Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

FCKGW posted:

the olive garden sent a takedown notice to the seinfeld current day twitter account over a joke about ar-15s

https://twitter.com/Seinfeld2000/status/969724732298768385

welcome to hellscape, bitch

loving lol all around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
in the comments they claim it wasn't them

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

lancemantis posted:

it also gives them the bonus of

1) the psuedo-egalitarian actions they crave, "doing something for others"
2) they get to remake schools in a vision of the way they think they should have experienced school to begin with, a vision arrived at later in life based on how they experienced their adulthood success

its like parents living vicariously though their children, except they want to live vicariously through everyone's children

This is nothing else but a thinly veiled desire to rule or dominate someone else through financial superiority while insulating you and yours from the world at large, and a superiority complex which makes you believe that you are the only competent person to wield that power.

I also see this in Japan. If you go to Rakuten's headquarters there is a huge video screen presenting how one of the founders is building a school and how it is his dream etc. I see SoftBank having a trillion dollars to invest.

I also see https://www.nippon.com/en/in-depth/a04603/ and people I know not being able to go to work because all kindergarten spots are filled. I remember reading somewhere that Japan's population is decreasing at the speed of 50 people per hour.

quote:

The average age of Japan’s single mothers is 40. Of the total, 80.8% are divorced, while a mere 7.8% are unwed mothers. Another 7.5% are widows. Their average annual income, including all government benefits, child support, and alimony, is Ą2.23 million, about half of Japan’s median household income. Although a full 80.6% of single mothers are employed, their annual wage earnings average only Ą1.81 million, less than half the average for all Japanese households.

Part of the reason for this situation is that wages for women in Japan are low overall. According to figures released by the National Tax Agency, in 2010 about 43% of all working women were earning Ą2 million or less annually. Nonregular employment, which has risen among both men and women, now accounts for almost 70% of the positions occupied by women. The fact is that poverty is a growing problem for Japanese women in general, not just single mothers.

Japan’s gender pay gap is among the widest in the industrial world, and when it comes to parents, the disparity is particularly pronounced. According to a 2012 report by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, the “price of motherhood” in Japan is exceptionally high, with working mothers earning some 60% less than working fathers on average.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Penisface posted:

This is nothing else but a thinly veiled desire to rule or dominate someone else through financial superiority while insulating you and yours from the world at large, and a superiority complex which makes you believe that you are the only competent person to wield that power.

so really baroque findom then

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

in the comments they claim it wasn't them

https://twitter.com/olivegarden/status/969740934861729792?s=21

which option is funniest:
1. Oliver garden actually sent it after all
2. some random dude faked a c/d
3. the seinfeld twitter guy faked a c/d against him

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Penisface posted:

I also see this in Japan. If you go to Rakuten's headquarters there is a huge video screen presenting how one of the founders is building a school and how it is his dream etc. I see SoftBank having a trillion dollars to invest.

I also see https://www.nippon.com/en/in-depth/a04603/ and people I know not being able to go to work because all kindergarten spots are filled. I remember reading somewhere that Japan's population is decreasing at the speed of 50 people per hour.

pfft i don't know what those millionaire single mothers have to complain about :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

i like the idea that someone set up a bot to send fake c/d's whenever someone tweets anything including @olivegarden

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

The true option is just depressing

You know it’s some rando that’s entirely too online that wishes he could slam down dicks and delta for their nra stances

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

another option is that Oliver garden’s counsel and the holding company’s counsel are exchanging really angry emails right now

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
now that’s a funny option

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
rifters was good for like 40 pages at the beginning of the first book, the second book was literal rape death sex death everyone dies death.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

another option is that Oliver garden’s counsel and the holding company’s counsel are exchanging really angry emails right now

i feel this one.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

craigslist missed connections

contracted laywers seeks reckless excuses to bill hourly 4 dumb remarks on twitter (please pay counsel $5000 for fridays greasy unlimited bread stick strip club visit)

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
mods, “strip club bread stick”, please and thank you

