Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

[–]UnsureThrowaway94837 23 points 8 hours ago 
You can't hear drowning

Yeah, but a bathtub full of toddlers creates a steady roar of noise and you will hear the thud, splash, and then decrease in noise.

Not to say you should be taking advantage of this to crank on your hog, especially if you're married to such a high strung ninny who goes running off to reddit to air her grievances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ducks do that too

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Devils advocate: maybe OP’s wife is a combination of anti-JO and clingy that it’s literally the only chance he had?

Still not ok IMHO.

Also am I just being paranoid or is it worrisome and a little gross that bathing his kids triggered a need to JO?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
It's not especially worrisome in the way you're thinking of. More just in a "wtf" and "why" kind of way.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
In which we learn it's only natural to secretly booby-trap cabinets and he probably has some mental issue so it's not his fault and it's not like it was fatal anyway so stop whining; and a mom who wants the kids' dad to not let them drown is a stupid bitch who's frigid anyway so he was literally helpless to his dick

This thread is wild

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

In which we learn it's only natural to secretly booby-trap cabinets and he probably has some mental issue so it's not his fault and it's not like it was fatal anyway so stop whining; and a mom who wants the kids' dad to not let them drown is a stupid bitch who's frigid anyway so he was literally helpless to his dick

This thread is wild

*squints at thread* uh

Did I miss these posts or

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Anne Whateley posted:

This thread is wild

Your dick needs attention NOW, toddler in danger zone can just TOUGH IT OUT

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Bootstraps. Learning to swim. Natural selection.

Sry, need to crank the machine on the shithouse.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Someone do me a solid and search “expat”

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

loquacius posted:

*squints at thread* uh

Did I miss these posts or
Yeah apparently

he probably has some mental issue so it's not his fault

Power Khan posted:

What are the chances that the guy is just sleepwalking and trying to "fix" things in the kitchen.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

he started tinkering to fix some minor thing that bothered him and then got distracted by his mild ADHD
and it's not like it was fatal anyway

Power Khan posted:

Tfw you read booby-trapped and expect punji sticks or an explosive device.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

it's such an ineffectual trap it's hard to imagine someone doing that with the intention of harming you.

a mom who wants the kids' dad to not let them drown is a stupid bitch who's frigid anyway

tactlessbastard posted:

such a high strung ninny who goes running off to reddit to air her grievances.

Caganer posted:

Devils advocate: maybe OP’s wife is a combination of anti-JO and clingy that it’s literally the only chance he had?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Her husband a bouquet of love-me-nots and baby’s death

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I meant more of the super safety helicopter types but if you want to project be my guest.

Again, you do not have to maintain 100% eye contact on a tub with 3 and 2 year old in it.

Furthermore;

quote:

Not to say you should be taking advantage of this to crank on your hog

tactlessbastard fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 10, 2018

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Sleepwalking would be a funny resolution but that guy is probably (literally) gaslighting her.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

tactlessbastard posted:

I meant more of the super safety helicopter types but if you want to project be my guest.

Again, you do not have to maintain 100% eye contact on a tub with 3 and 2 year old in it.

Um yes you loving do

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
A reminder that 2 and 3-year-olds are megalomaniacs with active homicidal and suicidal streaks.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Pick posted:

Ducks do that too

I appreciated this.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

La Brea Carpet posted:

A reminder that 2 and 3-year-olds are megalomaniacs with active homicidal and suicidal streaks.

No, they're just profoundly stupid.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pick posted:

Um yes you loving do

The poster didn't specify that they absolutely had to be alive by the end of the bath, you see, so the post makes sense.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Anne Whateley posted:

a mom who wants the kids' dad to not let them drown is a stupid bitch who's frigid anyway

holy selective quote batman! I followed that with "Still not ok IMHO." (indicating it's an explanation, not an excuse) and follow up by sayign "Also am I just being paranoid or is it worrisome and a little gross that bathing his kids triggered a need to JO?"

but yeah i'm a mean ol' man child :shrug:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It is literally not necessary to crank it

Ducks don’t do that

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Pick posted:

Someone do me a solid and search “expat”

Searching Thailand brings up some gems:

My [26 F] boyfriend [28 M] slept with a prostitute in Thailand. Do I forgive him?

quote:

Tl:dr my boyfriend slept with prostitutes on his travels in Asia. I don't know how to feel about his gross past. Please help, do I forgive him and try to move past this?

New guy and I have been dating for a couple of months, everything's going pretty well, we're having fun. We're both super into travelling and he did the whole gap year thing in South East Asia where he spent a lot of time in Thailand in particular. We've been chatting about it lately and he's been heavily hinting that while he was out there, he was with a prostitute.

