Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

Liberty ? Major red flags.

Yeah, but uh at least it's only online. :)

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

He also said he wants to use that to become a High School Pastor...So yeah

My youth pastor was a cool dude and didn't give a poo poo that my confirmation faith statement was basically "god probably doesn't exist but if it does it definitely didn't make hell because that's a contradiction from all the stuff in the new testament"

then again he was presbryterian so that might have been it.

edit: I also find it very weird and creepy that religions anthropomorphize god and call it "him" or "her". if god's out there it definitely doesn't have a gender like we do.

anwyay thanks for listening to me rant about religion

axeil fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 28, 2018

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Are high school youth pastors required to carry guns in Trump’s America?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Former New York Giants wide receiver David Tyree — best known for making a famous catch against his helmet during Super Bowl XLII — spoke out against gay marriage Wednesday, claiming it is the first step towards "anarchy."

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Well this is lame.

https://twitter.com/mayorbillcarp/status/968582846930739200?s=21

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
gently caress that city they should have had to buy an oversized jersey and pants to the statute

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Well he does know a thing or two about skid marks on a helmet...

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Jota posted:

gently caress that city they should have had to buy an oversized jersey and pants to the statute

It's Brockton Massachusetts. I'm surprised their mayor isn't wandering around in a barrel held up with suspenders.

Edit: also had no idea the town has a Rocky statue but I guess that makes sense since Marciano is originally from there. Both him and Al Davis. Brockton is the city equivalent of Davis's face the last year or two before he died.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

Bradham, Robinson, and Burton are all leaving, aren't they?

Probably, but it depends on the market.

Like is there a team out there that sees Burton as a #1 TE? I don't. So it wouldn't shock me if he doesn't get a huge offers to be a backup TE somewhere else.

There is plenty of tape of Robinson and nobody wanted him for more than the minimum last year. Will one year doing a decent job as the Eagles nickelback make other teams think he's an outside corner or worth a big contract as a nickel?

Bradham is the one I think will draw the most interest, but I also think he's the one that the Eagles most want to keep so maybe they will pay him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

CyberPingu posted:

He also said he wants to use that to become a High School Pastor...So yeah

A terrible waste of an enormous dick imo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

Probably, but it depends on the market.

Like is there a team out there that sees Burton as a #1 TE? I don't. So it wouldn't shock me if he doesn't get a huge offers to be a backup TE somewhere else.

I think he's gonna get some decent offers, maybe even teams who want to fit him in as a starter. He played at a decent level and then his participation in the Philly special gives him a lot of name recognition and attention in the league.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, but uh at least it's only online. :)

It's weird but I was pretty disappointed when I heard this stuff about Foles and Wentz. Probably Trump voters, etc. It's childish, but I guess in my head I thought they must be cool guys in every single way. gently caress, it's football after all. You don't have to be a genius to be good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Play posted:

A terrible waste of an enormous dick imo

Or is it ...

Play
Apr 25, 2006

euphronius posted:

Or is it ...

I set em up, you knock em down

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Play posted:

It's weird but I was pretty disappointed when I heard this stuff about Foles and Wentz. Probably Trump voters, etc. It's childish, but I guess in my head I thought they must be cool guys in every single way. gently caress, it's football after all. You don't have to be a genius to be good.

Well, one positive aspect of Foles' and Wentz's faith is that it destroys the "Tebow was run out of the NFL because he's Christian" argument from Tebow supporters.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Play posted:

I think he's gonna get some decent offers, maybe even teams who want to fit him in as a starter. He played at a decent level and then his participation in the Philly special gives him a lot of name recognition and attention in the league.

I guess the Eagles are going to be looking to rack up comp picks for 2019, so that lessens the possibility that they will sign some of their own free agents.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Trey Burton will probably end up a Patriot somehow 🙄

Play
Apr 25, 2006

89 posted:

Trey Burton will probably end up a Patriot somehow 🙄

This sounds irritatingly likely now that you mention it

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It’s cool, Nick Foles caught a TD over their heads, Brandon Graham ate Tom Brady’s organic coconut oil lunch, and we beat them in the Super Bowl.

They bitches :thumbsup:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Shoot not being flat out single is a waste of that dick.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://twitter.com/GeoffMosherNFL/status/970705450944679936

Take it or hold out for more ?

Remember he's a free agent next year.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

El Patron posted:

https://twitter.com/GeoffMosherNFL/status/970705450944679936

Take it or hold out for more ?

Remember he's a free agent next year.

More.

He's a Super Bowl MVP whose jersey sits alongside Peyton Manning's in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
There are still way too many questions around Wentz's ability to recover from his injury to shop Foles for anything less than A Completely Ridiculous Sum.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Toaster Beef posted:

There are still way too many questions around Wentz's ability to recover from his injury to shop Foles for anything less than A Completely Ridiculous Sum.

They got a first and a fourth for Bradford. I'd be good with that.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

Can you just imagine if Howie Roseman and Bill Belichick teamed up

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

NotWearingPants posted:

I dunno, I think you hold onto him until you know Wentz is back to full strength. It's not like teams are gonna suddenly stop looking for quarterbacks. You won't get as much for him then as you might now, but the importance of draft picks is kinda overstated anyway (both in general and when you're talking about a team built for the next few years, like the Eagles are).

