Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I went in the vet lounge once because the school wanted me to register with them. It wasn't horrible but I never felt the need to go back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The other day in my school's vet lounge some dude was sharing a STDH story about shutting down some SJW arguing for gun control or some poo poo. It was fun listening to him because he kept making a bigger and bigger rear end of himself.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I pop by the vet lounge to use the printer from time to time. That's about it.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
RIP Merlin

edit: yeah I just go there and print like 40 pages of poo poo I'm supposed to read since they don't have any limits or anything

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
I actually use the one at my school because the only people in there are the work study dudes trying to make a buck while studying. Nobody talks about military poo poo which rules.

Also the douchey stereotypes that occasionally show up are quickly hosed with and they leave.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
this is the only vet lounge i hang out in.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

MrDesaude posted:

Well, I am now a member of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers, and the local Veterans club is bitter balls that I won't Volunteer to do their work for them join them.

They're family, but I really want them to gently caress off because I have enough poo poo going on...

Any advice?

Tell them to gently caress off. If it were your current employer that wanted you to do engagement stuff? Different story.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
my school's vet org has a meeting once a month where you can get a free sandwich so I try to go to a couple of those every year

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

boop the snoot posted:

this is the only vet lounge i hang out in.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm went into the vet lounge when the voc rehab lady was in for her semester meetings. Holy gently caress are those people unpleasant.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Veterans are the worst

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
First official day of Spring Break and I wake up to this:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

unf yeah look at that patio set wearing nothing but a covering of snow that's hot spring break rules

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

My Spring Break is in two weeks.

I’ve got one internship I’m applying for but I’m keeping the cover letter as a foundation for my essay. Getting people to look over it now to make sure it’s not stupid.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
my spring break was last week.

snow storm* expected next week.

*your definition of snow storm might be different than mine, a floridian.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Snow means snowboarding for break, I wish this was in the cards.

Just finished one project for today. Get to work on accounting project and presentation due Monday that we haven't started, finish up my independent study report due tomorrow by midnight, play a rugby match tomorrow, study for economics and finance finals, finish a take home final for managing change due Monday, not worry about studying for design of experiments final and finish a finance project due in a week.

I'm gonna spend my break asleep.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

One more week to spring break for me. But I'll still end up on campus every day since the prof who runs the biochem lab I'm helping out in for credit treats us undergrads like grad students. :whip:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh drat I just realized I forgot to fill out my GI Bill/Voc Rehab paperwork for this quarter that starts Monday. Going to be getting my books late I guess. Fuuuuuuuuuck

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Would anyone mind reading my scholarship application essay thingy?

It's broken up into two questions at 500 words each.

Wanted to try you guys before I tried the writing center, they just went into spring break and have no idea if they're open.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Soulex posted:

Wanted to try you guys before I tried the writing center, they just went into spring break and have no idea if they're open.

Sure, I'm not doing anything. PM me.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Soulex posted:

I can also review for ya

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Boon posted:

I can also review for ya

For sure. Thanks, both of you.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
PM me with the drive link if you need more eyes.

Ugh, that was quite some quarter. I think I stopped sleeping like 2-3 weeks ago. Somehow managed to drive 4 hours, play a rugby match, drive back to the library and write up my independent study progress report before midnight on St. Patricks, right before finals and projects/presentations last week, all with people calling me as apparently everyone goes out at 0400 to start drinking then.

Already have 2 A (-)'s, hoping for 4 more A units of the remaining 14. With fewer units that should have been easy As in all classes but I'm still happy with Bs. Hoping 19 units for spring will be a little easier but I think both the mens rugby and the school rugby teams will make the playoffs so I will have to split my playing and coaching and researching.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
This is my last semester. I already have a job lined up. My classes are only tangentially related to what my job is, and I don't enjoy being around people 10 years younger than me five days a week.

It's hard for me to stay motivated for school.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

lightpole posted:

PM me with the drive link if you need more eyes.

Ugh, that was quite some quarter. I think I stopped sleeping like 2-3 weeks ago. Somehow managed to drive 4 hours, play a rugby match, drive back to the library and write up my independent study progress report before midnight on St. Patricks, right before finals and projects/presentations last week, all with people calling me as apparently everyone goes out at 0400 to start drinking then.

Already have 2 A (-)'s, hoping for 4 more A units of the remaining 14. With fewer units that should have been easy As in all classes but I'm still happy with Bs. Hoping 19 units for spring will be a little easier but I think both the mens rugby and the school rugby teams will make the playoffs so I will have to split my playing and coaching and researching.

