Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I thought buttchugging earned you more nutrients than just drinking stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Samuringa posted:

I thought buttchugging earned you more nutrients than just drinking stuff?
carbonated farts

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Lol if you don't chug the finest pepsis out of Enrique's butt

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Lol if you don't chug the finest pepsis out of Enrique's butt

Enrique really deserves a raise.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

And a rinse.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

General Emergency posted:

I pour fizzy drinks into glasses because I'm not a barbarian. Also because that's where the vodka is.

No see what you do is open a bottle of coke, chug a quarter of it, fill it back up with vodka or rum, put the lid back on, invert it gently a few times, then go to fuckin town

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

You can day drink at your kids hockey game that way and no one will know

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Picnic Princess posted:

You can day drink at your kids hockey game that way and no one will know

Day drink like a pro and use Gatorade instead of coke, its got electrolytes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Picnic Princess posted:

No see what you do is open a bottle of coke, chug a quarter of it, fill it back up with vodka or rum, put the lid back on, invert it gently a few times, then go to fuckin town

Use 95% ABV Everclear. That way you'll really go to town.

Actually my current go-to "I don't care about being fancy" drink is Dr Pepper with a splash of Everclear. It helps me use it up since it's simply not possible to shoot straight.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

chitoryu12 posted:

It helps me use it up since it's simply not possible to shoot straight.

what

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

chitoryu12 posted:

It helps me use it up since it's simply not possible to shoot straight.

Dr Pepper may be uncomfortably fizzy, but a pro tip for sensitive palates is to let it settle and outgas a bit before doing shots.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Alcohol is considered a performance enhancing drug for trick shooting because it steadies your hands. Doubly so if you've got DTs.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

chitoryu12 posted:

Use 95% ABV Everclear. That way you'll really go to town.

Actually my current go-to "I don't care about being fancy" drink is Dr Pepper with a splash of Everclear. It helps me use it up since it's simply not possible to shoot straight.

I've brought that backpacking along with crystal lite pouches. Mix it up with some glacier water at camp and you have icy cold lightweight booze.

I've also carried camping fuel in one of these:

With a big skull and crossbones drawn on it in the hopes it would prevent strangers from drinking it if they stole our stuff.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Acute Grill posted:

Alcohol is considered a performance enhancing drug for trick shooting because it steadies your hands. Doubly so if you've got DTs.

Whet I think he's saying is that he uses Dr Pepper to dilute everclear because drinking it straight is deadly.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

BioEnchanted posted:

Whet I think he's saying is that he uses Dr Pepper to dilute everclear because drinking it straight is deadly.

Thanks for clarifying, for a second there I thought he was making a joke.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

Yeah, that's what it is. I took a shot of it once and it didn't go well.

You should know that you shouldn't be putting something in your mouth when the bottle is room temperature but the liquid is cold when it hits your tongue.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

BioEnchanted posted:

Nonsense, people drink straight Dr. Pepper all the time. :dadjoke:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Picnic Princess posted:

I've brought that backpacking along with crystal lite pouches. Mix it up with some glacier water at camp and you have icy cold lightweight booze.

I've also carried camping fuel in one of these:

With a big skull and crossbones drawn on it in the hopes it would prevent strangers from drinking it if they stole our stuff.

I've been assured you can drink camping fuel if you're real hard up. They're probably fine.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Len posted:

I've been assured you can drink camping fuel if you're real hard up. They're probably fine.

So long as you filter it, it's fine. Use burnt bread or charcoal fishtank filters

Source: Homeless dude we transported to the hospital :lol:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Len posted:

Oh, my stuff is methanol. If it was ethanol I wouldn't have cared so much.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

Oh, my stuff is methanol. If it was ethanol I wouldn't have cared so much.

Most (all?) alcohol camping fuel sold in stores is denatured so anyone pilfering from your backpacking kit is going to have to be REAL HARD UP to choke that down.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I wouldn't have marked the bottle as dangerous :evilbuddy:

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Zipperelli. posted:

So long as you filter it, it's fine. Use burnt bread or charcoal fishtank filters

Source: Homeless dude we transported to the hospital :lol:

I'm working my way through the backlog of the PYF Dangerous Chemistry thread, and this topic came up right about where I am in the backlog. General thread consensus is that the myth that bread in any form can filter methanol is likely bullshit, though an actual experiment is needed. Still, I wouldn't trust my eyesight to a loaf of burnt bread.

For the interested, the discussion starts here:

Phanatic posted:

Okay, so in WWII a lot of American torpedoes were powered by a tiny little steam turbine engine burning 180-proof ethanol as fuel. Since you can't put a bunch of tanks of high-proof booze on a Navy ship without the crew drinking it all, this was denatured with methanol.

But as there's no end to which sailors will go in order to get shitfaced(*), American ingenuity supposedly showed itself and they figured out that if you squeezed a loaf of bread up into a tight block and filtered the torpedo fuel through it, you could filter out the methanol.

I say "supposedly" because I can't figure out how that would effectively filter methanol. The difference in size between an ethanol molecule and a methanol one is tiny, they're pretty chemically similar, and I can't think of anything that would cause methanol to preferentially ad/absorb to bread. My suspicion is that the whole "filter it through bread" thing was basically a superstition and that the occasionally unlucky bastard would still just go blind anyway. Figure I'd ask here.

* - Later on the Navy stopped denaturing it with methanol and started adding croton oil so if you drank it you wouldn't go blind, you'd just violently poo poo yourself. So the crew would build their own stills and just distill the fuel.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

CommunistPancake posted:

I'm working my way through the backlog of the PYF Dangerous Chemistry thread, and this topic came up right about where I am in the backlog. General thread consensus is that the myth that bread in any form can filter methanol is likely bullshit, though an actual experiment is needed. Still, I wouldn't trust my eyesight to a loaf of burnt bread.

Wouldn't it just be more cost/ time/ sick bay/ torpedo propulsion efficient to just give the crew more alcohol?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Just fill a bunch of things with battery acid, that way it'll kill anyone who steals your poo poo.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

tight aspirations posted:

Wouldn't it just be more cost/ time/ sick bay/ torpedo propulsion efficient to just give the crew more alcohol?

No rum ration for the navy since 1862, and no alcohol at all since 1914.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

tight aspirations posted:

I'll leave it up to you to calculate the minimum amount of alcohol 500 sailors consider "adequate" for a journey lasting weeks to months.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

CommunistPancake posted:

Allegedly the bread has to be burnt. Something about the burnt carbon and filtering and blah blah blah. I'm sure it's bullshit, but it's a hilarious image to conjure up - some dude with a burnt piece of bread trying to filter isopropyl alcohol to make it drinkable :lol:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

I just gagged a little

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:randno:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Only way I'm even entertaining the idea of this is if it's Sandra Bullocks feet I'm eating them off of.

Yeah. I said it. :colbert:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Those are inside thoughts. As in, keep them inside your head.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

cakesmith handyman posted:

Those are inside thoughts. As in, keep them inside your head.

gently caress that, tell me more.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Hey let's not thanks

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

swordfish duelist posted:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Make sure they're name brand gummy bears. Knockoff bears tend to be too stiff and are almost as bad as Lego.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Those look like Albanese brand, which are tender and delicious. They make good carpet padding and mattress pads, too.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

swordfish duelist posted:

You two take it to PM's and we'll all be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.