Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mustang posted:

I have a 970 ive been using since 2015 I think, wanted to upgrade and wait for the prices to drop but the prices have been skyrocketing instead of going down over time

im running a 980ti but im sticking with 1080p for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im running a 980ti but im sticking with 1080p for a while

Same, I'm due to upgrade my processor and motherboard (still running a 2500k), but I'm gonna roll with my 980 for another year or two.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Deathy McDeath posted:

I bought a barely-used 1080 right after they came out for like $500 on Craigslist. Now I see that they're going for like $1,000! That's absolutely insane. Crypto is bad on so many levels.

If a 1080 is a grand, it means prices are coming down. They were 1600+ in January when I was planning for my tax refund.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

boop the snoot posted:

started playing f1 2017.

monaco grand prix is the dark souls of racing sims.

lol that’s Dirt Rally

But when you perfectly execute that slide through the corner :feelsgood:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ded posted:

Stasis rifle + knife the best tools in the game. :yooge:

I added a few reinforcements. Costs 6 titanium + 2 lithium iirc, for +7. I used zero foundations. You don't need them.

edit : oh and I put my stasis rifle, a mk3 seamoth depth mod, and a beacon in my time capsule. If someone gets that early game they should be happy as poo poo.

I just read up on time capsules, and that is a cool as gently caress feature that I've never seen in any other game.
Then I remembered stumbling across one of those things quite a while ago, but I don't recall what was in it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't game-changing at all. I probably would have taken note if I'd known the background of the mechanic.

Capn Beeb posted:

I found this a week or so ago when a pal was asking me why the gently caress video cards are so expensive now, as he'd been largely out of the loop:

:psyboom:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/26/bitcoin-mining-quebec-the-big-picture/

Good god, I had no idea Canada was running poo poo on this scale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGo1bS2LVLY

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The only real downside of the time capsules is they have to be voted on. Even still I've read about people who have found them with poop + gas pods :lol:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The funny thing is it's not the big mining warehouses driving up the price of GPUs, they use expensive specialty ASICs that are both extremely efficient power wise and absolutely worthless for anything but buttcoin mining, in order to maximize their profit. The reason card prices are spiking is because of the retards who buy a pile of GPUs and build an old style buttcoin rig with 6 GPUs. The GPUs pull way more power for less work, but since they don't cost tens of thousands of dollars, idiots can buy them to burn up for funny money.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
And who gives a poo poo you babies. Just smoke crack till the next nvidia series drops.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
When bitcoin skyrocketed in price mining them with GPUs became profitable again.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Vasudus posted:

When bitcoin skyrocketed in price mining them with GPUs became profitable again.

So does that mean GPUs become cheap again if/when the price crashes, and people sell off all their gear?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

havent heard a peep posted:

And who gives a poo poo you babies. Just smoke crack till the next nvidia series drops.

What is this post supposed to mean.

Who the gently caress are you anyway.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
please present your goon credentials :itjb:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

How many bitcoins do you have friendo?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Dude McAwesome posted:

So does that mean GPUs become cheap again if/when the price crashes, and people sell off all their gear?

lol there’s gonna be new block chains or w/e being pumped out until the end of our time

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol there’s gonna be new block chains or w/e being pumped out until the end of our time

Sweet.

Looking forward to spending $8k on my next entry level gaming PC.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Man I’m sure there will be a saturation point? I mean only so much of our electricity is “green” so we’ll hit that point where it’s not lucrative as they drive up electrical costs 🙄

who loving knows tho. Let’s hope people realize the Ponzi scheme is dumb (lol no)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Bitcoins will go away via legislation otherwise it will be the new gold bugs.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Man I’m sure there will be a saturation point? I mean only so much of our electricity is “green” so we’ll hit that point where it’s not lucrative as they drive up electrical costs 🙄

who loving knows tho. Let’s hope people realize the Ponzi scheme is dumb (lol no)

I thought that had already happened.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just read up on time capsules, and that is a cool as gently caress feature that I've never seen in any other game.
Then I remembered stumbling across one of those things quite a while ago, but I don't recall what was in it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't game-changing at all. I probably would have taken note if I'd known the background of the mechanic.

