Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Hellsau posted:

literally every change wargaming has made has the effect of making the game worse for players
For that to be true they would have to understand their game well enough not to accidentally do something that improves it occasionally. QED.

Secret :ssh: Confessions of a Bad Stat Badder - You loving Try it! *Checks Stats* gently caress You Are Good!

I started playing WoT on the day of release. I lasted about a year and then installed XVM. This caused me to stop playing. I'm pretty sure if I reinstalled XVM I'd stop playing again. Why? You do not want to know the sheer depths of incompetence that you are sharing the experience with on your team.

Behold the HE spamming loss monkey and the twelve players who are worse than them. Not convinced?

This guy thinks he's good at the game. A pro in fact. No really. Stop loving laughing, this isn't funny.

Anyway I only did this to distract you from the below

<insert suck at sucking joke(s)>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cartoon posted:

For that to be true they would have to understand their game well enough not to accidentally do something that improves it occasionally. QED.

Secret :ssh: Confessions of a Bad Stat Badder - You loving Try it! *Checks Stats* gently caress You Are Good!

I started playing WoT on the day of release. I lasted about a year and then installed XVM. This caused me to stop playing. I'm pretty sure if I reinstalled XVM I'd stop playing again. Why? You do not want to know the sheer depths of incompetence that you are sharing the experience with on your team.

Behold the HE spamming loss monkey and the twelve players who are worse than them. Not convinced?

This guy thinks he's good at the game. A pro in fact. No really. Stop loving laughing, this isn't funny.

Anyway I only did this to distract you from the below

<insert suck at sucking joke(s)>

Top-tier T25AT does 5 damage and it isn't even a killshot?!?!? :psyboom:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Atomizer posted:

Top-tier T25AT does 5 damage and it isn't even a killshot?!?!? :psyboom:

he probably got his rear end killed by an o-ni by ramming it full speed, dealing 5 damage is above average

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
I managed 3 wins out of 15 matches in my skorpion g today. Its my second most played tank and I have like 46% winrate in it. I'm one of them. :downs:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Please stop playing your Skorpion and give it to someone that knows where the left mouse button is.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

serious gaylord posted:

Please stop playing your Skorpion

ftfy

is there still a pile of skorps in every tier 8/9/10 game

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

YellerBill posted:

ftfy

is there still a pile of skorps in every tier 8/9/10 game

No, it's mostly defenders now.

I can't stop playing it. I need credits and playing other tanks requires effort.

It was a win padder when I got it. Now it's always bottom tier and I suck.

2Jets fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 5, 2018

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I really wish I'd bought a Defender back when they were on sale in early 2017.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
You know, it's almost like you could say WG is doing Flavor of the Season premiums on purpose. :ohdear:

"My god-tier premium sucks now! Oooh, what's that new shiny thing (that costs $45-50)?"

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Nevermind the skorpion is still good. 8 wins in a row. Weekend matchmaking conspiracy confirmed.

I totally buy into that flavor of the month premium conspiracy. I have a feeling that the ontrack tanks get special treatment too :tinfoil:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh it actually looks like the Defender is being sold right now but only in the US store.

I can't decide if this is Wargaming EU loving over their playerbase once again, or actually protecting us :v:

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
I too would like to buy a Defender (but need it in the EU store..)

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I actually bought a Defender a week ago when it went on sale and I find it was worth it. It's one of the best overall T8 tanks. If people weren't firing gold at me most of the time I'd be even better.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tahirovic posted:

I actually bought a Defender a week ago when it went on sale and I find it was worth it. It's one of the best overall T8 tanks.

YEAH I BET!

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
For the Academy's consideration: the Type 5, for the Best Tank to Drive Drunk category.

Also for the Worst Tank to Have to Flex and Fix the Other Flank In in category.

All other tanks: you try playing this game sober?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Strike Anywhere posted:

All other tanks: you try playing this game sober?
For science! :science:

Confessions of a Stat Badder - To the Examination Table!

