Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/status/971471478699929600

This is like my greatest hits Spotify playlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

It’s a privilege to witness the death of the Seahawks.

I wish I had saved that post from the guy who was sad about not having blue Fridays at the office anymore.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

big talk from the dudes who have only been alive for 5 meaningless games since we ruined your thanksgiving and haven't beat us since 2014 :mad:

In retrospect it was worth it, because not only did you destroy our team, you've also destroyed your own.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Krycek posted:

I just read where we're still going to carry a $5.2M cap hit for Bennett after the trade. Wtf? But I'm not sure I put much stock in the rumors from yesterday, fake news! The only people upset by Bennett were the likes of my old, racist grandfather.

I was upset at his constant starting poo poo when the hawks were losing and especially when he was being faced with victory formation. Back in MY day people took a loss with dignity!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Vhak lord of hate posted:

I was upset at his constant starting poo poo when the hawks were losing and especially when he was being faced with victory formation. Back in MY day people took a loss with dignity!

Seahawks FO apparently prefers Frank Clark's method of dealing.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

King Hong Kong posted:

I wish I had saved that post from the guy who was sad about not having blue Fridays at the office anymore.

I got you king

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
In non-Seahawks news,

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/971490112541478912

Clearing cap space for Watkins?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

King Hong Kong posted:

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of my post where I made a point that in 2013 and 14 that it was unthinkable that someone wouldn't wear Seahawks gear on Friday, but in 2015 and on people stopped caring to do it.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
http://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/index.ssf/2018/03/seattle_seahawks_richard_sherm_38.html

Looks like Sherman told the FO that he wouldn't be back. So it seems like he's retiring rather than getting traded?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'll always do blue Friday because this office doesn't have casual Friday and dressing up for work sucks rear end

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Coldforge posted:

In retrospect it was worth it, because not only did you destroy our team, you've also destroyed your own.

Hmmmmm, agree. It's like two majestic large birds who mate in the air and forget to stop porking before they hit the ground.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

seiferguy posted:

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of my post where I made a point that in 2013 and 14 that it was unthinkable that someone wouldn't wear Seahawks gear on Friday, but in 2015 and on people stopped caring to do it.

Yeah, that was it.

I hope Judy and Rich from Point Reyes are friends with the president of the Crescent Park Neighborhood Association, noted “average millionaire,” because I want to go to a party with them all some time.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Congrats on the turkey leg Mr. Sherman, and best of luck with future endeavors.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
https://twitter.com/mosesbread72/status/971488222311104512?s=21

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
All good things must come to an end. I will never have any ill will toward this group, it gave me the first championship I've ever experienced and has been fun as hell to boot. Maybe it should have won some more, but that matters a whole lot less to me than the Lombardi and the memories.

In any case, we still have Russ, so we'll still be drat good. Excited to see where we go in the future, it was clearly time for some changes.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Thank god we don't have to listen to how amazing Sherman is every loving week now

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Is it wrong to say, at this moment in Seahawks history, that they should've given it to Lynch?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Is it wrong to say, at this moment in Seahawks history, that they should've given it to Lynch?

Really at this point I have no idea what would have become of the team but if they won 49 I think they'd still be falling apart right now due to salary increases / performance decay. I think 2015 and 2016 would have turned out better though.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy posted:

Really at this point I have no idea what would have become of the team but if they won 49 I think they'd still be falling apart right now due to salary increases / performance decay. I think 2015 and 2016 would have turned out better though.

God, I hope the 49ers sign Malcolm Butler.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
lmao if anyone thinks the Seahawks are dead.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

warcrimes posted:

lmao if anyone thinks the Seahawks are dead.

Counterpoint: you thought the Browns would be good or at the very least better this year.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/971824435983462401

Quise is sticking around till he's 30 :cheers:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

King Hong Kong posted:

Counterpoint: you thought the Browns would be good or at the very least better this year.

Fair enough, Hue Jackson is even a shittier head coach than I imagined and unlike most Raider fans, I never liked the dude as an HC. Although it is going to work really well for the Browns. Six picks in the first three rounds in a crazy deep QB/RB draft is hard to blow, even for the Browns.

~*Bold prediction*~

Cleveland will be better this year!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
The Rams are clearly terrified of the Jimmy G to Quise connection.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/971912702347096064

(fuuuuuuuuuuck)

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

so that's where the legion of boom went

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Since we are doing bold predictions: I can’t wait for the Rams to look like a Super Bowl contender (with the help of the NFL intervening in the officiating to fix a few games for the sake of succeeding in LA) and then go one and done in the playoffs again.

Or they’ll win the Super Bowl, regress, and move to St. Louis in a decade and a half.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Rams making a strong push for the best defense in the NFL next year.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:smith:

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 9, 2018

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/942523299493318661

Prescient.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Seahawks are gonna be OK, I bet. :unsmith:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams are a good football team

Yerp, and getting better by the day. Crazy.

Maybe. I know the Rams want to keep Watkins, or so they say, but once he hits the FA market his price is going to go way up due to the minimal amount of talent of WR's in FA, and the draft being weak in WR's this year. I know that the Rams brought in Washington Huskies WR Dante Pettis (Austin Pettis's cousin) for a visit today, but who know what that means.

A secondary of Larmarcus Joyner, John Johnson, Marcus Peters, and Aqib Talib, and Nickell Robey-Coleman/Kayvon Webster (if he comes back from injury) is CRAZY.

This Sean McVay character is unbelievable.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Yerp, and getting better by the day. Crazy.

Maybe. I know the Rams want to keep Watkins, or so they say, but once he hits the FA market his price is going to go way up due to the minimal amount of talent of WR's in FA, and the draft being weak in WR's this year. I know that the Rams brought in Washington Huskies WR Dante Pettis (Austin Pettis's cousin) for a visit today, but who know what that means.

A secondary of Larmarcus Joyner, John Johnson, Marcus Peters, and Aqib Talib, and Nickell Robey-Coleman/Kayvon Webster (if he comes back from injury) is CRAZY.

This Sean McVay character is unbelievable.

I'm going to miss Ogletree, but he didn't fit MLB in the 3-4 at all and I don't think he would be good on the Strongside slot either, at least he gets a chance to play his natural position in New York. Plus the fact that linebackers took up 21% of the Rams cap spending when this off-season started with one position unfilled was kind of nutty.

Last season was the reform of the off-season, this off-season is all Wade Phillips apparently :getin:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Seahawks are gonna be OK, I bet. :unsmith:

I think we'll be fine if we stop loving around and grab a real RB, don't psyche him out letting 4 other people flirt with his job and/or stop trying to play budget games with the offensive line. If Russ stays Russ and gets even a little bit of the pressure of last season taken off him via one method or another he'll do his thing and we'll still be contenders in a stronger division.

otoh it's entirely possible they don't do any of those things, all these changes at once amount to some chaos, Russ keeps eating pass rushes and we stink.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 9, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I think we'll be fine if we stop loving around and grab a real RB, don't psyche him out letting 4 other people flirt with his job and/or stop trying to play budget games with the offensive line. If Russ stays Russ and gets even a little bit of the pressure of last season taken off him via one method or another he'll do his thing and we'll still be contenders in a stronger division.

otoh it's entirely possible they don't do any of those things, all these changes at once amount to some chaos, Russ keeps eating pass rushes and we stink.

Having a great quarterback means Seattle still has a chance to win a SB if they run hot. But yeah, definitely aren't odds on favorites anymore. RIP.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
How much does this image make your soul die, Seahawks fans?

https://twitter.com/keitherickson12/status/972164342568423424

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Probably only the 3rd or 4th worst outcome tbh even though I despise the Packers

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Would be worse if it was the cowboys or patriots tbh

Can't wait for Wilson to get picked by Sherman 3 times if they ever play tho

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Worst places I'd want Sherman to land:

1. Patriots
2. Rams
3. 49ers (though kind of funny at the same time)
4. Packers

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I wish him well wherever he lands but if he runs into a combo of the ACL slowing him down and having something significantly worse than the Kam/Doug/Bobby cloud of doom supporting him then idk. I suspect he's a cerebral enough player that he's never going to be average or bad as long as he's healthy enough to play but I don't know if he's ever going to be a "don't throw to that side unless you're dumb as hell" guy again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

seiferguy posted:

Worst places I'd want Sherman to land:

1. Patriots
2. Rams
3. 49ers (though kind of funny at the same time)
4. Packers

This but Steelers instead of Rams and yeah that's my list

The Cowboys would be a very, very distant 5th

• Locked thread