Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

President Beep posted:

just kind of surprised to see something like that as a first party item

Land Rover people are worse than Porsche people or Ferrari fans in terms of accepting the tackiest poo poo because it has the right brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I have never met a 'land rover person' and i dont want to

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
to me the gold standard for lovely vehicle branding consumers will always be harley davidson people. i tried looking for an HD-branded android phone, and amazingly I couldn’t find one. :/

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
why do you always zip up when you get off the phone? you got a pussy in that thing?

heh, good one punchy

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

to me the gold standard for lovely vehicle branding consumers will always be harley davidson people. i tried looking for an HD-branded android phone, and amazingly I couldn’t find one. :/

boomers dont use those phones theyre full of millennials and twitters! now give em a good leases handset from bell and the open road and theres your market mate

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

wait of course there was a harley davidson smartphone and of course it ran windows:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Get-Your-Harley-Davidson-Smartphone-with-Windows-Phone-8-1-for-Just-250-325-458043.shtml

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
im the screen protector applied by someone with a palsy

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
im noted cell phone manufacturer NGM

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i'm the dual sims.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

*shakes head*

only four clocks. this won't do. at all.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

*shakes head*

only four clocks. this won't do. at all.

im positively shocked its running the most recent version of android

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

poty posted:

the chronicles of Gimick

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
nice chins, guys

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

apple has broken the telephone industry

the notches aren't even justifiable. just put the chin at the top and now you don't need a notch at all.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

not at this distance your honor

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the doggie 5

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

only two android phone makers put out security updates in a timely manner

obviously one is google, but try and guess the other...

lol essential

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

The_Franz posted:

only two android phone makers put out security updates in a timely manner

obviously one is google, but try and guess the other...

lol essential

I was guessing Samsung before clicking the spoiler

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

My Linux Rig posted:

I was guessing Samsung before clicking the spoiler

given my personal experience i had a feeling it wasn’t samsung

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

President Beep posted:

I’ve never owned one myself, I did have an htc and lg phone a while back and those definitely never get updated either

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

My Linux Rig posted:

I’ve never owned one myself, I did have an htc and lg phone a while back and those definitely never get updated either

in a fit of stupidity, i bought a galaxy tab 7+ less than a year after release. it shipped with 3.0, and they FINALLY pushed out an update to 4.0 like 1.5 years later. by that time, samsung had already ADD’d their way off to another 7 inch model, and support for mine was dropped like a hot potato. it was enough to make me swear off android indefinitely.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

i was ready to be impressed that it was samsung but lol

President Beep posted:

in a fit of stupidity, i bought a galaxy tab 7+ less than a year after release. it shipped with 3.0, and they FINALLY pushed out an update to 4.0 like 1.5 years later. by that time, samsung had already ADD’d their way off to another 7 inch model, and support for mine was dropped like a hot potato. it was enough to make me swear off android indefinitely.

meanwhile chunky cheap kindle fires get updates for years. its literally impressive sammy does such a poor job

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

yeah samsung impressed me in disappointing ways twice so what???

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
https://twitter.com/vladsavov/status/968566869182599174

someone please find pictures of the clocks being obscured

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
remind me why screen-to-body ratio is so important

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

bigger number = better than

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

i would definitely prefer that my screen was just a bit shorter rather than have a segment obstructed

and will someone please think of the poor app developers??

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Jimmy Carter posted:

https://twitter.com/vladsavov/status/968566869182599174

someone please find pictures of the clocks being obscured

peep dat upper corner

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm glad it's now expected that your screen will explode into a million pieces if anything so much as taps the side of your phone

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

FMguru posted:

peep dat upper corner

google dual wield. :black101:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
don’t android phones have small cultures of icons living in the top bar?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

cultures of icons

don’t know if this was as on purpose or not, but i like it nonetheless.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

infernal machines posted:

i'm glad it's now expected that your screen will explode into a million pieces if anything so much as taps the side of your phone

move more product that way.

theodop
Dec 30, 2005

rock solid, heart touching

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

don’t android phones have small cultures of icons living in the top bar?

Only if you're a cretin

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

FMguru posted:

peep dat upper corner

what corner

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

theodop posted:

Only if you're a cretin

yes, well they're using android, so it goes without saying

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
The only icon in the corner of my phone is the notification that lightflow is running in the background. Anything else that shows up there is a notification that will go away after I interact with it.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

cis autodrag posted:

The only icon in the corner of my phone is the notification that lightflow is running in the background. Anything else that shows up there is a notification that will go away after I interact with it.

and really who among us does not just love interacting with notifications

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Soricidus posted:

and really who among us does not just love interacting with notifications

How else do I see I have new emails or phone calls. gently caress having to actively monitor every incoming communication channel on my phone.