Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RatHat posted:

Some spoilers are out and it's like Togashi is reading the thread.

I looked them up and, wow. Neon's ability is gone from Chrollo's book, so she's probably dead, which is sad. Also, there's a big panel with Illumi and some tall old guy standing with the Troupe, which, huh, not who I expected as new members.

Edit: More spoilers, and the above is even better: Illumi is in the Troupe by Hisoka's request, hired by him specifically so they can kill each other. Illumi gets paid on Hisoka's death. According to this translation script Illumi even calls the arrangement an "engagement ring/promise/prenuptial agreement", which is fantastic.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

That dude is loco.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dark continent? who gives a gently caress? inject this poo poo straight into my veins!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Roland Jones posted:

Edit: More spoilers, and the above is even better: Illumi is in the Troupe by Hisoka's request, hired by him specifically so they can kill each other. Illumi gets paid on Hisoka's death. According to this translation script Illumi even calls the arrangement an "engagement ring/promise/prenuptial agreement", which is fantastic.
That's an amazing level of extra, goddamn.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pierson posted:

That's an amazing level of extra, goddamn.

I really, really hope that wasn't just the translator taking liberties because it's amazing.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Posting again because Chapter 377's up.

Edit: Ahahaha, the above spoiler was 100% accurate. I love it.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Mar 9, 2018

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Fuuuuuck
This was a hella good chapter. How many do we have left till there’s enough for a full volume?
I wouldn’t be surprised if Illumi has another ulterior motive, but him and Hisoka certainly are crazy enough for his story to check out. One thing I’m wondering about though is why there are still some missing Spiders? Obviously Shalnark and Kortopi (6 and 9) are gone but isn’t there a number 12? Am I forgetting somebody who died?

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Fuuuuuck
This was a hella good chapter. How many do we have left till there’s enough for a full volume?
I wouldn’t be surprised if Illumi has another ulterior motive, but him and Hisoka certainly are crazy enough for his story to check out. One thing I’m wondering about though is why there are still some missing Spiders? Obviously Shalnark and Kortopi (6 and 9) are gone but isn’t there a number 12? Am I forgetting somebody who died?

Chrollo is 0 so the 12th member would be number 11

e: I forgot Kortopi was 12 so I guess they haven't replaced them

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, there's thirteen members total. The twelve-legged spider also has a head, which is Chrollo. Though, something seems off to me, so I'm counting it out from the beginning:

They started at thirteen. Were down four after Yorknew (Uvo and Paku dead, Hisoka gone, and Chrollo banished), but Kalluto joined, which should have put them at ten at least. Chrollo came back, which would put them at eleven. Shalnark and Kortopi died, so back to nine if they never replaced anyone besides Hisoka. And Illumi would bring that back to ten, which matches where we are now.

So, yeah, guess they never replaced anyone besides Hisoka and now Uvo (the former 11). Or the other new members are off hanging out wherever for a surprise reveal at some point.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

When Hisoka kills Shalnark and Kortopi it shows a 12 legged spider with 2 legs breaking off and he says “10 more to go”. I figured he meant the “legs” since he wants to fight Chrollo again after killing the other spiders but I guess it could just be that not all of them were replaced despite the spider picture in the background.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Togashi really likes drawing the Phantom Troupe huh

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

frajaq posted:

Togashi really likes drawing the Phantom Troupe huh

If I were an artist I would probably draw the Phantom Troupe a lot as well. They're very cool.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

When Hisoka kills Shalnark and Kortopi it shows a 12 legged spider with 2 legs breaking off and he says “10 more to go”. I figured he meant the “legs” since he wants to fight Chrollo again after killing the other spiders but I guess it could just be that not all of them were replaced despite the spider picture in the background.

Yeah, that's the weird thing; that strongly implies that they were back to full before he killed those two. Which would imply that Illumi joining in puts them at twelve people total. Unless Hisoka assumed they were full and didn't realize that the Troupe's been slacking on recruiting people.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
My Boy Bono is back in the game!.

Learning that Melody's partner, Keeni, is also a hunter explains how he felt Fuu enter the room. It was a bit bizarre that someone else reacted without seeing anything and his En field is at least as large as the bedroom which is good since that's well beyond the average for a hunter. I expect great things from this partnership before things come crashing down because now two princes are planning something for this upcoming banquet.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
We haven't seen Tonpa in a while...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

We haven't seen Leorio in a while...

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I wouldn’t be surprised if Illumi has another ulterior motive, but him and Hisoka certainly are crazy enough for his story to check out.

I'm hoping that Illumi is actually being contracted to assist Hisoka in killing off the rest of the Spiders. After all, they've been twisted partners ever since the start of HxH.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

alkanphel posted:

I'm hoping that Illumi is actually being contracted to assist Hisoka in killing off the rest of the Spiders. After all, they've been twisted partners ever since the start of HxH.

Don't underestimate Hisoka's glorious murderboner.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Hisoka has been always a bit crazy, but this is stupid. He seems intent on killing the rest of the PT to leave Chrollo without allies that could help for the next fight, but here he is adding a new (a very powerful) ally to their group!

Although I have the feeling that after his resurrection, Hisoka isn't only a bit crazy, but fully deranged.

The other option, is that they are playing 5D chess and it's all part of a plan, and Illumi will betray them in a key moment. It could be that what Illumi said it's technically true (so if a nen user with a lie detector checks, it will pass) but there is a hidden secret in all this.

Prediction, the mafia family is going to warn of the powerful PT in the boat. But the warning will not server to impede them but it will be the opposite, the prince Luzurus will invite them to the 1st Deck, because after hearing how powerful they are, he will want them as allies in the succession war. That way the PT could be involved on current events.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 9, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
before, it kinda seemed that the brain damage made him so crazy that he wrapped back around to a greater degree of sanity than usual. now, not so much.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

before, it kinda seemed that the brain damage made him so crazy that he wrapped back around to a greater degree of sanity than usual. now, not so much.

Nah, he was just pissed enough to stop loving around with his prey, or at least Chrollo, to an extent. But he also still wants to fight Illumi, and knows that this hunt might actually kill him, so he's bringing his murder boyfriend in so that however it goes they get their fight too, or something. Though as people have stated, Illumi might go for the Troupe too, or at least kill some who try to interfere in his fight so he gets a proper one on one with Hisoka.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Nah, he was just pissed enough to stop loving around with his prey, or at least Chrollo, to an extent. But he also still wants to fight Illumi, and knows that this hunt might actually kill him, so he's bringing his murder boyfriend in so that however it goes they get their fight too, or something.

hisoka's belief that he was the strongest person in the world and could crush anyone 1 on 1 was not sane. hiring someone to kill him when he is already badly outnumbered and already lost to chrollo once is also not sane.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

This is should be obvious but Illumi has to survive, as he has pending an arc of Killua & Alluka vs Illumi for the future. So or Hisoka dies against the PT and at least Illumi survives, or Hisoka wins and Illumi betrays them.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hisoka's belief that he was the strongest person in the world and could crush anyone 1 on 1 was not sane. hiring someone to kill him when he is already badly outnumbered and already lost to chrollo once is also not sane.

I just said that he was not sane, he just acted relatively reasonably in the past because his hate overrode his desire to have fun and led him to doing something practical. But he's now planning a blaze of glory or something, because him making one good decision doesn't mean he's suddenly reasonable.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I must say I really like Kacho.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

this has turned into the plot of The Assassination Bureau and i couldn't be happier about it

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

its gonna turn out hisokas not even on the boat

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I'm having a tough time deciding what I want to see more in the coming chapters: Kurapica's reaction to the PT being on board the ship, or the Phantom Troupe's reaction to seeing Kurapica again.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
hisoka has this in the bag you guys

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Got this feeling that at least one of the Spiders, who are hyper paranoid and vigilant about Hisoka right now, is going to turn up dead next chapter, obviously by Hisoka's hand, and not a one of these jerks is going to have any loving clue how it happened. Bonus points if it's one of the stronger members.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

Got this feeling that at least one of the Spiders, who are hyper paranoid and vigilant about Hisoka right now, is going to turn up dead next chapter, obviously by Hisoka's hand, and not a one of these jerks is going to have any loving clue how it happened. Bonus points if it's one of the stronger members.

yeah he just takes out phinks or nobunaga

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I'm having a tough time deciding what I want to see more in the coming chapters: Kurapica's reaction to the PT being on board the ship, or the Phantom Troupe's reaction to seeing Kurapica again.

