Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

DeathChicken posted:

That is one thing the bots are pretty good at, ducking into a cabin when their fear is low, getting under a bed and making you sift through multiple beds to find them. They don't turn up on Sense and they never make noise, unless they happen to be in a cabin with a generator to break.

Of course they will also do this when they're still in sight of you, but it's clever when it works.

I've taken to hiding when I spawn in the phone house. Jason usually leaves right when or before he gets sense, and doesn't usually bother to check if he doesn't detect any evidence of someone in there, especially if there are other counselors nearby or if he hears an objective being worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

I've taken to hiding when I spawn in the phone house. Jason usually leaves right when or before he gets sense, and doesn't usually bother to check if he doesn't detect any evidence of someone in there, especially if there are other counselors nearby or if he hears an objective being worked.

I managed to juke the hell out a Jason last night while playing Kenny. Jason kept getting tunnel vision on any counselor in his range, which happened to be me early on because we played Pacanack and the car, the phone and Tommy's house all spawned at the top of the map.

I spawned in Tommy's house but Jason took the power out before I noticed it, then started chasing me.

I got the boat gassed up and then met a glorious death with 5 minutes left on the clock and the cops called because gently caress it.

I don't think anyone managed to escape but that's because Jason either lagged out or quit with like 2 minutes left.

I also had a Jarvis House game as LaChappa where somehow I managed to be last one alive as the cops arrived.

Someone had put the radio on in the main house so hid in a closet for the last 30 seconds until the cops showed up.

Jason showed up and says "If you're still alive let me know so you can leave, I just want to know who's still here."

I hauled rear end out of the house talking mad poo poo just for Jason to blast through the front door and grab me.

I about poo poo myself and we had a good laugh as he murdered me.

I love when a Jason gets a good jump scare in a game, and I had one where I ran into a house, locked the back door and then as I ran to the front on the cabin fucker just walks through the open door with a "Hey Buddy"

Jason was pretty amused by scream of "OH HOLY poo poo WHERE DID YOU COME FROM!?" As I bolted for the nearest window.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
A few days old by this point, but didn't see it mentioned:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17520-perk-system-update-legendaries/

quote:

Good afternoon, counselors!

Today is all about Perks, and the first thing we want to talk about is a slight reworking of the UI which is designed to help players who live with certain types of color blindness. Each perk, as well as the Perk Legend, will include a numerical value of 1 through 6 as a visual indicator of Perk rarity. 1 being for Poor Perks, while 6 will denote Legendary Perks (more on that later in this post).

Next up, let’s share some value changes that we are making to Perks.

Easy Listening – Radio proximity recharge rate boost:

Old Value: 1-10%
New Value: 10-40%

Motorboating – Boat movement speed increase

Old Value: 1-15%
New Value: 5-35%

Man at Arms – Weapon durability increase

Old Value: 5-25%
New Value: 5-15%

My Dads a Cop – Cop arrival time reduction

Old Value: -5 - -30%
New Value: -5 - -25%

Quiet Swimmer – Sense detection chance reduction

Old Value: 1-25%
New Value: 5-20%

Lead Foot – Car speed increase

Old Value: 1-10%
New Value: 5-20%

Aquanaut – Swimming speed increase

Old Value: 1-15%
New Value: 5-35%

Finally, we would like to introduce Legendary Perks. Legendary Perks have all the benefits of the Perks that you know and love, but they also include a Legendary Stat Bonus. A Legendary Stat Bonus is a small value increase to a predetermined stat.

For example: You could roll a Legendary Lead Foot Perk with +19 Car Driving Speed, -2 Boat Driving Speed, with a bonus of +4 Car Start Speed.

Or:

You could roll a Legendary Medic Perk with 2 Med Spray uses, an +8 Health Increase, +5 incoming attack damage, with a +3 to Repair Speed.

We’ll release a full listing of Legendary Bonus Stats a little closer to when the next update releases.

Please let us know what you think!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Danaru posted:

I legit wouldn't have checked the outhouses, honestly. :v: I'm lucky I thought to check the tents, and EXTREMELY lucky that he happened to be in the first tent I checked.

