Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Autism Sneaks posted:

Lurdiak "I have more sympathy for rich whites than poor blacks" Q. Bleedingheart

For posterity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dang 2slow 2report

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Autism Sneaks posted:

e: too on the nose lol

Yeah making wild assumptions is pretty "on the nose lol"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's true, if one person has it worse than you you basically don't have any problems at all

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Clearly not a lot of perusers of old E/N itt, wow

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Autism Sneaks posted:

Be honest, the only reason any of you give a poo poo that this rich dude is being cannibalized by the same ecosystem of parasites that every other gormless person with more than seven figures to their name gets stuck in is because newspaper Spider-Man still delivers

Well, seems like a legit reason to me.

Ultimately none of the people scamming Lee and his family are Robin Hoods stealing from him to somehow make him pay for his past sins. It's not like the Hero Initiative wakes up with a million-dollar check on the doorstop. They're dicks. And Stan Lee has been a dick, sure. But even if we did have the cause and the means to punish him, it's a little late for it to be meaningful. What, he has a worse few final years of life? What would that accomplish?

also sympathy for one person does not prelude sympathy for another strange but true

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

As Chris Sims notes in the column linked above, even if all Stan Lee did was keep Spider-Man from being an Objectivist Randian Superman, that in and of itself is pretty damned great.

It's also extremely worth reading the Sean Howe book Sims refers to throughout the column. It's a great read, and it makes it pretty clear that Stan was, yes, a cutthroat, self-promoting rear end in a top hat and also, yes, a PR genius and a guy who was working as hard as he could to avoid having to lay off all his friends and co-workers when the industry went through lean cycles. And that's on top of a few stories that don't exactly make Kirby come off much better than Stan.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Teenage Fansub posted:

For posterity.

I don't know what it is about me that draws the FYAD rejects out here to embarrass themselves.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Your sense of self-importance is more embarrassing than anything I could post, try as I might

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Autism Sneaks posted:

Your sense of self-importance is more embarrassing than anything I could post, try as I might

Oh, I don't know, you're doing pretty well so far.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The username's already embarrassing enough, honestly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

New costumes for the not-Fantastic Four in tomorrow's Marvel Two-In-One

https://valerioschiti.tumblr.com/post/171832273728/new-costumes-for-ben-johnny-and-rachina-you

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cheung is already off the book?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He only did the first two issues. I have no idea what they're doing as their long-term plan.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Goodness I love how Schiti draws Ben Grimm.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

He only did the first two issues. I have no idea what they're doing as their long-term plan.

God drat it, he was announced as doing 1-6 but since i don't have access to the retailer portal i can't find the release.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
drat I love that look for Thing.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Why does Ben look like he sorta has a beer gut? Can't say I'm feeling the Josh Trankesque FF suits.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It's clearly called Two in One why are there three members

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

They're going to change the name to Marvel Two Plus One.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Jiro posted:

Why does Ben look like he sorta has a beer gut? Can't say I'm feeling the Josh Trankesque FF suits.

He's an ageing New Yorker I'd be surprised if he didn't have a beer gut.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Because all the alliterative adjectives to put in front of Three were rejected.

The Thrilling Three
The Throbbing Three
The Thrustacular Three

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Spectacular Spider-Man approach to time travel

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sinners Sandwich posted:

She’s not a member. Johnny’s powers are all hosed up right now and her schtick is that she fixes people’s powers. She’s tagging along for now for reasons I already forgot.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Does Rachina mean anything?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

She’s not a member. Johnny’s powers are all hosed up right now and her schtick is that she fixes people’s powers. She’s tagging along for now for reasons I already forgot.

If you notice, the highlights on her suit are orange, and Ben & Johnny have blue, plus they have the 4 on their shoulders.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

howe_sam posted:

The Spectacular Spider-Man approach to time travel

It seriously is. Jesus.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
He says pretty early on in the issue that it isnt his past, its an alternate one that was similar enough for what they needed to do. That said, I'd be totally down for them to check back in with this particular Peter and see how all the changes would have on his life with all the stuff like Jameson telling himself to take it easy on Parker. Also Jameson's bit of remorse after realizing how young peter was when he started all the craziness was a great moment.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Last Issue, Doom cam right out and said he fixed a 'glitch' in his time platform so that anything done when traveling will not effect the present, so go hog wild.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I am missing one thing, then: what exactly are they thinking of doing in this past that'll let them fix the future?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

enigmahfc posted:

Last Issue, Doom cam right out and said he fixed a 'glitch' in his time platform so that anything done when traveling will not effect the present, so go hog wild.

That's dumb, that wasn't a glitch, it was a feature. Doom had the only actual time machine, every other method really only sent you to, or created, an alternate dimension.

You aren't going to convince me that The Thing becoming the actual historical Black Beard was the result of a time machine not being fully functional.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I am missing one thing, then: what exactly are they thinking of doing in this past that'll let them fix the future?

There's a robot in Tinkerer's garage that does something that kicks this all off, they need to find out what it was.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

This is the best issue of Zdarsky's Spectacular I've read yet. It's so satisfying to watch the heroes do all these common sense time travel things without the writing wringing its hands over, "oh no, but the butterfly effect!".

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

good day for a bris posted:

There's a robot in Tinkerer's garage that does something that kicks this all off, they need to find out what it was.

Ah, okay, gotcha.

Anyways, I loved the issue, and so did Marvel!

https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/973996751194591232
https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/974000146672443394

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

What's his third book going to be?

And people can still do creator owned poo poo with Image under exclusive contracts, right? Because I doubt Matt Fraction wants to publish Sex Crims with Icon.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Skwirl posted:

You aren't going to convince me that The Thing becoming the actual historical Black Beard was the result of a time machine not being fully functional.

I just re-read that issue and it still owns.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

pubic works project posted:

I just re-read that issue and it still owns.

It really loving does.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

enigmahfc posted:

Wait, seriously? That's not fixing anything, that's one hell of a downgrade! It's even a plot point in Squirrel-Girl, where Doom rolls his eyes at all those other inferior time machines that can't actually affect the timeline.

Which book was this on, anyway?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.newsarama.com/39060-x-23-returns-in-new-series-for-marvel-s-fresh-start.html

going back to X-23 after an entire book of "I hate being called X-23 it's a designation from an evil government lab I don't want anything to do with it anymore" is loving lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Man I wonder how Tom felt after that meeting

• Locked thread