Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Anyone here still playing Clone Evolution? The level 70 dungeon boss (gold card, chaos element + I can see his recipe in the Darwin lab but no stats/name/powers ofc) is seemingly unkillable. He racks up more healing points when hit than damage. I was wondering if it was maybe a chaos/order thing where I'd have to use order cards to fight him but I only have a couple purple order cards and they're level 1. Not sure if that'd offset other players constantly healing him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

syscall girl posted:

Anyone here still playing Clone Evolution? The level 70 dungeon boss (gold card, chaos element + I can see his recipe in the Darwin lab but no stats/name/powers ofc) is seemingly unkillable. He racks up more healing points when hit than damage. I was wondering if it was maybe a chaos/order thing where I'd have to use order cards to fight him but I only have a couple purple order cards and they're level 1. Not sure if that'd offset other players constantly healing him.

I'm on floor 103 and I think it's just a dps check. I didn't really have to change my cards at all for any of the levels.

Just grabbed whatever I had that was Gold and upgraded them

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Applied to the King's Raid guild as Windborn.

Danlee
Dec 7, 2009
Applied to king raid as myhardhard

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a weirdly cartoony Westworld game out now in soft launch.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

mrkillboy posted:

Can't install it in the US yet apparently.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

mrkillboy posted:

ID: 1ikqbrd6

Checking this out, seems a bit like a Fallout Shelter crossed with Simpsons Tap Out.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Lutha Mahtin posted:

As far as I know, there are two main reasons apps without phone functionality request phone permissions. One is that the people who made the app aren't very good at Android development and they're using some hacky workaround because they aren't aware of the correct way on Android to do what they're trying to do. The other is that the app makers want to get more data about their users than the standard permissions allow them to, so that they can use this data for ads, demographic research, or other data-mining purposes.

Apparently they're claiming they need it to get the phone ID to guarantee that Google Account syncing works right. I'm guessing that's a pretty good sign of #1 though, especially since the game plays ads that I'm pretty sure I was meant to be able to see in the background... possibly also #2 because I only seem to get ads every few minutes when I try playing during the day!

Between that, not being sure I can override my Google Account progress with my 'guest account' progress, and having to tap the game a second time to get it to start loading, bleh. The actual gameplay is solid but the warts are really bad.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 23, 2018

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Apparently they're claiming they need it to get the phone ID to guarantee that Google Account syncing works right. I'm guessing that's a pretty good sign of #1 though, especially since the game plays ads that I'm pretty sure I was meant to be able to see in the background... possibly also #2 because I only seem to get ads every few minutes when I try playing during the day!

There are a lot of apps that connect to the Play Games service without any permissions. My guess is that you're right and they just don't know what they're doing.

lags
Jan 3, 2004

Applied to goonsquad as etihwgerg in King's Raid

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
applied to King's Raid goonsquad as inkel

pappawurm
Feb 9, 2014
Applied to Kings raid as pappawurm

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009
Im digging this Kings Raid stuff so I applied to goonsquad as ghstpt

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
King's Raid Goonsquad members, don't forget to do your daily guild raid attempts. You'll get 250 activity points and some gold just for trying.

Resonance22
Dec 17, 2006

also applied to the King's Raid guild as Resonance119

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
HAL Laboratory's first smartphone game Part Time UFO is now available outside of Japan. You play a tiny flying saucer who does odd jobs, mainly involving picking up things with its claw, and it's charming as hell.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Feb 26, 2018

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

mrkillboy posted:

HAL Laboratory's first smartphone game Part Time UFO is now available outside of Japan. You play a tiny flying saucer who does odd jobs, mainly involving picking up things with its claw, and it's charming as hell.

4/5, disappointed that you can't shoot a beam that causes night-time stuffiness.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrkillboy posted:

What are they controls like? I couldn't tell from the page. It isn't tilt controlled or anything is it?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

New Leaf posted:

What are they controls like? I couldn't tell from the page. It isn't tilt controlled or anything is it?

