Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

malkav11 posted:

Green Room.

Which punk was blue ruin? Hobopunk? Revengepunk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Bedlamdan posted:

What would Nazipunk be like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxd8ml-n5NE

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Bedlamdan posted:

What would Nazipunk be like

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

You know what that is fair, the original Death Wish series was just typical for the time "THE CITIES ARE MAD HOUSES IF ONLY A HERO WOULD RISE (and kill everyone)". Problematic elements to that whole concept, but not exactly uniquely bad compared to its peers.

Eli is just straight up making it into 'look at this cool jacked guy murdering minorities fuckin awesome right guys?!' At least Bronson was supposed to be an everyman old fart who gets pushed too far.

He's an old fart who murks more people than every modern action movie protagonist except for maybe John Wick which is loving badass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRAT1-c7q98

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Any thoughts about the Fantasy Protocol KS?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/218255739/protocol-fantasy-game-omnibus?ref=home_recommended

It sounds a bit like Fiasco and the descriptions of the various games being collected seem cool, but I've never heard of it and have no idea if the rules hold up.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

The only good thing about Death Wish and its ilk is that they resulted in Falling Down being made.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Death Wish is basically a slasher movie where the psychopathic killer happens to be the protagonist.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That's Maniac starring Elijah Wood

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

also You're Next

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

You're Next is just a remake of Home Alone.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

rydiafan posted:

You're Next is just a remake of Home Alone.

Home Alone was just a remake of Straw Dogs

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Since a few people seemed to have questions about the flow of Summerland, I asked Greg about it and he posted an update with a little bit about the D6 system and a description of the flow of a campaign.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.
The Cartel Kickstarter is live.
Ed: nevermind, I can't read and it isn't live yet.

Foglet fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 5, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
AMA with Travis Hancock, the guy behind the currently KS-ing Deadwood 1876.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Cartel is by Magpie Games and MDT, and I'm still boycotting Magpie Games because MDT hasn't apologized for when he decided the best use of his company's blog was to carry water for Zakman.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

inklesspen posted:

Cartel is by Magpie Games and MDT, and I'm still boycotting Magpie Games because MDT hasn't apologized for when he decided the best use of his company's blog was to carry water for Zakman.

Ok

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

inklesspen posted:

To do what for the who now?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Mark Diaz Truman wrote a blog post about how both sides needed to be more civil, and that everyone had good points and people shouldn't say such mean things about Zak S because don't you know hate just begets more hate.

It was mealy-mouthed "truth-is-in-the-middle" centrist pablum.

Serf
May 5, 2011

inklesspen posted:

Yep, the game looks cool but I'll also be withholding my support. Best thing I can say about Magpie is that when I asked for a refund during the Masks campaign they were polite and prompt.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Here is the blog post in question from Mark Diaz Truman.
Here is the post wherein Mark Diaz Truman offers further response to the above.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Well that's a bummer, there goes my desire to give him money

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I mean the shittiest part of that whole thing, to me, isn't even so much the "shouldn't we try to be respectful of this known shithead," it was that MDT did so by throwing one of his friends under the bus in the process.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

JackMann posted:

Mark Diaz Truman wrote a blog post about how both sides needed to be more civil, and that everyone had good points and people shouldn't say such mean things about Zak S because don't you know hate just begets more hate.

It was mealy-mouthed "truth-is-in-the-middle" centrist pablum.

I'm new to this, but it didn't read that way to me. The guy clearly doesn't like Zak, and doesn't think he's partly right or something. I mean, he's not really talking about Zak at all, he's talking about Rob's post; he thinks telling someone to "go gently caress a goat, you waste of human existence" is wrong, regardless of how bad of a person Zak is.

I agree. And if I had to run a public-facing business, I wouldn't want to partner with someone who posted like that. You're burning bridges and not helping anyone.

(That said, if I had a business, I wouldn't have written the post MDT wrote either - I'd say stuff privately or not at all. Nobody likes someone "turning on their friend", and other people will be mad you don't hate buddy as much as they do).

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

jmzero posted:

he thinks telling someone to "go gently caress a goat, you waste of human existence" is wrong, regardless of how bad of a person Zak is.

And he's wrong.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Well, crap. Now I'm glad I bought Masks before finding any of that BS out.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

jmzero posted:

I'm new to this, but it didn't read that way to me. The guy clearly doesn't like Zak, and doesn't think he's partly right or something. I mean, he's not really talking about Zak at all, he's talking about Rob's post; he thinks telling someone to "go gently caress a goat, you waste of human existence" is wrong, regardless of how bad of a person Zak is.

