Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Some weeks are easy, some are a little challenging. Or you can face tank it with 3 other bros needing it too and get it done first time every time.

Tough to find people on EU, especially when you're coming back in late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

You can probably find the "Ultimate Evil" edition of the game disc in a game shop for dirt cheap but you will be stuck buying the $15 necro expansion digitally. Still a far cry cheaper than 60 for the digital bundle.

edit: All the "Eternal" bundle really is is the Ultimate Evil (base game) + Necro Expansion

It's even cheaper when you buy less than 7 copies

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Three of the most (sexually) active posters in this thread are Xbone Players

It’s so, so great that you guys found something else to do with each other besides video games all day.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Welp I finally got my bell monk dude fully kitted and crushed a GR75 Hardore rift in 4 minutes, now I'm at the part of the game that makes me want to kill myself aka running bounties for reroll mats to get ancients and leveling gems for ancient augments

I wish the feeling of progress at this point didn't take a huge nosedive in terms of pace and activities needed :negative:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Just do yourself a favor and stop playing until next season once you finish the season journey.

Or make a new character, or play hardcore, or whatever.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Welp I finally got my bell monk dude fully kitted and crushed a GR75 Hardore rift in 4 minutes, now I'm at the part of the game that makes me want to kill myself aka running bounties for reroll mats to get ancients and leveling gems for ancient augments

I wish the feeling of progress at this point didn't take a huge nosedive in terms of pace and activities needed :negative:

My Hardcore sunwuko monk beat a 91grift last season with no augments :smuggo:

Perhaps you should get good, sempai

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
But your next goal should be to put together a support monk. My support Barbarian is ready, and smallpox is a witch doctor and Uber is a crusader. That four man should be able to push greater Rifts well into 100

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

It's even cheaper when you buy less than 7 copies

You shut up you

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

How much does it actually take to be able to put together a support Barb/Monk?

Like do you need to have all ancient gear, 1000 Paragon and a bunch of augments to run with the level 100 Rat runs or can you get away with less?

I sort of decided to try and gear a support Barb, and I've levelled one, and Bloodshard rolled a bunch of gear, but realised:

I don't know how to play Barb
I don't know what the right/best build is
I don't know how good my gear needs to be for me to start being useful as a support.

I have some Raekor's stuff, I have the "Born's" weapon and chest set and the Bul'Kathos's weapon double set. I get enough shards from my DH that I should be able to get hold of any set easily enough and maybe a couple of ancients but I'm not sure how far I need to go with it.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 14, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can slap together a support barb in one afternoon, most of the required drops are very common and their individual stats are meaningless. The rarest pieces are probably Pride of Cassius and Band of Might, and even those aren't 100% required depending on what GR level you're doing.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

OK Yeah I have both of those already.

Which builds are good/best?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Dropaduski has got you covered. Rat runs in general explqined. Detailed zBarb breakdown for rat runs specifically.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Cool thanks, will watch those later when I'm at home.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
For your early equipment, the tl;dr is:
1 Rondal's Locket must have a +6 pickup radius
2 Your belt must have +6 to ignore pain, if yours doesn't cube it and wear the other
3 Leoric's Crown orange stat is more important than the affixes on it
4 You need +2 pickup radius on every not-gem/weapon equipped, even if it means leaving trash affixes on your gear
5 You can roll the damage affix off your weapons to stat-stick them with what you want

Positioning goes between and with the zNecro out in front of ykur ratters. You never leave the group and focus on picking up globes and maintaining as close to perfect IP uptime as possible. He actually explains it really well in the video so I'll just refer you to it instead of typing the rest out.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

The globe pickup is to grab the glory globes, and health globes (because they boost the glory effect) right?

Or is it just to complement some Necro skill?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Your two ratters are sacrificing all sustainability to balls out maximize damage potential. Their resource generation comes from health globe pick up by you, and the globes are constantly spawned by the zNecro who is keeping as close to 100% Land of the Dead uptime as possible, depending on how good their gear is. You getting the rift tokens is just a side perk.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Do most people end up soloing Ubers for their Hellfire amulets?

I never do them cause I'd save a lot by doing them with other people but I never see anyone doing them... should I just solo a ton of organs or something?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

There's probably a community for it. Just load up the communities interface and search for "uber" or "infernal". Or in EU there is just a "Rift it Forward" where people generally post stuff they can share with people, like puzzle rings, and get randoms in to join them. Sometimes you can also get people to come in with their own rings (or whatever) so it's mutually beneficial.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Mar 14, 2018

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Pick up the keys while doing bounties until you get a small stash of them and then pipe up either in LLJK or in a focused community that you have x keys to burn for t13 ubers. In a focused community, you should be able to find people who can match your keys, in LLJK you'll most likely just be able to fill a group.

Depending on where you are gear wise, you may just be able to solo them though and their craft drops are tied to game difficulty, not mf% so if you can do it quickly by yourself, just do it.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

WhatEvil posted:

There's probably a community for it. Just load up the communities interface and search for "uber" or "infernal". Or in EU there is just a "Rift it Forward" where people generally post stuff they can share with people, like puzzle rings, and get randoms in to join them. Sometimes you can also get people to come in with their own rings (or whatever) so it's mutually beneficial.

WhatEvil posted:

Maybe it's just how early it is now but there is absolutely no one in even the largest communities?

I've had great luck pubbing if there's a game mode tag for it but Ubers is the only one that doesn't.

I tried a T10 and it was a one-shot so I guess if T13 is easy solo I'll have to do it that way

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Yeah I don't know, I'm pretty well geared but to me the T13s don't seem any harder than T13 Belial or something but there are two bosses at once so you have to be a bit more careful about avoiding spammy attacks and stuff.

Try T13 and see if you can do it, worst case you waste a key.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I want to try em on my HC Invoker but I'm only at GR70 in my push build.

Primals, do they unlock for all my seasonal HC characters when I beat GR70, or just that one character? I remember the unlock is separated by seasons and hardcore/softcore.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

For just fast T13 rifting, what's better (more dmg?) for a last slot passive for DH: Ballistics or Steady Aim?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I can’t overstate the value of communities for HC play. There’s only like 10-15 HC PC goons anymore, but I’ve always got someone to play with because I joined all the HC communities.

zDPS Monk is way harder to gear than the zDPS Barb, but they are also cool.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

thechalkoutline posted:

For just fast T13 rifting, what's better (more dmg?) for a last slot passive for DH: Ballistics or Steady Aim?

If you're fast rifting then Shadow/Impale is the build you're most likely running? In that case the rockets don't really do any significant portion of damage, so Steady Aim will likely be better, I think.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Impale doesn't make use of Ballistics or Steady Aim so I'm guessing UE. It barely matters but I'd probably stick with Ballistics since for speedruns you're often rolling right into monsters and blowing them up point blank, no positioning required.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

big cummers ONLY posted:

Primals, do they unlock for all my seasonal HC characters when I beat GR70, or just that one character? I remember the unlock is separated by seasons and hardcore/softcore.

The unlocks are semi silo'd but apply to all characters in that silo once done

Non seasonal regular
Non seasonal HC
Seasonal regular
Seasonal HC

So to answer your question, yes, once you've done a single GR70 on a seasonal HC character all your seasonal HC characters will have access to the Primal loot pool in Torment difficulties.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The only three real riskybits for Ubers is the Diablo lazerbeam, Siegebreaker picking you up while in melee and in front of him, and Skeleton King anime teleporting behind you and gibbing you.

If you can survive a single round of those then you should be able to survive long enough to nope out if you feel over your head.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My support Barbarian is done and she is one sexy bitch with the awesome act 5 headcrab transmog for a helmet

The dudes I play with are only clearing grifts in the 70s though. At that range should I just be playing my DPS characters with them? Or will having support let them jump up a lot of levels?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Digital is $60 for some lol reason, but the disc (still in production, so not hard to find on Amazon or Gamestop) is $30.

Get that poo poo and start playing with us doggie

Three of the most (sexually) active posters in this thread are Xbone Players

I was able to get the base game used off Amazon for $16. I'll try it out and if I can see myself playing it for a while, I'll grab the Necro expansion.

Now to choose what class to play! :allears:

I'm thinking wizard so I can relive my sorceress D2 days.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

My support Barbarian is done and she is one sexy bitch with the awesome act 5 headcrab transmog for a helmet

The dudes I play with are only clearing grifts in the 70s though. At that range should I just be playing my DPS characters with them? Or will having support let them jump up a lot of levels?

I looked at my gear and I can probably crush 90+ with higher level gems. Also it's hardcore so I'm a pussy.

Also I have everything for support monk save illusory boots and the mats to cube the poo poo I have. Sometime next week when I get back from bumfuckistan I'll make the support monk.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I looked at my gear and I can probably crush 90+ with higher level gems. Also it's hardcore so I'm a pussy.

Also I have everything for support monk save illusory boots and the mats to cube the poo poo I have. Sometime next week when I get back from bumfuckistan I'll make the support monk.

Helllll yeah

Man, you should've joined me last night for my hour of running act 2 five times trying to get the drat boots

Current act materials are like 45 of each and 200 of act 2

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If you are doing rat runs with your zBarb then yes do them at any level so you guys can get a feel for how each role operates and get the polish in.

If it is another zBarb variant, and you feel confident in handling the build, then you rolling another DPS through the 70s and even kind of the 80s is generally more worth it.

A WW zBarb making GBS threads out group move speed buffs though can make a 4 minute run a sub 2:30 run, so can be useful if your group focuses on minimizing out of grift downtime.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There's not much of a point playing support in 70-80. Everyone should be able to just zerg dps stuff and clear the rift in 2-3 minutes. I feel like you could throw on run speed group buffs and still play damage.

Support barbs are really only useful in 2 groups. Rats from 95-105ish with the ww globe pick up build because the runs don't work without the damage reduction and globe pick up. And then as a pull barb for meta runs of 110+ where you are grouping mobs for huge pulls so you can use area damage to clear the grifts (this is one if the most fun builds in the game imo. Just charging around and chucking mobs everywhere).

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I have a DH and a Crusader and I'm trying to finish my last quest for the season, it's "All I Do Is Win". When I'm looking at my journey, for either my DH and my Crusader, it's the only quest not done. What do I need to do to finish it?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

obi_ant posted:

I have a DH and a Crusader and I'm trying to finish my last quest for the season, it's "All I Do Is Win". When I'm looking at my journey, for either my DH and my Crusader, it's the only quest not done. What do I need to do to finish it?

2 conquests. Look up what the seasonal conquests are in the achievements menu under seasonal I think. GR45 with no set items is an easy one, GR75 I think is another and Curses! is the other easy one (350 kills from a cursed chest - find cursed peat bounty on TX and bring a multishot DH in).

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Only P689 to get my second Unity. Whoo!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

bamhand posted:

Only P689 to get my second Unity. Whoo!

I'm closing in on 500 and have never gotten a single CoE. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Did a GR76 with my DH last night to make it on to the leader boards (like 9xx but still :v: Way fewer players). I might try out M4N6 to see how it plays but otherwise I should be wrapping up this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm closing in on 500 and have never gotten a single CoE. :v:

Dear lord!

Do you have a ton of DeffBreffs? Upgrade the poo poo out of some Rings and then take me to the Vault with you.