Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i just ran a quick GR on a whim instead of doing work and got my third gem so :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Tal Meteors is cool and good. It's also surprisingly functional at a decent level while still missing a bunch of pieces. I was doing just fine in TX without two multipliers for both offense and defense (Deathwish/Grand Vizier, Unities/Karini) and TXIII was totally comfortable even without DW/Karini.

I think the best part is that once you've got the whole gang together, Galvanizing Ward makes you basically invulnerable in Guardian-range content without having to press a single button. Compared to playing Condemn last season, where missing the Akarat reactivation at the wrong time meant death, it's very, very nice. I haven't actually seen my health globe move in days!

Also, playing double lasers with Thunder Crash is amazing and the most minor of losses until you're fighting in density of enemies that don't die in one or two shots.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Pictured: Me, GogoGadgetChris and Uberingram

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

bio347 posted:

I think the best part is that once you've got the whole gang together, Galvanizing Ward makes you basically invulnerable in Guardian-range content without having to press a single button. Compared to playing Condemn last season, where missing the Akarat reactivation at the wrong time meant death, it's very, very nice. I haven't actually seen my health globe move in days!

D3 UI needs to implement some way to monitor shield level because right now, I have no idea if my galvanizing ward is being chipped away until I start taking damage or just straight up die, depending on if any of my other dam resists have fallen off. Starts to be a serious problem at high GRs when ttk gets long and storm armor hits only close enemies, for example.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

bio347 posted:

I haven't actually seen my health globe move in days!

Yeah, maining Wizard has completely ruined my Hardcore experience because of this. I'm so used to having shields large enough to block all incoming damage that I've conditioned myself to think "moving health globe = I'm overstretching myself".

totalnewbie posted:

D3 UI needs to implement some way to monitor shield level because right now, I have no idea if my galvanizing ward is being chipped away until I start taking damage or just straight up die, depending on if any of my other dam resists have fallen off. Starts to be a serious problem at high GRs when ttk gets long and storm armor hits only close enemies, for example.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :suicide:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
rip janet

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Jan posted:

Yeah. Meteor channeling builds suck until you get Deathwish and Etched Sigil.
I just got mine off the ground after a couple nights. Had rolled an Etched Sigil without realizing I needed it then had a Deathwish drop.

Thanks exquisite tea for carrying me :v:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

JawnV6 posted:

I just got mine off the ground after a couple nights. Had rolled an Etched Sigil without realizing I needed it then had a Deathwish drop.

Thanks exquisite tea for carrying me :v:

Deathwish is kind of annoying since its a 1H sword and that pool is big enough.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Deathwish is kind of annoying since its a 1H sword and that pool is big enough.

Yeah, I tried rolling a couple swords and the best I hit was an In-Geom.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Deathwish was the last item I got, at around P570 or so. I was using an ancient In-Geom I had found until then, and tbh the no-cooldown teleport worked pretty decently. It's the one thing I miss from the last time I played wizard, which was Manald Heal Electrocute.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

bio347 posted:

Deathwish was the last item I got, at around P570 or so.

christ thats depressing

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

boar guy posted:

christ thats depressing

No kidding... Although last season I was hurting bad for quite a few items:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

No kidding... Although last season I was hurting bad for quite a few items:

I just got an Ancient Fist of Talib Kwalii or whatever lol

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

bio347 posted:

tbh the no-cooldown teleport

Before the In-Geom I had the teleport-costs-mana wand and was zipping about while getting carried. Worked for a few hundred plvls.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Obsidian actually works pretty well for speed because it's usually the only thing on CD

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Mr Scumbag posted:

Anyone got any tips?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/M...2/hero/98508841

Talking about Necro Lazystorm from a page or two back, I'd recommend the Hardcore Lazystorm variant I've been using lately. It still clears T13 ridiculously quickly, but has a number of advantages that I think makes it a lot better than the popular build.

