Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I think you just join a game. Hit F1 and check pets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Larrymer posted:

I think you just join a game. Hit F1 and check pets.

that's all i had to do.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

It's ok I like my murder bear.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I jumped into the game and got an achievement popup and it was in the pets menu

but then I remembered I have that sweet flaming skull so I equipped that instead

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
One of the main D3 youtuber people did a pretty good video on the complete shitshow that was the D3 design process. IIRC it was so bad that we basically got several games out of people wanting some kind of satisfying sequel to the D2 experience. POE was probably the shining star of arpgs that came out of the dissatisfaction with D2 and included some of the original blizz employees.

Look at these smug fucks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6PEVEP01Ww

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 6, 2018

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My favorite part was Jay Wilson telling the guy who made Diablo to gently caress off before getting reoriented to the bottom of the Blizzard totem pole

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Oh wow Jay Wilson got straight up run out of the games industry. I mean it makes sense, he basically hamstrung the Diablo IP, but drat that's savage.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

He was also a smug and unrepentant shithead about nuking one of the most successful IPs in history sooo kinda deserved it

Seriously, enrage timers. Packs took minutes to kill and if you took too long you just died. Hmbol

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!
The thing I remember hating about Jay Wilson was he was supposedly responsible for most of the Monk's features. During classic, Monk was by far my least favorite class. The only reason I like it now is because of ranged Wave of Light.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you need a different reason besides Real Money Auction House to recognize that Jay Wilson is one of Game design’s greatest enemies than we aren’t speaking the same language.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I wish I could've been a fly on the wall for the meeting between blizz's lawyers and the execs where they fully explained the legal liability blizz was holding by maintaining a massive money laundering exchange on their servers.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can't blame them for trying. rMt is real and not going away.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

euphronius posted:

It's more that they tried it in the worst possible way imaginable. There's a bunch of things financial institutions are supposed to do if they are capable of being used for shady purposes and blizz did literally none of them with the RMAH. They apparently designed the entire thing without even consulting any lawyers about the myriad potential levels of liability RMAH created for them.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I finally got an elusive ring and my Impale build is complete. Now all that is left is fine tuning. I also cranked up the difficulty to torment 11 because otherwise vengeance doesn't sustain itself via the multi-hit hatred return because mobs die too fast. I keep dying now and again due to random.projectiles I don't see that one shot me but other than that I am fine. I just wrecked faces in GR71 as well but I can feel it getting harder.

What I don't understand is the set dungeon for shadow mantle. I can get the stupid stuns in but I can't keep up the imaple chain. How is that supposed to work?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hopper posted:

What I don't understand is the set dungeon for shadow mantle. I can get the stupid stuns in but I can't keep up the imaple chain. How is that supposed to work?

Shadow's Mantle dungeon requires you to play a very different build than your actual Shadow's Mantle build!

You have to use literally any quiver OTHER than holy point shot, and Impale should be Grievous Wounds.

This should be helpful too:

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-shadow-set-dungeon-guide

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Don't equip HPS and use the physical damage rune for impale. Don't use vengeance until after your chain hits are done.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
good times doing the 1-70 grind last night

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
bonus round i am sorry if you do not like these

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

That’s strange, Shadow is one of the fastest speed builds a DH has. Nat/Mara is much slower with all the setup.

Oh yeah you're absolutely right, and when I swapped over I immediately noticed how much slower I was going. But it was a lot easier, physically, on my hands and forearms.

I could probably grind up gems to max out my Shadow Impale build's speed but I'm enjoying how much more leisurely the natmara engie build lets me take things.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

No battle cruiser pet for console

Uninstalling

Oh poo poo, I was WRONG, per the blizzard forums community manager.

"Don't worry, all! It will be coming to console. :) We're awaiting a patch (2.6.1a) that, for technical reasons, has been delayed for consoles. As soon as that patch is in, console players will also receive the Dominion's Revenge."