Theoretically, could you hide out in an outhouse or tent and never be detected? One thing I've found playing as Jason is how tedious it can be if you're down to 1 or 2 counselors and they've just decided to wait out the clock, and I typically only get them by popping sense and seeing a big red cabin.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

DrNutt posted:

Theoretically, could you hide out in an outhouse or tent and never be detected? One thing I've found playing as Jason is how tedious it can be if you're down to 1 or 2 counselors and they've just decided to wait out the clock, and I typically only get them by popping sense and seeing a big red cabin.

later on in the match, jason's Sense gets more acute and he will be able to pick someone up in a hiding spot. so i mean, theoretically, sure, but realistically jason is going to start checking campsites and such and his sense will pick you up. there's some perks that give you the chance to resist it but i'm unsure of how they interact. there's heavy sleeper, which gives you a max of 25% to resist in a sleeping bag/tent, and level headed, which gives you another 15% max to resist any time ever. do these add to make 40% chance to resist in a sleeping bag or are they multiplicative to make a ~37% chance to resist? :iiam:

e: and even if you do resist once, chances are fantastic that there's enough time in the game for him to make multiple rounds of the camp, so hope your luck holds out, chump

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 5, 2018

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Coolguye posted:

later on in the match, jason's Sense gets more acute and he will be able to pick someone up in a hiding spot. so i mean, theoretically, sure, but realistically jason is going to start checking campsites and such and his sense will pick you up. there's some perks that give you the chance to resist it but i'm unsure of how they interact. there's heavy sleeper, which gives you a max of 25% to resist in a sleeping bag/tent, and level headed, which gives you another 15% max to resist any time ever. do these add to make 40% chance to resist in a sleeping bag or are they multiplicative to make a ~37% chance to resist? :iiam:

e: and even if you do resist once, chances are fantastic that there's enough time in the game for him to make multiple rounds of the camp, so hope your luck holds out, chump

Okay. I wasn't sure how it worked in the outdoor hiding spots, because obviously the cabins lighting up doesn't tell you which closet or bed they're hiding in. Does like a group of tents light up or something like that?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
you see the counselor's frame the same way you would if they were standing there, but they appear to be sitting or lying down or whatever's appropriate for the hiding space they're in. basically, if you get a hit on an outdoor hiding location, it's a pinpoint hit.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Is Pinehurst as terrible for you all as counselors as it is in every single game I play?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

TheBizzness posted:

Is Pinehurst as terrible for you all as counselors as it is in every single game I play?

It depends on the players you're stuck with. It's a loving HUGE map and that can be problematic.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Comfortador posted:

It depends on the players you're stuck with. It's a loving HUGE map and that can be problematic.

Not a double post. Some guy was hacking tonight and a few of us escaped early in the car so I sat there and screenshotted best as I could. Some of the images look out of whack resolution wise but I didn't alter them in any way other than cutting them out of a fullscreen so I have no idea why.

https://imgur.com/a/HbwLa

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 6, 2018

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

TheBizzness posted:

If the car and the phone spawn in the north, you can basically forget doing objectives against a competent Jason. Pinehurst has problems.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Comfortador posted:

Not a double post. Some guy was hacking tonight and a few of us escaped early in the car so I sat there and screenshotted best as I could. Some of the images look out of whack resolution wise but I didn't alter them in any way other than cutting them out of a fullscreen so I have no idea why.

https://imgur.com/a/HbwLa

It looks so weird in the regular setting. The model looks great but it clashes in a really weird way with the environment.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Best way to go about things in Pinehurst is just to remember that it's so honking big Jason probably won't ping your location unless he's either 7 (haha) or is 8 and is smart enough to be patrolling the river. Stealthy campers can avoid him forever.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

gently caress, I hate organized kill crews. Knocked off two of them, then ran into a Sweater Girl and Tommy. Dead in literally two seconds as they sweatered and Tommy hit me at the same time (I wasn't even demasked, but I was as soon as Tommy got a shot in).