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/970728037242241027

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Toaster Beef posted:

I dunno, I think you hold onto him until you know Wentz is back to full strength. It's not like teams are gonna suddenly stop looking for quarterbacks. You won't get as much for him then as you might now, but the importance of draft picks is kinda overstated anyway (both in general and when you're talking about a team built for the next few years, like the Eagles are).

Yeah, agreed. Definitely do not give up Foles for a 2nd right now. You could probably get that for him down the line if/when some other team loses a starter to injury, and I don't want to find out that Wentz isn't ready to go and we get 4 or more games of whatever Sudafed is. Having a spare QB that can win a Super Bowl is worth a hell of a lot more than some depth linebacker who might start in a couple of years.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
I'd rather have the picks than 4 or 5 games from a QB who is walking away for nothing next year. If that means Sudfeld starts then so be it, Eagles are high on him as well and I trust Doug to game plan for him too just like he did for Nick.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah, agreed. Definitely do not give up Foles for a 2nd right now. You could probably get that for him down the line if/when some other team loses a starter to injury, and I don't want to find out that Wentz isn't ready to go and we get 4 or more games of whatever Sudafed is. Having a spare QB that can win a Super Bowl is worth a hell of a lot more than some depth linebacker who might start in a couple of years.

I disagree. We definitely want a few games of Nate Sudfeld, so the Eagles can turn him into a 2nd.

Toaster Beef posted:

but the importance of draft picks is kinda overstated anyway (both in general and when you're talking about a team built for the next few years, like the Eagles are).

I disagree again. Draft picks have never been more important. They have players that are going to get poached for more than they are worth, their own players are going to want more money, Carson Wentz is going to be signed to an insane contract in a few years, and they are already up against the cap. They need cheap players and rookie contracts are cheap.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

I disagree again. Draft picks have never been more important.

Wentz
Agholor
Ertz
Johnson
Kelce
Vaitai
Graham
Cox
Curry
Barnett
Hicks
Kendricks
Mills

Yeah I'd say draft picks were pretty important for the SB champs

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

In the end I would take less than a 1st and a 4th but there is no reason not to play hardball and see if you can get it for now.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Seems to me like the Eagles need a capable backup QB for their returning-from-injury young QB for their talent-stacked team to make a second SB run more than a couple of draft picks to try and extend the window further down the line, but I suspect the 1st/4th ask underlines that

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

rujasu posted:

Wentz
Agholor
Ertz
Johnson
Kelce
Vaitai
Graham
Cox
Curry
Barnett
Hicks
Kendricks
Mills

Yeah I'd say draft picks were pretty important for the SB champs
Alshon
Jernigan
Darby
Ajayi
Brooks
Blount
Torrey
Bradham
Robinson
Long
Sproles

It goes both ways 🤷🏻‍♂️

Eagles are in the Super Bowl repeat window for the next 2 years AT WORST.

You keep Foles

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
take a 1 and just loving sign Kap Jesus Christ

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

89 posted:

Darby
Ajayi
Torrey
Sproles

Ah yes, these massive pillars around which the team's success revolved

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If any team other than the Vikings came with a first round pick, I'd trade Foles. With all the coaching turnover this year, it's already going to be totally different next year, so trying to straight up replicate it seems pointless. Philly is already under the barrel of a harder schedule, so you might as well accept the bumps and run Sudfeld.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Bring back Chase Daniel lol, finally a chance to start!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'd be super down with Foles getting the starting job in Buffalo. Yeah he's a great "insurance policy" but I'd like to see him do more than that and be the designated starter for a team that is obviously over their QB and wants a pocket passer like Foles. The Eagles should definitely extort Buffalo for all they can, of course. But the fact is a Super Bowl MVP in the backup slot is also a liability because he will be wanting a lot more cash than last year and the Eagles do have cap worries to consider.

A trade for some draft slots would be perfect, allowing them to get a few cheap young talents and allowing Foles to get the starting job somewhere.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Everybody is saying trade Foles for a draft pick if he's traded.....but, what if he was traded for a player instead? What would make sense?

The only weaknesses, on paper, I can see for the Eagles are a WR2 (Agholor is the slot), outside LB (assuming Bradham leaves)....maybe a safety? (McLeod has been solid enough, though).

So, what does that leave?

WR2:
Jarvis Landry? (He thrives more in the slot)

OLB:
?

S:
Earl Thomas is being shopped...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

89 posted:

Alshon
Jernigan
Darby
Ajayi
Brooks
Blount
Torrey
Bradham
Robinson
Long
Sproles

It goes both ways 🤷🏻‍♂️

Eagles are in the Super Bowl repeat window for the next 2 years AT WORST.

You keep Foles

Foles is gone after one year if he wants out. Which, honestly, he'd be crazy not to go and sign the biggest contract of his life to be a starting NFL QB.

It depends on how healthy Wentz is, how good they think Sudfield is, and how much you're getting back for Foles, but knowing what I know currently, I'd say a decent first-rounder is more than enough for Foles.

• Locked thread