Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Pretzel_Pup/status/972233426899120128?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

suuma posted:

I just wanna play some Monster Hunter and drink beer but instead I have to entertain my in-laws for the weekend :saddowns:

Same but I have work stuff coming in every few hours the rest of the day for a meeting tomorrow morning, rather than in-laws.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

The fact that you are naming classic movies and directors that have remained culturally relevant over the mountains of cruft that was celebrated in its time but has since been forgotten is proof within itself that certain works age more poorly than others and that there is no objective standard of quality. To use your bad strawman example, do you know what won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 1942? Not Citizen Kane. Not The Little Foxes. Not The Maltese Falcon. A little film called How Green Was My Valley, do you remember that one?
I've seen How Green Was My Valley. It's quite good and I'm pretty comfortable saying its better than Maltese Falcon '41, though in general I don't like Huston and I like Ford way more.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 11, 2018

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Raxivace posted:

I've seen How Green Was My Valley. It's quite good and I'm pretty comfortable saying its better than Maltese Falcon '41, though I general I don't like Huston and I like Ford way more.

It's a good movie, and I think Orson Welles even admitted he thought it much better than his own, but still hardly anyone has even heard of it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

3d printers are the best for stupid tchotchkes like this

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

exquisite tea posted:

No Man's Sky was rare in its aim to actively campaign for Most Disappointing Game of the Year as soon as it was announced.

95% of that was done by nerds on the internet jerking themselves off, though. Murray deserves criticism for saying BS, but they really didn't say all that much about the game before its release. Like 2-3 interviews over the course of a year or two. Its more a problem of not saying no more than saying a ton of things that definitely didn't exist ( other than multiplayer )

Nerds on the internet are real real bad about hyping themselves into false expectations; hopefully the sting of NMS made a few realize how pointless that is

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Looper posted:

It's a good movie, and I think Orson Welles even admitted he thought it much better than his own, but still hardly anyone has even heard of it
Yeah its a bit of a shame. I think there's a lot to like there, like that weird boxing subplot that ends with the adults just beating the poo poo out of the local schoolteacher.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

95% of that was done by nerds on the internet jerking themselves off, though. Murray deserves criticism for saying BS, but they really didn't say all that much about the game before its release. Like 2-3 interviews over the course of a year or two. Its more a problem of not saying no more than saying a ton of things that definitely didn't exist ( other than multiplayer )

Nerds on the internet are real real bad about hyping themselves into false expectations; hopefully the sting of NMS made a few realize how pointless that is

Zman calling out nerds. Nerds on blast says the phod

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

I see you're one of the good nerds who defends the honor of billion-dollar corporations instead of one of the bad nerds who gets excited about video games.

Gullible fans can only be blamed to the extent that they enabled Sony's greed.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this is not how mankind becomes star allies

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Microcline posted:

I see you're one of the good nerds who defends the honor of billion-dollar corporations instead of one of the bad nerds who gets excited about video games.

Space games really seem to attract the head cases though, Zaphod is not entirely wrong.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 11, 2018

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Kirby Star Allies releases on March 16th, and later this month it will receive its first free update which will add Rick, Kine, and Coo, Marx, and Gooey as playable Dream Friends

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

chumbler posted:

Same but I have work stuff coming in every few hours the rest of the day for a meeting tomorrow morning, rather than in-laws.

drat, that might be worse than in-laws

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

sharrrk posted:

Kirby Star Allies releases on March 16th, and later this month it will receive its first free update which will add Rick, Kine, and Coo, Marx, and Gooey as playable Dream Friends

:yeah:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I wish it was friday

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Microcline posted:

Sony shouldn’t have hyped up the game and gamers shouldn’t project all their fantasies onto unreleased titles.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm playing The Order 1886 and while I'm glad Gears of Wars' influence on shooters is dying out (can't remember the last game where I walk slowly with my finger against my ear) I do like these big dumb shooters. And this one is pretty dumb. Very pretty though.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Speaking of which, is Star Citizen just, like, dead?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Of course not, it's still in development come see the two offices that employ more people than a military base.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Star Citizen can never die so long as it receives the hopes and dollars of nerds who don't know when to give up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

al-azad posted:

(can't remember the last game where I walk slowly with my finger against my ear)

Evil within 2

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

blockchains can never be broken

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Star citizen is really funny when it bubbles up on game podcasts cause the hosts all pretend like it coming out and being real are possible

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Yakuza 0 just froze as I was saving, and I lost 8 hours of progress.
:negative:
Remember to frequently save your game

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

Star citizen is really funny when it bubbles up on game podcasts cause the hosts all pretend like it coming out and being real are possible

Or better when they refuse to say anything that negative like the Beast/Bombcast “we’re not lawyers or game developers” and “those are cool spaceships” like gently caress man

I’m at the finale of Yakuza 0 and goddamn this is the the most hype game of all time

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

Jesus that's a long time without saving

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I discovered the worst rhythm heaven game

it's lockstep

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

LawfulWaffle posted:

:psyduck: you earned this lesson

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Good save hygiene is as important as real hygiene.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I get antsy if I go 30 minutes without saving in a "save anywhere" type game

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Always save twice.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

chumbler posted:

Always save twice.

*saves game*

Wait did I save? Lemme just do it again to make sure

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Good save hygiene is as important as real hygiene.
more important IMO

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Regy Rusty posted:

*saves game*

Wait did I save? Lemme just do it again to make sure

this is cool in Yakuza Zero because it saves twice every time so you end up saving like six times

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I got salty after losing the Media King's mini game challenge and getting a net loss of 20% on the most tedious part of the game that I put it off. So now I have to redo most of the Pocket Circuit, the Beast mode, getting Nugget, completing the Shroomer line, the last two Rush missions, and going from 86% of the media king's territory to 5%.

Mine is a cautionary tale.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I stRted the Chris campaign in RE6 and good god this kicks rear end. Why did people hate this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The one major issue I have is that taking cover is wonky, especially because the way you play a RE action game requires you to be kinda waffling around corners, but in this game you stick to geometry sometimes at random. Very annoying.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

Or better when they refuse to say anything that negative like the Beast/Bombcast “we’re not lawyers or game developers” and “those are cool spaceships” like gently caress man

I’m at the finale of Yakuza 0 and goddamn this is the the most hype game of all time

Correct on both points sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Accordion Man posted:

Space games really seem to attract the head cases though, Zaphod is not entirely wrong.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Sony shouldn’t have hyped up the game and gamers shouldn’t project all their fantasies onto unreleased titles.

Yep yep.

I mean again, Sean Murray should never be allowed to speak to the press EVER again. Not saying otherwise. Molyneux levels of bs. But Molyneux got away with doing that for decades before people finally had enough from him. At a certain point, consumers are also being dumb.

And yeah, Sony made everything way worse by taking an indie game and blowing it up at E3 so they had another cool thing to make them look good.

Everybody involved looks bad, I just think space nerds expecting a game that lets them live their lives in the space matrix is especially ridiculous and can't be ignored.

Jay Rust posted:

It won't be dead until there's no more space game suckers to pull money from, but its always been dead. They're basically running a ponzi scheme at this point where they sell ships that don't exist to raise funds to make the ships they already sold and promised, constantly keeping the cycle going and never actually getting anywhere.

Its a very very expensive spaceship jpg generator.

• Locked thread