Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Interrupting Deftones chat because Demilich is touring the eastern US (and Chicago and New Orleans) with Artificial Brain and Blood Incantation!!!

my god, that is an almost perfect lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Honestly I don't get the hype for AB but I'm willing to see if they have a different effect live

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Interrupting Deftones chat because Demilich is touring the eastern US (and Chicago and New Orleans) with Artificial Brain and Blood Incantation!!!

gently caress yeah!

The this is how you write tech death without sounding like a computer tour

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Ryan Van Poederooyen (drummer from Devin Townsend Band & Devin Townsend Project) is getting a bunch of other folks from DTB/DTP/SYL together for a new band

So far it's him on drums + Byron Stroud on bass + Brian 'Beav' Waddell & Jed Simon on guitar. Singer to be announced on Wednesday, band name on Friday

Should be interesting!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
holy gently caress, Demilich in Miami! what are the odds of that

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

kumba posted:

Ryan Van Poederooyen (drummer from Devin Townsend Band & Devin Townsend Project) is getting a bunch of other folks from DTB/DTP/SYL together for a new band

So far it's him on drums + Byron Stroud on bass + Brian 'Beav' Waddell & Jed Simon on guitar. Singer to be announced on Wednesday, band name on Friday

Should be interesting!

mark my words it's phil anselmo lol

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

kumba posted:

Should be interesting!
Hey, that sounds neat!

Dyna Soar posted:

Okay, less excited now.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i'm joking, i have no idea. just tried to think of the most underwhelming front man in the year 2018

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I am so incredibly jealous of anyone who can make it to those shows, and preemptively despise anyone who could but doesn't.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dyna Soar posted:

i'm joking, i have no idea. just tried to think of the most underwhelming front man in the year 2018
TBF, any metal front man (and even a good chunk of frontmen/frontwomen/soloists from other genres) would seem underwhelming compared to Devin Townsend. Dude knows how to raise the motherfucking roof.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

il_cornuto posted:

I am so incredibly jealous of anyone who can make it to those shows, and preemptively despise anyone who could but doesn't.

it's 2 hours away from me on a tuesday. debatable

Dyna Soar posted:

no way RVP would have anything to do with anselmo after all the controversy i dont think

i'm kinda hoping it's anneke but we'll see

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

kumba posted:

no way RVP would have anything to do with anselmo after all the controversy i dont think

eh, maybe not. i have no idea about how sensitive RVP is to bullshit controversy, but anselmo's got that band with guys from cattle decapitation and pig destroyer so he's not considered a full blown pariah. yet.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Nucleus are opening in Chicago hell yeah

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Dyna Soar posted:

eh, maybe not. i have no idea about how sensitive RVP is to bullshit controversy, but anselmo's got that band with guys from cattle decapitation and pig destroyer so he's not considered a full blown pariah. yet.

RVP's big side gig is being a motivational speaker and talks a lot about health and fitness and "oneness" and that kinda hippy stuff, somehow i doubt he and phil would get along very well but who knows

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

kumba posted:

RVP's big side gig is being a motivational speaker and talks a lot about health and fitness and "oneness" and that kinda hippy stuff, somehow i doubt he and phil would get along very well but who knows

maybe he can heal poor old phil

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

He tried to claim that saying "white power" was an inside joke because he'd been drinking white wine. He's a racist and too cowardly to own it, I wouldn't call that "bullshit controversy".

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

il_cornuto posted:

He tried to claim that saying "white power" was an inside joke because he'd been drinking white wine. He's a racist and too cowardly to own it, I wouldn't call that "bullshit controversy".

eh, i disagree because he made a tearful apology the day after, something a "real" racist probably would not do, disowning racism and looking genuinely upset over what had happened (or the aftermath, who knows). i think he's just a stupid meathead who's used to making crude and stupid jokes on any subject and hasn't quite grasped that it's not the 90s anymore, seth putnam is dead and no one finds dead baby jokes funny. i know a lot of metalheads like him, who think it's hilarious to do the nazi salute when they're drunk. then when they're confronted with it, they'll deny being racist because they probably actually don't think they are, despite their actions.

that said, the guy is an idiot and i wouldn't want to be on the same band either.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

kumba posted:

Should be interesting!

