Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Lol. Dick Sherm owns and I'm glad to see the Niners Hawks incest going strong. The only way it gets better is if we sign Crabs somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Benne posted:

I'm still trying to figure out what the Seahawks', like, plan is

1. Get rid of everyone
2. ???
3. I dunno establish the run or something

The only player who left and is likely to meet their contract value is Bennett, which is for sure a head scratcher. All the other players that have been released were likely to not perform up to the cost of their contract. Except maybe Shead? He's nice depth, unsure what he'll command on the market.

We drafted 4 db's last year, clearly some of the older dudes had to go.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

sigmachiev posted:

Yep this sucks. Been a fun ride in the NFL upper class these last several years but between all the changes and the fact we still haven't addressed real needs I can't see us being great this year.

Fire Carroll and Schneider. Give Harbaugh and McCloughan all the money.

Sports are stupid.

Benne posted:

1. Get rid of everyone
2. ???

Every team that has ever won a Super Bowl has run the ball.

Makes u think...

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chichevache posted:

Lol. Dick Sherm owns and I'm glad to see the Niners Hawks incest going strong. The only way it gets better is if we sign Crabs somehow.

I mean, we could use a reciever...

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The only player who left and is likely to meet their contract value is Bennett

I have some doubts about that

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'll be honest, I don't like Richard Sherman. I mean he's an excellent player, that's indisputable, but I don't like super emotional blowhards who run their mouth off and have poor sportsmanship. I'm kind of bummed he's a niner now because I want to root for my team but I don't like it when there's manchild tantrum players on the team that I actively want to fail.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Leperflesh posted:

I'll be honest, I don't like Richard Sherman. I mean he's an excellent player, that's indisputable, but I don't like super emotional blowhards who run their mouth off and have poor sportsmanship. I'm kind of bummed he's a niner now because I want to root for my team but I don't like it when there's manchild tantrum players on the team that I actively want to fail.

It’s funny because Niners fans hate Sherman for this, and Seahawks fans hated Harbaugh for this same reason, and they hate each other because they’re probably too much alike.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chichevache posted:

As long as Sherman intercepts him a bunch I want this too.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Y'all will fall in love with Sherm the moment he dunks on Tim Kawakami for the first of what will surely be many times

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Benne posted:

Y'all will fall in love with Sherm the moment he dunks on Tim Kawakami for the first of what will surely be many times

I never really hated the dude in the first place, just that fact he played for the Seahawks.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

Forget Kawakami, I want to see what he does to Grant Cohn. Kyle Shanahan has already spent a year making him cry; Sherman's going to drive him to some dark, dark places.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Leperflesh posted:

Sherman is great, you don't deserve him.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Leperflesh posted:

Name one example of Sherman showing poor sportsmanship, and "looking sad during a Super Bowl loss dot gif" doesn't count

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol he literally mimed yawning at another player because he thought guarding him was boring and easy and beneath him

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Coldforge posted:

It’s funny because Niners fans hate Sherman for this, and Seahawks fans hated Harbaugh for this same reason, and they hate each other because they’re probably too much alike.

I mean it is San Fran vs. Seattle at the end of the day.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
sherman's a prick and sports can use more pricks. whether they should get comeuppance or not depends on what team they play for.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

As long as Sherman intercepts him a bunch I want this too.

I wanted to sign Crabtree as a receiver, not a QB.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

OGS-Remix posted:

As a 49ers fan I agree completely. Achilles tears are super serious and $13m a year is a lot for an injured CB. Out of all of Lynch's moves I really disagree with the signing.

I hope I'm proven wrong but I don't see Sherman making good value on his deal.

Fake edit: Maybe the contract will be very team friendly which makes it more palatable.

I'm not sure this is actually true, given the state of surgery these days. In regards to his ruptured Achilles, he apparently received TWO achilles debridements after one ruptured. A debridement is basically removing the unhealthy part of the achilles and then reattaching it. The procedure can also be performed by removing the entire achilles and replacing it with a new (used, actually) achilles.

The fact that he had this procedure done on his unsnapped achilles so that it didn't snap shows that the procedure itself isn't a big deal. The question is how will he recover well from the surgery and was it performed properly. If it was, I would bet on him being ready to play and ready to play well next season.

Benne posted:

1. Get rid of everyone
2. ???

I'm sure Pete has some plan in mind; personally I think he's resigned to an off year while he develops new players and get the cap sorted out (they are going to need that cap space).

He would never say it out loud, but I think it all comes down to that: rebuild.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Sir be quiet and finish your poptart

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
4-12 next season, guaranteed. Print the drat shirts.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Me: Wakes up this morning, "Alexa, who does Richard Sherman play for?"

Echo: "Good Morning! Richard Sherman is a player for the Seattle Seahawks."

Me: "Alexa, that's wrong!"

Echo: "...thanks for the feedback."

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Coldforge posted:

Forget Kawakami, I want to see what he does to Grant Cohn. Kyle Shanahan has already spent a year making him cry; Sherman's going to drive him to some dark, dark places.

Makes it all worthwhile imo. Sherman is definitely a prick, but now he's our prick

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 11, 2018

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Lol there's no such thing as poor sportsmanship in a league where the poster boy doesnt even shake hands with a qb because he lost the sb to a back up

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lol there's no such thing as poor sportsmanship in a league where the poster boy doesnt even shake hands with a qb because he lost the sb to a back up

This is poor sportsmanship hth

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

the poster boy

Tom Brady is the poster boy for being bitch made, so I'm not sure what your point is :confused:

Edit:

https://twitter.com/DougBaldwinJr/status/972887896179990528

Is Baldwin getting traded? :derp:

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 11, 2018

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Sweet baby Jesus not Doug Baldwin too

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

pretty sure he's just commenting on his friend/decade-long teammate going to a rival team

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
How much cap space does Seattle have now? I feel like all 4 teams in the NFC West are going to make big pushes to sign Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

uh oh pancho! posted:

pretty sure he's just commenting on his friend/decade-long teammate going to a rival team

You're cutting into my puppy-kicking time :colbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

Ok, dad.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

you probably don't like scoring all that much either in football do you

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Oh god I’m going to have to change my phone lock screen :negative:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Oh god I’m going to have to change my phone lock screen :negative:

It gets worse if you zoom out to show every player in the shot.

Edit:

While I'm here,

https://twitter.com/78_sampler/status/972969397835915264

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 12, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Benne posted:

Name one example of Sherman showing poor sportsmanship, and "looking sad during a Super Bowl loss dot gif" doesn't count

Here, have some highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1BL5M1gk0E

Literal actual children showing more maturity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-I_q7CjPlM

He's hardly unique. The league has quite a few tantrumy loudmouthed assholes. I don't like them. :shrug:

Dubious posted:

you probably don't like scoring all that much either in football do you

yes that's right, it's not possible to score points in football without being a loudmouth grandstanding blowhard infant, that totally makes sense

Spoeank posted:

This is poor sportsmanship hth

Exactly. I despise Tom loving Brady.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Is that Pierre Garcon he bumps right at the start? :laffo:

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

While I'm here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E5vvulNS6A

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
It's a football team not a nursery, and nothing in that video was even that bad. One of the clips was him getting punched in the face for pretty much no reason.

I don't mind football players who talk poo poo. imo it's just another part of the game, and if you can force mistakes on the other team by talking poo poo, all the better. I'm not a fan of his immaturity, that's pretty lame but I am a fan of his passion and his drive. Seems to about even out for me

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
sherman seems a little out of control of his emotions sometimes, which keeps him out of the elite tier of poor sports like Moss or TO

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
The music in that first Sherman video is way too loud. I want to clearly hear him going after Skip Bayless.

Sherman has struck me as the kind of player that's a bit of a jerk, super competitive, and annoying, but I recognize that if he's on my team he's MY jerk. Kind of how I felt about Harbaugh. I knew if he were coaching any other team I would've considered him a drama queen crybaby. But he was mine so I gave him a pass.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Kazak_Hstan posted:

sherman seems a little out of control of his emotions sometimes, which keeps him out of the elite tier of poor sports like Moss or TO

Moss mostly seemed to be playing to embarrass or humiliate other people, which is why he's the GOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sports fandom all lives by the quote, "he may be a son of a bitch, but he's our son of a bitch."

• Locked thread