Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

Accidentally did a snatch with deadlift weight

Every time I see someone load up two plates at the gym I secretly hope they're going to snatch it and be awesome but then they just do bouncing deadlifts with a round back for 5x10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Killing Loaf posted:

Every time I see someone load up two plates at the gym I secretly hope they're going to snatch it and be awesome but then they just do bouncing deadlifts with a round back for 5x10.

Is your gym full of teeny tiny people?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I snatch 2 5 pound plates all the time

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

oly lifts are no good if you're just trying to get swole

i used to do them but stopped cos they take forever and i only care about big numbers and aesthetics

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Gonna have to train tonight before the snow rolls in and everyone full panic mode.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Supermarket was cleared out of proper milk. Going to have to drink soy.

RIP my gains. I'd just put another 5kg on my front squat, too.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
nice one soyboy

lol jk soy milk for life be nice to cows

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Broke up with my girlfriend. Means more time at the gym for me.

But in reality it means it's time to start cutting. She worked at a brewery so I have drank so much beer.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

baw posted:

nice one soyboy

lol jk soy milk for life be nice to cows

Cows love being milked.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

neck bridge

baw
Nov 5, 2008

sassassin posted:

Cows love being milked.

thi is true but there are other factors

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

baw posted:

thi is true but there are other factors

Here we go with the moralising. Who are you to judge what someone else loves?

Kinkshaming bitch.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
It's a good thing my office is empty besides me & operations manager today

Tuesday I had a really horrendous void-everything-from-the-body stomach bug that hosed me up real good. I'm getting back to normal and today I have the absolute wooooooorst protein farts I've smelled in a while

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Do you ever not have those?

What's that like?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

use soy protein isolate to avoid protein farts

baw
Nov 5, 2008

plus you grow huge tits

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Moving into a house that's about .2 miles from my gym and only one traffic light!!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

The Ferret King posted:

Do you ever not have those?

What's that like?

idk eventually my body gets used to the constant influx of protein and stuff and it settles down. Like I'll get random stanky farts but it's never like this, for this long, all dang day now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I don't overload protein so I don't get any digestion issues.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I do everything perfectly too so I don't have <any problem anyone ever complains about ever>

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
573lbs 5x2 farmers walk last week without straps. Going for a 5x2 600lbs yoke walk tomorrow. Gaining weight, up to about 240lbs bodyweight atm.

Yesterday did a 400lbs deadlift for a warmup set of 4 reps double overhand (not hook) because i legit forgot to wear straps. Didn't realise till the last rep. Great because ive been wearing straps for all deadlifts over 350lbs the last 6 months to try and negate my imbalance from alternate grip and save hands from shreds.

Shows that Farmers walks are absolutely paying off for grip strength.

Ramping my deadlifts up to heavy singles next month. Havent tested a 1rm in deadlift in about 18 months i have no idea what id pull but my PT reckons i'd be in the mid 600's after this training block. All this strongman/PL training is loving exhausting because im doing heavy compound work of some sort every training day (4 days a week)

Eating like a loving horse 2.2lb steak dinners every night but still not making GBS threads much and waking up hungry as gently caress still. About 12 eggs a day.

My strongman numbers arent that impressive for ny bodyweight but im a natty and new to it also never taken diet too seriously so ive prob missed out on big gains there. Need more carbs.

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 3, 2018

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Haven't had soy in my latte in years.

It's delicious *grows big jiggly tits*

baw
Nov 5, 2008

hell yeah new jts series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vENxdeS7T1g

baw
Nov 5, 2008

i imagine everyone here is already watching the pillars of deadlifting series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmjgmi-dPbQ

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Had to dump plates to the side at work after benching on coffee break without a spotter, apparently everyone on the floor below drinking coffee on break heard the crash. Oh well, at least knew to leave the lock clamps off.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Anyone have recommendations for a decent ez bar, preferably less than a $200 Rogue bar? I'd like to do my arm workouts at home.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Penises generally are free, OP.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

nooneofconsequence posted:

Anyone have recommendations for a decent ez bar, preferably less than a $200 Rogue bar? I'd like to do my arm workouts at home.

Just check Craigslist, you can probably find one for cheap.

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????

nooneofconsequence posted:

Agree with Craigslist. If you need it new check out getrxd or X training equipment.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Working back to my old squat max after a back injury and I know I'm getting there because I'm back to ripping boxers. Time to go back to the stretchy stuff.

PS- it's always a fun time feeling a massive ripping sensation in your groin at the bottom of a squat and playing the "was that cloth or muscle" game

Gwamp
Apr 18, 2003

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo,
I am looking to upgrade my belt after a long cut as the one I have is now far too big. I really like the infinite adjustablity of my old one so what some good ones that are adjustable like that? I am not picky about materials.

On a different (brown) note, I almost blew my rear end in a top hat out doing deadlifts today. I am pretty sure I scared the little old lady on one of the exercise bikes half to death with the volume of it.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
i drank soy milk once and instantly became a tumblr communist who gets hosed by men

ama

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

Gwamp posted:

I am looking to upgrade my belt after a long cut as the one I have is now far too big. I really like the infinite adjustablity of my old one so what some good ones that are adjustable like that? I am not picky about materials.

On a different (brown) note, I almost blew my rear end in a top hat out doing deadlifts today. I am pretty sure I scared the little old lady on one of the exercise bikes half to death with the volume of it.

i have the rogue nylon belt, which is velcro and therefore infinitely adjustable. works great.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

MikeCrotch posted:

i drank soy milk once and instantly became a tumblr communist who gets hosed by men

ama

Is it alright?

Why does the empty curl bar in my gym weigh 17 pounds, what the gently caress is that?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

MikeCrotch posted:

ama

How does being hosed by men compare to a strap-on? Are you more of a marxist in the true sense, or a social democrat?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Let me tell you pal real dicks are the way to go.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Chief McHeath posted:

Is it alright?

Why does the empty curl bar in my gym weigh 17 pounds, what the gently caress is that?

Who cares what a curl bar weighs though really?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Finally back in shape, feeling strong.

Pull groin squatting.

At least I one legged it back up so no one notices. Still strong.

Gwamp
Apr 18, 2003

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo,

ham_sanitizer posted:

i have the rogue nylon belt, which is velcro and therefore infinitely adjustable. works great.

Thanks, I will check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
my heart goes out to the manlet who just had to haul out a bench to stand on so he can reach the pull up handles on the rack