Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Congrats to The Jackal on her Oscar win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Congrats to The Jackal on her Oscar win.

If anyone isn't sure what he means, he's talking about The Jackal.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gillian jacobs officially over comedy bang bang

Unmature
May 9, 2008

cams posted:

She's probably busy shooting Diet Coke commercials

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Love it when a guest comes in with the thinnest of dumb premises and it actually turns out really... solid.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Marvin Phelps, The Chief, MC Sugarbutt, and now Bashford

Carl Tart can do no wrong.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I think Claudia's mom may be hiding something

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
New No-No: WATCH SEINFELD

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

cams posted:

gilly nooooooo :(

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

...I just now got that you're geologists and you're singing "Solid as a Rock'".

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Well, one of them was.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Scott...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgHJS_fnNxi/?taken-by=iamkulap

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
bad hatterman

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Longsleeve under a shortsleeve shirt is a great move all turn of the century fat guys will recognize.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I didn’t realize there were two pictures at first. That second one is even more atrocious.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sex Haverman

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I am rapidly discovering that I do not like R.E.M.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Unmature posted:

Saw this on the Earwolf reddit the other day. Spot on.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don’t know some of the people on today’s episode, but Courtney Parouso did a bit with Scott during the marathon pardcast and it was incredible.

Scott came on as an alternate universe telefon host and Jimmy left the stage. He then announced the winner of a raffle to win a date with him, which Courtney’s Floridian character wins thinking it’s a cash prize. She then proceeds to pull a gun on him and forces him to poo poo his pants, which he does to reveal a ring inside of it and proposes.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Unmature posted:

you better change your username to unmature to uncool

Unmature
May 9, 2008

GoutPatrol posted:

you better change your username to unmature to uncool

I'm hoping I'll like their later stuff more!

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

R.E.M. deserve better.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
They deserve the electric chair.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Adam: "Like, these guys had these songs... it's so impressive, like this is just them recording what they have."
Scott: "So, a demo."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo Engineer Cody Cody is leaving. End of an era :(

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Holy poo poo Engineer Cody Cody is leaving. End of an era :(

RIP earwolf

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Cody was always a non-entity to me. Brett is the only engineer I care to hear talk on mic.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
You don't remember engineer Cody, you know, the one who's a loving problem?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

he's leaving to launch Grease Knows Eggs. it's fine

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Matt Lindland posted:

You don't remember engineer Cody, you know, the one who's a loving problem?

oh god, was that a HH episode or one where the boys were on CBB?

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

That's from the HH appearance on CBB where they wrote a screenplay about earwolf where hayes has sex with his daughter. I think their first one.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

CBB: The Movie

"She does it."

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Matt Lindland posted:

That's from the HH appearance on CBB where they wrote a screenplay about earwolf where hayes has sex with his daughter. I think their first one.

Every time I read a straightforward description of HH or one of their bits, I get the feeling I'd like it a lot. But something about the show, or maybe the guys themselves, just kinda puts me off.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

I don't care for HH personally but I think they're both very funny and enjoyed their CBB appearances.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SpacePig posted:

Every time I read a straightforward description of HH or one of their bits, I get the feeling I'd like it a lot. But something about the show, or maybe the guys themselves, just kinda puts me off.
before i gave up on trying to get anyone in my life to listen to podcasts i enjoy, one of my closest friends tried hollywood handbook and his complaint was "it sounds like they're smirking all the time."

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

I wish I liked it as much as everyone else does. It's still pretty funny, and the episodes get funnier as the show grows. The boys sneaking the REM show away from the horrible money-obsessed Aukerman as a power-move is one of the funniest episodes of an Earwolf show this year (so far). They're so sneaky. Hee hee hee.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I felt the same way about HH at first. I must admit though that I've grown to like it a lot over the past year or two. I'd say find a recent episode with a guest you like and give it another shot.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I was pretty resistant to HH and the boys until they were on CBB. Then I went back and listened to the first PFT episode and it clicked for me. Now, maybe more than any other podcast, it does not matter who the guest is. I get at least one huge belly laugh out of every episode. I have a buddy who listens to CBB and I convinced him to listen to that PFT episode of HH and he gave up because it was "too much".

Honestly it's probably currently my favorite podcast, although I still think the peak of UTU2TM is my all-time favorite.

Edit: I donno if I've ever laughed as hard at a podcast as on the semi-recent HH with Lauren Lapkus where Sean's digging on Raised by TV and says he has this "super cool and unique thing about my childhood where I was into all the most popular poo poo". Then on a later episode he praises their fans for being smart enough to know that female guests don't get the show, while very obviously talking about Lauren Lapkus. This is the kind of poo poo that is impossible to explain to other people.

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 20, 2018

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Seaniqua posted:

I was pretty resistant to HH and the boys until they were on CBB. Then I went back and listened to the first PFT episode and it clicked for me. Now, maybe more than any other podcast, it does not matter who the guest is. I get at least one huge belly laugh out of every episode. I have a buddy who listens to CBB and I convinced him to listen to that PFT episode of HH and he gave up because it was "too much".

"Does the F in Paul F. Tompkins stand for Fuckmachine?" is one of the best gags from their first year. The first PFT ep and the Brian Huskey episode where they read Huskey's screenplay are hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Franchescanado posted:

"Does the F in Paul F. Tompkins stand for Fuckmachine?" is one of the best gags from their first year. The first PFT ep and the Brian Huskey episode where they read Huskey's screenplay are hilarious.

Teen Pope is seriously one of the best screenplays ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmBHitRhGjI