Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

HardDiskD posted:

what the gently caress are ropes

Nevermind, one of the sofas is half hanging out of the bed. No ropes or knots would have saved that.

And he STILL decided to hang onto it with one hand. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
This is a very interesting grill igniter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5uiupJQc9M

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Making two trips is for pussies.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Finest Chinese-sourced LiPo batteries right there.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
https://gfycat.com/SpiffyDisastrousGrasshopper

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

Making two trips is for pussies.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

So just how dangerous is that smoke?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

aphid_licker posted:

So just how dangerous is that smoke?

CO if you're lucky. Not totally sure what that thing's packing but some lithium batteries contain fluoride salts. Those turn into a great mechanism for delivery of HF into your lungs.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Hoverboard smoke. Don't breathe this.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
surf's up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKfU_lzEnWw

(a cargo ship passed)

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I was indescribably angry at the first 5 seconds of this video.

Depending on how deep that water is that guy near the shore is still in a phenomenal amount of danger.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

Depending on how deep that water is that guy near the shore is still in a phenomenal amount of danger.

At that point I think all you can do is sit on your ice block and wait for the tsunamiquake to pass. Even if the water's not deep enough to drown the little icebergs can crush your bones if you fall between them.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Vape hoverboards. gently caress speaking of OSHA, this jackass doctor at my hospital rides a segue around with his group of med students, like ON THE UNIT. And not just any segue, it's got no handle bar post, it's like a giant version of a lovely hoverboard. I have no clue why he does this or how he could possibly be allowed to, because it's clearly not an assistive device as it's super unsafe.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

LifeSunDeath posted:

Vape hoverboards. gently caress speaking of OSHA, this jackass doctor at my hospital rides a segue around with his group of med students, like ON THE UNIT. And not just any segue, it's got no handle bar post, it's like a giant version of a lovely hoverboard. I have no clue why he does this or how he could possibly be allowed to, because it's clearly not an assistive device as it's super unsafe.

These are actually useful for driving from one part of a conversation to another.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

This is purestrain comedy. I wish it had sound.

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

"Hoverboard vs. MRI", coming to a hospital near you!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

LifeSunDeath posted:

Isn't the brand "segway" or did someone make an offshoot to complete the circle

(I knew about segways before I'd ever heard/read the word segue, and I thought the latter was pronounced "sayhg" for quite awhile. Finding out it was actually segway felt on par with finding out a fun word was actually pronounced "pissfart", I felt robbed)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

NoneMoreNegative posted:

These are actually useful for driving from one part of a conversation to another.

I chuckled.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

minato posted:

Just imagine Yakkity Sax.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I really feel like this isn't as inherently dangerous as it appears at first glance. Unless that wall or fencing moves, he should be fine.... right? :ohdear:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I mean yeah he's fine unless, in the course of the work he's doing, he somehow accidentally jostles the ladder slightly out of position or causes it to rotate a few degrees, but that is surely so unlikely that we can simply discard the possibility

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Zipperelli. posted:

I really feel like this isn't as inherently dangerous as it appears at first glance. Unless that wall or fencing moves, he should be fine.... right? :ohdear:

There's plenty of ladders that have basically zero strength once you start applying loads laterally to them as opposed to parallel or sub-parallel to their length. They have warnings on them that say things like "never use as a platform". I know the load in this one isn't quite perpendicular, but it's getting there.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zipperelli. posted:

would you try it?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Blast of Confetti posted:

would you try it?

I'm gonna say yes, being that the situation isn't actually happening right in front of me.

If it were, I'd probably take a step back and give it a good long thought.

Also, never really thought about the possibility that the ladder could crumple in the middle and fold like a greeting card and drop. So probably not.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zipperelli. posted:

I'm gonna say yes, being that the situation isn't actually happening right in front of me.

If it were, I'd probably take a step back and give it a good long thought.

Also, never really thought about the possibility that the ladder could crumple in the middle and fold like a greeting card and drop. So probably not.

I'd be more worried about getting the wobblies, kicking the ladder out sideways, and busting my rear end

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Please stow your dead dog in the overhead compartment: United Airlines is clinging hard to its terrible image.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

I mean yeah he's fine unless, in the course of the work he's doing, he somehow accidentally jostles the ladder slightly out of position or causes it to rotate a few degrees, but that is surely so unlikely that we can simply discard the possibility

Also just getting onto the ladder while holding tools poses its very own hazards.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

russia.mpg?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpkZHbeFqUs

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

or fencing moves

have you been to an apartment complex built more than 10 years ago lately?

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Please stow your dead dog in the overhead compartment: United Airlines is clinging hard to its terrible image.

I swore off ever flying United years ago and man I have not once ever regretted that decision.

Poor doggie. :smith:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

minato posted:

The only youtube copy I could find was on the Daily Mail's channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFXFpy-p900

Sometimes the bamboo falls off the other way, in the middle of traffic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oAlAogk72Q&t=5s

Note that when bamboo delivery guys do this it's usually on purpose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jpg_KvJWL0

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 14, 2018

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Synthbuttrange posted:

It was alive when the flight steward forced them to put it up there, it suffocated during the flight. Note that UA's policy is that pets in small carry on crates should be stowed underneath the seat in front of you
http://abcnews.go.com/US/dog-dies-united-flight-overhead-bin-airline-confirms/story?id=53718599

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 14, 2018

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It was alive when the flight steward forced them to put it up there, it suffocated during the flight. Note that UA's policy is that pets in small carry on crates should be stowed underneath the seat in front of you
http://abcnews.go.com/US/dog-dies-united-flight-overhead-bin-airline-confirms/story?id=53718599

Apparently it was in a loving covered bag because the flight attendand got the shits when they eventually told there was a dog in there.
I blame dumb people and poor communication skills.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's a picture of the dog in the article, and they did it a favor.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Pug people are the worst in my limited experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion