Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Some guys are passionate in an extremely emotive way, other guys in a more quiet way. In any case he has that passion and despite his other flaws I can appreciate that in a football player.

A bit more concerning is his anger at RW and Pete Carroll and the way that must've affected that team. He hated Pete and Russell's relationship and the relentless positivity they preached when he thought a more critical attitude would be better. He's the kind of guy who is as happy as can be when a team is winning but when they're not it pisses him off. Again, not a bad trait in itself but it can cause problems.

I have little doubt that Shanahan and Jimmy G can keep him under control though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/status/972991676527472640

Interesting tease.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Play posted:

It's a football team not a nursery, and nothing in that video was even that bad. One of the clips was him getting punched in the face for pretty much no reason.

I don't mind football players who talk poo poo. imo it's just another part of the game, and if you can force mistakes on the other team by talking poo poo, all the better. I'm not a fan of his immaturity, that's pretty lame but I am a fan of his passion and his drive. Seems to about even out for me

Lol, I watched the first two minutes and thought the same thing. There was nothing he did that was even remotely bad. I don't equate talking poo poo to having bad sportsmanship and like play said, one of those clips was literally him getting punched in the face by an opponent.

Edit: For the record, while I hated Sherman with a passion for that defended pass in the NFC Championship, I thought the whole post-game interview controversy was blown so far out of proportion.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

Sports fandom all lives by the quote, "he may be a son of a bitch, but he's our son of a bitch."

This is correct information.

Although I can't see myself being all hugs and kisses with Talib. He's very good at what he does, and I'll cheer for him when he makes plays, but ehhh. . . I'm not buying his Jersey is what I'm saying.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Late in the process, when Sherman and the Niners agreed on most of the incentives in the deal, he got back to the three most interested teams. Seattle, interestingly enough, wanted the first right of refusal on any offer, and so Sherman called Seahawks GM John Schneider. Sherman said Schneider told him, “Incentives [are] a little rich for me.” Sherman called Oakland GM Reggie McKenzie, who said he wasn’t going to have the cap money to compete for him. And Sherman called Detroit coach Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn; incentive package too rich for Detroit’s blood.

Basically Sherman gave Seattle first right of refusal and Schneider said no. Looks like Seattle just wanted to go in a different direction.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/973203595683356672

Cardinals are gonna get Cousins aren't they

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Sherman signing with the 49ers is pro-level trolling, so his contract is totally fair.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Kam Chancellor gone?

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/973214763466543106

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/Neiko15/...k-video-twitter

lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Coldforge posted:

It gets worse if you zoom out to show every player in the shot.

lol

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

I mean tbf if she's from one of like 20 cities yes taxpayer money was stolen to build a stadium

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Aging veterans on big money contracts with injury issues not being resigned by the team they've spent most of their career with is not exactly new. Congrats San Fran on paying off Sherman, you might get a season or two of mediocre to above average corner play out of him, but we got his best years. Enjoy our sloppy seconds.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Raku posted:

I mean tbf if she's from one of like 20 cities yes taxpayer money was stolen to build a stadium

Yeah, taxpayer money was used to build Centurylink stadium. But on the other hand, do you think a woman driving to a team's practice facility to harass players is concerned about that?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
:ohdear:

https://twitter.com/NdamukongSuh/status/973191918602674176

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Seahawks would use at least half their cap space(30m) to bring Suh in, that would be dumb as poo poo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DariusLikewise posted:

Seahawks would use at least half their cap space(30m) to bring Suh in, that would be dumb as poo poo

Well, how much do you want to destroy the NFC West's QB population?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Hah, Sherm is so petty, but I can't deny I'd probably have done something similar in his situation.

As much as Suh would theoretically rule for us (and would be an upgrade over Bennett imo), we definitely don't have the space to sign him unless he takes a team-friendly deal which why the gently caress would you do that if you're Suh. But hey, a man can dream.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Now when we chop block in victory formation we're also gonna stomp your ankles. Hell yeah.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Well, how much do you want to destroy the NFC West's QB population?

Suh's 31 and his sack totals are declining, if the Seahawks blow all their cap space on him and sign no one else to improve their team all the much better for the rest of the division

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'd fuckin love Suh, but yeah i can't imagine any way we'd work out a deal with the cap situation we are in, even after jettisoning Sherman and Bennett.

Edit: imagine a defensive line of Suh, Jarran Reed (notorious face puncher), and Frank Clark (notorious woman beater and reporter threatener). Is there another edge rusher we can snag to get a team of the most hated d-line in history?

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 12, 2018

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy posted:

I'd fuckin love Suh, but yeah i can't imagine any way we'd work out a deal with the cap situation we are in, even after jettisoning Sherman and Bennett.

Edit: imagine a defensive line of Suh, Jarran Reed (notorious face puncher), and Frank Clark (notorious woman beater and reporter threatener). Is there another edge rusher we can snag to get a team of the most hated d-line in history?

Good news! Junior Galette is a free agent.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Suh just wants in so he can be on the proper team to finish off Rodgers' career.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol Hawks aren't getting Suh unless he takes a stupid pay cut and why would he?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Hawks have $31 million in Cap Space

Suh would probably cost $17 million AAV.

It could happen. Don't necessarily think it should happen.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
We're getting rid of our overpriced veterans, not signing ones from other teams.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Krycek posted:

We're getting rid of our good players, not signing ones from other teams.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Krycek posted:

Aging veterans on big money contracts with injury issues not being resigned by the team they've spent most of their career with is not exactly new. Congrats San Fran on paying off Sherman, you might get a season or two of mediocre to above average corner play out of him, but we got his best years. Enjoy our sloppy seconds.

ooooo someone's a bit saltayyyy

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Play posted:

ooooo someone's a bit saltayyyy

I was gonna say, that seems pretty sasflowchart.jpg but I could be wrong

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Krycek posted:

He only stays on the team and gets paid like crazy if he is still really good, otherwise, he's essentially free to cut.

I did need some salt for this lunch though, thanks.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Why sign suh when you can prob get Sheldon Richardson for similar money??

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Spoeank posted:

I did need some salt for this lunch though, thanks.

Happy to oblige. We've been farming 9ers salt for years now. Seahawks fans have literal truck loads of the stuff. We store it in our underground tunnel that is never going to be finished.

Seriously though, he'd have been due ~$11M if he was on our roster to start the season, and with the injury, it's too much to risk for a guy ranked the #33 CB by PFF. And for what? maybe another 2-3 seasons? SF is willing to pay him for the scouting intel alone.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
pff lol

Now tell me his madden OVR

Also Sherm (thats what his close personal friends in the San Francisco Forty Niners fanbase call him) has some words for the #trader community
https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/973240417301835776
oh richard you lovable scamp

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Krycek posted:

Happy to oblige. We've been farming 9ers salt for years now. Seahawks fans have literal truck loads of the stuff. We store it in our underground tunnel that is never going to be finished.

Seriously though, he'd have been due ~$11M if he was on our roster to start the season, and with the injury, it's too much to risk for a guy ranked the #33 CB by PFF. And for what? maybe another 2-3 seasons? SF is willing to pay him for the scouting intel alone.

I don’t expect much from him this year, but even still, watching Sherman play against the Seahawks for the next 2-3 years is going to be very fun :allears:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Niners signed Jeff Locke to a one-year deal and Raheem Mostert signed a one-year exclusive rights tender.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Coldforge posted:

I don’t expect much from him this year, but even still, watching Sherman play against the Seahawks for the next 2-3 years is going to be very fun :allears:

I actually legit want to see him pick Wilson.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Yeah, I don't like pff either, but I'm grasping at anything to get me through the next few weeks.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Spoeank posted:

pff lol

Now tell me his madden OVR

Sad to say I know this but his max card in MUT is a 91 and I think it can get traded in with some seahawks specific grinding poo poo to get a 92 and some special ability. There's a slight chance he gets a new one soon because they're basically raising the level limit on the game gradually right now and introducing a lot of 96+ cards. Kam just got a new 96 ovr card.

dont even fink about it posted:

Same, I wanna know how that knowledge game plays out but I bet he just plain doesn't throw to his side at any point that matters.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

dont even fink about it posted:

This without a doubt will happen in like the Seahawks first offensive series with him in the line-up, i am prepsring my mind to be ok with that, my body is ready.

The question is will Doug Baldwin be the target cause that will make me sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21

EmbryoSteve posted:

This without a doubt will happen in like the Seahawks first offensive series with him in the line-up, i am prepsring my mind to be ok with that, my body is ready.

The question is will Doug Baldwin be the target cause that will make me sad.

Sherman is going to kill the seahawks and make them regret cutting him, guaranteed.

• Locked thread