Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Drugs, I'm guessing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

shortspecialbus posted:

Drugs, I'm guessing?

No, those are power lines.

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

No, those are power lines.

A more natural high.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

shortspecialbus posted:

Drugs, I'm guessing?

Guessing drugs and Russia. Russian drugs at that.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Humphreys posted:

That really escalated quickly.

The first clip I wasn't impressed, just a few people stumbling around in the snow. Then oh nothing much, just an Excavator breaking a wall down. HAHAHAH

edit: looking at this again after i stopped laughing at Mad Micks , i don't think this is actually the same lidl, the picture is just flying around irish social media at the moment

echomadman fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 3, 2018

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

gently caress blimp domes, I want a Futuro House

20170303-DSC_7721 by revbleech, on Flickr

:getin:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
“Mad Micks” is good as hell lmao

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

gently caress blimp domes, I want a Futuro House

20170303-DSC_7721 by revbleech, on Flickr

:getin:

This house is not far from me:

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

echomadman posted:

edit: looking at this again after i stopped laughing at Mad Micks , i don't think this is actually the same lidl, the picture is just flying around irish social media at the moment

yeah that's from Germany in 2016, it got reposted when the Dublin stuff was happening.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anglos are not used to minuscule Winter and resort to utter chaos at the very hint of it.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

It's big, it's heavy, it's wood

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

This pictures just reinforces that children today just don’t have the work ethic of previous generations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Actually those are all 30 year olds, due to lack of proper nutrition they all suffer from stunted growth.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

It's big, it's heavy, it's wood

It's great for a snack, it fits on your back.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
they have angered the machine

Reverend Jake
Sep 2, 2011

Deteriorata posted:

This house is not far from me:

Is that the one that I’m told just got painted silver on Signal Mountain? My brother and his family live up there, and the kids always love seeing it on the way up to visit.

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

Guyver posted:

Collateral Damage posted:

I think construction companies started putting immobilisers in their machines after that because it died out after a year or so.
Most newer cranes, loaders and excavators have a battery disconnect. The older stuff where I work has a switch wired right to the battery. Just open the battery compartment and there it is the cheapest off the shelf switch NAPA had at the time.

Though it's less about thief and more about battery drain. Nothing beats telling people they have to wait to get to work while the batteries charge because someone left the key on overnight.

An automotive style immobilizer would be a nightmare if it ever malfunctioned (or more likely when someone lost the key), as heavy equipment can't easily be towed out of the way like a car. Just taking the key out doesn't really help because most equipment from a given manufacturer is keyed the same (ie one single key will start every Komatsu loader, excavator, bulldozer, etc). A disconnect with a padlock works alright, but even 90% of those can be defeated by hooking a jumper cable from the battery ground post to the frame. Heavy equipment remains hilariously easy to steal.

EKDS5k fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 3, 2018

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

How did they stack them that high?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

EKDS5k posted:

An automotive style immobilizer would be a nightmare if it ever malfunctioned (or more likely when someone lost the key), as heavy equipment can't easily be towed out of the way like a car. Just taking the key out doesn't really help because most equipment from a given manufacturer is keyed the same (ie one single key will start every Komatsu loader, excavator, bulldozer, etc). A disconnect with a padlock works alright, but even 90% of those can be defeated by hooking a jumper cable from the battery ground post to the frame. Heavy equipment remains hilariously easy to steal.

That's something I find funny working with scissor and boom lifts, not only are they all keyed the same, but for the most part I've rarely run into ones that actually require a proper key as the barrel is completely hosed and can be turned with anything at all.

I still take the keys out overnight, for the illusion of safety.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

shut up blegum posted:

Child labor as mortar.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Good thing she's wearing those sandals.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Yolandi in South Africa, Die Antword getting crazy

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/s1bYbsZ.mp4

Insurance claim:

New window (smashed)
New steering wheel (finger marks unable to be removed)
New driver's seat (unrecoverably soiled)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Samopsa posted:

same, pretty cool episode, curious to see what they talk about in the second part besides the plane crash.

It was already out before the first episode was posted in here so you won't have to wait!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

shut up blegum posted:

[img-ancient-aliens-guy.jpg]

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/xh4CRqJ.mp4

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^^ I feel disappointment.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

oohhboy posted:

Still probably left a nice dent, though.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

oohhboy posted:

How do you think the poor guy in the excavator feels? So close and no satisfaction.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

still probably a $3000 repair bill

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Anglos are not used to minuscule Winter and resort to utter chaos at the very hint of it.

The famously Anglo people of Ireland.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Grape posted:

The famously Anglo people of Ireland.

Anglo short for anglophone. So yes.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/yi54LIN.gifv

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
drat, if I was a passenger in that truck I would follow the driver anywhere after that. I'd have to admit to myself that I was in the company of somebody with far greater instincts and decision-making skills than my own. I'd never make another decision without them.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Jesus Christ, the balls on that guy.

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Jesus Christ, the balls on that guy.

Gonads, take the wheel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Are they running from that water for sport or for their lives?