This boat is a goddamn powder keg filled with old, leaking TNT and I cannot wait to see how it all blows up. I wonder how it will end. Very few of the arcs so far have ended in a big battle so far.

I think there is a possibility that Hisoka killed Neon.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

theCalamity posted:

This boat is a goddamn powder keg filled with old, leaking TNT and I cannot wait to see how it all blows up. I wonder how it will end. Very few of the arcs so far have ended in a big battle so far.

I'd say that's almost certain. Eliminating the troupe's prediction powers seems like a pretty high priority.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.

Roland Jones posted:

So, yeah, guess they never replaced anyone besides Hisoka and now Uvo (the former 11). Or the other new members are off hanging out wherever for a surprise reveal at some point.

For me, this just makes me feel even more strongly that Abengane has agreed to join the Troupe and he's just mia because he's still dealing with Kurapika's Nen beast. (Or he's just said "I'm not gettin on the fuckin boat". The reason I think he's joined the Troupe is that he knows they can set him up with money and they'd do a good job of protecting his powerful ability. I don't think he's looking to wade in to danger.)

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

theCalamity posted:

Oh, poo poo, this totally fits. He knew who the owner was (or enough to identify her) and he knew the power was anathema to hunting down spiders.

I thought it was just a cheap incidental thing, now the death note comment is making me chuckle

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

hito posted:

For me, this just makes me feel even more strongly that Abengane has agreed to join the Troupe and he's just mia because he's still dealing with Kurapika's Nen beast. (Or he's just said "I'm not gettin on the fuckin boat". The reason I think he's joined the Troupe is that he knows they can set him up with money and they'd do a good job of protecting his powerful ability. I don't think he's looking to wade in to danger.)

We know Abengane made contact with the Troupe and must be the one who exorcised Chrollo's Nen, so him being a Kortopi-style member, there more for the impossibly-valuable utility than anything else, makes sense. Though that leaves us with one more space; Abengane would put them at eleven members, and minus Shalnark and Kortopi, plus Illumi, the Troupe should be at twelve if they were full before.

Cheston posted:

Oh, poo poo, this totally fits. He knew who the owner was (or enough to identify her) and he knew the power was anathema to hunting down spiders.

I thought it was just a cheap incidental thing, now the death note comment is making me chuckle

My favorite part of that was Bonolenov's "Just think it," in response. He wasn't a funny character before but I'm hoping him being paired with Shizuku might get some entertainment value out of the weird dancing mummy music man. Edit: Not that he wasn't cool before; I liked his power and backstory and stuff, and him squashing the bug that killed Ponzu was pretty great. Just meant he wasn't particularly funny before, but seems like he could play off Shizuku and Chrollo well.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 9, 2018

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I disagree that Abengane has a good reason to join the Spiders. To him, it'd have been just another exorcism job. Why join up with the most wanted criminals in the known world when he could just stay freelance and get more jobs? He doesn't need their protection any more now than he did in te first place. It's not like we have any reason to believe that he respects their murderous ways either.

And even if the Spiders considered him too valuable an asset to let go, that doesn't mean they'd force him to join their group. Frankly it seems much more likely to me that Chrollo would steal his power and they'd leave him locked up somewhere.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Cheston posted:

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

How about if Kurapika finds out that Neon is dead since he's the current head of the Nostrade family.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
chrollo called all the spiders to the ship though cause shalnark was talking about how long its been since they all got together so abengane aint no spider lol

what is interesting though is did hisoka marry illumi into this death marriage before hisoka fought chrollo? does that mean that hisoka doesnt have illumi to change his appearance since hisoka and illumi havent been in contact? is hisoka really belerainte? is togashi trolling us by making us think hisoka is belerainte but belerainte is actually the silent majority user while hisoka is sitting somewhere on the ship dirty and bloody?

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

there's actually 14 princes and hisokas the secret true fifth.