Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

In Utah too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

My second-favorite part is the follow up from the IT department apologizing for offensive content.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Unamuno posted:

anyone out there have a list of opposing counsel, judges, and other-lawyers-who-gently caress-up-your-cases-through-their-outrageously-moronic-litigation-strategies that you hope drop dead, that you recite to yourself every night before sleep a la Arya Stark?
Not moronic, just unethical, but my least favorite opposing counsel got slammed real good in an unrelated case - a case dispositive ruling due to litigation misconduct. https://www.finnegan.com/images/content/4/2/v2/42208/2015.11.02-14cv1650-Regeneron-v-Merus-DI423-OpinionOrder.pdf

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Odds that Nunberg posts on here? Or any other graduates of Touro?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Pook Good Mook posted:

Odds that Nunberg posts on here? Or any other graduates of Touro?
https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/970822634794610694

Definitely a lawyer.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

And what is he refusing to turn over?

EMAILS

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Pook Good Mook posted:

And what is he refusing to turn over?

EMAILS

Quick, how many times has he been married and did he gently caress his study partner while asking if she's an Eritrean Jew?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

gvibes posted:

Not moronic, just unethical, but my least favorite opposing counsel got slammed real good in an unrelated case - a case dispositive ruling due to litigation misconduct. https://www.finnegan.com/images/content/4/2/v2/42208/2015.11.02-14cv1650-Regeneron-v-Merus-DI423-OpinionOrder.pdf

i love working in computer software sometimes

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Arcturas posted:

Guys, I think I have become the enemy. I ordered my first document review project today and I'm trying not to be annoyed that the contract attorney team can't start on Monday but has to start on Tuesday for reasons.

Is this what it feels like when you realize you have no soul?

The doc review agencies generally don't have people sitting around waiting for a phone to ring. If you got everything signed Friday evening, Tuesday start is pretty good, assuming that happened. If they are like us, they did/ are doing everything they can to get going as quickly as possible.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
I'm completing my mandatory placement at this law firm, and today I had my monthly security awareness training.

The training this month was to do with Bitcoin.

Not about how your computers might be hacked to secretly mine it, but about how we should all buy some to keep on hand just in case, and criminals have a business model too, so there's a good chance you'll get your data back from them if they infect you with ransomware. :downs:

Unamuno
May 31, 2003
Cry me a fuckin' river, Fauntleroy.
You're not a real litigator til you can no longer climax without imagining opposing counsel dying in a fire.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Whitlam posted:

I'm completing my mandatory placement at this law firm, and today I had my monthly security awareness training.

The training this month was to do with Bitcoin.

Not about how your computers might be hacked to secretly mine it, but about how we should all buy some to keep on hand just in case, and criminals have a business model too, so there's a good chance you'll get your data back from them if they infect you with ransomware. :downs:

That's... not quite the way our phishing/IT security training played out.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
So in the first half of 2016 I was offered a federal job in DC. I turned it down, and in retrospect holy poo poo did I dodge a bullet.

Guesses what agency it was? No searching post history, that’s cheating.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
EPA?

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

I'm betting State Department.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

consumer lender protection bureau

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Phil Moscowitz posted:

So in the first half of 2016 I was offered a federal job in DC. I turned it down, and in retrospect holy poo poo did I dodge a bullet.

Ice?

I actually think you told me, but I forgot.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

You really lucked out, Mr. Garland.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Eminent Domain posted:

I'm betting State Department.

I worked a few times with a guy who was at an I-bank who accepted a job offer at L at State in Feb. 2017. I'm not sure he's started yet.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Unamuno posted:

anyone out there have a list of opposing counsel, judges, and other-lawyers-who-gently caress-up-your-cases-through-their-outrageously-moronic-litigation-strategies that you hope drop dead, that you recite to yourself every night before sleep a la Arya Stark?

Unamuno posted:

You're not a real litigator til you can no longer climax without imagining opposing counsel dying in a fire.

Today's horoscope: You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you're just too high strung.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Maybe lawyering’s just not your game.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Reveal the job Phil.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
AUSA?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

It was ICE

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
I have a second interview in 2 weeks. The person who interviewed me said she practiced law for about six months 20 years ago before saying gently caress that so she entirely understood my plight. :toot:

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
I was going to guess HUD, but they’re a disaster under every administration.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Toona the Cat posted:

I have a second interview in 2 weeks. The person who interviewed me said she practiced law for about six months 20 years ago before saying gently caress that so she entirely understood my plight. :toot:

For the recruiter job?

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

For the recruiter job?

Yep. I kind of got a laugh because my interviewer talked about my rabbi after seeing my temple on my resume and told me that she too is one of G-d’s chosen people.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Toona the Cat posted:

except when her life went sideways after thinking "gently caress that" she meant it in a different way

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Toona the Cat posted:

Yep. I kind of got a laugh because my interviewer talked about my rabbi after seeing my temple on my resume and told me that she too is one of G-d’s chosen people.

uhhhh

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

“Globalists”

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Toona the Cat posted:

Post the interviews

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Man, CLE Is great because you can get so much work done because people aren't bothering you.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

gently caress CLEs

As my first act as State Bar President, I pledge to eliminate CLEs and replace them with “free lunch time”

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

blarzgh posted:

Man, CLE Is great because you can get so much work done because people aren't bothering you.

I now like doctor’s visits and teeth cleanings precisely because it’s an hour plus of my day when I can’t be bothered by anyone.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

disjoe posted:

gently caress CLEs

As my first act as State Bar President, I pledge to eliminate CLEs and replace them with “free lunch time”

Sir, this is a Wendy's drive-thru

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

blarzgh posted:

It's the customer saying this, right?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

blarzgh posted:

I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE SZECHUAN SAUCE