I'll hit you up in a bit. Just got done revising both the essays, and am getting feed back. I'll get you the next time if the offers still good. People get busy day by day.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
Yeah I know how it is. No rush or anything.

I have probably 10-20 hours of work to do in the next week and absolutely no desire. Hopefully motivation picks up by Friday.

lightpole fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 26, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My grad program admitted me pending grades for this semester. On track for a 4.0 so no concerns.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

My grad program admitted me pending grades for this semester. On track for a 4.0 so no concerns.

Congrats! Hope to be in your shoes someday.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Just got all my transcripts sent to the schools I'm applying to. Now I have to wait to see if I'm admitted. I'm cautiously optimistic, but my grades were kind of crap in high school. Talking to the universities, they said that since it's been so long it shouldn't be an issue though. Plus, they all want that sweet guaranteed GI Bill money.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Can you use both Voc Rehab and the GI Bill simultaneously? Next year, I’ll need like 4 credits to graduate so I’ll only be half time. I can’t survive on that.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
load up on BS courses to get yourself to full time?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Those extra courses wouldn’t be in my degree plan. So they wouldn’t have to pay for them.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Soulex posted:

Those extra courses wouldn’t be in my degree plan. So they wouldn’t have to pay for them.

i have taken several classes outside of my major and just called them electives. maybe it's different for me though since i'm chasing more credits than a bachelor's requires so that i can get a CPA license. i'm using the gi bill fwiw.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah Gi Bill is total freedom. VocRehab is essentially a track saying “you’re gonna do this. Ok!?”

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, GI Bill specific but if you are on your last semester for your AA, BS, whatever, then they let you load up to get a full time course load.

Unless someone has told you specifically that Voc Rehab doesn't do that, then I'd look into it.

Then if someone has told you that, then I'd look into the rules.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

Can you use both Voc Rehab and the GI Bill simultaneously? Next year, I’ll need like 4 credits to graduate so I’ll only be half time. I can’t survive on that.

I had this exact situation happen in my last semester. What you can do is ask to switch back to chapter 33 and get certified for that last semester to claim full BAH.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Deathy McDeath posted:

I had this exact situation happen in my last semester. What you can do is ask to switch back to chapter 33 and get certified for that last semester to claim full BAH.

This is my back up plan if the above isn’t true. Gonna talk to my counselor soon about it.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
You cannot get gi bill benefits and vocrehab at the same time.

That being said, you do need time remaining on your gi bill to switch to vocrehab. You can collect full vocrehab benefits so long as you have 1 day of gi bill remaining.

Your counselor approves your plan, but you pick your courses and you can load up on stuff just to be full time. Unless you can't show progress, or your counselor likes to micromanage, you can get away with one degree specific class, and 5 classes of underwater basket weaving.

You need to be attending at least half time in order to collect bah, and it is scaled based on how many credits you're taking.

You can use it for employment assistance while you're in college time and after you graduate as well. However, you're going to have better luck going to careers fairs at your university.

You don't automatically qualify for vocrehab, even if you're 550% disabled. You have to take an orientation, then have a sit down with a counselor and explain why you need it. It may take several months for this initial orientation, but things move quickly after that. If you have no clue as to what degree (area, and whether it be a bachelors or masters) and job you want and how they relate, you're going to get denied. Most use a government job site that lists qualifications for certain job, and not all jobs are present, so you're going to have to be clever when searching, and you'll be asked to find 3-4 jobs of interest. If you can't get something that lists a masters, or some other follow on training you want in addition to a 4 year degree as a prereq, don't worry, you can apply for this later after you've graduated.

If you somehow gently caress up and walk into the orientation with no clue as to what you want to do with your life and get denied, you can still apply again.

Good luck.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Soulex posted:

At least with the GI Bill you can take a full load in your last semester even if they don't relate to your major. Dunno if it works the same with Voc Rehab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

Have you tried lighting incense and praying to the Omnissiah?
Dear God will this semester ever end?!

There's a little under a month left, and my professors have lost all track of what they are doing.
They cannot use "It's in the syllabus" because they collectively ditched the syllabus 3 weeks ago.

And Ohio in its infinite dickishness still refuses to give us sunlight...
Buut I got my GI Bill and grant refunds, so there's that.
I am far too sober for this poo poo.