Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

CMD598 posted:

Feels a bit slow to start and I'm not overly sold on needing an expensive consumable to save my game. Otherwise great.

That has been the weirdest complaint I've seen other people use since I've never needed it and your game auto saves like crazy.

And it isn't that expensive in the game. Learn to read and make them or learn how to make money. I suggest poaching a single deer to pay for like 20 quick saves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Is learning to read an ingame skill?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My battalion commander was relieved for having a $3000 gambling debt owed to the ops SGM

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

My only war crime was not getting a pic of the kid in Mosul with the two thumbs on one hand.

Seriously, it split at the furthest joint and became two thumbs.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

The Rat posted:

My only war crime was not getting a pic of the kid in Mosul with the two thumbs on one hand.

Seriously, it split at the furthest joint and became two thumbs.

Kid could’ve been the next Ghazni Midget.

In other news, Subnautica is starting to feel a little like underwater Minecraft with a dope exploration mode. I didn’t think that would appeal to me, but it turns out reeeeeeeee

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

That has been the weirdest complaint I've seen other people use since I've never needed it and your game auto saves like crazy.

And it isn't that expensive in the game. Learn to read and make them or learn how to make money. I suggest poaching a single deer to pay for like 20 quick saves.

Mind you I've only played enough to get to rattay, buy/fix some poo poo, get another training tutorial, and and get drunk.

I'm just glad I found that loot chest randomly on the trip back to hometown otherwise I'd be like penniless.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So Elite Dangerous dropped it's 3.0 patch last week and I'm finally sitting down with it. Engineering changes are good and the other QoL changes added are quite nice.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I still haven't gotten that game. I keep wanting to but then I decide I'm not going to get a joystick that takes up room and has no other function.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Vasudus posted:

I still haven't gotten that game. I keep wanting to but then I decide I'm not going to get a joystick that takes up room and has no other function.

While a joystick is nice for ~*~immersion~*~, I've been using a 360 controller for almost a year and have come to prefer it.

e: While I don't have it (yet) I will say that E:D is VR's killer app.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Long ago I lost my X52 flight stick and throttle, and been thinking of replacing it for Elite. I've only played elite for like 30 minutes total though. But Elite VR looks insane.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Got a weird bug in Subnautica.

Stood in my Cyclops and read through the newest cyclopedia entries after returning from my first expedition to 800m from the lost river entrance, where I found yet another alien facility, assuming this is the quarantine facility that was talked about in the data entry from the island base.

Hadn't saved in about the hour that took me, and suddenly, I fall through my cyclops, all the way to the ocean floor...and take falling damage. As I recover with maybe 25% health, I realize I'm actually walking, not swimming. First, I chuckle, then I realize there's no way for me to get back into my cyclops, or the seamoth, suspended in the water about 10m above me. Base doesn't have an accessible hatch either.

So I figure I'm hosed and the last hour was for naught, and decide to see if I can kill myself in the acid puddles. As I walk in, I hear the splash noise from entering water, so I run back out, and try to dive in. Sure enough, the diving into water mechanic gets me transitioned into water "mode" again, and I'm saved...with 5% health.

Master debugger reporting in :cool:

Also, holy gently caress, the lost river extends below the entire loving map, doesn't it? :stare:

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
I don’t want to try Elite VR in the same way I don’t want to try heroin.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

mods change my name posted:

Is learning to read an ingame skill?

Yes. You can not read anything until you pay someone to teach you and even then some words might be hosed up.

CMD598 posted:

Mind you I've only played enough to get to rattay, buy/fix some poo poo, get another training tutorial, and and get drunk.

I'm just glad I found that loot chest randomly on the trip back to hometown otherwise I'd be like penniless.

If you have done the hunting quest, go west of town, across the river, and poach rabbits or a single deer. Do not wear armor, you can't handle the weight of a single deer and any armor. Cook the meat so it is no longer poached and sell it to everyone in town.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Third World Reggin posted:

Yes. You can not read anything until you pay someone to teach you and even then some words might be hosed up.

If you have done the hunting quest, go west of town, across the river, and poach rabbits or a single deer. Do not wear armor, you can't handle the weight of a single deer and any armor. Cook the meat so it is no longer poached and sell it to everyone in town.

