Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If I were Joe Biden I would legally changed my last name to "I Guess" and then apathetic or undecided voters in both the primary and general would probably vote for "Joe Biden I Guess"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

KillHour posted:

It's actually kind of crazy that our bodies have no way to detect a lack of oxygen in our blood. Evolution just went "Eh, good enough" with CO2. Same reason it's so easy to die of carbon monoxide poisoning - it binds to hemoglobin more readily than O2, and your body doesn't notice.

IIRC humans are also one of the only animals with this fluke too. It's really weird

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Willo567 posted:

I know that Bolton wants war with Iran, but right now they don't possess nuclear weapons, at least to my knowledge

Where did he say on Twitter that we should go to war with Pakistan?

https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/status/900000343198773248
Most of it is inferred, but language like this doesn't really make it too large a leap to imagine some absurd action against another nuclear state, adding onto our already obvious preference for India that's come to the fore under Trump.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Willo567 posted:

I know that Bolton wants war with Iran, but right now they don't possess nuclear weapons, at least to my knowledge

Where did he say on Twitter that we should go to war with Pakistan?

At this point Bolton is just an avatar of nuclear war and destruction. Trump is Apocalypse trying to put together his lame team of 4 horsemen.

Bolton is War, Pruitt is Pestilence, etc.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

rick perry's state executed a 100 percent innocent person when he was governor.

And he got applause.

Build the Wall around Texas.(and then put a massive glassdome and fill it with 100 nitrogen.)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So how long until Trump wants to start doubling and tripling up the duties of the people he still has on and attempts to have them fill multiple appointments at once? Demanding increased productivity out of a smaller pool of labor would be running like a business after all

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Z. Autobahn posted:

Sorry, I think I'm missing something dumb: why wouldn't he need a new senate hearing for AG and SOS?

He would, there's a correction to the article

quote:

Note: An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated that Pruitt would not have to undergo a Senate confirmation hearing.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

At this point Bolton is just an avatar of nuclear war and destruction. Trump is Apocalypse trying to put together his lame team of 4 horsemen.

Bolton is War, Pruitt is Pestilence, etc.

Who is Death?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

KillHour posted:

I've never seen a more dopey looking couple. Are they even trying to smile?

I'd probably forget how to smile altogether if I was married to a Trumpling

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

https://twitter.com/kenzbry/status/961722104268943360?s=21

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/status/900000343198773248
Most of it is inferred, but language like this doesn't really make it too large a leap to imagine some absurd action against another nuclear state, adding onto our already obvious preference for India that's come to the fore under Trump.

Actually he’s kind of right. Pakistan has been struggling to control militants that’s not a matter of contraversy. The ISI also has this weird link with religious extremism. So he’s really not that far off.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Fintilgin posted:

Yeah, which is interesting, because we too had the 'native ancestor' legend (my great-great grandfather, I guess), from a specific reservation/area. Ok, legend is generous. Mom didn't even tell me about until I was in my twenties. I still thought... "lol, bullshit, everyone says that"

When she did the DNA test though it came back the exact right percentage (1/8th?) of ?!UNKNOWN?!

So... I guess... maybe?

I'm pretty much a standard American Euro mutt though, so it's just an amusing curiosity.

EDIT: The actual 'story' was about a 'dark-skinned' man from the reservation which struck me as it could be an escaped slave or something, but I assume that would have popped identifiable info?

Yeah possibly. Escaped slave would've registered as some flavor African Native might give you 'unknown' (though that's one hell of a high percentage of unknown and very intriguing if true, you might want to upload your results to gedmatch.com (its free!) and see what their calculators say.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:laffo: That last sentence

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So how long until Trump wants to start doubling and tripling up the duties of the people he still has on and attempts to have them fill multiple appointments at once? Demanding increased productivity out of a smaller pool of labor would be running like a business after all

he already did this with jared

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium

Rigel posted:

Who is Death?

Our only friend, at this point.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shifty Pony posted:

I'm really not sure how you can slot "fired" into the act's requirements:

(a) If an officer of an Executive agency (including the Executive Office of the President, and other than the General Accounting Office) whose appointment to office is required to be made by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, dies, resigns, or is otherwise unable to perform the functions and duties of the office-

A firing would be a Removal, not a Resignation. That language is fairly consistently used throughout the code and regulations.

I'm not at all familiar with the act, just that I know I read an article that people who were thought it might not apply if the person was fired. But since I'm not that familiar with it I didn't want to take a position, just flag it as an issue.

Z. Autobahn posted:

Sorry, I think I'm missing something dumb: why wouldn't he need a new senate hearing for AG and SOS?

