changed Ellie to look more like her actor.

Lindsay Lohan actually sued Take Two over GTA 5 but she lost

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Edith Finch is on sale and I've been eyeing it for a bit do I bought it but why is it asking me to download Create mode? What is that?

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 2, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I like how in Yakuza if you punch someone hard enough they become a decent person

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Over There posted:

I like how in Yakuza if you punch someone hard enough they become a decent person
That's the one thing I feel is missing from 6, no more broken piles of thugs apologizing in the middle of the street after Kiryu beats on them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

Edith Finch is on sale and I've been eyeing it for a bit do I bought it but why is it asking me to download Create mode? What is that?

I guess it's something that prioritizes downloading the intro instead of the whole game so you can play right away? It's weird, just download the whole thing I think it's only a few gigs anyways.

nerdz posted:

that's the problem of PS plus games: if they're too bad no one wants them, if they're too good everyone has them already

true

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

...! posted:

You'd have to be really bad at video games to take that long to complete such an easy game.

Better to be that bad at games than this bad at posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

widespread posted:

When I asked the same question, the overwhelming response was “spend the money on a switch instead”