Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

Which Kino’s Journey team? Because as I remember, the more recent series wasn’t all that well-directed.
Yeah, shoulda specified: Keiichi Sigsawa and Takeshi Iizuka/Kohaku Kuroboshi are in charge of the Story and Character Design/Illustrations for GGO Alternative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Huh, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress is getting a sequel movie.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-08/kabaneri-of-the-iron-fortress-unato-kessen-sequel-anime-film-revealed/.128711

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Somehow I always knew that Koizumi-san would inevitably turn into a yandere horror show.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Did somebody get between her and ramen?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mentat Radnor posted:

Somehow I always knew that Koizumi-san would inevitably turn into a yandere horror show.
Look, as long as it doesn't go anything like those two or three chapters of Komi-san, I think we're good.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

chumbler posted:

Did somebody get between her and ramen?

Not yet . . .

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Mentat Radnor posted:

i havent been watching it but my friend described it as being absolutely plausible for it to have a Nice Boat ending

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope it does not, because that would be dumb and bad.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Expect My Mom posted:

i havent been watching it but my friend described it as being absolutely plausible for it to have a Nice Boat ending

Every episode makes me think more about scurvy and high triglyceride levels. Like holy poo poo this high school girl is killing herself and we're all just watching.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek there; it's not seriously going to turn into a bloody mess all of the sudden so don't worry. The yandere stuff was to set up a punchline later in the episode. Yuu really is a bit of a persistent creep though, huh?

AnacondaHL posted:

Every episode makes me think more about scurvy and high triglyceride levels. Like holy poo poo this high school girl is killing herself and we're all just watching.

This seems much more likely. Please take care of your health, salty noodle-loving girl.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
It feels insane to say this, but I think How to Jeep a Mummy is the best show of the season. It's such a wonderfully empathetic show.

I am finally starting on a Place Further From the Universe, so that might change my mind.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
how to jeep a mummy

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Expect My Mom posted:

how to jeep a mummy

Is that the new Brendan Fraser movie?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Fangz posted:

Guys, I am feeling hyped about the upcoming SAO spinoff

same

also watanabe shinichiro is directing a new anime

http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/new-shinichiro-watanabe-series-carol-tuesday-holds-global-open-voice-call/

sounds like a pretty big departure from most of previous work aside from the focus on music, which he always nails

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Going back to Dagashi Kashi season one has made me circle back to my original opinion. S2's 12 minute episodes just feel better. The pacing of the episode and the delivery of gags is much tighter. Although, I think you could do a 24 minute episode with this pacing.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

It's just dawning on me that spring season is going to have way too many shows that I want to watch. Golden Kamuy, Hinamatsuri, Chio-chan's Way to Class, Megalo Box, Love is Hard for an Otaku, Amanchu S2, MHA S3 . . .

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Chio-chan's a summer show now

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
finally, Uma Musume

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spring Season 2018: Why the long face?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Coaaab posted:

Chio-chan's a summer show now

Oh drat you're right. I'm half sad, and half relieved that it will be less of a struggle to keep up with all of these shows.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, Megalo Box is going to be a TV series? Wasn't that going to be originally a movie? :confused:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

MAL has it categorized as TV, but doesn't have number of episodes listed. I think it looks kickin' rad so I'll watch it no matter what format it's in.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't remember it ever being announced as a movie, but initially it was just an "anime project"

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/971999316037402627

s/o to the peeps who followed the scanlation until it was abandoned literally because trump was elected, maybe this will take some of the sting out of that

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I keep forgetting Golden Kamui is getting an adaptation. I read the first volume and enjoyed, I wanna get back to that

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm so ready for some bear-related hijinks! :black101:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm ready for all the guys to get jacked up on animal aphrodisiacs and get naked and horny in a hut

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

I'm ready for all the guys to get jacked up on animal aphrodisiacs and get naked and horny in a hut

:yeah:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

dogsicle posted:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
golden kamuy will be the horny show of the season

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Let's all get our hopes up.

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/972054916511379456?s=09

Then again, we are in the chihayafuru season three timeline...

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I honestly don't want a season 2 of Shirobako, I don't even know what it would be.

But I hope we get it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I want that show about the plane girls

Alternately, a show about that girl with the yellow streak in her hair

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Expect My Mom posted:

I honestly don't want a season 2 of Shirobako, I don't even know what it would be.

But I hope we get it

Really? It's pretty clear it was meant to be a longer show. At the start they talk about making an animated feature together and they haven't yet!

I think the reason there's been a wait for season two is that the director wasn't available, if he is now it's fairly likely that they'll make something.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

But I hope we get it

The rumor way back when was that three seasons were envisioned, with Miyamori ending up as a producer.

I don’t know if they ever got to the storyboard stage or anything though.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

an actual dog posted:

Really? It's pretty clear it was meant to be a longer show. At the start they talk about making an animated feature together and they haven't yet!

I think the reason there's been a wait for season two is that the director wasn't available, if he is now it's fairly likely that they'll make something.

hes doing the gup 6 movie finale series, so hes gonna be busy for a while

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What we got from Shirobako was excellent. So if there's more of that, then yay.

What I want in my heart, more than anything, is a Persona 5 anime that doesn't suck.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they could always get a new director. heck have that be a plotpoint in the show. bam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

Spring Season 2018: Why the long face?

Speaking of Spring, I'm gonna begin working on the next Season thread this weekend, so feel free to spitball any title suggestions you guys and gals have here, and it might get picked!

• Locked thread