Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Ended with Herc refusing to die and BBB his way to victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So since the NA trailer for America dropped, can I restate my frustration with them still not having put Saber Diarmuid in the game? Because I really want Saber Diarmuid.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Compendium 3 years ago: Wow, I can't wait for Saber Diarmuid

Compendium 2018: Wow I can't wait for the next banner to not be Saber Diarmuid

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Saber Diarmuid deserves to never come out for kicking my husband, Billy the Kid, in the gut like a dick.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Spoiler: Geronimo wins the Steel Ball Run.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You don’t need class advantage or instant death against a ghost, just take it slow and steady

Though since I could bring in one of my good good support Vlads for the Dante’s fight, that went much quicker

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Went with Medea/Hans/D'Eon for the first fight, with Medea Lily and Scathach in the backrow. It ended up being a bit close, but two stuns from the Mystic Code and Scathach were enough to close it out. D'Eon was there to make sure that the first wave of ghost wouldn't wear down Medea and Hans too much, thanks to Hans' NP and a March of the Saints CE they ended up sticking around almost until the end of the fight.

Second fight was Vlad getting rid of most of Dante's HP with two NP brave chains, thanks to a support Waver. Had to use my backrow to finish Dantes off after that, but I cleared both fights without command spells, so I still feel accomplished.

Also, I like how there was an in-story explanation for why you need to clear London before you can do these quests, that was pretty neat.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Really, the worst part is there's no saloon battlefields anywhere in E Pluribus. At least they'll make up for no bar brawls in about a half dozen story chapters, give or take.

E Pluribus is fond in my memory because it's the last time I felt anywhere close to obligation to use story supports exclusively during main story chapters. Once I hit Camelot, my criteria was always "Whatever wins me the fight".

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
SMH if you don't bring Best Boy Bedi to every single fight, and have him deal the finishing blow to all the KotRT.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
You make do with what you have when Astolfo and Sieg are your strongest units. I think I used Bedi all of once during the entirety of Camelot.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Sylphid posted:

E Pluribus is fond in my memory because it's the last time I felt anywhere close to obligation to use story supports exclusively during main story chapters. Once I hit Camelot, my criteria was always "Whatever wins me the fight".

Rejoice. In Babylonia you can do both.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Killed By Death posted:

I cannot beat this loving ghost. If the point of this event is to make me want Dantes then it's having the opposite effect, because he feels like a weight around my neck.
I just stuck him in the far back (just ahead of my backup Herc w/ Bond CE). I killed everyone with just Medea/Hans/Caster Liz on the frontline, with Hans' NP frantically healing people.. No grails, some 5* CEs where appropriate (Heaven's Feel on Medea, Prisma Cosmos on Hans), otherwise no funny business. It was close a few times (helps to overcharge Hans' NP for more healing) but I didn't lose anyone.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 7, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yeah it's really hard to lose if you have a level 60 hans and constantly use his np. The boss just does not do enough damage, especially if you play super safe and also use mash.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
5 tickets and a 10-roll on the White Day banner and I picked up 2 Yagyu CE, Karna CE, Dantes CE, 2 Rie-bait CE, and NP2 Astolfo, so I'm pretty happy. Wanted NP2 Proto Arthur but wasn't really expecting much, so getting most of the new CEs is cool. Hoping to get either the Arthur CE or the Yan Qing/Fuuma CE from the summoning tickets we get so I can choose the other one as my freebie and get pretty much everything I wanted.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Well, the Wyvern Origin in the Jeanne/Amakusa level is tearing my team apart, I can't burst it down fast enough, and Skiki doesnt do much of anything to it. I think that's my limit.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Ticketed Tristan and the CSI CE, did a ten roll and got Arthur, Li Shuwen, and NP2 Saberlot :toot:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I wish I knew that there was gonna be an assassin only match so I could had grinded my casters beforehand. :(

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 7, 2018

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
In a game where your ability to actually play the game itself is not limited by AP I can see the merit in not looking stuff up ahead so as to make it more fun, but I'd just rather not risk having pay SQ or apples to give myself enough tries to figure it out. Especially when I know that in the future the challenges will get even crazier/specific. Aren't there some in Nerofest that you can't retry as well?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Aren't there some in Nerofest that you can't retry as well?

