Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Bradham should not be allowed to leave unless there are absolutely no cap shenanigans available to keep him here. Even if you push guaranteed money into the future you keep him, he was a key contributor, not a role player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

Everybody is saying trade Foles for a draft pick if he's traded.....but, what if he was traded for a player instead? What would make sense?

To the Cardinals for D.J. Humphries.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Bradham should not be allowed to leave unless there are absolutely no cap shenanigans available to keep him here. Even if you push guaranteed money into the future you keep him, he was a key contributor, not a role player.

he was a key contributor in dropping all those passes. Woof.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

89 posted:

Everybody is saying trade Foles for a draft pick if he's traded.....but, what if he was traded for a player instead? What would make sense?

The only weaknesses, on paper, I can see for the Eagles are a WR2 (Agholor is the slot), outside LB (assuming Bradham leaves)....maybe a safety? (McLeod has been solid enough, though).

So, what does that leave?

WR2:
Jarvis Landry? (He thrives more in the slot)

OLB:
?

S:
Earl Thomas is being shopped...?

Punter :v:

gently caress, I still need a new avatar. Any suggestions?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

axeil posted:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

Maybe this:

caption: C'mon Tom!

ref: https://www.facebook.com/NFLFilms/videos/10156159406018615/

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 7, 2018

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Oh this is very good

edit: here's what I've got so far but my attempts to get it under 150kb have made it look like rear end.

Post compression I had to lose the eyebrow-less logo

edit: what do y'all think?

I also found this while perusing my avatar material folder which I thought everyone would have a good chuckle over.

axeil fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Mar 7, 2018

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/971465417620324352

I want to stay on Mr. Roseman's Wild Ride for forever. That's an insanely good deal. :rip: Vinny Curry though.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Eagles plan this year is to draft no one then.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

CyberPingu posted:

Eagles plan this year is to draft no one then.

There are worse plans to have when you are as stacked as that team is. They should go all in on a repeat and worry less about what happens in a few years.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

True.

Also holy poo poo there are a lot of pissed off Eagles fans about this.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

There are worse plans to have when you are as stacked as that team is. They should go all in on a repeat and worry less about what happens in a few years.

Yeah, it seems like a fairly reasonable plan. The team's main weaknesses are O-line depth (can solve through UDFAs and low picks), LB? (depends on if they can get Bradham back), TE depth and P ( :rip: Donnie Football)

I don't see anything wrong with drafting a bunch of o-linemen with the few picks they have and filling in everything else through trades.

CyberPingu posted:

True.

Also holy poo poo there are a lot of pissed off Eagles fans about this.

The gently caress? Why? Mad that Curry's definitely getting cut/traded now? Or did they think that Marcus Johnson was going to be the next Jerry Rice?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

axeil posted:

Yeah, it seems like a fairly reasonable plan. The team's main weaknesses are O-line depth (can solve through UDFAs and low picks), LB? (depends on if they can get Bradham back), TE depth and P ( :rip: Donnie Football)

I don't see anything wrong with drafting a bunch of o-linemen with the few picks they have and filling in everything else through trades.

The gently caress? Why? Mad that Curry's definitely getting cut/traded now? Or did they think that Marcus Johnson was going to be the next Jerry Rice?

They are mad because "Bennet is a jerk"

Translation "Bennett stood up for BLM protestors"

Edit. Also the whole Vegas Police thing soured a lot of people on him.

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 7, 2018

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

They are mad because "Bennet is a jerk"

Translation "Bennett stood up for BLM protestors"

:rolleyes:

Curious to see if this means they found a trade partner for Curry or he's just gone.

Bit sad to see him go, he was always pretty good in my book. Not as headline grabbing as Cox or Barnett or Graham but definitely solid.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

I'm not mad, but I am confused.

Graham and Barnett were slated to be the starters. Is Bennett replacing one of those guys in the starting lineup? If not, why are the Eagles going to pay a 32 year old back up DE 8-10 million a year over the next three years to play 25% of the defensive snaps?

I know he's good, but it just seems like a lot to spend at a position that is already well handled by current players when the Eagles do have some cap issues.

All that said, I believe in Howie.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Them passing downs, though..

Fletcher Cox, Michael Bennett, Brandon Graham, Derek Barnett

....:f5:

Can we just roll out 6 d-line formations so we can get Jernigan & Long out there at the same time, too?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Jim Schwartz re-imagined the Wide 9.

