Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also if it helps you can revisit that area later so you don't have to explore every last nook and cranny every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Motherfucker, I was playing Nier Automata and I was at the prologue boss fight with the two spiny wheel of death things, and both hit me at basically the same time so the auto recover didn’t kick in and I died. I’m gonna have to play the whole prologue again, aren’t I?

Welcome to Nier: Automata, Enjoy Your Stay.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Remember even if it feels like trash and weeb nonsense it will get good after 25-30 hours, we promise!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

Remember even if it feels like trash and weeb nonsense it will get good after 25-30 hours, we promise!

Clicking report right now

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Nier is v good

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

rotaryfun posted:

Nice!

I was thinking about grabbing the Raymond game as well. Seems he's more in the adventure style games than me but it's neat to finally find a genre that he can just play and doesn't require him to hand me the controller every few minutes.

Rayman Legends is on a flash sale at the PSN, it's the best Rayman and it has all of Origins levels in it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rayman Legends is so good

Bloodborne doesn’t have a jump button 2/10

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

That's only because that is where you stop having to play the same 5 hours of gameplay over and over.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Samuringa posted:

Rayman Legends is on a flash sale at the PSN, it's the best Rayman and it has all of Origins levels in it.

It actually is missing a pretty large portion of Origins' levels, but it is still excellent. You should buy Origins too if you want even more tho.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I collected all the stuff on The Division because it's drat cool to hear phone recordings. They give different point of views of the chaos in NYC, from rioters to emergency workers to the security forces trying to keep things under control, people calling their families, etc...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Guillermus posted:

I collected all the stuff on The Division because it's drat cool to hear phone recordings. They give different point of views of the chaos in NYC, from rioters to emergency workers to the security forces trying to keep things under control, people calling their families, etc...

Personal favourites are the woman coming out to her mom, and the guy complaining about how "urban youths" are ruining his commute with his friend trying his damnest to laugh at the hypocrisy.

Cleaner echoes are great.

"ooh, snack cakes. :haw:"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

People really overstate how many missions you have to replay in NierA. You basically do the first half of the game a second time, with a bunch of changes and new stuff thrown in, and it goes by a lot quicker. That's it. Everything else is new.

Before I played the game, I was thinking it would be like in Bloodborne, where you play the exact same game three times all the way through to get all the endings.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Still dumb that you have to go 30+ minutes without saving, especially since later on in the game it will give you secret checkpoints before boss fights.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, the :siren: artistic choice :siren: falls flat when it's so sloppily applied.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

majima-san I...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Best girl on the right

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

poptart_fairy posted:

Personal favourites are the woman coming out to her mom, and the guy complaining about how "urban youths" are ruining his commute with his friend trying his damnest to laugh at the hypocrisy.

Cleaner echoes are great.

"ooh, snack cakes. :haw:"

I like the series where the woman is being harassed by the dude calling her and breathing heavily into the phone. In the last one she reveals she knows who it is by putting his furious mother on the phone. . Legitimately cracked up at that one.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Who's the blonde woman next to Aloy?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Regy Rusty posted:

Who's the blonde woman next to Aloy?

That's one of the android women from Detroit.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Who are all of them, I only recognize Aloy :saddowns:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mergot Wet Nurse is a STRONG, BEAUTIFUL Great One who don't need no man!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

haveblue posted:

Who are all of them, I only recognize Aloy :saddowns:

Left to right is Chloe and Nadine (Uncharted), Aloy (Horizon), Android Lady (Detroit), Ellie (Last of Us 2), and Majima (Yakuza)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Uncharted, Uncharted, Horizon, Detroit, TLOU2, Hatsune Miku Future Tone 2

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

It really annoys me that a lot of RPGs are getting rid of armour in favour of costumes and outfits.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Smirking_Serpent posted:

People really overstate how many missions you have to replay in NierA. You basically do the first half of the game a second time, with a bunch of changes and new stuff thrown in, and it goes by a lot quicker. That's it. Everything else is new.

Before I played the game, I was thinking it would be like in Bloodborne, where you play the exact same game three times all the way through to get all the endings.

I was mostly joking, but having to replay about 4 hours of the first playthrough in the second was extremely not my poo poo and really dragged down my opinion of the game. Overall I thought it was a game full of good ideas, almost none of them executed well.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bob NewSCART posted:

It really annoys me that a lot of RPGs are getting rid of armour in favour of costumes and outfits.

Agreed. I am a huge sucker for being able to mix and match, and put little pieces of armor into separate boxes in the inventory screen. I hate just unlocking outfits.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Bob NewSCART posted:

I love playing dress up in games, I hope more implement it!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also, play dragons dogma if you have a boner for amor and character customization. I would probably enjoy that game even if it sucked because the character customization is so good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

veni veni veni posted:

I was mostly joking, but having to replay about 4 hours of the first playthrough in the second was extremely not my poo poo and really dragged down my opinion of the game. Overall I thought it was a game full of good ideas, almost none of them executed well.

Most of its ideas were extremely well implemented.

The only one that wasn’t was the replay as there are better ways to accomplish that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

BisterdDave posted:

If you don't play games for optimal fashion purposes only then I have to wonder why you even showed up.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

haveblue posted:

Still dumb that you have to go 30+ minutes without saving, especially since later on in the game it will give you secret checkpoints before boss fights.

Don't do the prologue on hard.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

BisterdDave posted:

My whole point is that I love dress up, one piece costumes and outfits just make it shittier

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Most of its ideas were extremely well implemented.

The only one that wasn’t was the replay as there are better ways to accomplish that.

I do understand why people like Nier:A so much, and I even thought it was enjoyable, despite the laundry list of stuff I didn't like about it, but since people here always seem to be offended at the idea that it was less than perfect I have a couple of questions.

Can you honestly tell me the shmup segments were quality? Did the hacking sections not get old? Was the enemy selection not dire? Was the map not tiny, bland and lifeless and boring to explore? Is it hard to understand why redoing poo poo sometimes 3+ times with virtually no change is boring for some people?

I realize I'm only listing the games negatives there, and there is plenty of good stuff in it, but I thought it was an absolute slog to get though from a gameplay standpoint. It's still probably worth playing just for it's general weirdness, originality, and the incredible soundtrack, but I really don't get why everyone acts like it's perfect. It's a very clunky game in a lot of ways that gets really repetitive, and a lot of it's gameplay doesn't feel fully fleshed out at all.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Tell me about your PS4 compatible headsets. I’m losing the final strands of tape and plastic holding my Sony Golds together and I need something new. I don’t think I’ve got $300 for A50s, probably something closer to $100-150. Anyone have the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 or 700?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

El Jebus posted:

Tell me about your PS4 compatible headsets. I’m losing the final strands of tape and plastic holding my Sony Golds together and I need something new. I don’t think I’ve got $300 for A50s, probably something closer to $100-150. Anyone have the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 or 700?

They just completely redesigned the golds

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I like the series where the woman is being harassed by the dude calling her and breathing heavily into the phone. In the last one she reveals she knows who it is by putting his furious mother on the phone. . Legitimately cracked up at that one.

The Echo scenes are great for tiny details. Name tags lining up with people you've met, little things hinting at details of their lives, etc. Especially good one where a riot has broken out due to someone gunning down an aid worker; tons of the civilians have names and their own little fights going on, but there's no sign of a gun on any of them...except for one rogue Division agent sneaking through a door, weapon in his hands.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Hell yeah. Been waiting for a legend sale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Just bought DS2 SotFS on sale. Like bloodborne, I bought it when it came out and never did the DLC so playing through again will be nice.