Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

PierreTheMime posted:

He’ll be modeled wearing the mightiest of power jorts.

He'll also come with a rune-covered "BALL OF FENRIS" so when he goes all teen wolf in the middle of battle he can dunk that poo poo right over Magnus' dome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Chiwie posted:

I really hope that they dont go down this road given the fluff he has during the HH.

The opposite. Go maximum awuuu. Embrace the wolf sled and the wolf jorts and the wolf wolf of wolf, for he is Leman Russ the Ultimate Awuuu.

Only then will he deserve to exist in the same world as the Sloppity Bilepipper.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Comes with a special terrain piece that holds Russ and Magnus that includes an Imperial Ringball Net, so you can create a diorama of Magnus gettin juked out of his fuckin nipplehorn shoes

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

TheChirurgeon posted:

He'll also come with a rune-covered "BALL OF FENRIS" so when he goes all teen wolf in the middle of battle he can dunk that poo poo right over Magnus' dome

A... Chaos dunk?! :monocle:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Chapter Approved 2018 update reduces the Ld value of all Thousand Sons by 1 to represent the demoralizing effect of their primarch getting schooled

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
BTW would Bloodletter bomb be considered cheese?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

PierreTheMime posted:

A... Chaos dunk?! :monocle:

Oh you've seen the new Codex too?

Saw this leak yesterday, btw

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

TheChirurgeon posted:

There are people on Bolter and Chainsword that would argue that that strat is balanced and good thing for the game.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Chiwie posted:

There are people on Bolter and Chainsword that would argue that that strat is balanced and good thing for the game.

It’s fortunate that there is zero reason to go that site anymore.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Foul Ole Ron posted:

I wouldn't think so. It's a strong choice, but nothing is inherently broken about it.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

Lol, owns.

If he's a giant werewolf i will be okay with it only if he has 8 prominent nipples to show his superiority to nipple-horned magnus.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

PierreTheMime posted:

I wouldn't think so. It's a strong choice, but nothing is inherently broken about it.

Thought so. I suppose one man's bread is another man's cheese.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Foul Ole Ron posted:

No, it's a basic troop choice supported by a character. Big whoop.

You'll find that people will latch onto anything they can to explain why they lost a game other than that they lost the game. Because you took a very obviously intended pair of units together with the obvious stratagem to deep strike, people will complain of netlisting. Just roll your eyes.

WOM used to have a Demon list with one unit of screamers and one disc herald and all his opponents complained about Screamerstar, even though he wasn't doing that. He played Grey Knights before that and his opponents would complain that he was netlisting a Draigowing list despite the fact that he didn't have Draigo or even a single Paladin in his list.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

MasterSlowPoke posted:

No, it's a basic troop choice supported by a character. Big whoop.

You'll find that people will latch onto anything they can to explain why they lost a game other than that they lost the game. Because you took a very obviously intended pair of units together with the obvious stratagem to deep strike, people will complain of netlisting. Just roll your eyes.

WOM used to have a Demon list with one unit of screamers and one disc herald and all his opponents complained about Screamerstar, even though he wasn't doing that. He played Grey Knights before that and his opponents would complain that he was netlisting a Draigowing list despite the fact that he didn't have Draigo or even a single Paladin in his list.

I think what annoys me the most about it all is how your damned if you do or damned if you don't when picking your armies strength.

Agree to play fluffy and not too strong, then proceed to get cheesed off the table.

Include one unit of Bloodletters/herald, then get them called cheesy.

(not same person but just a frustrating situation with local meta).

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 14, 2018

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
If the person you're playing against can't handle dealing with a troops choice supported by what I assume is just an HQ they probably shouldn't play 40k. I don't think it would be at all reasonable to expect someone playing Khorne Demons to not have a bunch of Bloodletters

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pendent posted:

If the person you're playing against can't handle dealing with a troops choice supported by what I assume is just an HQ they probably shouldn't play 40k. I don't think it would be at all reasonable to expect someone playing Khorne Demons to not have a bunch of Bloodletters

Black legion and Khorne demons.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Man, I like 8th so much more than the last several editions. Even against "bullshit" lists, the game feels so much more fair. Every loss, I've been able to identify something I did that led to it or something I could have done to turn things around (except or the one dude that cheated and brought 200 points more and was applying rules he didn't actuall have access to because he was running 4 different imperial factions in the same detachment). Typically, it's because I forgot I could do something.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Foul Ole Ron posted:

I still stand by my point. You're describing taking a perfectly reasonable list and people bellyaching about it.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Back in my day we called this 'a Chaos army.'

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

It doesn't even sound like an abnormally powerful Chaos army at that. Just a fairly normal list.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

TheChirurgeon posted:

I’m lolling over here.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Found this Russ concept art:

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pendent posted:

I still stand by my point. You're describing taking a perfectly reasonable list and people bellyaching about it.

What rustles my jimmies about it all is that, I just want to play some hams and have fun.

It's not fun when me or my opponent is not having fun. I'm happy to base my list on preference of game type, but I loving hate all this misinterpretation on what's too strong or not.

Life and reality by extension is ludicris, the fact im getting annoyed over playing toy solders just proves this point.

https://youtu.be/yq4uCWtQE24

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 14, 2018

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Help, every time I see this image I hear the call of the gloryboys.

drat it all I need to stay on track finish my ultras and start mechanicus.

But they're just so cool.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

They're insanely cool. I'm enjoying working on my new Guard models in general but the Tempestus stuff looks incredible and I can't wait until I grab that Start Collecting box.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Artum posted:

I'm vacillating between helmets (because they're hella cool) and berets (because lots of 3rd party companies do pretty good beret heads with a wide assortment of beards).

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Found this Russ concept art:

This is a wildly unfair comparison, one is an awful useless prick who should be hated by everyone, the other is Werewolf Jones.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

ro5s posted:

This is a wildly unfair comparison, one is an awful useless prick who should be hated by everyone, the other is Werewolf Jones.

I think it's great that gw built a whole army for furry fuckbois who think it's cool to dress up like a wolf wearing jorts and act like a drunk idiot at a ren faire.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

TheChirurgeon posted:

I think it's great that gw built a whole army for furry fuckbois who think it's cool to dress up like a wolf wearing jorts and act like a drunk idiot at a ren faire.

T'a""us and Woofs are containment armies. Also, hopefully, GW is keeping a database of major collectors and providing them to the relevant authorities.

:shudder:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
e: not worth it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I lose because I suck at 40K. Felime and The Sex Cannon can confirm.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

The Deleter posted:

e: not worth it.
No, it wasn't.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What happened this time?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It doesn't matter if you get tabled as long as your models look fabulous while it happens.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe
In other news :
http://www.warhammer40000conquest.com/

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Bad choices or bad dice?

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 14, 2018

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Pendent posted:

It doesn't matter if you get tabled as long as your models look fabulous while it happens.

This is the One True Meta.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

You know, I'd actually consider doing this if they shipped to the US.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

That seems like a decent deal for beginners. Looks like it's U.K. only though.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Artum posted:

I've got a Command Squad and a standard squad kitted out from 6th Ed with two meltaguns apiece. I'm strongly considering picking up two more kits and filling out two Tempestor Primes and a third squad (dropping the medkit guy to drop it to a MT Troop unit) for a relatively cheap +3CP and surprise melta delivery system.

Then again, I still need to finish assembling and start painting my Primaris Salamanders I've been looking at since Dark Imperium hit. ...And my two SC AdMech boxes.

And Necrons are about to hit... :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Artum posted:

Pity they die in droves like chumps. Play them in a skirmish game and enjoy them the way they are meant to be played :cheers: