Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Metapod posted:

its a popular worse 7/11 in Florida

mods, ban this filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
No no rings out the defense

It's a 7/11 with a Subway attached

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fast cars loose anus posted:

No no rings out the defense

It's a 7/11 with a Subway attached

:thunk:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Wtf is with this insistence it’s a gas station it’s just a Kroger

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
PUBLIX IS A LAND OF GRINS AND DELIGHTS UPON THE WINGS OF ANGELS SINGING HOLY CHORUS OF ITS GLORIES TO A LOVING GOD SMILING GENTLY UPON THAT DELIGHTFUL GREEN SLICE OF SUPERMARKET HEAVEN ON EARTH WHERE EVERYONE IS HAPPY NO ONE DIES AND THE SANDWICHES ARE DELICIOUS AND THE CHICKEN IS FRESH OUT THE FRYER

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suspect Bucket posted:

PUBLIX IS A LAND OF GRINS AND DELIGHTS UPON THE WINGS OF ANGELS SINGING HOLY CHORUS OF ITS GLORIES TO A LOVING GOD SMILING GENTLY UPON THAT DELIGHTFUL GREEN SLICE OF SUPERMARKET HEAVEN ON EARTH WHERE EVERYONE IS HAPPY NO ONE DIES AND THE SANDWICHES ARE DELICIOUS AND THE CHICKEN IS FRESH OUT THE FRYER

:emptyquote:

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I’m glad that I don’t live in Florida

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Looks like a homeless person’s Buc-eees, don’t @me.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
*messes with Texas*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Imagine being excited by a glorified walgreens

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh, a lovely Buc-ee's! I get it now.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Publix is a somewhat overpriced supermarket but their deli/bakery section is loving amazing. $10 for 20 good sized chicken wings, awesome subs, tons of good poo poo.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

This is a grocery store not a gas station

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fartknocker posted:

Publix is a somewhat overpriced supermarket but their deli/bakery section is loving amazing. $10 for 20 good sized chicken wings, awesome subs, tons of good poo poo.

Their prices are a bit higher, but their wages are also a bit higher than the other supermarkets/Wal-Mart in Florida.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Athanatos posted:

This is a grocery store not a gas station

Yeah every Publix I've ever been to has just clearly been a grocery store like every other grocery store, I don't really understand all the gas station talk.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Jivesauce posted:

Yeah every Publix I've ever been to has just clearly been a grocery store like every other grocery store, I don't really understand all the gas station talk.

For some reason all the Astros avatar guys have been unreasonably snippy since the playoffs started.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Randaconda posted:

Their prices are a bit higher, but their wages are also a bit higher than the other supermarkets/Wal-Mart in Florida.

Now this I like

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

purkey posted:

Now this I like

They also have really good employee benefits. The whole company is employee owned as well, everyone who works there gets stock. Everyone seems pretty cheerful and happy to help.

As oposed to when I lived up north, and you could have been shot and died in a Stop And Shop before anyone would consider helping you.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I previously had no strong opinions about the grocery store but now I am on board. Get them to Texas drive out Kroger and we’ll see who wins out with HEB.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrayn posted:

I previously had no strong opinions about the grocery store but now I am on board. Get them to Texas drive out Kroger and we’ll see who wins out with HEB.

I don't know if there are any Publixs outside of the state. There might be some in Georgia.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

There are a couple here in the Raleigh area of NC. Unfortunately the closest one is like 20+ minutes from me otherwise I would shop there.

Agree that I would like to see them drive Kroger out.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
There are Publix all over Tennessee. They're definitely not just in Florida anymore.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
A lot going on in the AFC South, clearly ;)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Demon Of The Fall posted:

There are Publix all over Tennessee. They're definitely not just in Florida anymore.

Truth. Publix is expanding from Florida outward, so FL, GA, TN, SC I know have stores, possibly they are into NC and AL as well but I haven't worked for them in 6+ years so I'm not current on the employee side.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

tangy yet delightful posted:

Truth. Publix is expanding from Florida outward, so FL, GA, TN, SC I know have stores, possibly they are into NC and AL as well but I haven't worked for them in 6+ years so I'm not current on the employee side.

They've been all over Alabama for what feels like a decade.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

tangy yet delightful posted:

I said three posts up that they are in NC lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jags fans are more defensive of their glorified CVS than they are of their glorified qb ;)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intruder posted:

Jags fans are more defensive of their glorified CVS than they are of their glorified qb ;)

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Publix doesn't impress me. Kroger has sucked lately though, but I still like them more than Publix.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Top notch meme

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I said three posts up that they are in NC lol

Don't know how I missed that doh.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Happy trails to Poz. Glad he got to play in the one great season

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Jaguars signed a guard that I am not familiar with, Andrew Norwell, who was a First Team All Pro to be the highest paid guard in the league. :woop:

purkey posted:

:smith:

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
That means we have the highest paid center and guard ever on the roster.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

The Jaguars signed a guard that I am not familiar with, Andrew Norwell, who was a First Team All Pro to be the highest paid guard in the league. :woop:

I like him and was sad the Texans did not appear to want anything to do with him in FA. I'm not really sold on Solder being the answer for the Texans at LT, but it looks like that is the plan :/

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

purkey posted:

Poz is a gem of a man and will be missed. However, I've got a sneaking suspension this is not the last football will see of him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

b0ng posted:

I like him and was sad the Texans did not appear to want anything to do with him in FA. I'm not really sold on Solder being the answer for the Texans at LT, but it looks like that is the plan :/

I'm not sure I want to pay a guard that much money. I do want to note that Duane is a better LT than Solder and also less expensive :toot:

But Solder has the "rhymes with right" stuff so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Gotta protect...Bort?

• Locked thread