No tilt controls, you can either use the default virtual joypad + button scheme or one finger controls where you drag around the screen to move the UFO and double tap to drop your claw. Even though I generally dislike using a virtual pad in portrait orientation, I found it to be actually more precise than the other method.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 26, 2018

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

Applied in Kings raid as AkiosanSA.

keeper
Jun 5, 2002
keepersa applying for goonsquad in King's Raid

Also still semi-active in Muscle Hustle 319415 if anyone still playing wants a strong Rothbert or Mr Muscle...

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Zotix posted:

Grand Summoners was released last week globally. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.goodsmile.grandsummonersglobal_android&hl=en I read somewhere that it's made by the original creator of Brave Frontier. You can definitely see the smiliarities, but it has an active battle system instead of a turn system like BF. The pool of characters is small starting out, but rerolling is very fast as you can skip the tutorial and immediately go into 2 x 11 pulls. Takes like 1-2 minutes. Overall fun, but has a lot of catching up to JP progress like most mobile games.

Not able to install Grand Summoners in the UK. I've picked up King's Raid but I have a feeling by the time I'm eligible to join a guild I'll find out that the goon guild is American server only as it's telling me I'm on the Europe server.

dra600n
May 2, 2014
Vaelthel applying for goonsquad in King's raid

The Anime Turnpike
Dec 30, 2010

Lacho applying to goonsquad in King's raid

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's been a while and the commute is getting old, can anyone recommend a good city builder?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

It's been a while and the commute is getting old, can anyone recommend a good city builder?

TheoTown

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is there any decent racing game in Android for free (or something below 3€)? I own Carmageddon and is kind of fun but I'd like a rally game or something, big plus if I can use my dualshock 4 like emulators do.

Strrrrront
Feb 7, 2011
Asdffdsa applying to goonsquad in King's raid

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Guillermus posted:

Is there any decent racing game in Android for free (or something below 3€)? I own Carmageddon and is kind of fun but I'd like a rally game or something, big plus if I can use my dualshock 4 like emulators do.

I haven't played it but Rush Rally 2 is apparently quite well regarded.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I applied to goonsquad in King's Raid, as LuthaSA.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

I haven't played it but Rush Rally 2 is apparently quite well regarded.

Thanks, I'll give it a try with my reward money.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Rubicon for King's Raid Guild Raids do you still think we should just focus on doing multiple Easy runs a week right now, or is it worth sticking with Normal since we can maybe clear it with you doing all the work :cheeky:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
also, are people getting up to the point where we could assemble BD70 parties?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

After years of development, Million Onion Hotel came out at some point. It's a passion project of the producer for Chulip and No More Heroes.

On the surface it's a boring-rear end puzzle game, but it's kind of an 'unfolding' game where more puzzles, mechanics, and modes layer on top.

Good:
No stamina bars, ads, or gasha poo poo.
Legit funny in spots.
Weird and cute pixel art.

Not good:
Weird music
Not free, only cheap
While deeper, the sheer tapping gives me FF:ATB flashbacks

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.oniongames.hotel

Not sure about my opinion on it overall. There are things I love about it, but so much tapping.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It's alright but pretty simple. I had to play it on my tablet for better accuracy and multitap, and after swapping over I beat it in two tries. Still don't know if you can do anything to guard against time loss in the bosses, though

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Any reviews, opinions, etc on the South Park game (Phone Destroyer)?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i installed phone destroyer and iirc it was like Clash Royale. that's fine but i could just play Royale instead...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh yeah, I forgot about that after I nuked a city and realized it auto-saved. :v:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Dead Rain is a pretty decent 2D zombie run and gun game I got recommended by the Play Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

DemonMage posted:

Rubicon for King's Raid Guild Raids do you still think we should just focus on doing multiple Easy runs a week right now, or is it worth sticking with Normal since we can maybe clear it with you doing all the work :cheeky:

I think easy raid would be more beneficial. Gives new players a chance to try out different team comps vs the various bosses.