I got one that was a diamond, and a fish with a note "Take care of this little guy for me dude"

And I thought it was an actual thing in the game and not a joke from another player

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Godholio posted:

I thought that had already happened.

Idk something happened a few months ago and welp here we are

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

Bitcoins will go away via legislation otherwise it will be the new gold bugs.

Gold bugs didnt make my new computer cost 3000 dollars in order to get ahead of the hardware i already have in my pc.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Played Battlefield 1 tonight for the first time in like a year. It's still pretty fun.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

I got one that was a diamond, and a fish with a note "Take care of this little guy for me dude"

And I thought it was an actual thing in the game and not a joke from another player

I got a capsule with a bunch of fish in it and a story about how they all had names and I cooked and ate those fuckers because what else would you do

Anyway I later got the plans for the aquarium

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

orange juche posted:

Gold bugs didnt make my new computer cost 3000 dollars in order to get ahead of the hardware i already have in my pc.

I remember when processors used to be made out of gold.

A friend melted one down and made a ring out of it.

But gold bugs do make the price of gold higher than it should be, making it too expensive for some uses in industry and science.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Altered Carbon abuela owns

Edit wrong Thread oh well

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Mar 6, 2018

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Who the gently caress are you?

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Who the gently caress are you?

someone who is racking stacks and waiting on the next nvidia series to drop.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

someone who is racking stacks and waiting on the next nvidia series to drop.

How many war crimes have you committed friend? I think that’s what these gentlemen are asking. If the answer is greater than zero, welcome!

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Dude McAwesome posted:

How many war crimes have you committed friend? I think that’s what these gentlemen are asking. If the answer is greater than zero, welcome!

I thought the newest GIP rules stated it was a two war crime minimum to post in the games thread. One will get you in the door but you've got to wait until you get a chance to do it again to hang with the cool kids.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

None. I read enough to know better.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I thought the newest GIP rules stated it was a two war crime minimum to post in the games thread. One will get you in the door but you've got to wait until you get a chance to do it again to hang with the cool kids.

I thought it was war crime, divorced multiple times, tried to kill yourself via alcoholism, married an off base sex worker.

And you had to be at least 2 out of 4.

But I’m not up with the latest, I only read the games thread and stopped keeping up with the chat threads.

None. I read enough to know better.

A smarter man than the rest of us.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Kingdom come deliverance still a mostly good game and better than anything bethesda has put out.

You can get so drunk that your vision blurs, your head tilts up to 90 degrees, and you may black out and end up in another town.

Playing dice while drunk is stupidly hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81LYhV9p6nk

probably NSFW

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 6, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dude McAwesome posted:

I thought it was war crime, divorced multiple times, tried to kill yourself via alcoholism, married an off base sex worker.

don't forget yellow fever

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dude McAwesome posted:

How serious does this war crime need to be to count? Asking for a friend

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

Kingdom come deliverance still a mostly good game and better than anything bethesda has put out.

You can get so drunk that your vision blurs, your head tilts up to 90 degrees, and you may black out and end up in another town.

Playing dice while drunk is stupidly hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81LYhV9p6nk

probably NSFW

Feels a bit slow to start and I'm not overly sold on needing an expensive consumable to save my game. Otherwise great.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Slim Pickens posted:

How serious does this war crime need to be to count? Asking for a friend

i once had to poo poo in a bucket inside a tin can

thats my war crime

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
What if you're only a party to war crimes? Is that enough?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
The biggest war criminals are those junior USAF dudes that wear cords on their fatigues for some dumb reason

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

If you battalion commander and scout platoon leadership didn’t get relieved overnight with no warning, you didn’t war crime hard enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
My company commander did, so that must count for something