Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Lots of Gundam robots do that. I couldn't figure out what a Re-GZ is for ages because it's written Reguzzy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well the zaku is analogous to the Zero identifier for the A6M-2.

What was the first Zeon suit designed for anti-mobile suit combat? Was it the Gouf or the Dom? Zaku 1s and 2s were initially designed as ship killers and then general purpose ground units.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well the zaku is analogous to the Zero identifier for the A6M-2.

What was the first Zeon suit designed for anti-mobile suit combat? Was it the Gouf or the Dom? Zaku 1s and 2s were initially designed as ship killers and then general purpose ground units.

The Dom's nipple laser thing was specifically for blinding enemy pilots. I think the Gouf was just supposed to be a better at ground stuff than the Zaku

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

brainwrinkle posted:

The Victory Gundam Haro is an absolute badass. It infiltrates Zanscare controlled space to find Shahkti, creates diversions to help Üso escape, sacrifices himself to stop Üso from being electrocuted, and keeps growing immensely large in the sequences between episode halves.

Victory Haro best Haro. Victory dog is also a good dog.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Victory Haro best Haro. Victory dog is also a good dog.

Victory baby sucks real bad though, there's one episode where Karlmann cries for about 20 minutes and that almost got me to quit watching.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Victory also has the worst childhood friend/love interest.

Give it up Shakti, Chronicle is too much of a dope to not drink the Zanscare koolaid, so stop getting people killed when you decide to jump ship multiple times.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I know people often say that Victory is bad, but I’ve sincerely enjoyed the first half. I like the ensemble cast way more than what ZZ was trying to do. The action is choreographed pretty well for UC Gundam. Everything feels a little desperate. Oh, and the Gundam is mass produced and Üso is constantly getting saved by his more experienced teammates.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Dom's nipple laser thing was specifically for blinding enemy pilots. I think the Gouf was just supposed to be a better at ground stuff than the Zaku

Yeah, fluff-wise that's one of the major reasons the Dom entered mass production over the Gouf. The Gouf was more or less a super-Zaku II, while the Dom was a completely innovative design that paired heavy Anti-MS weaponry on an extremely mobile platform.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the Dom kind of is the best terrestrial combat mobile suit of the OYW.

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Jim for GM reminds me of WWII plane codenames

I think the idea for it was the urban legend of how the Willys GP became the jeep in WWII. But that idea for the GM might just be the remembered assumption of some /m/ poster so who knows.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

brainwrinkle posted:

I know people often say that Victory is bad, but I’ve sincerely enjoyed the first half. I like the ensemble cast way more than what ZZ was trying to do. The action is choreographed pretty well for UC Gundam. Everything feels a little desperate. Oh, and the Gundam is mass produced and Üso is constantly getting saved by his more experienced teammates.

The first two thirds of victory were excellent, it just really falls apart later on for the most part.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Caphi posted:

Lots of Gundam robots do that. I couldn't figure out what a Re-GZ is for ages because it's written Reguzzy.

I’ve been saying Re-GZ as the Regis this whole time.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The Missing Link posted:

Re-jizz

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Missing Link posted:

That would explain its counterpart mecha the KT-Lee

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
To be fair Teetans is the correct pronunciation for either Greek or Latin and Japan usually goes with whatever one of those it is. eg: hard k kentaur instead of centaur and stuff like that.

I will never Jim but I do reguz.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Maybe Char just really wants to go to Wyoming.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

brainwrinkle posted:

The Victory Gundam Haro is an absolute badass. It infiltrates Zanscare controlled space to find Shahkti, creates diversions to help Üso escape, sacrifices himself to stop Üso from being electrocuted, and keeps growing immensely large in the sequences between episode halves.

I didn't mention this when talking about Victory but its 100% true. Victory Haro also dispenses drugs so he's basically the coolest MFer in Gundam.

I kept wondering when he'd stop expanding in the mid episode bits, but the answer is never and that was great.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Maybe Char just really wants to go to Wyoming.

Wyoming Zeon confirmed to be the next villains.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Wyoming Zeon confirmed to be the next villains.

Far Cry 6 is getting loving weird now.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Ha ha ha, just picked up a copy of the MSG novel and its so loving blase about the horrors of war its incredible.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Managed to pick up the old anime legends dvd sets for gundam wing for 50 bucks. Not a bad price for the show that was my gateway drug into mecha.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

EVGA Longoria posted:

Watching Zeta Gundam the first time, and the dub raised a question I'd never considered before: Do people pronounce the GM as the "Jim", or was that just a weird thing the dub does? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say Jim instead of Gee Emm.

Please, you got this totally wrong.

They pronounce it "Gym"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is canonically what Zakus are supposed to look like

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

Bad?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

What is Fraw's expression even supposed to be?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hellioning posted:

What is Fraw's expression even supposed to be?

Strikes me as a "I ordered an hour ago, where's my pizza" look on her face.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Midjack posted:

Strikes me as a "I ordered an hour ago, where's my pizza" look on her face.

And the Zaku is delivering! That explains everything.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also what is that zaku even doing

COMMANDER CHAR I AM CURRENTLY BEATING THE ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT OUT OF THIS AMUSEMENT PARK, OVER

that- that wasn't even remotely what i told you to do

WHAT WAS THAT I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SCREAMS OVER

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

chiasaur11 posted:

And the Zaku is delivering! That explains everything.

loving Amuro probably killed the other delivery pilots.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yinlock posted:

also what is that zaku even doing

COMMANDER CHAR I AM CURRENTLY BEATING THE ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT OUT OF THIS AMUSEMENT PARK, OVER

that- that wasn't even remotely what i told you to do

WHAT WAS THAT I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SCREAMS OVER

Char would absolutely order his Zakus to attack an amusement part.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

ImpAtom posted:

Stop this anti-Char propaganda this instant!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

zabi seems super into it though so i suspect this is his doing while char is just like "what the gently caress is this"

e: actually fraw's face also says "what the gently caress is this"

both sides of the one year war united in wondering what the gently caress this zaku is doing

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 11, 2018

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Honestly Degwin looks like he's going 'oooh, I really want his helmet' and trying to grab it without Char noticing.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

EVGA Longoria posted:

Stop this anti-Char propaganda this instant!

SIEG ZEON!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Airspace posted:

Honestly Degwin looks like he's going 'oooh, I really want his helmet' and trying to grab it without Char noticing.

"that little poo poo char always covering his face with a mask like it's loving halloween, i'll show him"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/arak2/status/972793124123688961

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The new Gundam X blu ray set is going to come with a prequel manga featuring this new MS, Cockatiel Gundam

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Does Gundam X stand for Gundam Xenogears now? Because that is totally a prototype of the Xenogears.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Does Gundam X stand for Gundam Xenogears now? Because that is totally a prototype of the Xenogears.

Looks like the Vertigo/Bertigo as a Gundam instead of a Qubeley. Sad it isn't the design they'd made for what's-her-face but got cut out due to the shortened run.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Ennil El? It really wouldn't make sense for her to get that design instead of Carris, or in general given the units she used. I liked the unit design she was supposed to get anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013