Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

quakeholyshit.voc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

lol

hope that was worth it

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Won't fit on a hat and doesn't feed my burning hatred of anyone with a skin color darker than "transluscent," 2/10.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You posted:

She stated on her Twitter that it was more of a joke, where all of the appointed outlets for charging were already occupied so she chose to find another one in a shame corner, so I guess she didn't insist on people giving her theirs.

Oh. So it didn't happen and she just wanted attention. Because the cyborg arm wasn't enough attention. Got it.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh. So it didn't happen and she just wanted attention. Because the cyborg arm wasn't enough attention. Got it.

So narcissistic she chopped off her own arm to get a flashy LED-studded replacement. What a bitch.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Solice Kirsk posted:

Women, am I right? (Go gently caress yourself)

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Posting anything at all on the internet is really just for attention if you think about it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's important to remember that tech people are the worst people in the world

Uh... You know America has a but of a nazi infestation, right? I'm all for bashing tech bros and gamer weirdos, and there's overlap, I'm sure, but c'mon, son.

E

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 15:19 on Mar 14, 2018

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tech bros are libertarians who want to help people, which is sort of a paradox.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hrm yes all tweets must be selfless and pure, no humor allowed here

All posts involving self referential humor are written by attention whoring scum-people

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Trans-LoafWithTail posted:

Tech bros are libertarians who want to help people

Dude. Just no.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Mogomra posted:

Posting anything at all on the internet is really just for attention if you think about it.

https://i.imgur.com/xIi5Nos.gifv

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

let me tell you how this 700$ wi-fi juice press is gonna save humanity*

*subscription required

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Is this Crank Yankers?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is this Crank Yankers?

That's a blast from the past. :randstare: Haven't thought about that show in years.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You posted:

I did not know about this and can't seem to find anything online. What's this about?

It was one of the usual Koch commercials that are super vague. There is a montage of cyborgs (her included) and the narration is all, "Koch is all about advancing humanity. We are not evil. WE ARE NOT EVIL!"

I think she uses her arm to fire a bow, which is pretty badass.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Randaconda posted:

That's a blast from the past. :randstare: Haven't thought about that show in years.

:freep: "All of my friends from 'Nam are dead."
:j: "Its ok. they're in heaven now."
:freep: "Yeah. Yeah. Well, not Giaccomo. Smoked hash out of a human skull. He's definitely in hell. But otherwise, yeah."

poo poo was funnier than it had any right to be, being a show about puppets making prank calls.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Railing Kill posted:

:freep: "All of my friends from 'Nam are dead."
:j: "Its ok. they're in heaven now."
:freep: "Yeah. Yeah. Well, not Giaccomo. Smoked hash out of a human skull. He's definitely in hell. But otherwise, yeah."

poo poo was funnier than it had any right to be, being a show about puppets making prank calls.

"Is there a taste to the caulk?"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

It was one of the usual Koch commercials that are super vague. There is a montage of cyborgs (her included) and the narration is all, "Koch is all about advancing humanity. We are not evil. WE ARE NOT EVIL!"

I think she uses her arm to fire a bow, which is pretty badass.

Certainly badderasser than firing an arrow.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

How did I start a fight about ethical cyborg recharging

You
Oct 6, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

How did I start a fight about ethical cyborg recharging

shut up you attention whoring scum-person.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You posted:

shut up you attention whoring scum-person.

Good thread forums title.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Want being the operative word

Perhaps, blockchain?
       /
:thunk:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

JoelJoel posted:

Uh... You know America has a but of a nazi infestation, right? I'm all for bashing tech bros and gamer weirdos, and there's overlap, I'm sure, but c'mon, son.

As you said, there's a massive overlap between tech people and nazis. But even setting that aside... I dunno, it's tough. they're both just horrible.

Elon Musk wants to spend billions of dollars to create a vacuum tube bus system so that he and his wealthy tech friends will never have to see a poor person ever again.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

:yeah:

Looking forward to this being my favorite gimmick account, assuming it's kept up.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Guy Goodbody posted:

Elon Musk wants to spend billions of dollars to create a vacuum tube bus system so that he and his wealthy tech friends will never have to see a poor person ever again.

I really hope you don't mean the Hyperloop plan, since I like you and don't want to think that you don't know the difference between a bus and a train.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I really hope you don't mean the Hyperloop plan, since I like you and don't want to think that you don't know the difference between a bus and a train.

I think it's in reference to this tweet, where Musk basically describes a bus stop:
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/972243992153739265

e:
And this mock-up video, where he basically shows a bus.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/972245615735222273

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Maybe, but that'd go against the other aspect of Guy's argument - that Hyperloop is designed to keep Musk and other tech bros from having to see icky poors.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That looks unimaginably terrifying. 120+ mph?! :stare:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Maybe, but that'd go against the other aspect of Guy's argument - that Hyperloop is designed to keep Musk and other tech bros from having to see icky poors.

It's a bus entirely separate and fully underground from whatever existing public transit system LA already has. It's about as insular from the common rabble as you can get without actually putting the stops themselves behind actual paywalls.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

SpacePig posted:

It's a bus entirely separate and fully underground from whatever existing public transit system LA already has. It's about as insular from the common rabble as you can get without actually putting the stops themselves behind actual paywalls.

Did you not read the tweet you quoted?

SpacePig posted:

I think it's in reference to this tweet, where Musk basically describes a bus stop:

If you think he's lying, that's fine, but nothing about the outward presentation thus far suggests anything but a mass transit system geared specifically towards the kinds of people who need mass transit.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

SpacePig posted:

e:
And this mock-up video, where he basically shows a bus.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/972245615735222273

Looking forward to accidentally falling to my death into a deep pit of #disruption.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Did you not read the tweet you quoted?

If you think he's lying, that's fine, but nothing about the outward presentation thus far suggests anything but a mass transit system geared specifically towards the kinds of people who need mass transit.

You understand that Musk's vacuum tube Techno bus is going to be way more expensive than regular buses, right? The Silicon Valley dipshits who ride that thing aren't gonna be sitting next to their maids, because the maids won't be able to afford it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

RCarr posted:

That looks unimaginably terrifying. 120+ mph?! :stare:

That's not even his fastest one. He claims the one he wants to build from Philly to Manhattan can make the trip in 29 minutes.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Guy Goodbody posted:

You understand that Musk's vacuum tube Techno bus is going to be way more expensive than regular buses, right? The Silicon Valley dipshits who ride that thing aren't gonna be sitting next to their maids, because the maids won't be able to afford it.

If you have a link that states that (not just conjecture, an actual announcement about fares) then I'll apologize and drop the issue.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Bluejeans posted:

If you have a link that states that (not just conjecture, an actual announcement about fares) then I'll apologize and drop the issue.

You need a link to support the idea that a brand new transit system involving a massive underground tunnel system built to create and sustain vacuum while also opening dozens of times per day via hundreds of car elevators to transport this new kind of see through plastic pleasure bus is going to be more expensive than the regular buses that he have now? Really? You really need to see documentation to support the claim that a massive infrastructure project based around the implementation of vacuum tube technology at a scale never before seen, and also the installation of hundreds of giant street level elevators in one of the most expensive real estate markets in the world, is going to cost more than buses? Buses, the things that even the poorest countries in the world have? Which are basically just big trucks and operate on existing roads?

I'm really trying not to be insulting here, but it's real fuckin' hard. Does your brain work? Can you form thoughts?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

But how do you guys feel about Elon Musk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Guy Goodbody posted:

You need a link to support the idea that a brand new transit system involving a massive underground tunnel system built to create and sustain vacuum while also opening dozens of times per day via hundreds of car elevators to transport this new kind of see through plastic pleasure bus is going to be more expensive than the regular buses that he have now? Really? You really need to see documentation to support the claim that a massive infrastructure project based around the implementation of vacuum tube technology at a scale never before seen, and also the installation of hundreds of giant street level elevators in one of the most expensive real estate markets in the world, is going to cost more than buses? Buses, the things that even the poorest countries in the world have? Which are basically just big trucks and operate on existing roads?

I'm really trying not to be insulting here, but it's real fuckin' hard. Does your brain work? Can you form thoughts?

Okay. I was hoping to have a respectful exchange here, but you're clearly not interested in that. Bye.