Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Allegheny will be counted, the other three won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Office Pig posted:

Simmer down Sparky

The only thing I have to do tonight is buy a food processor.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What the hell are the bumblefucks in the remaining Washington precincts doing?

I'm just going to pretend they tally votes in roman numerals and have to repeatedly look up how to do three digit numbers.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Hour posted:

Allegheny will be counted, the other three won't.

Crap, I didn't see that you specifically said Allegheny in my haste to make a joke about how those posts happened one on top of another :doh:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Niwrad posted:

Does this race really matter much? Aren't the districts changing in a few months anyway and both are running in different ones?

It matters for narrative, because this was a big Trump district.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
It's an R+20 gerrymandered bullshit district, and they're bragging about losing it by 700 votes. :laffo: :getout:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So Allegheny could have results by 11:30 or so

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Nothus posted:

It's an R+20 gerrymandered bullshit district, and they're bragging about losing it by 700 votes. :laffo: :getout:

And there was a multi million dollar ad blitz in the last week from team R and Trump campaigned here Sunday.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Fat Lowtax posted:

Driving their Ferraris around in Peters Township
Yeah those jagoffs loved to leave Allegheny County just far enough to not pay Allegheny taxes, but close enough that the commute to Pittsburgh isn't as godawful

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Wolf blitzer with some hard hitting journalism:

"Looks like this race could come down to absentee ballots!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is he loving it at the end?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Allegheny is done and Lamb gains another 55 votes.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://twitter.com/rachaelmbade/status/973748791928082432

:fuckoff:

She has more!

https://twitter.com/rachaelmbade/status/973751315456233473

And a touch of GOPanera:
https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/973746168780947457

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Alabama: Pedophile rapist loses

come on PA, make a war criminal lose

Even if Saccone loses, he’ll win the newly drawn PA-14 which he already announced he’s running in later this year. :sigh:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Much like them claiming Alabama was always a blue state, they're now going to claim that PA-18 was always a Blue District and I guess Santorum was actually a Democrat or something.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
rofl

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Angry_Ed posted:

Much like them claiming Alabama was always a blue state, they're now going to claim that PA-18 was always a Blue District and I guess Santorum was actually a Democrat or something.

Oh crap, the parties are going to reverse again.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

Niwrad posted:

Does this race really matter much? Aren't the districts changing in a few months anyway and both are running in different ones?

The GOP will do everything it can to halt redistricting until after the midterms.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Johnny Bravo posted:

"Wow!"

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mikemo Tyson posted:

The GOP will do everything it can to halt redistricting until after the midterms.

They can't do poo poo about it. PA Supreme Court already drew the new maps and the Sec. of State is a Dem. Those are the maps.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Lycus posted:

It matters for narrative, because this was a big Trump district.

I'm baffled by people asking why a dead heat in a Trump +20 matters. Like how broke brained do you have to be to not see how that matters? Democrats now have the green light to run hard everywhere. It doesn't matter to special cynical boys who are smarter than the rest, because they know that nothing matters.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Bravo posted:

:wow:

Someone spent money on the emote. Please use it :smith:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

axeil posted:

They can't do poo poo about it. PA Supreme Court already drew the new maps and the Sec. of State is a Dem. Those are the maps.

Additionally didn't the PA GOP try to take it to the US Supreme Court and got told to go pound sand?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Angry_Ed posted:

Additionally didn't the PA GOP try to take it to the US Supreme Court and got told to go pound sand?

By Alito, no less.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiffster posted:

Someone spent money on the emote. Please use it :smith:
someone spent money on the saccone campaign too

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Once again, yet another loving clear as day message to the Dems: RUN EVERYWHERE

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

paternity suitor posted:

I'm baffled by people asking why a dead heat in a Trump +20 matters. Like how broke brained do you have to be to not see how that matters? Democrats now have the green light to run hard everywhere. It doesn't matter to special cynical boys who are smarter than the rest, because they know that nothing matters.
It probably heralds a blue wave regardless, but a +20 swing ending in a narrow loss feels a lot worse than a +20 swing ending in a narrow win. And that feeds back into voter enthusiasm in subsequent races. So the difference does matter a bit.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Allegheny showing 100% now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The PA redistricting is happening, there’s nothing else that the GOP can do about it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Angry_Ed posted:

Now they are trying to impeach the PA Supreme Court judges

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

GOP in November if Blue Wave does end up happening

"Well of course they won. The historical trend is that the midterms always favor the party not currently in the white house. It's no big deal!"

Don't expect these idiots to ever admit even a little bit the real reason why they are losing special elections in districts that tend to lean heavily republican.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

paternity suitor posted:

As broke brained as you'd have to be to vote for trump in the first place. I'm sure there's a Harvard study somewhere declaring half of america stupid as gently caress.

Edit - misread your post too quick, I get what youre asking now

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

How pissed are Republicans gonna be at the Libertarian Party?

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

axeil posted:

I thought they were bringing a case to the federal Supreme Court challenging the PASC ruling? I've been out of the loop for the past couple weeks due to work.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

215,666 votes, 98% reporting (582 of 593 precincts)
Hail trailing digits satan

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

someone spent money on the saccone campaign too

:vince:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lycus posted:

How pissed are Republicans gonna be at the Libertarian Party?
It's just something the GOP chalks up to "well, can't yell at them without losing some racists" at this point, right?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mikemo Tyson posted:

I thought they were bringing a case to the federal Supreme Court challenging the PASC ruling? I've been out of the loop for the past couple weeks due to work.

they lost once already so unlikely they win now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The PA redistricting is happening, there’s nothing else that the GOP can do about it.

• Locked thread