Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

thechalkoutline posted:

I haven't gotten a Hellfire Necklace because I'm playing HC and I didn't last play when Ubers were around, and I don't know how hard they are. I have to beat them or lose my duder, so maybe you can tell me how hard they? It's a relative concept, I know, I've tried asking GBS but didn't get any great answers and given my guys maturity I kinda have to have ballpark idea before pop the rift, can you tell me how hard they are?

I'd say they're at most 1 torment level harder, maybe 2 if you're paranoid. I put off fighting them for a long while when I first tried them on Hardcore, and it turned out that all this time I had the ability to essentially 1-shot them with my T13 geared wizard. As with any unknown encounter on HC, start at easier settings if you're not sure, but given the power crawl, they're definitely farm material now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Man, the no-set GR45 got really easy with all that power creep. Just crafted yellows and a HFA to replace my SWK gear and blasted it in like 4 minutes. :v:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It was never all that difficult but now it's just a joke since the patch that added super megazord ability damage to most legendaries in the game.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Completed the Seasonal Journey for the first ever :toot:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
What is the laziest speedfarm class/build this season?

I want to lean back and play with like two buttons.

I came up with a Trag'Ouls build that just teleports and death novas everything and can do T10 pretty well but I'm guessing there's equally lazy speedfarm builds that can push higher.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I think lazystorm still works. Like this or this, with the caveat that I haven't played in a few seasons. You basically activate bone armor then blood rush around, popping curse whenever you see enemies.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

thechalkoutline posted:

I came back after some years so a lot like the cube is new to me

You're saying Battle Rage is hard to use properly? how do you mean? It seems you just keep it up? I'll def try War Cry

I haven't gotten a Hellfire Necklace because I'm playing HC and I didn't last play when Ubers were around, and I don't know how hard they are. I have to beat them or lose my duder, so maybe you can tell me how hard they? It's a relative concept, I know, I've tried asking GBS but didn't get any great answers and given my guys maturity I kinda have to have ballpark idea before pop the rift, can you tell me how hard they are?

No, WotB is hard to use in Leapquake. I have no idea how hard they are for HC but they definitely aren't easy. Nerves of Steel should help.

EDIT: Also I know this won't dissuade you but I to this day have no idea why people play HC. You can lose dozens or hundreds of hours of work and it won't even necessarily be your fault. Doesn't feel like the right way to play to me. I don't play Barbarian in HC but most of the same stuff applies.

Poultron fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 3, 2018

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Playing Hardcore is functionally no different from playing seasons and fragging all your poo poo at the end of the season. The only difference is the game is more exciting and rehearing process happens more often.

And I know it’s a personal thing but in 3 years of HC I have NEVER, EVER RIPped to lag, it’s like saying you don’t want to go swimming because you might be struck by lightning.

Also losing hours of “progress” in an endless game that you could play for literally infinity doesn’t really mean anything.

The actual only lovely thing about Hardcore is legendary gems. If you could just make an Uber rift that was like “Burn 5 Keys on a 65 to instantly boost one gem to 25” then it wouldn’t be an issue but as it is that’s the hardest part.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Bust Rodd posted:

Also losing hours of “progress” in an endless game that you could play for literally infinity doesn’t really mean anything.

It does if you don't have infinite free time and dislike starting games from scratch every time you make a mistake.

I hate to be the one to state the obvious (not really), but there it is.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Solo DH seasonal leaderboards are interesting right now. N6/M4, Shadow, and UE are all represented more than once in the top 10 and are within just a couple GR levels of one another.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There are people who deal with permanent death with a "aw lol drat, time to reroll" and there are people who would ":qq: muh muh muh hours of gear, it was probably lag it's not my fault, please bring me back blizzard :qq:"

Everyone knows which they are

I like HC because it's fun to feel like the game has a purpose (get stronger without dying) and because the only "downside" to it is actually super fun to me (who doesn't like rolling an alt when they're bored of their main guy and have hundreds of paragon points?)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mr Scumbag posted:

It does if you don't have infinite free time and dislike starting games from scratch every time you make a mistake.

I hate to be the one to state the obvious (not really), but there it is.

What do you consider Starting From Scratch? The start of a season? Any time you're level 1, regardless of paragon and cube powers?

I agree that a fresh, zero paragon 1 to 70 is boring, but that's something you do once a season, soft or Hardcore

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007
I don't get how people play HC in groups. Pushing 4 man is really fun for me but I know I'm going to die to some dumb poo poo at some point and that ruins the idea of HC. I don't feel like losing a character with a bunch of augmented peices because someone disconnected in the middle of a grift or too many mobs get pulled and area damage freezes the game and kills us all.

