Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
I dont think its fair to fault Lum for not coming out and admitting the game is a piece of poo poo. You just cant do that to a company you are working for or have even worked for in the past. Itd be unprofessional. Lum is fine and its good to hear that hes doing fine.

Still, the irony of him ending up on a project like this considering who he used to be is pretty funny and I bet he appreciates it even if he cant admit it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lum is still cool and good.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Hey lum remember when that guy went around your office waving a plastic fishing pole in everyone's faces.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

the real disaster of this game isn't the development it's the diseased hosed up business model. Even making bad games takes a stupid amount of work and skill from the developers. Them trying to make an awesome game and failing is normal poo poo. Never ending fund raising on a fantasy product like Turbulent's platform made to do is just a stupid cancerous way to make a product and a community.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

crowdfunding is a false flag by publishers

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I've just come to accept that I'm never getting my money back, in monetary or otherwise forms.

Personally, I think Garriott is slowly losing the plot and going unstable, at which point he might Cobain himself. He's got that twinkle in his eye. Actually this is just what I hope for.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

T minus 25 days until a bunch of kickstarter backers and mmorpg lovers finally come and play the game and buy all of these house plots and capes and hot tubs and smoking emojis and hats and steampunk wings and horse statues and airships and moondials and cloaks and vendors and houses and outhouses and hats and instruments and cloaks everyone has been holding on to. Exciting!!!!!!!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
my body is ready

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'm ready to watch it burn.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I should do a pre-release tour to see how many "under construction" signs I can find in individual scenes.

The 3D equivalent of a late 90s yahoo webpage gif is the stamp of quality.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Wait so this game is actually going to release? And soon?

Wow.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

all turds eventually get pushed out the rear end in a top hat

unless they become impacted or something idk :thunk:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

You can hope for severe constipation, sepsis and the death of the host though

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

CoffeeBooze posted:

Wait so this game is actually going to release? And soon?

Wow.

Only as a sad spectre, don't worry, this is another gift of shadenfreude that'll keep feeding us all.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Is the release price still going to be 60? Because it should be like 10. Probably less by now.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Percelus posted:

all turds eventually get pushed out the rear end in a top hat

unless they become impacted or something idk :thunk:

Eventually you throw them up though, so they still come out somewhere! :pseudo:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Freakazoid_ posted:

Is the release price still going to be 60? Because it should be like 10. Probably less by now.

What about the current state of the game makes you think charging money for it is justified?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Does Shroud of the Avatar have any vocal fanboys left, a la Star Citizen's Lethality or Clifford "AKA Miku" ?

Or has everyone given up on it entirely? Does Shroud of the Avatar have any internet warlords trying to destroy it?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Does Shroud of the Avatar have any internet warlords trying to destroy it?

Warlord British

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Does Shroud of the Avatar have any vocal fanboys left, a la Star Citizen's Lethality or Clifford "AKA Miku" ?

Or has everyone given up on it entirely? Does Shroud of the Avatar have any internet warlords trying to destroy it?
it has some extremely loud supporters:

some of those are RMT people trying to make bank

some of those are insane "I will buy vials of garriotts blood" type guys

some of those are people laundering money, because right now SotA is the number one loving place to do that

I don't think there's many average joe gamers left supporting this poo poo. I mean, you can even comb through this thread and two years ago there was people in here defending this poo poo and even calling me out for saying negative things about the game. even they don't support this anymore

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Is this the same Lethality who was incredibly vocal about Wildstar?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

CoffeeBooze posted:

Is this the same Lethality who was incredibly vocal about Wildstar?

Yes, we call him the harbinger of failed MMOs.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

HungryMedusa posted:

Eventually the reality of the lack of direction + Garriott's not giving a fuckness piled on and suddenly Shroud is worse than U9.

It's literally tabula rasa all over again. Except that this time he can't put the blame on his space-capades.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Yes, we call him the harbinger of failed MMOs.

He's the Twitter version of Alexander de large

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
How the hell are people laundering money with this?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Buy in, buy everything in the shop, sell account?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Microtransactions in a game are honestly probably a sick money laundering scheme

Orv
May 4, 2011
Someone please go to the in-game launch party and report back.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

"Sorry guys I have to go into space again, don't do anything with the game while I'm gone okay?"

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Oriental Hugs posted:

How the hell are people laundering money with this?

There's no game; it's just a real-money store. The "game" is basically a display warehouse where you can show off your virtual goods (spaceships, laser shows, snowmen, and other totally on-theme Ultima decorations).

Many of these goods are only on sale for a limited time. They've created false scarcity by only offering, say, three hundred copies of the "Rainbow Vomit" emote. If someone really wants it after the sale is done, they have to buy your copy (or buy your whole account) if it's non-tradeable.

I only bought a copy on Steam. I'd love my $40 or whatever back, but I suppose I've gotten some small amount of enjoyment out of the schadenfreude.

The game really is breathtakingly bad on every level. There is literally nothing redeeming about the experience at all. It's amazing.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Thursday Next posted:

There's no game; it's just a real-money store. The "game" is basically a display warehouse where you can show off your virtual goods (spaceships, laser shows, snowmen, and other totally on-theme Ultima decorations).

Many of these goods are only on sale for a limited time. They've created false scarcity by only offering, say, three hundred copies of the "Rainbow Vomit" emote. If someone really wants it after the sale is done, they have to buy your copy (or buy your whole account) if it's non-tradeable.

I only bought a copy on Steam. I'd love my $40 or whatever back, but I suppose I've gotten some small amount of enjoyment out of the schadenfreude.

The game really is breathtakingly bad on every level. There is literally nothing redeeming about the experience at all. It's amazing.

They've been working on it for what, six years?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
No

No you guys don't understand

This game will be good

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Node posted:

No

No you guys don't understand

This game will be good

Its kinda amazing of the games you have defended in MMOHMO the one being made by a disgraced benzo addict and a team of bible literalists is the most likely to deliver the pitch.

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost
This had better be an incredible cloth map.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I'm using my $7,000 cloth map of the realms as a mouse pad

I also use garriotts blood like extra virgin olive oil

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Byolante posted:

Its kinda amazing of the games you have defended in MMOHMO the one being made by a disgraced benzo addict and a team of bible literalists is the most likely to deliver the pitch.

I'm surprised too. I don't know what you mean about the bible literalist thing, I haven't heard anything about that before.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Seriously, this game sucks. I get that it's early access, but there is zero indication that the final release will be any better. It is not fun to play.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Dont worry! Im sure theres a pre-release patch in the works that will fix everything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

CoffeeBooze posted:

Dont worry! Im sure theres a pre-release patch in the works that will fix everything!

So it's the opposite of the pre-release patch for Tabula Rasa.