9 linemen and 2 safeties.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Eagles fans imagining playing Madden goalline defense on every down

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Washington successfully manages to not shoot themselves in the dick (again) and has made it clear they won't franchise Cousins.

I'm really struggling to be even remotely interested in Alex Smith.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Washington successfully manages to not shoot themselves in the dick (again) and has made it clear they won't franchise Cousins.

Alex Smith without Hill and Hunt is going to be interesting to watch considering the Skins offensive weapons.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
What a steal, almost certainly the end for Curry as well.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

NotWearingPants posted:

I'm not mad, but I am confused.

Graham and Barnett were slated to be the starters. Is Bennett replacing one of those guys in the starting lineup? If not, why are the Eagles going to pay a 32 year old back up DE 8-10 million a year over the next three years to play 25% of the defensive snaps?

I know he's good, but it just seems like a lot to spend at a position that is already well handled by current players when the Eagles do have some cap issues.

All that said, I believe in Howie.

I'm definitely with you in the confused boat.

Clearly this means that Graham is going to be traded.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Seems like a good move. I'm not second guessing Howie again any time soon. Let's punish some QBs.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Seahawks are eating majority of Bennett's salary.

Bennett is only costing the Eagles $1.65 million this season :lol:

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Surprised how cheap his contract for this year is.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/971471443488886785

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

El Patron posted:

What a steal, almost certainly the end for Curry as well.

I think Curry was gone anyway.

I'm worried this means the end for Graham.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

El Patron posted:

So a 1 year rental then?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

El Patron posted:

overthecap.com has been down but his cap numbers look a lot higher than that on spotrac. It seems that overthecap is generally more accurate/reliable than spotrac so I guess we'll have to wait for the site to come back up to be sure.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I don't actually think Graham will be traded.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/971475920870694912

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Rapoport saying Graham is going nowhere.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

El Patron posted:

Rapoport saying Graham is going nowhere.

So he's gone then.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Jim Schwartz re-imagined the Wide 9.

9 linemen and 2 safeties.

Seriously, I think the Eagles' philosophy on defensive personnel is like this:

- Need two good DT's to stop the run and provide some pass rush
- Need four good (starting-caliber at least) DE's so you can rotate pass rushers and move them inside on passing downs
- Need one good LB who can cover TE's, the other LB needs to be there to keep 'em honest but can pretty much just be a random dude
- Need 6-7 DB's because it's a passing league and you're in the nickel or dime on every play

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

rujasu posted:

Seriously, I think the Eagles' philosophy on defensive personnel is like this:

- Need two good DT's to stop the run and provide some pass rush
- Need four good (starting-caliber at least) DE's so you can rotate pass rushers and move them inside on passing downs
- Need one good LB who can cover TE's, the other LB needs to be there to keep 'em honest but can pretty much just be a random dude
- Need 6-7 DB's because it's a passing league and you're in the nickel or dime on every play

Line Depth is literally the reason we crushed soany teams last year.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

El Patron posted:

NotWearingPants posted:

overthecap.com has been down but his cap numbers look a lot higher than that on spotrac. It seems that overthecap is generally more accurate/reliable than spotrac so I guess we'll have to wait for the site to come back up to be sure.

Google had a cached copy of overthecap:

So, yeah, he costs $7.3, $8.7, and $10.2 million against the cap for the next three years.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The one good thing I'll say about Alex Smith is that Washington was smart to realize that franchising Kirk again would absolutely cripple them as an organization and Alex Smith is an average to pretty good QB who can work out for them for a few years while they try and get a more long term solution.

Obviously, things should've never gotten to this point though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CyberPingu posted:

Alex Smith without Hill and Hunt is going to be interesting to watch considering the Skins offensive weapons.

Yeah, it's hard to be enthused about this season.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

The one good thing I'll say about Alex Smith is that Washington was smart to realize that franchising Kirk again would absolutely cripple them as an organization and Alex Smith is an average to pretty good QB who can work out for them for a few years while they try and get a more long term solution.

Obviously, things should've never gotten to this point though.

They should have traded Trent Williams to the Eagles for Nick Foles.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
is Bennett even any good, still? seems like a weird move for Seattle unless they're just going into rebuild mode, and even then they didn't get much in return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

indigi posted:

is Bennett even any good, still? seems like a weird move for Seattle unless they're just going into rebuild mode, and even then they didn't get much in return

You don't watch much football do you ?

• Locked thread