The idea is he would appoint a different cabinet secretary to be "acting head" just like Mulvaney is "acting head" of the CFPB, then get around to nominating someone a year from now after the flunky squash the Mueller investigation. But it's unclear, as Shifty Pony points out, if he can do that when he fires the AG.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Oh my god that's actually real. She knew this whole time :catstare:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Z. Autobahn posted:

He would, but Rosenstein would be the interrim AG... so he'd be fired too... so I think Dana Boente would become the acting AG.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Vanity Fair corrected the article, now it merely says Pruitt would have a "good shot" of passing a confirmation hearing

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

My sentiments exactly.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

nerdz posted:

I mean, I'm interested in doing a DNA test because I really want to know how many hundred of different races hosed each other incessantly to result in the perfectly ethnically average human that I am

Sales are on for St. Patrick's Day RIGHT NOW (at least at FTDNA and MyHeritage, usually the other two follow suit though)

FTDNA:$59
Ancestry:$79
MyHeritage:$69
23&Me:$79

Go test so I have a bigger pool to pursue my dreams of discovering who the hell was the father of my two bastard great-whatever grandpas racial domination or whatever.

Sincerely,

Your friendly neighborhood genetic genealogist fascist racist.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

:laffo: That last sentence

Kind of surprised he'd continue to date someone who insulted Strong Daddy, I thought killing endangered animals was the extent of his "youthful" rebellion.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Groovelord Neato posted:

rick perry's state executed a 100 percent innocent person when he was governor.

"Mere factual innocence is no reason not to carry out a death sentence properly reached."

- Antonin Scalia

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Z. Autobahn posted:

There is a law that allows trump to temporarily have a person who is in another, already senate approved position, run an agency if the previous agency head resigns, dies, or is "otherwise unable to perform the functions and duties of the office" (medical issues, etc). That's how Trump got Mulvaney in charge of the CFPB when the previous director resigned.

Apparently the White House is floating around the theory that the last provision or the retirement provision would cover someone being fired. I don't buy it and it would be one hell of a legal battle.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

boner confessor posted:

he already did this with jared

And Mulvaney

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Crow Jane posted:

Kind of surprised he'd continue to date someone who insulted Strong Daddy, I thought killing endangered animals was the extent of his "youthful" rebellion.

Are you implying that he hasn't been trying quietly kill his dad for the entire length of his life, given his upbringing?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
In all seriousness, what are the chances Bolton gets us into a catastrophic war with a major nuclear power other than Pakistan or North Korea

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Willo567 posted:

In all seriousness, what are the chances Bolton gets us into a catastrophic war with a major nuclear power other than Pakistan or North Korea

"Watch out for Pakistan!"

*instigates war with Pakistan*

"See, I told you guys!"

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Are you implying that he hasn't been trying quietly kill his dad for the entire length of his life, given his upbringing?

He couldn't be quiet about something if his life depended on it. No one in that family has ever had a thought they didn't immediately blurt out.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Willo567 posted:

We. Don’t. Know.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Willo567 posted:

Imagine if Tom Clancy had red hair and a pair of those home glasses with a big nose and mustache (cause Clancy had no nose only something pretending to be one)

That’s the person doing foreign policy.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/Sarahchadwickk/status/974015587130232833

gently caress schools like this~

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

He couldn't be quiet about something if his life depended on it. No one in that family has ever had a thought they didn't immediately blurt out.

*Trump family refrigerator sporting a crayon drawing from Jr, titled "My Assassinatiun Plan"

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Willo567 posted:

69%

Caros
May 14, 2008

VideoGameVet posted:

"Mere factual innocence is no reason not to carry out a death sentence properly reached."

- Antonin Scalia

Anything is a dildo, if you are brave enough. - Abraham Lincoln.

He never said the thing you are quoting, and the closest thing you can find to him saying what you think he did basically boiled down to a legal argument of 'The 8th amendment doesn't cover this, try a different avenue if you are innocent,' which I disagree with but is still a drat sight different from the bullshit you are peddling.

The man was enough of a monster without making up lies.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This is disgusting. Most schools and teachers would be ecstatic just to see their students take a stand on something.

Kids who are suspended for this stuff should sue their regressive school districts.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Devil's advocate: oif they're no risk of punishment the walkout is meaningless

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Vladimir Putin posted:

Actually he’s kind of right. Pakistan has been struggling to control militants that’s not a matter of contraversy. The ISI also has this weird link with religious extremism. So he’s really not that far off.

don't they give money and guns to various salafist types so said salafist types will grow and therefore justify ISI actions and such.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

publishko posted:

it's impossible for any of the large trump sons to not look like McPoyle brothers in all their pictures.

also, :laffo:

You can tell the McPoyles are handsome actors under the makeup though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

This is disgusting. Most schools and teachers would be ecstatic just to see their students take a stand on something.

Kids who are suspended for this stuff should sue their regressive school districts.

I mean

https://twitter.com/studentactivism/status/973917085964304384?s=19

• Locked thread