I think I found another of my kin!

The similarities between all our stats are uncanny.

http://www.noobmeter.com/compareplayers/na/all/patrickkel1/You_R_Pwned

:zpatriot: Brother Patrickkel1 for not fighting the bad fight.

And more of the huge surging mass of poo poo stains that infest this game:

That's 22 people who couldn't get as much exp as the person throwing the match and a further two who couldn't do as much damage :psyduck:

And then I made a new friend:

So how does "a base camping itnroant(sp) oval office" manage to do more damage and two more kills than you Diegrinder? It couldn't be because you suck at tanks now could it?

Cartoon fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 6, 2018

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Der Shovel posted:

Oh it actually looks like the Defender is being sold right now but only in the US store.

I can't decide if this is Wargaming EU loving over their playerbase once again, or actually protecting us :v:

Definitely the latter, but not exactly for that reason as far as they care.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Man, the M3 Lee is real poo poo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
There’s a reason the soviets nicknamed it "coffin for seven brothers"

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Play as a TD and put that DPM to use. I mean it's still poo poo since it's really no MT at all, but at least you might get something out of that gun.

For what it's worth, I hated the Lee too. The Grant, not so much (thanks, moderately reduced profile!), but as far as low-tier mediums go they're both absolute crap when compared or contending with a Matilda or Pz. IV D.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Play as a TD and put that DPM to use. I mean it's still poo poo since it's really no MT at all, but at least you might get something out of that gun.

For what it's worth, I hated the Lee too. The Grant, not so much (thanks, moderately reduced profile!), but as far as low-tier mediums go they're both absolute crap when compared or contending with a Matilda or Pz. IV D.

Yeah I've just been trying to hide in a bush and shoot people. But the gun can't really penetrate anyone and I die in 1 shot usually.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Yeah I've just been trying to hide in a bush and shoot people. But the gun can't really penetrate anyone and I die in 1 shot usually.

Good old matchmaker "improvements". Tier IV is a total loving dog, unfortunately. Tier V is okay-ish. Tier VI onward is generally utter poo poo until Tier IX, and even then only once you get a vehicle in top config. Wahey, +2 MM!

Why the gently caress do I keep playing this game?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Get hard cover, poke your gun around the corner, and eat up pretty much anything you see aside from the front of some Tier VI heavies. Its a great first-line support tank. Hiding in a bush is worthless.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Tier V seems alright, or at least I feel like matches in the T-34 and Leopard are fun enough and I can do something. I just want a turret!

Was going for the T-34-85 but it's a million silvers which would take me hundreds of matches probably.

Won a match in the Lee though, I hid in a bush and last hit 1 guy. Then a KV-1 came and was immune to damage so I ran away.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Won a match in the Lee though, I hid in a bush and last hit 1 guy. Then a KV-1 came and was immune to damage so I ran away.
Driver port is your friend. Sides are also made of butter.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Drivers port is not a weakspot on the KV-1 and the sides are still 75mm

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

RanKizama posted:

Get hard cover, poke your gun around the corner, and eat up pretty much anything you see aside from the front of some Tier VI heavies. Its a great first-line support tank. Hiding in a bush is worthless.

Gave that a go, worked pretty well when I'm top tier or just against tier V tanks.

And lol, finished a match and got a whopping 14xp....

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I unlocked the Panther 2 and you need to spend 22,000 exp just to be able to use THE SAME GUN YOU HAD ON THE PANTHER and the upgraded engine so you don't drive everywhere at 20kph. It literally has the 190pen gun as stock that the panther starts with. This isn't even an upgraded gun from the panther, its literally the same gun that now sees tier 10's.

And even then you need another 50-60k to get the 2nd best gun. The German medium lines seem really loving strange in their exp choices.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
You only need to unlock the tracks to mount the 7.5 L/100 if you mount the vstab/rammer/etc. It's dumb, but not unique to the Panther 2, unfortunately.