Solo HC pushing looks really fun though because you have to actually play well and can't just faceroll poo poo at some point and need to pay attention.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I am playing with 3 friends and we're currently pushing 80s rifts. I am still stuck with Invoker since I am getting poo poo for drops but what do you guys think would be the best crusader group spec?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Spacely posted:

I don't get how people play HC in groups. Pushing 4 man is really fun for me but I know I'm going to die to some dumb poo poo at some point and that ruins the idea of HC. I don't feel like losing a character with a bunch of augmented peices because someone disconnected in the middle of a grift or too many mobs get pulled and area damage freezes the game and kills us all.

Solo HC pushing looks really fun though because you have to actually play well and can't just faceroll poo poo at some point and need to pay attention.

Ah, memories.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I did it guys! Looks like I can solo GR78. Thanks for all the advice and help. It seems like anything higher is a matter of tweaking my items for the best possible roll... and fuckkkkk that. I do have the other 3 demon hunter sets, maybe I can build something with that. It sucks that I can't roll another toon and get another season set.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Mr Scumbag posted:

What is the laziest speedfarm class/build this season?

I want to lean back and play with like two buttons.

I came up with a Trag'Ouls build that just teleports and death novas everything and can do T10 pretty well but I'm guessing there's equally lazy speedfarm builds that can push higher.

I'm using this, except with Final Service swapped out for the passive that gives you life + essence per kill, and i'm comfortably doing T12 with no Augments and the only Ancients being my Corroded Fang and Lost Time. It's fantastic if you just want to run around in circles and watch things die.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

T1g4h posted:

I'm using this, except with Final Service swapped out for the passive that gives you life + essence per kill, and i'm comfortably doing T12 with no Augments and the only Ancients being my Corroded Fang and Lost Time. It's fantastic if you just want to run around in circles and watch things die.

I don't know if you're dead set on necros but sunwuko bells monk is stupid easy with just a few pieces of gear.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Playing Hardcore is functionally no different from playing seasons and fragging all your poo poo at the end of the season. The only difference is the game is more exciting and rehearing process happens more often.

And I know it’s a personal thing but in 3 years of HC I have NEVER, EVER RIPped to lag, it’s like saying you don’t want to go swimming because you might be struck by lightning.

The actual only lovely thing about Hardcore is legendary gems. If you could just make an Uber rift that was like “Burn 5 Keys on a 65 to instantly boost one gem to 25” then it wouldn’t be an issue but as it is that’s the hardest part.

Hadn't considered it in the seasonal sense. Still not for me (at least I know when the season end is coming) but good point nonetheless. Some people have way more problems with lag spikes than others though.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
whoa, set dungeons are actually kind of fun now that they reduced the BS Factor

4 Crusaders sets down, and just need to farm up the sets on my Barbarian

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

-Plays Hardcore
-Likes set dungeons

You're in a small sliver of a Venn diagram, somewhere.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Have fun with the wastes set dungeon.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Also just for posterity I didn't have Ancient Parthan Defenders in my build I posted earlier, I forget a lot of things. Leapquake is a core part of my being now, it's like asking me to explain how I breathe

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

pyromance posted:

Have fun with the wastes set dungeon.

What's its deal? Real hard? Bullshit hard? Literally broken?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
You have to vacuum up a bunch of trash to rend all at once but they die super easily so you have to gimp your damage. Oh, and you also automatically fail if you take damage.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
On the subject of Leapquake, I wanted to stop by and check in and make sure I wasn't missing anything this season as I haven't played it for a while. The whole Seismic Slam instead of Boulder Toss thing feels so weird and unnatural but I think I am finally adjusting.

Anyway, here’s my current build with which I am able to push GR85 or so --

Just wondering what my next steps should be. Am I into the "farm Ancients and Caldesanns" part of the season now or are there other immediate steps I should be taking?

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!

Flying Leatherman posted:

Just wondering what my next steps should be. Am I into the "farm Ancients and Caldesanns" part of the season now or are there other immediate steps I should be taking?

Everything mostly looks fine. Could use better rolls on some items like the hellfire amulet. Your stats look incredibly squishy though. You have quite low vitality, and you're probably at the point where you should be putting diamonds in your gear. Other than that, yeah, ancients/caldessans.

I'm not sure if you need the Animosity passive. I don't use it, and I don't have +fury on my weapon (I have 160 total from paragon/belt) and I seem to do fine. I do have a second 8% cooldown roll though.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Flying Leatherman posted:

On the subject of Leapquake, I wanted to stop by and check in and make sure I wasn't missing anything this season as I haven't played it for a while. The whole Seismic Slam instead of Boulder Toss thing feels so weird and unnatural but I think I am finally adjusting.

