Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

GoutPatrol posted:

In Taiwan every movie theater has assigned seating, and the theaters legally cannot stop you from bringing in outside food. I think this is the 3rd time I've posted about I'm always sitting next to some fuckers eating McDonalds.

bring in stinky tofu and durian in retaliation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Man this website is wild.

Haier what's the Thai fascination with gory photos?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

EasternBronze posted:

The same people and their families run japan to this very day.

30's/40's Japan was basically an extremely elaborate military junta, you are I suppose telling us Japan is currently run by the army? Or just making vague farts out of your mouth?

Pirate Radar posted:

When I was working in Bangkok, one of the normally very upbeat secretaries at the school was talking about Burmese laborers working in Thailand, how there are lots of them in industries like construction and fishing, and how they often get treated poorly, paid less, beaten by their employers, etc and capped it off with a 100% sincere “and they deserve it, because they burned Ayutthaya!

I know it’s going to come across differently for different cultures, but the siege of Ayutthaya happened in 1767, making that grudge older than my entire country

Welcome to the Old World! :dance:

Grape fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 6, 2018

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Grape posted:

30's/40's Japan was basically an extremely elaborate military junta, you are I suppose telling us Japan is currently run by the army? Or just making vague farts out of your mouth?

After 1945 the US realized they needed to economically rescue Japan before it got eaten up by the Soviets. A lot of the imperial elite were just quietly shuffled to run the new industries that were the driving force behind the economic miracle and incidentally also made up a lot of the higher echelons of the LDP. US saw it better to look the other way cuz a proper denazification campaign would've probably just given the Communists just enough credibility to grasp power and the Cold War was already in full swing, so...

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
CG just told me that she saw a notice that Shenzhen is hiring 4000 more police officers RIGHT NOW and they want to fill it up fast. I wonder if this has anything to do with Xi's forever-presidency? 4000 more people on the take, able to bully whoever they want.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I have no clue, I try to keep a healthy distance from getting involved with caring or paying attention to strangeness of Thai culture and politics. I wish I had been that way about China, but,.. welp. I would guess it has something to do with the prevalence of karma being part of every day thought.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Should I just make a Farang Death thread?

quote:

A 28-year-old British man from Leeds died in mysterious circumstances on Tuesday night and as part of the Police investigation, they initially detained 4 ladyboys who are thought to have been somehow involved in the case.

Mr. Naami Keyghobadi either fell or was pushed from a 4th floor window at the Dolphin House Apartments in Soi Lengki 1 off Pattaya Third Road and was pronounced dead-at-the-scene. His body was found in a side-alley next to a Real Estate Office located at the base of the apartment complex.

Police spoke with a ladyboy who occupies the room on the 4th floor where the British man is thought to have jumped from. Khun Pochara aged 33 was questioned and it was noted by Police that he was sweating profusely.

During the initial investigation Police are unsure of the chain-of-events leading up to the fatality as each of the detained ladyboys gave Police different versions of what happened.

Khun Pochara claimed he was inside his room and heard arguing coming from a 3rd floor room occupied by a ladyboy friend of Khun Pochara. He went to investigate and saw the British man climb the stairs to the 4th floor, followed behind by two other ladyboys who are not thought to reside at the apartment complex. They were reportedly arguing over money the victim owed the ladyboys for “services” they provided him inside the room.

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Should I just make a Farang Death thread?

quote:

Police spoke with a ladyboy who occupies the room on the 4th floor where the British man is thought to have jumped from. Khun Pochara aged 33 was questioned and it was noted by Police that he was sweating profusely.
Holy loving triggered

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Bajaj posted:

Holy loving triggered

English reporting on khathoeys in Thailand is notorious for bouncing back and forth between pronouns. It's like a sport here.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Bajaj posted:

CG just told me that she saw a notice that Shenzhen is hiring 4000 more police officers RIGHT NOW and they want to fill it up fast. I wonder if this has anything to do with Xi's forever-presidency? 4000 more people on the take, able to bully whoever they want.

Probably standard China, they've needed to hire them for a year but nobody bothered to do anything and they noticed the deadline is next week.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

More homicides than heart attacks? That's a first.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Ziv Zulander posted:

They're counting his money?

Lol imagine being such a stupid poo poo to pull the tail of an elephant. At best it drops a giant turd on you, but 95% of the cases it kills you.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

WarpedNaba posted:

More homicides than heart attacks? That's a first.

Sometimes the Thai cops find a headless body floating in a canal or dumped in a rice paddy and as far as I can tell they just kind of shrug and go “eh, Russians”

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Yeah whats with all the Russians in thailand?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

What's the difference between Accident and Misadventure?

And between Suffocating/Suffocation?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Thailand is warm and cheap.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

webmeister posted:

What's the difference between Accident and Misadventure?

Accident is falling out of your hotel window, misadventure is being pushed out by the four ladyboys you brought.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Yeah whats with all the Russians in thailand?

Some of them are just there because it’s a popular tropical destination and parts of Thailand have lots of Russian-focused tourism outlets, hotels, restaurants etc, so it’s an easy place for them to travel; some of them are there because of drugs, money laundering, fraud, prostitution, etc; Russian crime groups have a strong footprint in the Thai underworld.

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!

Grape posted:

A military junta with the backing of the zaibatsu. Most of the household name japanese companies that made vast fortunes with forced servitude and colonial plunder are still around. Theres also the royal family who all had prominent positions at the time.