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

FrozenVent posted:

mods, “strip club bread stick”, please and thank you

one of my friends reasoned that everyone would assume they were gross & thus not touch them, so he had no problem eating chips from a bowl at a seedy af strip club

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

is that legal? i'm shocked they don't have a no livestock in city limits law in palo alto, mv, et al.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

failed state california, where owning poultry is a mark of high social status

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
who's going to stop them?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.cfd08103b70c

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

found it! i found the sentence that beats "my doula makes the best kale chips"

quote:

A Berkeley professor registered her one-eyed special needs rooster, Gwennie, as an emotional support animal.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

:pusheen:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Caganer posted:

is that legal? i'm shocked they don't have a no livestock in city limits law in palo alto, mv, et al.

it's legal in many hippie-dippie cities to keep chickens in your backyard, yeah. there's usually a limit on how many and you can't keep roosters.

infernal machines posted:

yep, we have a new winner :shepicide:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

it's legal in many hippie-dippie cities to keep chickens in your backyard, yeah. there's usually a limit on how many and you can't keep roosters.

we just legalized it here (people did it anyway). if i felt like feeding the raccoons and possums i'd set one up in the backyard myself.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

I don’t think Palo Alto is “hippy dippy”?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

like seriously for god's sake make that the title of the thread and close it, we can't do better

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

keeping chickens in a non-agricultural context is legal in all sorts of places

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Caganer posted:

"its not livestock, its my beloved pet. you can't prove i eat the eggs!"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Caganer posted:

I don’t think Palo Alto is “hippy dippy”?

hard to say. it's the rich liberal kind of hippie-dippie, where you drive a prius and use cloth bags at the supermarket and listen to npr and go on hikes with your dog child. i could see how they'd pass a law allowing people to raise fowl in order to cultivate that image of being in touch with the environment, knowing that no one in their neighborhood would ever actually do it.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

like seriously for god's sake make that the title of the thread and close it, we can't do better

at the very least it's going to be a custom title at some point

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

:smithmouth:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I had a chicken as a pet as a child in my small town in Oregon

People in my neighborhood have chickens (and illegal roosters)

they sell coops at Costco

My coworker keeps chickens but they live in a more rural property

What’s funny is in the little lovely rural village I mostly grew up in in Nebraska, keeping chickens was considered something “those drat illegals” do, along with goats

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

eating the eggs is one thing. selling them is where problems typically arise

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I see fresh eggs for sale signs in my city, granted they’re in front of farms

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh and i was gonna mention this one too: in other "most san francisco things," the other day i saw a guy on a recumbent bicycle flipping the bird to the driver of a fuel cell car who cut him off

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

NPR = Nice Polite Republicans is also the best analogy for Berkeley

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lancemantis posted:

I see fresh eggs for sale signs in my city, granted they’re in front of farms

selling from an actual farm is usually ok. running an ag operation out of a residentially zoned property often isn’t.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

hard to say. it's the rich liberal kind of hippie-dippie, where you drive a prius and use cloth bags at the supermarket and listen to npr and go on hikes with your dog child. i could see how they'd pass a law allowing people to raise fowl in order to cultivate that image of being in touch with the environment, knowing that no one in their neighborhood would ever actually do it.
palo alto wasnt always a tech buble billionaire playpen. its history is as a bohemian college town where eccentric academics lived and it was leavened with crunchy-granola bay area seventies ideology. the shopping district used to have lots of weird little cafes and used bookstores (theyve largely been gentrified into oblivion but there are still a few traces of them if you know where to look). raising chickens has probably been legal in palo alto for a long time. stanfords long-running official nickname was The Farm, after all.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
the other day i was on a swa flight with an emotional support bull mastiff

that vest says “service animal” on it

dog is literally bigger than the owner lady

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

the other day i was on a swa flight with an emotional support bull mastiff

that vest says “service animal” on it

dog is literally bigger than the owner lady

Dogs like that are trained to help their owners get up when they fall down. They have to be big, strong, and not prone to joint issues. It's p cool, you start to fall and they try to get under you. Failing they they lay next to you so you can plant your hands for them to help you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Like the owner looks pretty old so I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and say it's for that.