I agree. And if I had to run a public-facing business, I wouldn't want to partner with someone who posted like that. You're burning bridges and not helping anyone.

Good to know you value not telling abusive assholes who ruin people's lives to gently caress off over not tolerating abusive assholes.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

jmzero posted:

I mean, he's not really talking about Zak at all, he's talking about Rob's post; he thinks telling someone to "go gently caress a goat, you waste of human existence" is wrong, regardless of how bad of a person Zak is.

It's true. Goats deserve better. A goat can really do better than that.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

Good to know you value not telling abusive assholes who ruin people's lives to gently caress off over not tolerating abusive assholes.

Well... I'd describe it as "I value not being an abusive rear end in a top hat"; I think it's abusive to tell people to screw goats. I personally am not going to run around policing people's tone or something (and, again, I wouldn't have written this thing that MDT wrote, especially if I was trying to run a business), but I think it'd be better if people didn't tell each other to screw goats - or, at least if they conceded that it wasn't the best idea later. There's better, more productive ways to say whatever it is you want to say.

I mean, I guess you disagree, and I'm OK with that. We're many levels removed from the "life ruiner" here - you're mad that I'm not mad enough at someone who was mad at someone for being too mad at someone for "doing the actual thing that was wrong" (I think).

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Why are you so invested in covering up the actions of lovely people? Are we seriously never supposed to discuss the bad actors in our communities because it's bad form?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

jmzero posted:

Well... I'd describe it as "I value not being an abusive rear end in a top hat"; I think it's abusive to tell people to screw goats. I personally am not going to run around policing people's tone or something (and, again, I wouldn't have written this thing that MDT wrote, especially if I was trying to run a business), but I think it'd be better if people didn't tell each other to screw goats - or, at least if they conceded that it wasn't the best idea later. There's better, more productive ways to say whatever it is you want to say.

I mean, I guess you disagree, and I'm OK with that. We're many levels removed from the "life ruiner" here - you're mad that I'm not mad enough at someone who was mad at someone for being too mad at someone for "doing the actual thing that was wrong" (I think).

Telling lovely people to gently caress off is, in fact, the best way of dealing with lovely people. The idea that their terrible bullshit requires that all reasonable people treat it as normal discourse for the sake of some ideal of civility and decorum is part of how they get away with being lovely people in polite company for so long.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

jmzero posted:

Nobody cares how mad you are, it's just your opinion is dumb.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

jmzero posted:

how big was your kingdom death pledge

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have no idea what Zakman is

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

counterspin posted:

Why are you so invested in covering up the actions of lovely people? Are we seriously never supposed to discuss the bad actors in our communities because it's bad form?

Well.. to be clear, I'm not very invested at all. I just heard about this here, and it seemed to be big news, so I read the links. After reading the links, I didn't understand the reaction this MDT guy was getting. I still don't really.

I posted mainly curious if there was something I was missing. And there must be, I guess, because I'm getting the weird "spill-over anger responses" that normally come for people defending Kingdom Death or something. Anyway, sorry. I'm sure this Zak guy is terrible. Screw you, Zak.

Edit: lol -

quote:

how big was your kingdom death pledge

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I have no idea who any of these people are.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

jmzero posted:

Well.. to be clear, I'm not very invested at all.

For someone who claims to not be very invested you sure are spending a lot of time commenting on something you say you don't really understand.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Aaaanyway, instead of another Zakattack derail, in "lighter" Kickstarter news:

Robotech Tactics Kickstarter has made C-list industry news!

It looks like only some minor factual errors—I don't think Carmen, the guy who tried to commit suicide, was actually a designer on anything except his board game? And, of course, it's a brief nothing of an article, so it doesn't actually provide much information itself, which is kind of giving a pass to just how dumb and horrible the whole thing is.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

Zakman is an individual known for googling his name and harassing people who speak poorly of him. He's also banned from rpgnet, as is any discussion of him.

If you are still unsure who this person is, a careful reading of the posts on the page above yours may offer insight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Guy Goodbody posted:

They're talking about Zak Smith/Zak Sabbath. He develops singleminded, years-long hatreds over mild disagreements or any perceived slight against himself. He stalks and harasses people irl over tabletop rpg drama like a one-man gamergate to the point where at least one of his targets felt the need to move to the other side of the planet to get away from him. He probably still lurks this forum, too, so there's not much reason to have a sideways discussion of him.