Did you not even bother to click my link? Himmlers grandson is Chancellor of Germany now.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
That's a rather progressive attitude from Japan. What's twisting the data?

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Waifus have feelings too.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Grand Fromage posted:

Accident is falling out of your hotel window, misadventure is being pushed out by the four ladyboys you brought.

I see it as walking down the street and having a piano land on you versus jumping up and down on a bridge to see how stable it is.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Atlas Hugged posted:

It's also worth mentioning that Koreans seem to have the second highest rate of drowning, but that's because they always seem to drown in pairs. Usually because one person threw themselves into the water and the other went in after and they both died.

Wait I didn't know Swimfan was a Korean film.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

quote:

Greetings!

How's going recently?

Today is Tuesday,hope you have a good mood at everyday for this week.Is there shipment from China in recently?Now I'd like to update our newly good freight for you as below.
If you think our rates are competitive,pls add our to your enquiry list,kindly trust us and we don't let you down.

Just the latest email from a chinese freight forwarder to us, the Chinese state owned container line.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

EasternBronze posted:

Obviously now in 2018 the original people are mostly dead, but for some reason German war criminals were still being arrested and prosecuted in this decade. I feel though that alot of people just do not understand how intrinsically bad these people were in the same visceral way that Nazi brings up images of unrelenting evil, so let me translate that over a bit.

Like imagine for instance if Heinrich Himmler was later elected to be the leader of Germany, his political party going on to dominate German politics for decades to come up to the present day. Later when his grandson Gunter Himmler fills the same position, he pays his respects at the Nazi war heroes memorial specifically honoring Adolf Hitler and makes one of the hallmarks of his administration downplaying and whitewashing Nazi atrocities.

Meanwhile, the the SS Veterans clubs meets in Berlin. The organizer states proudly that their work was entirely justified.

Many of the criminals in Germany at least had to live their lives in fear for decades. In Japan, those same people are enthusiastically accepted in Japanese society and there is no public repudiation of their crimes. Just a Shikata Ga Nai war that happened in the Pacific for some reason than Amerikkka cruelly nuked them and here we are. The victim complex is palpable.

So while I see that China happily abuses its past history to distract people from more pressing, domestic problems, I do not really see how anyone can claim that the general feeling in Japan is one of contrition or admission of wrong-doing.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Just the latest email from a chinese freight forwarder to us, the Chinese state owned container line.

I’m going to start signing off all my work emails like that.

“Hope you have a good mood at everyday this week.

Sincerely,
K. Lecher”

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
Chances are low but: anyone here who knows more about running digital ads in China or knows where to get some solid information about it?

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
why are old chinese people so frail that they end up mysteriously drowned in hotel pools? in their 70s my grandparents were avid swimmers, hard to imagine them slipping in a pool and drowning.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Tell me about it, my 60 year old mom is stronger than my SO's dad (vietnamese, same age), she had to take over when she couldn't watch him struggling to move a chair anymore when we moved into our house and just lifted it on her own and moved it inside. My SO's mom is even worse, like super weak and clumsy to boot, sometimes it's a struggle for her to get her seat belt on when giving her a lift.

EDIT: God tell me about why I can't spell anymore.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 6, 2018

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Media Bloodbath posted:

Chances are low but: anyone here who knows more about running digital ads in China or knows where to get some solid information about it?

Just buy a boombox, put it out on the street, put one lovely song on eternal repeat and turn up the volume until your ears bleed.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Fututor Magnus posted:

why are old chinese people so frail that they end up mysteriously drowned in hotel pools? in their 70s my grandparents were avid swimmers, hard to imagine them slipping in a pool and drowning.

Hmmm, well, I think the main difference here might be that your grandparents could swim. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Chinese teen jokingly offers free sex to anyone who comes to her hotel room. Results are predictable.

http://www.worldofbuzz.com/19yo-girl-arrested-offering-free-sex-3000-people-raced-hotel/

Welcome to the internet.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Collateral Damage posted:

Chinese teen jokingly offers free sex to anyone who comes to her hotel room. Results are predictable.

http://www.worldofbuzz.com/19yo-girl-arrested-offering-free-sex-3000-people-raced-hotel/

Welcome to the internet.

Story by Pui Fun :laffo:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Welcome to the internet.

holy lol that dudes giggle

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Welcome to the internet.

I really love the "can we bother you with notifications" popup on this site.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Hmmm, well, I think the main difference here might be that your grandparents could swim. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

i think it's probably that old chinese people get all their qi sapped out by contact with cold water, so they end up too weak to escape the briny depths of motel swimming pools.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

His Divine Shadow posted:

Tell me about it, my 60 year old mom is stronger than my SO's dad (vietnamese, same age), she had to take over when she couldn't watch him struggling to move a chair anymore when we moved into our house and just lifted it on her own and moved it inside. My SO's mom is even worse, like super weak and clumsy to boot, sometimes it's a struggle for her to get her seat belt on when giving her a lift.

EDIT: God tell me about why I can't spell anymore.

at that age i guess chinese bank on kids taking care of them, including wiping their rear end.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Stanky Bean posted:

I really love the "can we bother you with notifications" popup on this site.

i think the real star of this image is KENOT and YASSSS

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Coolguye posted:

i think the real star of this image is KENOT and YASSSS
Thats what I was talking about Onz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

EasternBronze posted:

Did you not even bother to click my link? Himmlers grandson is Chancellor of Germany now.

Last time I looked the Chancellor of Germany was a woman, dude.

• Locked thread