So like a sign will look like some mr saturn poo poo until you level up? Lol, owns.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm ready to drop the cash on VR but I'm wating for the new VIVE model to come out

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So like a sign will look like some mr saturn poo poo until you level up? Lol, owns.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'm ready to drop the cash on VR but I'm wating for the new VIVE model to come out

In 2 years EBB gonna be fat as gently caress playing Factorio in VR stoned as gently caress. Feels like the future we were promised is almost here!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i don't think it works that way

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

In 2 years EBB gonna be fat as gently caress playing Factorio in VR stoned as gently caress. Feels like the future we were promised is almost here!

Same

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

i don't think it works that way

Yet

I’ve played it in VR on big screen mode. If it wasn’t for the test rendering issues it would be amazing

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

While a joystick is nice for ~*~immersion~*~, I've been using a 360 controller for almost a year and have come to prefer it.

New ships any good?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Reverence posted:

New ships any good?

I've enjoyed the Type 10 and the Pelican not from this distance your honor Chieftain bigly.

They've also buffed the Type 7 and Type 9 freighters.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Based on playing Eve: Valkyrie on PS4 I have zero doubt that this is correct. E:V is just a throwaway multiplayer game with a handful of maps. But playing it in VR is amazing...E:D will probably end up being the reason I buy VR on the loving computer too.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

iKon posted:

I don’t want to try Elite VR in the same way I don’t want to try heroin.

Yeah this.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
How would i gently caress off and read the forums during my hours of traveling in a straight line while wearing a VR helmet???

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The last time I tried Elite while wearing my Vive the text seemed really hard to read

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
When's that new Far Cry coming out? end of this month? I wanna shoot some whisky tangos

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

kill whitey

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I pre-ordered for the color changing mug

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

When's that new Far Cry coming out? end of this month? I wanna shoot some whisky tangos

27th, this month. There was also news of the map editor today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSs91a7ur54

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Man I i had forgotten how crazy metal gear rising gets

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
hosed up that it has unskippable ending credits and numetal poo poo aka "up the bum no baby's ultra mix 2018 summer jams now that's what I call metal vol 3" Playlist

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Capn Beeb posted:

27th, this month. There was also news of the map editor today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSs91a7ur54

drat that's pretty cool

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

drat that's pretty cool

Kind of glad they held it back for a month now.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

M_Gargantua posted:

Long ago I lost my X52 flight stick and throttle, and been thinking of replacing it for Elite. I've only played elite for like 30 minutes total though. But Elite VR looks insane.

I have an x55 I don’t use any more, and I’ll sell it to you for $notmuch

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Syrian Lannister posted:

Kind of glad they held it back for a month now.

Yea these days I'm pretty happy when a big game delays a bit to actually finish their product, it's been so loving rare the last few years.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I would buy FC5 just for the built in mod tools so I can make some sweet stuff if it wasn't for the inevitable BS of it fighting with steam and UPlay and whatever weird DRM they have on it.

I'll eventually get it on xbone so I can avoid all that.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Man, Subnautica is still a fun loving game 44 hours in.

I really regret not expanding into base-building more. After having a basic setup near the jelly-shroom forest, I kinda rushed to the Cyclops, and turned it into a mobile base. You can build pretty much everything save for power generation on the thing. Mass storage, renewable sustenance, modification stations, fabricators, battery / power cell chargers, the whole nine yards.

Set up my deepest base in the lost river entrance, scanner room, nuclear reactor, moon pool and all, but I never really needed it. Used it for recharging twice, then I got the thermal upgrade from the cyclops after stumbling upon the lava cave, and that was basically it.

Also killed a sea dragon in the funniest accidental way I could have imagined. Best rodeo ever.

So yeah, it looks like whatever the story end is should be right around the corner, and outside of being bummed I never built a huge base with aquariums, alien containment, and whatnot, a fun loving game, and excellent use of 20 bucks.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Xcom 2 on steam sale for $20.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Godholio posted:

Xcom 2 on steam sale for $20.

Base game only.

To get the cool stuff you still gota spend around 50-60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Well, war of the chosen was 40% off. All the rest of the dlc looked like cosmetic stuff??