Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own
This poll is closed.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 47 24.48%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 27 14.06%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 70 36.46%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 48 25.00%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh, yeah. gently caress that. Thank goodness that nowadays I don't have to do that for the most part (I mostly write music sheets/tabs on a tablet/guitar pro)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think the best thing for me was finding pencil lead that actually sticks well instead of coming off on my hand.

Which is funny, because you'd think as a programmer, you wouldn't use pencil and paper anymore, but it's been my best friend for forever.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

how did you mirror all the guitars but not the psvita logo?? :v:

also, I think I'd have an easier time learning guitar from scratch on a leftie one, since I used to play piano a bit as a kid and most melodies go on right hand there? i definitely remember struggling everything being reversed at first, though i can't really imagine playing a leftie one now, after ~20 years of playing a normal one.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

iospace posted:

I think the best thing for me was finding pencil lead that actually sticks well instead of coming off on my hand.

Which is funny, because you'd think as a programmer, you wouldn't use pencil and paper anymore, but it's been my best friend for forever.
The only thing I've used pencil motions as a programmer is for writing on a whiteboard with a magic marker.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

chumbler posted:

The squid choir is the best of the animal choirs. They're always in key.

I beg to differ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOqcomPzVrI

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Truga posted:

how did you mirror all the guitars but not the psvita logo?? :v:

also, I think I'd have an easier time learning guitar from scratch on a leftie one, since I used to play piano a bit as a kid and most melodies go on right hand there? i definitely remember struggling everything being reversed at first, though i can't really imagine playing a leftie one now, after ~20 years of playing a normal one.
A friend did the same joke. :mmmhmm:

I remember struggling scratching the strings of a right-handed acoustic guitar, but then I turned it around and it was like "Dang, this makes sense!"

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sindai posted:

please post again when the podcast is actually out

https://twitter.com/bunnycartoon/status/972850765902557189

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

okay now say what he did because I'm not listening to a dumb podcast

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Today is a good day for cute things

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Aurora posted:

okay now say what he did because I'm not listening to a dumb podcast

oh god it's like 2 hours an hour long

i'll let you know if i make it and learn

e: some of the links about old analog fansubs on that pager are pretty fun though.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 11, 2018

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
:ohdear:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I played through all of Route B because I couldn't sleep

Yoko Taro's a genius, the best game designer, bigger cock than Kojima

it turns out game play doesn't matter

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
you ain't seen nothing yet

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Why do we still do daylight savings time? It is the stupidest thing ever invented.

Also I forget how the end of route B differs from A.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Unmature posted:

Is there an Evangelion thread anywhere?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

I just woke up a bit ago and read these posts back to back so :stare:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

chumbler posted:

Why do we still do daylight savings time? It is the stupidest thing ever invented.

I’m working today so coming in with an hour less of sleep was fun.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

And different countries have different dates for when they start and when they end. Oh, and some states/the equivalents don't have them.

Just... make it across the board. Go home planet earth, you're drunk. :ughh:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DST is fake now that most of my clocks are also computers.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

chumbler posted:

:agreed:

And I think it's not so much the end of route B, but instead how route C begins.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm glad DST happened on a weekend and that I'll be getting more daylight in my evenings.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

DisDisDis posted:

Yoko Taro's a genius, the best game designer, bigger cock than Kojima

it turns out game play doesn't matter

:psyduck:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Motto posted:

DST is fake now that most of my clocks are also computers.

It's not fake when you forget about it and have an hour less sleep for a morning meeting because you didn't think to go to bed a bit earlier.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It is so very not fake. I have a unique double whammy of a justification of my hatred because working graveyard shifts (and weekends, please send help) means I kinda get screwed on both changeovers.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Helter Skelter posted:

It is so very not fake. I have a unique double whammy of a justification of my hatred because working graveyard shifts (and weekends, please send help) means I kinda get screwed on both changeovers.
:agreed:

I mean: Give me Weekends (having Thursdays and Fridays off is a godsend for having to deal with my bank's bullshit and just getting non-office work done in general), but gently caress getting to work at 4 AM because stupid loving USA does the DST thing 3 weeks before hand.

(OTOH, no traffic is a plus, so yay on that).

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Wark Say posted:

Well it's just work(Wark), see(Say)?" which, incidentally, left quite an impression on the back-then teen-aged doofus now writing this. ;)

I just can't hear this from a Scot. Sounds more like Rosalind Russel or Katherine Hepburn in the 30s.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
So this just updated on Mangadex. I'd forgotten about it, but it's a cute little series I worked on by the author of Usagi Drop.

Before you say anything, no it doesn't get weird at all.

Itohen, a manga about a lady starting to work at a seamster's shop.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Before you say anything, no it doesn't get weird at all.
yet

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

It's a one volume series from years ago

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I decided to start reading Teppu and like this super tall girl that towers over everybody, no boy can date her because she refuses to date a boy that's shorter than her, she's...
5'9"

i mean like that's still pretty tall for a girl but wow Japan is a nation of shorties

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Agronox posted:

I just can't hear this from a Scot. Sounds more like Rosalind Russel or Katherine Hepburn in the 30s.
In her defense, she was probably being nice to the bassist, who had spent most of the day cursing existence, Scottish accents and the fact he hadn't smoked for like 2 days.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Red Minjo posted:

i mean like that's still pretty tall for a girl but wow Japan is a nation of shorties

she's in the wrong genre, sports manga is full of tall people

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Red Minjo posted:

I decided to start reading Teppu and like this super tall girl that towers over everybody, no boy can date her because she refuses to date a boy that's shorter than her, she's...
5'9"

I remember someone mentioning how Makoto / Sailor Jupiter is supposed to be like super tall and she's like 5'7''.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Pootybutt posted:

Spent the last couple nights shotgunning Paradise Kiss and no I'm not still crying you are shut up

I love paradise kiss. The anime has my all time favorite op song :love:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

lol the judge tree arc in BN6 is insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Red Minjo posted:

5'9"

imagine if she was 6'0'' thats basically the equivalent when you compare average american vs average japanese height

• Locked thread