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
A.o.D. had to talk me off a ledge last night because every hit I took as Jason was a stun. It got frustrating getting stunned by the athletics then having to chase them down again.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Try Jason 3. His axe is slightly faster than councilors can swing, so you can more or less hack madly and foil anyone trying to melee you.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 7, 2018

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Comfortador posted:

A.o.D. had to talk me off a ledge last night because every hit I took as Jason was a stun. It got frustrating getting stunned by the athletics then having to chase them down again.

He no poo poo got stunned by a fire poker. RNG was not on his side that night.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I finally picked this up on Xbox one. I was Jason my 2nd round in, had zero idea what I was doing and everyone escaped. I didn’t tell anyone this on the mic so they all sure seemed proud over escaping and felt pretty good about themselves overall. I felt kind of bad about it.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Whats the CP cap? (if there is one)

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Comfortador posted:

Whats the CP cap? (if there is one)

Unsure, I'm sitting at over 100k currently.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I've started seeing a few of those Jason X guys now, honestly I wouldn't care and would even kinda think "Oh cool" if it wasn't for the fact that when you spawn in as Jason X, he's not actually rigged up proper yet, so he literally has no hitbox.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
What the hell was that patch even for if people are still hacking around as Jason X?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

What the hell was that patch even for if people are still hacking around as Jason X?

It worked for a while, but people found a new way to hack in Uber Jason.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

A.o.D. posted:

It worked for a while, but people found a new way to hack in Uber Jason.

It's like with the Amazon Fire TV Stick and loading Kodi. They literally took them off the shelf for months just to fix people jailbreaking them and loading Kodi on them to bootleg poo poo. They were back on the shelf for literally a day and someone figured out how to get around it and do it again. They gave up, last I heard.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Skunkrocker posted:

It's like with the Amazon Fire TV Stick and loading Kodi. They literally took them off the shelf for months just to fix people jailbreaking them and loading Kodi on them to bootleg poo poo. They were back on the shelf for literally a day and someone figured out how to get around it and do it again. They gave up, last I heard.

lol

I love that "give people what they want" is the only answer to dwindling sales and yet everyone spends trillions of dollars hiring consultants and programmers whose answer is just "pirates are to blame".

Just stream new theater releases to people's huge 4k tvs. Make digital copies cheaper. Strike a deal with Netflix or Amazon. Remember what thread you're in so people don't hit you with the "sir, this is a Wendy's drive thru".

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

They just announced they are releasing a blue coveralls skin for Roy because no one is sure what color they actually are in the movie, lol

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

They just announced they are releasing a blue coveralls skin for Roy because no one is sure what color they actually are in the movie, lol

I thought he was already blue though.

(But from memory they looked more like a dark grey or kind of a light black in the movie)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Roy is a magical creature who looks different to everyone

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Yardbomb posted:

I thought he was already blue though.

(But from memory they looked more like a dark grey or kind of a light black in the movie)

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17711-roys-coveralls/

Sorry. They are making them green.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Aaaah, I went and looked too just to jog my memory but

So yeah that kinda grey-green works I suppose!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Can you really not tell from the movie?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

TOOT BOOT posted:

Can you really not tell from the movie?

I feel like a bunch of people were probably just remembering this shot.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah trust me, if Roy was wearing a blue jumpsuit the entire film, there'd be a lot more jokes at his expense because he'd be straight cribbing from Michael Myers at that point

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Don't they use blue lighting for nighttime shots though? Couldn't that make a green jumpsuit look more blue?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It probably has more to do with the filters used on the camera rather than the lighting.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's like that stupid dress from years ago, some shots I think "Oh poo poo it actually is green", but then in others it's very clearly blue :confused: I honestly never even considered it being anything but blue until today

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Danaru posted:

It's like that stupid dress from years ago, some shots I think "Oh poo poo it actually is green", but then in others it's very clearly blue :confused: I honestly never even considered it being anything but blue until today

honestly given the budgets and rushed shooting schedules it's not outside the realm of possibility that the script supervisor was not paying attention and they used 2 different colored jumpsuits.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Hahaha the devs are national treasures. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
You know they're dedicated when they offer two alternate colors to settle niche fan theory on the 2nd worst movie.

• Locked thread