Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I've been making it my mission to get all of my crafters to 70 and actually do all of the class quests since stormblood got rid of the worst part of them by giving you generic quest materials instead of making you gather/pay for them yourself. What's really blown me away is how consistently good all of the crafting storylines are, especially since it's for a thing that a very small fraction of the playerbase will give much of a poo poo about or get past the first 30 levels of pain on even one crafting class. I'm too used to wow where quests for crafting professions are for you to make a specific thing and then eat poo poo, go back to grinding out crafts.

Also the end of the Heavensward culinarian questline is perhaps my greatest moment in all of my crafting thus far. I get a literal shokugeki no soma tasting orgasm scene, it's the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

1-50 Crafting loving sucks and I hate it. So I've taken to levekitting my rear end to 55 every 2 1/2 weeks. I figure I can get them all to 70 or nearly 70 by the the time 4.4 drops

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://www.fflogs.com/reports/NmwYH3aqbKM68JxF#fight=15&type=damage-done

"I'm a whopping 1k below the top WAR for this. This can't possibly be gear-related. Do I really suck that hard?"

^ This was me a few minutes ago, stressing over how I have been parsing progressively worse in Savage fights despite improving my rotations/execution on all fronts.

Then I compared the top WAR's parse to mine, and found that the only difference in our rotations was that he did two extra Fell Cleaves and his party was more competent. Turns out, gear really does make a really loving big difference! I feel less lovely now.

On a lighter note, I've seen God Kefka.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

Does anyone have pictures of the Rabanastre gear?

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/duty/ae1bf71a899/
if you click coffers -> item pages there are often multiple screenshots of the items
eorzea database is very good

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The edge is calling tonight!

Lay down your arms and let ME DESYNTH THEM ALREADY

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
None of the 60-70 crafting questlines really stood out to me, but none were really terrible either. I got kind of annoyed with how much endless praise they drop on you. Nearly every quest would have at least 30 seconds of your class buddy lamenting how lovely they are and how perfect you are and oh Jesus god why am I such garbage and why am I allowed to stand in your radiance? Alchemist and culinarian were probably the best, with alchemist being another episode of Eorzean SVU and culinarian you end up adventuring with a good hearted dope who is actually useful and gets to do heroic stuff himself.

HW culinarian is still the crem doo lah crem though and nothing really came close.

*edit* it is nice that a lot of the crafting and gathering quests add something permanent to the world map somewhere and I hope they keep up with that.

ParliamentOfDogs fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 10, 2018

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

SL the Pyro posted:

https://www.fflogs.com/reports/NmwYH3aqbKM68JxF#fight=15&type=damage-done

"I'm a whopping 1k below the top WAR for this. This can't possibly be gear-related. Do I really suck that hard?"

^ This was me a few minutes ago, stressing over how I have been parsing progressively worse in Savage fights despite improving my rotations/execution on all fronts.

Then I compared the top WAR's parse to mine, and found that the only difference in our rotations was that he did two extra Fell Cleaves and his party was more competent. Turns out, gear really does make a really loving big difference! I feel less lovely now.

On a lighter note, I've seen God Kefka.

Yeah, you're not doing as bad as you felt. My static has hands down two of the best tanks on Lamia(Our Paladin has #2 on all fights, and our Warrior teeters #1-2, except on Kefka for some reason but he's still among the top ten) and you're not too far behind our Warrior on our latest parse for Kefka. Keep it up! :)

Really wish our dudes had more time though, only reason we haven't beaten God is we've only been doing two lockouts, at most, each week since people have been busier.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 10, 2018

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

They've been the only thing I've ever glamoured to my hands, I've worn them for like four straight years.

Who are you in-game again?

Anathalia.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Oh right! I still see you around every so often

But yeah it's basically all I ever wear, if I took them off I don't know what I'd do with myself.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Blockhouse posted:

Monk has some fantastic animations and your attack speed makes hits super satisfying

Then you see the ridiculously tiny numbers and everything feels like a wet fart. This is ofcourse an illusion as you're farting in the bosses face (or rear end, whatever) so fast you're basically airblasting it's skin off. The solution is to never play anything but monk and remain in blissfully ignorant Nirvana.

