Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.
I’m not wholly convinced that necrons, whose number one issue is “can’t pack enough anti-tank cost efficiently” have a snowball’s chance in hell against either of those lists, so play whichever you’re intending to take to a tournament and use it as a chance to practice positioning etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Neurolimal posted:

It's too late, GW already makes T'a"u

FTFY

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Just starting to paint my Blood Angels, it feels good to finally go Imperial.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Everyone knows eldar charge their JO crystals daily. Tau are too into interspecies socialization for any true shutincel.

E: also the eldar across two settings primarily recognize a god who threw a shitfit over the girl he wanted trying to talk to other people (her children) and ultimately cripples an old man god because he didnt build him enough daikatana.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 10, 2018

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Foul Ole Ron posted:

I started Dark Angels in January. Haven't taken my other armies (Tau/Eldar) out of their cases since. Haven't played a Space Marine army since the Armageddon book was a thing.

No idea why I never started them sooner, but I'm hooked. Terminators, bikes and plasma are seriously some of my favorite things in 40k.

FWIW, I currently do not own any Hellblasters or Azrael. May change eventually though.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Welcome.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDh_aoyZT38

Featuring one of the best explanations of what the 40k universe I that I've heard so far.
Also good grief this game was a lot worse than I remember it being.

I never actually played it cause it looked pretty bad when it came out, also there was Tau in it. That was a decent review actually and there was a lot more detail put into that game then I had expected, shame it wasn't very good.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Necron dynasty codes supposedly leaked
https://natfka.blogspot.com/2018/03/the-first-necron-leaks-dynastic-codes.html?m=1

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Mephrit could be pretty nasty

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Interesting if legit.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
That looks like a lot of effort went into the layout, which makes me think it's legit. Plus it's surprisingly consistent, and calling them "codes" is exactly what I can imagine GW doing.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Nephrekh being phasing through poo poo on advances is probably the most interesting one if not the most powerful.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Since they split the image

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Mephrit will be NASTY on some units. For example, if the codex keeps the Veil of Darkness as it is now, an overlord dropping 10 gauss immortals next to something and letting rip with 20 S5 AP-3 shots.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

Also, the word would be Inquisitrix not Inquistoress?

E: That being said, I have been looking for a good "Inquisitor with Incinerator" model...

Doesn't this one fit the bill?

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Firewarrior

I remember buying that piece of poo poo game. I think i got it used at an EB, or something. Played it for half an hour and got a refund the same day I got it. It was so loving awful to play! The sounds alone were an assault on the senses.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Irate Tree posted:

I remember buying that piece of poo poo game. I think i got it used at an EB, or something. Played it for half an hour and got a refund the same day I got it. It was so loving awful to play! The sounds alone were an assault on the senses.

Sounds like someone isn't a follower of slaanesh

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I played it all the way through about eight years ago. Because I hate myself presumably.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
My memory of Fire Warrior is that it was just so drat brown and dark. You couldnt make heads or tails of anything.

It was like a quake 2 mod.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
My opinion of Fire Warrior is that is was the worst retail video game I ever purchased.

And I say that having once bought Battlecruiser 3000AD: All Aspect Warfare from a bargain bin. That may have been a laughably non functional broken piece of garbage but Fire Warrior was still somehow more offensive.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Few hours into my first attempts at painting Blood angels. All I can say is Primaris are a dream to paint.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Winters has his Tau codex review up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1o7AhPtK-0

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Floppychop posted:

Doesn't this one fit the bill?

Sold out, "Due back September 2017" :sigh:

I was thinking of using this guy (with a suitably pretentious backpack maybe?):

But it's also sold out.

:shrug:

E: I'm the oven mitt.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

Sold out, "Due back September 2017" :sigh:

I have one that I'll probably never use. If you're in the US we could work something out.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Floppychop posted:

I have one that I'll probably never use. If you're in the US we could work something out.

Nah, I'm a "plan but never do" guy w/r/t the slamming of hams, thanks though. :(

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Artum posted:

Nephrekh being phasing through poo poo on advances is probably the most interesting one if not the most powerful.