He talks about prostitutes from time to time (sometimes it's really random, like when we're sitting somewhere cuddling and it just makes me think... What made you think of a hooker right now?) and he's referred to another one he met in Madagascar too (he told me this really early on, 2nd date or so) but says he didn't sleep with her. But why bother telling me this then??

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand I feel really strongly about the exploitation of women in these countries. On the other hand, this happened a long time ago when he was about 19. I know everyone has a past and I've made mistakes in my past too. It's just the nature of this mistake I find really gross and weird. So I don't know what to do. At the moment I'm taking some time away to be by myself and think about it. But I don't know what to do. I'm disgusted. Please help :(

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I assume that everybody in every one of these stories is severely mentally unwell in some way, so I gotta dig deep to figure out what's wrong with the woman playing the most dangerous game and the shower chick or whatever

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

loquacius posted:

Ducks are also rapists with hosed-up corkscrew dicks

Humans do this

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Ducks have hosed-up corkscrew dicks because they also have labyrinthine vaginas, complete with dead ends.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Caganer posted:

Searching Thailand brings up some gems:

My [26 F] boyfriend [28 M] slept with a prostitute in Thailand. Do I forgive him?
Lol at "everyone has a past"

Let he who hasn't smashed an underaged ladyboy's tight hole in thailand cast the first stone.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Ducks are rapists. Do not take relationship advice from ducks

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Yeah but they don't masturbate

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'm coming around on picks thought process

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Why does everybody feel the need to parrot this drat duck dick fact? It's literally common knowledge. It's probably the number one most cited duck fact. Start posting new duck facts or get going imo.

Also my initial reaction to the booby trap one was "check for carbon monoxide" because the story seems absolutely absurd, but if it's as she says then she should literally run out of the door ASAP because that's horror novel territory.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Jeza posted:

Why does everybody feel the need to parrot this drat duck dick fact? It's literally common knowledge. It's probably the number one most cited duck fact. Start posting new duck facts or get going imo.

Also my initial reaction to the booby trap one was "check for carbon monoxide" because the story seems absolutely absurd, but if it's as she says then she should literally run out of the door ASAP because that's horror novel territory.

It's literally the plot of the movie suspense movie Gaslight which is where the term gaslighting comes from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslight_(1944_film)

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Navy husband (23m) cheated on me (33f) with prostitutes in Thailand while on deployment within 2 weeks of my giving birth to our 1st child...

quote:

It's been almost 18 months since my husband spent over $500.00 USD (which equals about $15,500.00 Thai Baht) in 3 days in port in Phuket Thailand. (He also spent time in Pattaya.) He called me drunk out of his mind. He lied to me for months. I knew what he'd done; so I researched the area, the prices of everything from food & drinks to massages, strippers & sex. I hit him with the facts that I'd uncovered a month before he was to come home. He finally admitted that he'd "only" gotten 1 massage with a blow job at the end...

I know that he's lying. I know he did more than he'll admit. However, for various reasons I have tried to forgive - but I'm having serious difficulties forgiving/forgetting.

I asked him to go to counseling with me - & he did, for a little while. Then we had to move with his ship to another state & despite my urging we have yet to see another therapist.

We no longer go on "dates" just he & I. However he will go out to the movies on his own once a week. I must admit that i wonder if he's really taking in the movie alone or if he's meeting up with someone. (This not only stems from the trust broken in Thailand. Upon his homecoming I uncovered more lies that date back prior to that incident.) I rarely leave the apartment as we only have the one car. (I had to leave my car behind as we couldn't afford to bring it with us.) I love my toddler & I'm so grateful that I haven't missed one milestone(!) - but I feel horribly isolated.

My husband & I fight (verbally). Once upon a time I was able to stand my ground & keep my head but now I've noticed that whenever an argument comes up I just collapse into tears. I hate the way I feel inside... but more than this, I hate that these arguments frequently take place in front of our toddler.

Before we married I had 2 jobs, a close circle of friends, a decent amount of self-confidence, lots of hobbies & a nice figure. Now I'm a stay at home mother, with only 2 friends from home that remain in contact with me, virtually no self-esteem, no creative outlet & I'm still getting used to my post-pregnancy body... these are stressors that are just adding to the problem.

My questions are: have any Redditors been able to regain the trust that was broken in their relationship? How did you turn your relationship around? And finally, for those who couldn't fix the problems in your marriage/relationship, what made you finally realize it was time to let go?