For one, Corpse Lance: Visceral Impact is almost strictly a better version of Bone Spirit, especially since it allows you to replace the dead slot that is Devour in that build. Couple it with Land of the Dead and you have a great tool against Juggernaut bosses and can potentially kill the Rift Guardian in a GR80 before he even becomes unfrozen. Grim Scythe: Cursed Scythe lets you take advantage of your cubed weapon to apply the Leech and Decrepify curses to any difficult packs, which add a big chunk of Toughness and Recovery. This, and the fact that you won't lose your Dayntee's toughness bonus if you're forced to run out of melee range, is a large part of what makes the build Hardcore friendly.

Specific to your character, I'd highly recommend swapping out the Wedding Band for a Unity. That would probably fix your toughness issues by itself, and you can use the Life from Death passive if you need more recovery. The Eternal Torment passive is basically worthless and Spreading Malediction is generally overrated -- Lazymancer quickly chews through chaff enemies so most of the time it's only increasing your damage by a few percent.

edit: The cubed Steuart's Greaves are great for low-level farming, but I cube Aquila for higher Grifts.

Magitek fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 8, 2018

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Looks like the last time I played was season 4, so I'm playing catch up on a lot of changes.

1) Is there any reason to choose one of the mercenaries over another? The skills seem kind of minor. Maybe certain followers have better legendary items available to them?
2) Corpse Explosion is even better in D3 than it was in D2. Land of the Dead + CE = holy crap fun.
3) I don't fully understand how Ancient items work. Is it just a chance that an item spawns as an Ancient version of its normal self, and that just means... what? Higher numbers? I saw someone link an item with all kinds of {[(brackets)]} around it--is that some kind of ancient ancient item?
4) Is Icy Veins the go-to website for builds and general info? Anything else worth checking out?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Aranan posted:

1) Is there any reason to choose one of the mercenaries over another? The skills seem kind of minor. Maybe certain followers have better legendary items available to them?
The enchantress has AoE CC.
The templar has a bit of healing and resource regeneration.
The scoundrel is bad and never used.

Most of the important follower legendaries are jewelry and can go on any of them (Oculus, Ess of Johan, Unity). All of them have the same legendary relic affixes (follower cannot die, 50% follower skill CDR, access to all skills), and you want to use the "cannot die" one in all cases. Follower DPS is irrelevant, so it doesn't really matter if you don't have the right mainstat on their items.

quote:

3) I don't fully understand how Ancient items work. Is it just a chance that an item spawns as an Ancient version of its normal self, and that just means... what? Higher numbers? I saw someone link an item with all kinds of {[(brackets)]} around it--is that some kind of ancient ancient item?
10% chance on any legendary drop. Ancient means that counting stats have a 30% higher range (i.e. mainstat/vitality/resists, not percentage stats like crit chance). If you link an ancient item, it shows up as {[Item Name]}.

You might have seen a linked primal ancient, which are ancients with guaranteed max stat rolls: these show up as {{[Item Name]}}. You have to do GR70 solo to be able to get primals to drop, and they're a 10% chance on each ancient drop once you've unlocked them.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Magitek posted:

Talking about Necro Lazystorm from a page or two back, I'd recommend the Hardcore Lazystorm variant I've been using lately. It still clears T13 ridiculously quickly, but has a number of advantages that I think makes it a lot better than the popular build.

For one, Corpse Lance: Visceral Impact is almost strictly a better version of Bone Spirit, especially since it allows you to replace the dead slot that is Devour in that build. Couple it with Land of the Dead and you have a great tool against Juggernaut bosses and can potentially kill the Rift Guardian in a GR80 before he even becomes unfrozen. Grim Scythe: Cursed Scythe lets you take advantage of your cubed weapon to apply the Leech and Decrepify curses to any difficult packs, which add a big chunk of Toughness and Recovery. This, and the fact that you won't lose your Dayntee's toughness bonus if you're forced to run out of melee range, is a large part of what makes the build Hardcore friendly.

Specific to your character, I'd highly recommend swapping out the Wedding Band for a Unity. That would probably fix your toughness issues by itself, and you can use the Life from Death passive if you need more recovery. The Eternal Torment passive is basically worthless and Spreading Malediction is generally overrated -- Lazymancer quickly chews through chaff enemies so most of the time it's only increasing your damage by a few percent.

edit: The cubed Steuart's Greaves are great for low-level farming, but I cube Aquila for higher Grifts.

For the most part this is the LazyStorm I was running to about T13/80 as well. I generally just always keep Aquila in the cube and just swap out Toxin for a maxed out BotH if I'm not in a GR.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Akarat's Awakening :negative:

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

So I finished 93GR in 14 mins with this build: https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/WhatEvil-2242/hero/104876540 Still haven't been able to find a better hat/bracers etc.

I tried 94 a few times but don't seem to quite have the damage to keep up.

I see people like this guy: https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/MacDeath-2865/hero/60787564 with like 6m damage whereas I have 2... is this literally just from getting slightly better gear, dex augments on everything and getting like max roll crit hit/dmg%?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

5,000 paragon.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Oh yeah.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

exquisite tea posted:

5,000 paragon.

do u have a job

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
yeah specific followers make a big difference. Scoundrel isn't common because he's just a flat few % more damage. the crusader I was farming solo 102s with was getting a substantial amount of sustain heal from the templar followers healing abilities. Once toughness and mitigation and paragons/augments are going, added heal becomes really substantial. Most people use templar for the stun and resource regen though.

Mr Scumbag posted:

do u have a job

Ros-bot is like 6 bucks. Pretty much anyone you see over 1500 paragon is botting

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 8, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mr Scumbag posted:

do u have a job

You should ask the guy with 5000 paragon.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

So I did something dumb. I decided to start a HC dude mid season, after using my gift, when public games are bugged for groups. It was a very slow solo grind up to 70. Everything is a much slower burn since I don't want to push games too high, and my gear is still very poo poo. At least I was able to do the CR this week to help get some stuff rolling, but drat it's bad when you can't even do T1. You get very few DBs and blood shards (literally like 50 or less from a rift that takes 5+ minutes). Still, it's pretty fun since this is my favorite part of the season when everything is a huge upgrade.

My build will be featured as the challenge rift next week, a level 7 GR with mostly yellows. Good luck. :v:

look and lol
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Larrymer-1390/hero/99097113

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Uh next time just ask us to Plvl you and run you some quick GRs gems and loot, my guy

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

There's like 2-3 people playing HC at any given time in the LLJK channel. I tried to get an invite from the GBS clan last night (can't request or find it in search for whatever reason) but that didn't happen.

Also it's fine, like I said it's kind of fun and different than the normal experience.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Ros-bot is like 6 bucks. Pretty much anyone you see over 1500 paragon is botting

It's just people doing rat run 100 GRs in 2 minutes to farm paragon. There's no bots so far this season and we are less than 2 full weeks in and people are already over 2k paragon. It's just no lifers.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve never seen that term before this season, what’s a rat run?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ve never seen that term before this season, what’s a rat run?

GR speedruns with multiple Rathmas carrying supports

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20758896867

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
If I dismiss the Templars will he still have the items a gave him if I "reemploy" him, will they auto transfer to me or are they lost?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Hold on to it per your character. Meaning each of your characters have unique follower item equips.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Rip Ivanka Trump the hot rear end hardcore monk, u died doing what you loved, getting owned by a combo of an explosion followed by a spike trap 75% of the way through a level 70GR

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Someone PL me a SC DH tonight, I need a short break from HC after ripping another end-game gr80+ hc char, WW this time /sigh

Real question: I thought when the gem upgrader lady came out all the enemies had despawned? I thought this was always the case

A fallen one shotted me as I put in my first gem to upgrade, loving. hell.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

Someone PL me a SC DH tonight, I need a short break from HC after ripping another end-game gr80+ hc char, WW this time /sigh

Real question: I thought when the gem upgrader lady came out all the enemies had despawned? I thought this was always the case

lol, that sucks. Only time that happens that I know of is if you had nems on and activated the pylon after spawning the RG.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

thechalkoutline posted:

Enemies always despawn when the Rift Guardian arrives, except when they don't

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Rip Ivanka Trump the hot rear end hardcore monk, u died doing what you loved, getting owned by a combo of an explosion followed by a spike trap 75% of the way through a level 70GR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Taga-1895/hero/98860051

This is my HC DH I just fragged my lvl 60 Bane of the Powerful to Augment my Bow for the Season Journey. What should I do now? I cleared a GR70 and want to crush a 75, just wondering what/if I'm doing something wrong