Anyway, here’s my current build with which I am able to push GR85 or so --

Animosity is useless, use Nerves of Steel instead. You're doing something very wrong if you aren't filling your Fury every cycle.

It might not be relevant (I.E. you don't have a spare) but Earthquake damage is almost always better than Being Ancient when it comes to your Blade of the Tribes. Yes, it's really that big of a deal. If you had a 200% EQ damage, non-Ancient BotT it would be better than what you have. You can simulate this with d3planner if you don't believe me.

Also not totally sure why you haven't rolled Vitality off your necklace into a damage stat, or CDR if you still need some (you shouldn't).

The EQ damage on your weapon would be the biggest damage increase if you can manage it, but I understand it's not incredibly likely you just have 5 to choose from lying around.

Thorg posted:

Everything mostly looks fine. Could use better rolls on some items like the hellfire amulet. Your stats look incredibly squishy though. You have quite low vitality, and you're probably at the point where you should be putting diamonds in your gear. Other than that, yeah, ancients/caldessans.

I'm not sure if you need the Animosity passive. I don't use it, and I don't have +fury on my weapon (I have 160 total from paragon/belt) and I seem to do fine. I do have a second 8% cooldown roll though.

Leapquake is one of the most durable builds in the entire game, generally your stats on gear won't make a tremendous difference in this regard. If you need more toughness then just swap out some allres gems. I try to hover around 1k before buffs but it's probably overkill.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I have a crusader that I'm looking to play. What should I build? I want something to deal stupid amounts of damage.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
akkhan condemn

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So I went back to PC Diablo from the console version to play with a buddy...

It feels like a huge step back in UI design. I am missing so many quality of life features, Did they just never rget implemented on PC?
Like, is there no option to mark items "trash" in you inventory and then sell/salvage all at a one button press? I could not find it in the key bindings.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Upgrade the blacksmith. You can scrap all whites blues and yellows with like 3 clicks.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Thank you!

I had a brief moment of panic when you mentioned the HFA rolls and then I realized that my saved gear set had the wrong drat HFA in it. This, I suppose, would also explain why Nerves of Steel wasn't proccing in the last GR I did... :downs: The new one is still really mediocre but at least has Nerves of Steel.

I actually do have a spare BotT lying around with a bunch more EQ damage! It's not rolled terribly so I'll throw a socket on it and give it a go. Thanks!

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Mar 4, 2018

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Hopper posted:

So I went back to PC Diablo from the console version to play with a buddy...

It feels like a huge step back in UI design. I am missing so many quality of life features, Did they just never rget implemented on PC?
Like, is there no option to mark items "trash" in you inventory and then sell/salvage all at a one button press? I could not find it in the key bindings.

Can you name more than just that one? The console and PC teams are totally separate, despite what a lot of total morons on the internet thought (and likely still think). They also stopped caring about developing the game a while ago so it's pretty likely they don't talk to each other unfortunately.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

We're getting a Battlecruiser pet in Diablo 3 for StarCraft's 20 year anniversary.

https://starcraft2.com/en-us/SC20

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

DrSeRRoD posted:

We're getting a Battlecruiser pet in Diablo 3 for StarCraft's 20 year anniversary.

https://starcraft2.com/en-us/SC20

This is fantastic. I can't wait to see it sipping around the map at insane speeds, trying to vacuum up all the gold.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hobold posted:

This is fantastic. I can't wait to see it sipping around the map at insane speeds, trying to vacuum up all the gold.

Same. It may become my go-to pet.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh that's awesome. What are the chances it'll come to console?

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Tahirovic posted:

I am playing with 3 friends and we're currently pushing 80s rifts. I am still stuck with Invoker since I am getting poo poo for drops but what do you guys think would be the best crusader group spec?

Akkhan’s Condemn, which will be a lot better if you have a good zdps monk to group mobs. While there are better trash clearing builds ~in the meta~ its the best for Crusader, you just need someone who can kill the rift guardian/elites. Otherwise I think Invoker can be the rift guardian elite killer but idk I haven’t played that set in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

Marketing New Brain posted:

Akkhan’s Condemn, which will be a lot better if you have a good zdps monk to group mobs. While there are better trash clearing builds ~in the meta~ its the best for Crusader, you just need someone who can kill the rift guardian/elites. Otherwise I think Invoker can be the rift guardian elite killer but idk I haven’t played that set in a while.

Akkhans is better for rift guardian killer as well. You go heavens fury with the shield that does 30% more per hit and the flail that makes it split into 3 beams and you can kill RGs pretty quickly.