Sorry for the babbling rant.

TL;DR: My husband cheated on me with prostitutes/lied to me & our relationship is suffering. I want to fix it, but I'm not sure how. Looking for advice from people who have been able to salvage a broken relationship. Please see "my questions" above. Thank you so much for your time.

Let's look at the wikivoyage entry for Pattaya (the city name I bolded):

quote:

Pattaya is especially famous for its beer bars, staffed by "bar girls" who are "for hire" to the tourists and ex-pats who drink there. Popular beer bar pastimes include pool, connect-four and shut-the-box.

Open-air beer bars can be found all over Pattaya, with the biggest and best known concentrations being along and around Soi 7/Soi 8 and Walking Street, at numerous points on Second Road, Beach Road, Soi Buakhao, and in smaller numbers just about everywhere else, including along the southern end of Naklua Road. Although the staff of a typical beer bar will usually include many working girls, customers who have no wish to pay a "bar fine" and take a lady are welcomed and indeed make up the majority of the clientèle. Indoor beer bars can also be found all over Pattaya, the most notorious areas being Soi Yodsak (Soi 6) and parts of Soi Post Office (Soi 13/2). While some of these bars are much more "bar fine" oriented, in most cases customers who simply want to drink are welcome.

Go-go bars differ from beer bars as they have bikini-clad girls dancing around chrome poles on stages. The main concentrations are along Walking Street and Soi L.K. Metro (see below), with more dotted around the most popular beer bar areas. Sightseeing tourists are welcome in go-go bars, however, cameras are not. Signs prohibiting photography are widespread, and a minority of venues require patrons to deposit their cameras with security staff as they enter. This rule is enforced: if caught snapping shots, you'll be lucky if you're only thrown out and not beaten up.

I like how they have to explicity tell you it's ok to go to these bars if you don't want to gently caress prostitutes. You might be the weird guy who just wants to drink a beer but it's technically allowed!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I don't for a minute believe ducks don't masturbate. My loving cockatiel just discovered masturbation and he does it ten times a day now, and he doesn't even have a dick.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Jeza posted:

Duck Fact: In Puerto Rico, the word "duck" (in Spanish) is also a homophobic slur.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Anne Whateley posted:

Yeah apparently

he probably has some mental issue so it's not his fault

and it's not like it was fatal anyway

I am not saying it was not a fatal trap, I'm saying it probably wasn't a trap at all. It's very paranoid to jump to "this person is setting Booby traps" when there are a lot more sensical explanations. If someone wanted to set a trap to hurt someone, "remove screws from cabinet door" is not an effectual one. Removing screws from a door is textbook "start a job then forget to finish it". And none nobody "hides" a screwdriver. If you used a screwdriver for nefarious or non nefarious purposes you just put it back where it goes. Hiding it is just conspicuous and makes no sense. The only reason one would be left in a weird place is if you stopped doing something in the middle because you got distracted.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I am not saying it was not a fatal trap, I'm saying it probably wasn't a trap at all. It's very paranoid to jump to "this person is setting Booby traps" when there are a lot more sensical explanations. If someone wanted to set a trap to hurt someone, "remove screws from cabinet door" is not an effectual one. Removing screws from a door is textbook "start a job then forget to finish it". And none nobody "hides" a screwdriver. If you used a screwdriver for nefarious or non nefarious purposes you just put it back where it goes. Hiding it is just conspicuous and makes no sense. The only reason one would be left in a weird place is if you stopped doing something in the middle because you got distracted.

[extremely dennis from always sunny voice]

if i'd set a booby trap you wouldn't be whining on reddit about it!!!!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Also you should notice the difference between the cabinet door falling off the hinges and missing a hinge entirely

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

RoboRodent posted:

I don't for a minute believe ducks don't masturbate. My loving cockatiel just discovered masturbation and he does it ten times a day now, and he doesn't even have a dick.

Wasn't there a story about a kindly, conservative old grandma who got a bird and let it get freaky with her hand several times a day?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Caganer posted:

I like how they have to explicity tell you it's ok to go to these bars if you don't want to gently caress prostitutes. You might be the weird guy who just wants to drink a beer but it's technically allowed!

Wow, wish I could have known this before my visit. I didn't want to be rude and upset the locals. Good to know.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

La Brea Carpet posted:

Wasn't there a story about a kindly, conservative old grandma who got a bird and let it get freaky with her hand several times a day?

i think i read about that on reddit - it had two broken wings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
It must suck being the guy that just wants to play connect four in Pattaya without getting drunk and loving the prostitutes.