I love that phasing 6" advance trait so much. I doubt it's very powerful, but it's so interesting mechanically and flavorful and I LOVE IT. It's kind of what I hoped all the subfaction traits would be

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So it turns out that I really am likely going to maintain a pace of 5 hours per model. That's... bad considering that after tomorrow I will have 429 points painted and will want to be able to field 3000 in 172 days. Since I already have the models I'm leaning towards this for the first 1500...

pre:
[INSERT SPACE MARINE CHAPTER HERE] - 1470
Headquarters
Primaris Librarian
Primaris Lieutenant w/ Power Sword
Captain in Gravis Armor

Troop
5 Intercessors w/ Grenade Launcher, Power Sword

Elite
6 Aggressors w/ Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets and Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Fast Attack
3 Inceptors w/ Assault Bolters
6 Inceptors w/ Plasma Exterminators

Heavy Support
5 Hellblasters w/ Plasma Incinerators
Assuming my current pace is maintained that's 22 models, or 110 hours of work ahead of me. I have a Baneblade that's painted and could be fielded as-is (although to be honest I would prefer to re-paint it). With that in mind, what would you guys plan for in order to make up the last 3000 points? I could go Custodes but the Narrative is a friendly tournament and I'd be inclined to field some jetbikes. I was thinking of grabbing a Knight and the baby Knights depending on how much they cost, or something else.

My ultimate goal is to field a fully painted army that, given the amount of time I put into it, has a chance of getting a high painting score.

Thoughts?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I hate models where one hand needs to be glued to something another is holding. I need three hands to hold everything in place, and sometimes it seems impossible not to have a gap.

I improvised on the other two Hive Guard using some Tyrant Guard arms. If I care enough I'll GreenStuff the hands on the gun that are supposed to be attached to the other arm, but since it's a bunch of blobs on a gun that already has a bunch of alien-looking blobs on it, I might just paint it anyway.

LifeLynx fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 10, 2018

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Called this finished just to take some pictures and realize I forgot to paint the sewer caps.

Armies on Parade is coming along nicely.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

TheChirurgeon posted:

I love that phasing 6" advance trait so much. I doubt it's very powerful, but it's so interesting mechanically and flavorful and I LOVE IT. It's kind of what I hoped all the subfaction traits would be

I hope it's real because it's a really good set of traits all round. Powerful and way more creative than we've seen previously.

-1 to hit notable by its absence, here's hoping that's a signal for its death.

Zuul the Cat posted:

Called this finished just to take some pictures and realize I forgot to paint the sewer caps.

Armies on Parade is coming along nicely.

This is looking really good dude, well done.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Nephrek turning all your cyberdudes into Wraiths loving owns, even moreso if there's a way to let some units advance and charge. I used to run really melee-heavy Necron lists back in the day and it would be a dream to do it again.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Figure out a quicker way to paint your models.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Sex Cannon posted:

Figure out a quicker way to paint your models.

a.k.a. the two cans of brown & green spray paint on a helmeted squad, bit of metal brushed on the weapons, a quick coat of black ink everywhere and some basing.

For when you're really in a hurry and don't care. Does mean later you'll probably want to start over though.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Hey question. Aggressors : Bolt or Flamer?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Liquid Communism posted:

Might be chapter dependent. I'm going bolt with my Raven Guard ones. Strike from the Shadows and - 1 to hit seems great with them to get the double shooting

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'm doing them as Space Wolves, so I'm tempted to do the flamers and walk them into CC.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've been wondering the same thing, but I'm going Salamanders.

Flamers are more fluffy, but not sure about footslogging them.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So it turns out that I really am likely going to maintain a pace of 5 hours per model. That's... bad considering that after tomorrow I will have 429 points painted and will want to be able to field 3000 in 172 days. Since I already have the models I'm leaning towards this for the first 1500...

pre:
[INSERT SPACE MARINE CHAPTER HERE] - 1470
Headquarters
Primaris Librarian
Primaris Lieutenant w/ Power Sword
Captain in Gravis Armor

Troop

Elite
6 Aggressors w/ Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets and Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Fast Attack
3 Inceptors w/ Assault Bolters
6 Inceptors w/ Plasma Exterminators

Heavy Support
5 Hellblasters w/ Plasma Incinerators
Assuming my current pace is maintained that's 22 models, or 110 hours of work ahead of me. I have a Baneblade that's painted and could be fielded as-is (although to be honest I would prefer to re-paint it). With that in mind, what would you guys plan for in order to make up the last 3000 points? I could go Custodes but the Narrative is a friendly tournament and I'd be inclined to field some jetbikes. I was thinking of grabbing a Knight and the baby Knights depending on how much they cost, or something else.

My ultimate goal is to field a fully painted army that, given the amount of time I put into it, has a chance of getting a high painting score.

Thoughts?

(get an astraus and a repulsor you know you want to)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Liquid Communism posted:

Bolt. They are one of the most efficient horde killers in the SM list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Artum posted:

(get an astraus and a repulsor you know you want to)

I want a lot of things.