The trick here is that before the 88 L/100 was introduced for the Panther 2, you could make decent arguments for both the 88 L/70 and the 7.5 L/100- the 88 only gets 5 more pen, and the 75 has better fire rate for permatracking, while being slightly more accurate and faster to aim. Now the 88 L/100 has nearly the handling stats of the 75, superior accuracy, the alpha of the 88, excellent penetration, and is just hands down the best gun for most situations (especially with the heavier armor you run into nowadays). It just has slightly less DPM.

e2: there I think I've got it right this time. It's late though, and my memory of the old Panther 2 meta is spotty. Someone will come along eventually to say that I'm wrong, probably.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 6, 2018

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Panther 2 was total poo poo before the 8,8 L/100, and I only managed to get through it (and the Cent 1) through tier 8 strongholds before the OP premiums killed those off. A gun that can actually damage higher tier enemies is pretty good, and I'm one of those idiots that runs the L/100 on the E 50, and even with the ludicrous DPM cut (1800 vs 3000, lol) you're only losing like 200 raw DPM off the other gun options and have vastly superior applicable DPM.

Is the Panther 2 still able to get racked frontally? That's what made the thing poo poo, no armor and horrendous module problems with no actual upside.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I bought the Caernarvon without getting the upgraded turret first :unsmigghh:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

How in hell did an IS not do any damage?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

SocketWrench posted:

How in hell did an IS not do any damage?

When it's driven by a 103WN8 potato

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Always baffles me how people have 15-20k battles or more and are still that terrible. If they're going to devote that much time to a hobby, you'd think they'd at least be trying to improve at it, but it seems like so many of them are content to just keep clicking that Battle button over and over and over again and then keep camping redline or noobiciding or whatever the hell it is they're doing that nets them an average of <200 damage per game in a tier 7+ tank. I don't understand how that's any fun at all; I mean, if I still sucked that much at something after putting that much time into it, I'd go find something else to do with my free time...

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

I would be pretty happy if there were more bad players and less good players if I'm being honest

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

ROFLburger posted:

I would be pretty happy if there were more bad players and less good players if I'm being honest

I kind of don't care as long as MM found some way to even them out across the teams. Pulling off some 30% victory is great but that doesn't make up for getting blitzkrieged the other 40 times you have those odds.

I use XVM to see who can or can't be trusted to fog a mirror but there's plenty of times where I consider turning it off altogether, in battle advantages be damned. Ignorance is bliss.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Barry posted:

I kind of don't care as long as MM found some way to even them out across the teams. Pulling off some 30% victory is great but that doesn't make up for getting blitzkrieged the other 40 times you have those odds.

I use XVM to see who can or can't be trusted to fog a mirror but there's plenty of times where I consider turning it off altogether, in battle advantages be damned. Ignorance is bliss.

XVM causes more harm than good. I've lost count of the number of battles where someone has rage quit because its a 41%er or spent the first 5 minutes bemoaning the team for being tomatoes. Of course the inevitable team killing that happens because of hurt feelings too.

Also gently caress artillery players with XVM.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Most people are really bad at everything including games. That information wouldn't suprise you at all if you had a job or friends.

Barry posted:

I kind of don't care as long as MM found some way to even them out across the teams.

Teams being random is the best way to have an advantage if you are better than the average player. I like random matchmaking.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

XVM causes more harm than good. ...

Also gently caress artillery players with XVM.

Artillery mains in general are loving morons. The number of times I check the service record of some redline dipshit only to see 44-47%WR after 25k battles (with several thousand in just one clicker) is just miserably common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Artillery mains in general are loving morons. The number of times I check the service record of some redline dipshit only to see 44-47%WR after 25k battles (with several thousand in just one clicker) is just miserably common.

Oooo, am I rare bird then? Check my stats :D
In game name is the same as my name here.