Stay true to the path.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Speaking of monks, what's the ideal way to use Dragon Kick, Rockbreaker, and Demolish in multitarget fights? I'm guessing I probably want Dragon Kick on basically everyone since it doesn't really get in the way of an AoE (unless I should be using Arm of the Destroyer in that form but it generally seems to do too little damage for too much TP to be worth it), but not sure about Demolish. Unless I PB I can only reliably have it on three targets but if I do that I can't Rockbreaker at all, so I'd guess the ideal application is to keep Demolish on one or two big targets and use any spare Coeurl GCDs on Rockbreaker, but that significantly cuts my AoE damage.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Arm of the Destroyer at 5+
Rockbreaker at 2+
Juggle demo on 2 targets if it can tick for most of its duration, (so you'll look like Demo A Demo B RB Demo A Demo B RB), otherwise stick to RB spam

PB is 60s now so you can RB every pull

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Thumbtacks posted:

Speaking of monks, what's the ideal way to use Dragon Kick, Rockbreaker, and Demolish in multitarget fights? I'm guessing I probably want Dragon Kick on basically everyone since it doesn't really get in the way of an AoE (unless I should be using Arm of the Destroyer in that form but it generally seems to do too little damage for too much TP to be worth it), but not sure about Demolish. Unless I PB I can only reliably have it on three targets but if I do that I can't Rockbreaker at all, so I'd guess the ideal application is to keep Demolish on one or two big targets and use any spare Coeurl GCDs on Rockbreaker, but that significantly cuts my AoE damage.

If you're fighting two targets use Demolish on each one after the other then Rockbreaker the third time round if you can hit both (Snap Punch one if you can't), repeat. If you're fighting three enemies or more just Rockbreaker every time cause three enemies is when Rockbreaker's total potency beats the dot. (and definitely use PB to drop 5 Rockbreakers with as many buffs as you can stack in a row).

Unsure on the exact numbers for Arm of the Destroyer but I believe at five or more enemies you're better off using Arm, below that you can maintain Dragon Kick on two enemies at a time due to the duration so put it on whichever two have the most HP when it cycles round. Obviously take into account how much TP this is going to chew through and if you'll have time to regenerate it before fighting anything else.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
That's pretty much what I expected. Good to know my initial thoughts were basically right.

Soon I'll hit 62 and I'll get the crit chakra passive which should help quite a bit, I'm not sure how much that speeds up chakra generation but right now I basically only build them up between pulls or when I have a GCD to spare when I need to line up buffs/debuffs without clipping. I appreciate that monks aren't really changed that much between 50-70, just some good QoL abilities/passives.

It's also not that hard at all to remember which abilities need flank and which need rear. every so often i have to double check the tooltip to make sure I'm doing the right thing, but overall it's not particularly difficult to remember and flows pretty well. I appreciate that it's not CONSTANT dancing between rear and flank, it makes it a bit more involved.

I don't really understand how riddles and stance charges work, but I'll figure it out once I get them and dick around with them a bit, I guess. Riddle of Earth seems useful to hold GL stacks for as long as possible, and Fire's clearly a cooldown, but I don't know how Wind's works or if they share a cooldown between the three of them.

can't wait to have three damage cooldowns to use, though, so far i just have inner release.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
also is Eureka going to be an actual relic (preferably armor) or is it going to be like palace of the dead style item progression? i'm finding it surprisingly difficult to actually find much information about that

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Thumbtacks posted:

also is Eureka going to be an actual relic (preferably armor) or is it going to be like palace of the dead style item progression? i'm finding it surprisingly difficult to actually find much information about that

From what we've been told it's going to be an actual relic, we just don't know anything about what the process will involve.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

ActionZero posted:

From what we've been told it's going to be an actual relic, we just don't know anything about what the process will involve.

It's going to involve the removal of what's left of my soul, I'm pretty sure.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
From the short showcase Yoshi and Foxclon did, it's basically farming monsters and exchanging them for upgrade mats, or using the mats directly to upgrade your AF3 sets.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Thumbtacks posted:

It's also not that hard at all to remember which abilities need flank and which need rear. every so often i have to double check the tooltip to make sure I'm doing the right thing, but overall it's not particularly difficult to remember and flows pretty well. I appreciate that it's not CONSTANT dancing between rear and flank, it makes it a bit more involved.

What I do to keep my goldfish mind straight is put my flank attacks on 123 and rear attacks on CTRL+1/2/3.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Hra Mormo posted:

What I do to keep my goldfish mind straight is put my flank attacks on 123 and rear attacks on CTRL+1/2/3.

