Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Wasn’t the Celek news expected? I was expecting it at least.

He was a great player though. I’m glad we finally got him a ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Paul Richardson is going to Washington.

Yay? I guess? It's about as exciting as getting Alex Smith.

Do not commit blasphemy against the Supergenius.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/973570470808301568
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/973569530780844032

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

very stable genius posted:

Wasn’t the Celek news expected? I was expecting it at least.

He was a great player though. I’m glad we finally got him a ring

Frankly he looked like crap this past season, but he was great for a long time. I used to love watching him run after the catch, knocking people over and jumping over them.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Celek's entire body of work for a solid six years was:

1) catch ball
2) get absolutely demolished

Dude was great. I'm glad he got a ring, because he sure as hell earned it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He was in the game for blocking afaict.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Should have retired Celek

Thanks for the memories

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Him hurdling Ed Reed was really cool

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles just restructured Brooks to save another $5 million lol

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
lol @ Eagles fans acting like a bunch of necessary, routine restructures are "cap wizardry"

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
You guys just jelly

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Cowboys fans laughing at anyone this off season is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/973633231953174529

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

lol @ Eagles fans acting like a bunch of necessary, routine restructures are "cap wizardry"

Howie Roseman just won GM of the year and built a team in 2 offseasons that won a Superbowl with their backup quarterback.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon posted:

TheChirurgeon posted:

I love how quickly Eagles fans swung from talking about how Carson Wentz is an MVP QB who elevates the team (unlike noted 'only good because of team around him' QB Prescott) to talking about how Wentz is easily replaced by Nick Foles and the Eagles' team is too good to be hurt by the loss of Wentz.

For the record, I think the drop-off is pretty dire. Foles' only good performance was against the hapless Giants in a road game that felt more like a home game. Even with that game bolstering his stats, he's significantly less accurate with a major dropoff in yards per attempt compared to Wentz. The Eagles may still beat the Falcons, but it won't be because of Nick Foles' ability to step up and be a great quarterback after years of mediocrity.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Howie Roseman just won GM of the year and built a team in 2 offseasons that won a Superbowl with their backup quarterback.

That's a real meaningful award too
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-gm-jerry-jones-named-nfl-executive-of-the-year-by-pfwa/

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 14, 2018

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Yeah, I was wrong about foles--he played better than anyone expected. But he's not so great that fans in here don't want to trade him? And maybe about Wentz, and the team's talent league-best level was just so good that it didn't matter as much who was under center.

e: but uh, if we're playing that game:

NotWearingPants posted:

For the record, I don't think they will fire Pederson if he loses, I mean I think they should. He's had plenty of time to put together 60 or so plays that Foles can run, especially when around half of them will be running plays. If he can't make a decent showing against the Falcons with a mediocre QB like Foles, at least enough to let the defense win the game, how can one make the argument that all of his success isn't due to Carson Wentz?

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 14, 2018

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon posted:

e: but uh, if we're playing that game:

I stand by that, and I was proven right. The Eagles were obviously good enough to beat the Falcons. They had a Super Bowl Champion caliber roster.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

NotWearingPants posted:

I stand by that, and I was proven right. The Eagles were obviously good enough to beat the Falcons. They had a Super Bowl Champion caliber roster.

you were unequivocally wrong! Pederson is a good coach, and firing him would have been an incredibly stupid move even if the Eagles had lost to the Falcons. It wasn't a decent offensive showing, either--the Eagles won a defensive slugfest that came down to the wire.

e:

NotWearingPants posted:

I was calling him "interim coach Doug Pederson" from the day he was hired. Yes, he won me over somewhat with wins, but I think it's reasonable to analyze his performance and question whether he's the best coach to lead this team in the future.

How many wins did Carson Wentz pull out of his rear end with crazy plays that few other QBs could have made? That's not coaching. That's QB talent.

And the "It wouldn't be fair to Doug" argument is meaningless to me. Would it be fair? No. But who cares? gently caress Doug Pederson. The team and the city owe him nothing. They gave him an incredible opportunity that nobody else would have ever given to him.

Ask yourself this: If the Eagles did fire him, do you think anyone else would give him a head coaching job? You're lying to yourself if you think they would. I doubt he'd get an OC job, which he only had in KC thanks to some classic Andy Reid nepotism. So yeah, if you have a coach that just won 13 games and he probably couldn't get another job in the NFL above the level of position coach, then I think it would be folly if you didn't replace him if the right candidate was available.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 14, 2018

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

You're both dumbasses and post like PFTcommenter without the irony

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

no, Chir is right. NWP is one of three posters on this entire site I have blocked because he's an unequivocal dumbshit with worthless opinions and no thoughts or insights into any topic subject to human discourse worth explicating

e: I've changed my mind. actually Chir is wrong for quoting him because I accidentally read some of his nonsense

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

no, Chir is right. NWP is one of three posters on this entire site I have blocked because he's an unequivocal dumbshit with worthless opinions and no thoughts or insights into any topic subject to human discourse worth explicating

e: I've changed my mind. actually Chir is wrong for quoting him because I accidentally read some of his nonsense

You're an idiot,

indigi posted:

I'm still not totally sold on Wentz, his mechanics are still medium garbage, he's still not terribly accurate, his deep ball is still bad. I feel like he's a frankenstein of Bortles and Alex Smith

who wrote that in response to one of my post this season, so I guess you haven't had me blocked for very long.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
should I do it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
No one cares who the gently caress you block

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Jota posted:

No one cares who the gently caress you block

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
ugh... I'll, uh.... see myself out

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Play posted:

ugh... I'll, uh.... see myself out

don't do it, you have so much to live for.

quote:

:suicide:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

incompetent posted:

don't do it, you have so much to live for.

Pfft, you don't know that. :colbert:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
i've got my dead gay internet football club at the very least

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Washington fans are so so so bitter Kirk doesn't want to take them to prom this year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles resigned Bradham 👍🏻👍🏻

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
It feels comforting to know it is now officially another offseason where Mychael Kendricks is on the trade market

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Block lists are for the weak.

El Patron posted:

This is extremely the content I crave.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
e: wow cool double post

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

Jota posted:

It feels comforting to know it is now officially another offseason where Mychael Kendricks is on the trade market

I like him as well, yet he's always seems to be in the shop window and there's never much interest.

Is this the last year of his deal ?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

El Patron posted:

I like him as well, yet he's always seems to be in the shop window and there's never much interest.

Is this the last year of his deal ?

No, he's signed through 2019. I think the Eagles save around $4 million if they cut him (salary - dead money hit).

The lack of a deal in the past may have been from his subpar play and the fact that the Eagles kind of needed him as their #3 so their asking price was probably higher than his value. But this past season he played better and the Eagles have now signed Corey Nelson who could probably fill that #3 role, so it may be easier to find a trade partner.

I think he gets moved soon, like in the next week or two.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

El Patron posted:

---Giants fans, circa 2011

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I just saw some Dallas fan on Facebook call Philly the Sheagles lol.

Wait Athanatos is gonna probe me again I take it back!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I don't think Suh is going to get a ton of snaps. I think they mostly brought him in to stomp on Ezekial Elliott's knee.

edit: I misread a thread on another forum (Slack actually) and thought the signing of Ngata was referencing Suh.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I just saw some Dallas fan on Facebook call Philly the Sheagles lol.

Typical Cowgirls fan.

Seriously though, I see/hear Cowgirls, Foreskins and Vagiants all the time. Technically Sheagles and Cowgirls are the worst because they use femininity as an insult. See also: Sheli Manning... ugh... But I find Vagiants particularly grating because it doesn't even work - it doesn't even sound like vagina.

I give Foreskins a pass because penises are funny.

• Locked thread