Holy poo poo I'm so down for this.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/metaltxt/status/973246531590438912

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dyna Soar posted:

no one finds dead baby jokes funny.
A few days ago I re-watched an old Patton Oswalt special and he made a dead baby joke. I laughed but felt terrible for doing so. Am I doomed? :ohdear:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

joylessdivision posted:

Holy poo poo I'm so down for this.

me too my friend, me too :hfive:

Apparently he was on Johannes from Avatar's first interview in his brand new podcast talking about the future, so... maybe it's him? That could be cool, I dig his voice

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Nucleus are opening in Chicago hell yeah

i got this notification on my facebook and i dont remember where i heard nucleus from.

is someone from this thread in the band?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

kumba posted:

Should be interesting!

kumba posted:

I'm kinda hoping it's anneke but we'll see
That would be amazing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i got this notification on my facebook and i dont remember where i heard nucleus from.

is someone from this thread in the band?

Yeah they have a goon frontman.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Stay Safe posted:

also can we please stop treating pirate metal like it's not a real genre or that it is primarily targeted for children. It deserves its own place in the metalsphere. Thanks.

This is a superb troll post

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Parachute posted:

everyone should go see this if you can because i dont even know what to say other than this is an insane lineup

I don't know any of those bands but I do like how the poster could be seen to go most legible to least depending on how you read.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

kumba posted:

Should be interesting!

Wark Say posted:

TBF, any metal front man (and even a good chunk of frontmen/frontwomen/soloists from other genres) would seem underwhelming compared to Devin Townsend. Dude knows how to raise the motherfucking roof.

This sounds awesome but if it gives me the vibe of DTP minus Devin, I don’t know. That might end up severely lacking. I hope it’s good because he’s one of my favorite drummers. Everyone else is top notch too. That project + whatever Devin is coming out with soon could be a nice combo.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Would be p. loving funny if the secret frontman is devin townsend

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jeremy_X posted:

I don't know any of those bands but I do like how the poster could be seen to go most legible to least depending on how you read.

Look at this guy who doesn't know Demilich! Everyone point and laugh at this guy who doesn't know Demilich!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Kilometers Davis posted:

This sounds awesome but if it gives me the vibe of DTP minus Devin, I don’t know. That might end up severely lacking. I hope it’s good because he’s one of my favorite drummers. Everyone else is top notch too. That project + whatever Devin is coming out with soon could be a nice combo.
well Jed doesn't do prog so this should probably be good. I'm guessing it might be more on the thrashy side?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

me, a connoisseur of burp ‘n’ roll

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Varg posted:

well Jed doesn't do prog so this should probably be good. I'm guessing it might be more on the thrashy side?

I was hoping prog but I’m so down for something thrashy

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

joem83 posted:

The red wine and sage was hippie nonsense but dammit, Wolves in the Throne Room sounded amazing. Great show.

they sounded like a bassy sack of poo poo in portland. like, extremely heavy on bass and nothing else. it was pretty sad.

enslaved, on the other hand, sounded loving unreal

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I don’t get Enslaved. People love ‘em, but eh...

Though I’d preemptively post this since you’re all probably wondering how I felt about them.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

I don’t get Enslaved. People love ‘em, but eh...

Though I’d preemptively post this since you’re all probably wondering how I felt about them.

Well i was,but now im disapointed.you have failed me again Dadbod.
Anyways everyone knows that the superior genre is beer metal and the superior band is tankard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5tbtjYh7Bs

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Guillermo Calero the extremely loving good drummer of Wormed passed away. 27 years old. drat.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

I don’t get Enslaved.

that's good though isn't it, unless you want to be someone's property

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I’m listening to Dragged Into Sunlight for the first time and it’s...not what I expected. I was lead to believe they were slow, drawn out sludge like Indian or something. This first album kicks rear end regardless.

I guess they changed pretty drastically on the second one?

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 13, 2018

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

I’m listening to Dragged Into Sunlight for the first time and it’s...not what I expected. I was lead to believe they were slow, drawn out sludge like Indian or something. This first album kicks rear end regardless.

I guess they changed pretty drastically on the second one?

with that name i just assumed they sounded like wolfshirts in the dorm room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

wolfshirts in the dorm room

hello thread title