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Man a battle cruiser pet is cool but if we are mining StarCraft for pets I can think of one unit I'd love to have as a pet decked out in a sexy outfit and subject to my whims: Raynor.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

v good

chargy bois nearly got the best of us

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You just have to get a sub to follow you around wearing this:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Did you make this? I extremely love it. It's describing my life with unerring accuracy

e: im even still playing crusader

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 7, 2018

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

100% true representation of my HC career

Lost my Journey leapquake barb yesterday due to chat box fat fingering, only 2 pieces not Ancient, Ancient weapons, Ancient Focus/Unity, rank 200ish GR80+

So it goes, I roll up WW tonight. Someone give me gems I forgot and kept them all in my inventory

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

thechalkoutline posted:

100% true representation of my HC career

Lost my Journey leapquake barb yesterday due to chat box fat fingering, only 2 pieces not Ancient, Ancient weapons, Ancient Focus/Unity, rank 200ish GR80+

So it goes, I roll up WW tonight. Someone give me gems I forgot and kept them all in my inventory

Witnessed!

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

euphronius posted:

Yeah, if you were going to do an AH, you may as well have a real money conversion, because it's not like people wouldn't have figured out ways to exchange D3 gold for real money anyway, and the whole point of the ingame AH was to cut out the third parties like d2jsp.

The real mistake was that Diablo 3 had a beta that lasted more than a year and at no point did they (a) think deeply about how the existence of the AH might negatively affect their endgame content loop, or (b) change the beta offering such that people could actually test Inferno A1 and tell them how much it sucked rear end.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

thechalkoutline posted:

chat box fat fingering

I frequently find myself panicking when my cursor accidentally goes over the stupid Paragon + button while I'm zipping around and the screen is suddenly OOPS, ALL STAT BERRIES.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Does anyone a good resource for what to save or cube? My stash is getting really full because I'm hoarding but hoarding is beneficial in HC, and I've already made use of a lot of it.

My problem is just not knowing what to throw away because the last time I played the cube didn't even exist. Does someone have a resource like this? (I'm a barb if it helps, can be barb specific but I'd like to try DH)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

thechalkoutline posted:

Does anyone a good resource for what to save or cube? My stash is getting really full because I'm hoarding but hoarding is beneficial in HC, and I've already made use of a lot of it.

My problem is just not knowing what to throw away because the last time I played the cube didn't even exist. Does someone have a resource like this? (I'm a barb if it helps, can be barb specific but I'd like to try DH)

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/legendary-item-salvage-guide

That is a list of every item in the game that is equipped or cubed in any build or build variant. If it't not on the list, it's never used.

You can also look at the top 5 or whatever Barbarian Builds and see what the recommended Cube powers are for all of them + their variations, and cube anything you've got.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

thechalkoutline posted:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I put this in the OP and also I’m gonna make a big banner of it and drape it over my house

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That is a list of every item in the game that is equipped or cubed in any build or build variant. If it't not on the list, it's never used.

You can also look at the top 5 or whatever Barbarian Builds and see what the recommended Cube powers are for all of them + their variations, and cube anything you've got.

Thanks!!! This is perfect~

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
:woop:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

:hfive: Feels good, doesn't it?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Oof, haven't played since a decent while before the necromancer was released and there's a lot of new stuff in the game!

So far my favorite thing I've noticed is that crafting reagents no longer are physical items. My stash and inventory are much happier about this.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Went from 4 piece invoker in Master to finishing Chap 4 and skyrocketting through T10 in a few hours on my HC 'sader tonight. Missing the endless walk set and the shield but I should be able to tackle 11 as is and probably 12 if I'm a little careful.

traded Finery for the cheat death. More than a few pants making GBS threads close calls tonight. jfc

I've been playing this stupid 92 year old game since launch and I've never done HC until now. Thanks, GoGoGadgetChris, you rear end in a top hat.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah boiiii let's get it GR100!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Anyone got any tips?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/MrScumbag-6132/hero/98508841

Running a lazystorm/auramancer. The idea is to blitz through maps cursing as many mobs as possible and letting passives/legendary gem DOTs kill them. It the perfect build for me to watch terrible TV shows while farming.

It's very effective but I've hit a bit of a wall at GR65 (I'm going to attempt GR70 to unlock uber legendaries and feel like I can probably do it). I can finish the rifts fairly quickly, but I have to be kinda careful and alert. As it's a lazy storm build I wanna keep it breezy going into higher rifts.

Besides obviously trying for ancient versions of gear (I'm having abysmal luck with that) is there anything that stands out?

I'm thinking of swapping out BK ring for a RORG and swapping my chest for Aqula for extra defense, but I'm open to any suggestions.

I'll just point out that at lower GR levels I swap out final service for the extra essence passive.