I think if you had to attempt the one with a hundred enemies more than once you'd probably go mad, but that's not quite the same thing. There are quests where you can't use SQ to revive, though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
nice to see edmond oneshot my medea

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Edmond hitting really really hard isn't much a secret, to be fair.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
My Chemical Avenger was a cakewalk. The ghost fight was a pain in the rear end though.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/fatego_usa/status/971461938017382403?s=21

So between the 35 Quartz from America, 10 from the prerelease campaign, probably another 10 or 15 from this stream, looks like the Jalter fund for some people is gonna be stacked.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Well, I managed to beat the event. I spent ~7 apples grinding the caster exp mission and leveled Medea Lily from 1 to 80, and then did her interlude and leveled her skills a bunch. The resulting Hans/Medea/Medea Lily team very slowly ground down the ghost but never even came close to even one of them dying, so I'll take it.

I oneshot Dantès himself although it was close

(good thing he didn't Steel Determination!)

and most of the credit should probably go to my friend's grailed 10/10/10 Herc :sweatdrop:

Looking forward to E Pluribus Unum, I hope the writing/translation quality manages to meet the high bar set by this event.

Edit: Also, Medea Lily's interlude is great :3:

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 7, 2018

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Dantes is such a cheat. Doesn't he know he's supposed to stop attacking after my Herc gets a guts revival?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That only works on solo.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dante done in by 1-3 stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocXsTfJCtWc

See, Amadeus rocks.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im so glad they literally add komaeda in this game

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

And that's that for the event. Pretty fun stuff, and I found it enough of a challenge that I had to resort to Command Seals, which I have no regrets about. The ghost battle was a royal pain, and it didn't help that my best Caster is Halloween Liz. Sounds like leveling up Hans would've been really useful for this, but no point crying about it now.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Nick Biped posted:

And that's that for the event. Pretty fun stuff, and I found it enough of a challenge that I had to resort to Command Seals, which I have no regrets about. The ghost battle was a royal pain, and it didn't help that my best Caster is Halloween Liz. Sounds like leveling up Hans would've been really useful for this, but no point crying about it now.

Take this as a lesson to level up your Hans. Hans is great. He's also an S-curver so you can get him to level 55 and leave him there if you don't wanna go for the last ascension and he'll still perform 95% as well.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Motto posted:

That only works on solo.

Yeah, I botched it because my Cu survived past my Herc.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Dee Ehm posted:

Take this as a lesson to level up your Hans. Hans is great. He's also an S-curver so you can get him to level 55 and leave him there if you don't wanna go for the last ascension and he'll still perform 95% as well.

Yeah, lesson learned. I've had a tendency to ignore my 1 and 2 star characters up until now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Barely beat the Ghosts, only Waver was left by the end with less than 1k HP, would have probably died if I hadn't finished it off with NP-A-A because NP failed to stun. I overestimated Herc's damage (B-Crit A-Crit B chain) and paid for it. Probably wouldn't have been an issue if I'd just spent a command seal on NP for Herc and if the first B had managed to crit (was at 70%).

Had to revive my team with Command Seals on Edmond because Herc died as soon as he came out because I was lazy and didn't use his Guts, as I thought Edmond wouldn't target him down. Turned out to be wrong! Was really fun in the beginning though, cause I was stalling with Waver / Orion / Euryale for a longass time.

Meanwhile, on the JP side, I used 5 single tickets from the 12 million campaign on the Chaldea Boys gacha before remembering that a) I don't want Arthur and b) I don't care for the new CEs so I did a single pull on the Kiara gacha and dumped the last 4 in Story Gacha.

So I got Osakabehime.

Combined with the Ozzy I got on Tuesday, that's 2 SSRs from like 23 or so rolls. Which isn't bad.

I'm still sorely lacking on Knight SSRs, I only have Okita.

If only my NA account had half the luck of my JP account... I have like half the SSRs despite spending like 5x the money.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

not sure if I shouls focus on the 30ap (Fangs) or 40ap (Gems) today...

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

drat I want Osakabehime real bad. Grats

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boredsatellite posted:

drat I want Osakabehime real bad. Grats

I can probably use her with Jack and Okita but I'm probably gonna focus on Ozzy for the time being because I already have Merlin and two other Assassins anyways.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

For White Day I got Edison and NP2 Caster Cu. And I jsut realized I've been playing for almost two years on the JP server and only just got NP2 CasCu.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
S.Alter Interlude Ch.2: Let's go gently caress with Altera just because.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

need me some nice shiny golden skill gems.

red gems are nice too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
https://mobile.twitter.com/tamamoxavier/status/971439698571771904

This was seriously hard to watch.