I prefer to needlessly complicate things by putting Bootshine on 1, True Strike on 2, Snap Punch on 3, and then Dragon Kick on Shift+1, Twin Snakes on Shift+2, and Demolish on Shift+3. That way I keep my forms together, although it does mean I swap back and forth between 123 and Shift123 on basically every attack, which is what I'd be doing anyway

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Thumbtacks posted:

I prefer to needlessly complicate things by putting Bootshine on 1, True Strike on 2, Snap Punch on 3, and then Dragon Kick on Shift+1, Twin Snakes on Shift+2, and Demolish on Shift+3. That way I keep my forms together, although it does mean I swap back and forth between 123 and Shift123 on basically every attack, which is what I'd be doing anyway

I do this too. For some reason "direct damage combo" and "status effect combo" makes more sense to me than "rear combo" and "flank combo". Probably because pugilist was my first class so I spent the most time with it, and the game starts you off with the direct damage combos and slowly introduces the status effect actions as you level up.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I'm weird then. I weaved the two together and basically alternated rear and flank attacks when I was leveling MNK. Just did half circles around the bosses.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

This is the way I've been doing it since ARR launched, so you are on the True and Right path.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
it's the only way that makes sense, i dont know how else you'd organize it

that'd be like playing dragoon and putting the True Thrust combo on Shift 123 and the Impulse Drive combo on 123. Madness.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I can respect that, when I swapped the positions of Bootshine and Dragon Kick I basically had an instant meltdown.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

that'd be like playing dragoon and putting the True Thrust combo on Shift 123 and the Impulse Drive combo on 123. Madness.

This is exactly how my drg is set up.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Thumbtacks posted:

I have it in order of skill obtaining.

1 - Bootshine
2 - True Strike
3 - Snap Punch
4 - Twin Snakes
5 - Demolish
6 - Dragon Kick

So my button presses are like 6 4 5, 1 2 3, 1 4 3, 6 2 5 etc. It's muscle memory.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

EponymousMrYar posted:

1 - Bootshine
2 - True Strike
3 - Snap Punch
4 - Twin Snakes
5 - Demolish
6 - Dragon Kick

So my button presses are like 6 4 5, 1 2 3, 1 4 3, 6 2 5 etc. It's muscle memory.

You loving degenerate

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

EponymousMrYar posted:

1 - Bootshine
2 - True Strike
3 - Snap Punch
4 - Twin Snakes
5 - Demolish
6 - Dragon Kick

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Uhh it’s this actually:

Bootshine- circle
True strike - x
Demolish- triangle
Dragonkick- right
Twin snake- down
Snap punch- up

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

EponymousMrYar posted:

1 - Bootshine
2 - True Strike
3 - Snap Punch
4 - Twin Snakes
5 - Demolish
6 - Dragon Kick

:frogout:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Captain Oblivious posted:

You loving degenerate

I also don't use Arm of the Destroyer at all, even on 5+ mob packs because I'm apparently the only one who knows how to AoE as Melee DPS in EX Roulette these days and I save that TP for more Rockbreakers :shepicide:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Wait until you see my usual button rotation which consists of Shift-7 Q Control-4 Control-Q 2 1 Shift-Q Shift-2 Shift-6 Shift-4 6

edit: i'm only half-way joking, that IS actually a button combination i press more or less regularly.

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 10, 2018

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

EponymousMrYar posted:

I also don't use Arm of the Destroyer at all, even on 5+ mob packs because I'm apparently the only one who knows how to AoE as Melee DPS in EX Roulette these days and I save that TP for more Rockbreakers :shepicide:

Eh it’s a judgement call you have to make. If the other dps is half way decent or the tank and healer are savages I find I have plenty of tp to use arm of the destroyer on big packs after the PB rockbreak bonanza.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

True Thrust - 1
Vorpal Thrust - 2
Full Thrust - 3
Fang&Claw - G
Wheeling Thrust - T
Impulse Drive - 4
Disembowel - 5
Chaos Thrust - F

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I've got a friend in my FC who's willing to decorate houses given a budget. Would a million gil be reasonable for furnishing a small house?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
1 - One Ilm Punch
2 - One Ilm Punch
3 - One Ilm Punch
Shift + 1 - One Ilm Punch
Shift + 2 - One Ilm Punch
Shift + 3 - Form Shift

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Lizard Wizard posted:

I've got a friend in my FC who's willing to decorate houses given a budget. Would a million gil be reasonable for furnishing a small house?

It might be a bit on the skimpy side, depending on what you want. It'll help a lot if you can craft stuff given mats (or find someone willing to do it, which should include most of the bored goon omnicrafters).

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sadly, I'm on a different server with other kinds of nerd trash. What would you suggest, 2 million? 1.5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Today I did Raid Roulette as AST. I was a little worried, but I managed to keep everyone (save one) alive through everything and got four commendations at the end.

But I was in the party with a Dragoon who went to the wrong Atomos corridor in spite of waymarkers being up, who then died to Behemoth meteors, and then died to Ancient Flare and refused to accept my Raise, would not get in with the rest of the party after a wipe so I could reapply Protect, and then died to Ancient Flare and refused another Raise. When she finally hit it, it was after the second Ancient Flare and she immediately ran at the boss to attack him. While her HP was still low. Needless to say, she was outside of healing range and died to the floor.

:psyduck: