Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
'Kay. I'l list the most obvious ones, and if I miss any feel free to mention and I'l add them so there's a nice comprehensive list of Not-Sisters for people.

Shieldwolf Miniatures
Fairly low-radar company (maybe more popular in WHFB circles since this preorder is their first foray into scifi), they are currently doing a preorder run; 25 euros for 20 sisters, 60 euros for 40 sisters and 2 characters, 100 euros for 60 sisters, 2 characters, and 3 larger characters, and 160 euros for 80 sisters, 2 characters, 3 larger characters, and griffin-men (fantasy sisters) or a Not-Rhino/Immolator (Scifi sisters). Tiers 2-4 are pretty overpriced IMO, but 20 sisters for 25 euros holds up real well alongside most third party pricing.

Both sister groups are well-suited for Sisters of Battle, although the fantasy sisters will require new arms to hold actual guns.

Fantasy Sisters:

Sci-fi Sisters:

Anvil Industry
Experienced bits-focused company with two successful kickstarters under their belt, they specialize in guardsman customization as well as dabbling in "exo-lord" (the unit in their own tabletop game which incidentally works for customizing space marines) parts. Announced a kickstarter for a line of practical Sisters models.

Heresy Lab
VERY green company, as in they are currently only selling two miniatures. Of note is their current kickstarter, which offer a number of chaos, eldar, and sisters units. They are offering an eldar named Adrastia which is an EXTREME heresy, as that name belongs to the Best Inquisitor (who doesn't have a miniature, an even worse heresy). Kickstarter has ended but you can still pledge through their website.

Hi-Tech Miniatures
Quite prolific company with a great variety of miniatures. Only one style of sisters here, but they're unique enough to be worth a check; giant hunched power armor. A good choice if you want your sisters to stand eye-to-eye with your Space Marines (or are including converted space marines)

Raging Heroes
Fairly new-ish polish company that specializes in premium (emphasis on premium) miniatures. They have a very large variety of female miniatures of various styles, including women in IG style dress, Nuns With Guns, and Power Armor Lasses. Quite expensive, but they have great detail.

Wargame Exclusive
Company with a (completely) earned reputation of having lots of naked cheesecake 40k models. However they do sell fully clothed (and pretty badass) miniatures as well, and have recently released a number of Sisters of Battle. Being a premium miniature company their prices tend to be pretty silly (and the banner ad sisters pack is especially ridiculous; 65 euros for 10 characters), but their "upgrade" pack is a pretty reasonable 20 euros for five sisters troops. They also sell Sisters helmets by themselves which can come in handy for other miniatures (or if you just dont like helmetless sisters)

Grishnak Models
Really good sisters minis, progress on new designs seems to be slow-going and his website is offline, but he still accepts orders through e-mail:

grishnak.order@gmail.com posted:

Hello, my friend.
I am glad to hear, that you like my miniatures.

The price is:
1 pack of War Maidens (5 girls) – 1680 RUB (≈30$ USD)

Price for Standard shipping:
1-2 packs of WM - 400 RUB (≈7$ USD)
3-5 packs of WM - 600 RUB (≈11$ USD)
6-9 packs of WM - 1000 RUB (≈18$ USD)
10 + packs of WM – Free shipping

Price for EMS shipping:
1-20 packs of WM – 2000 RUB (≈35$ USD), 4-10 days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mbn_swmQ4Q

Dreamforge Games
Not necessarily a Sisters company, they do however sell a good number of very nice looking power armors with large gorgets that can take 40k heads. Very nice for conversions with Statuesque heads, as seen in the picture below. Do note that your sisters will be as tall as Space Marines with these suits though, if that's something you're into/not into.

Shapeways: Sororitas Manufactorum
Shapeways has come a long way since it first started, and nowadays offer a Black Plastic option that is or is very close to smooth. This store only offers Extreme Frosted material, but its designs aren't too complicated and there's a pretty good variety of sisters with fairly unique poses. Will require sanding and detailwork, but a very attractive choice if you want a more dynamic army rather than stoic gaze/aiming gun.

Statuesque Miniatures
A quite popular company that sells miniatures but are best known for their conversion parts; thirteen packs of ten female heads of various hair and hatstyles, for a total of 130 different heads to customize your gals. Great choice to spruce up the very dated official miniature heads, or to convert power armor miniatures.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
So, I had a much longer post with a few more links and better writeups (including lists of units each company has models capable of replacing) but by the time I finished writing it I found out I was probated, went to sleep, and woke up to my PC having crashed and the post not saved. So I ended up putting off rewriting it until just now because that's pretty demoralizing! Oh well, at least it's there and I can expand it later.

E:

Schadenboner posted:

Repressors are for 5-girl 4 melta/1 combi-melta Dominion squads, why are you running flamers?

I often open up Battlescribe and use my lists there as reference for stuff, and the Sisters list I'm buying stuff to build is a 500 pts army (to get started, y'see), and in my insistence on keeping Legion of the Damned I lack the points for meltasisters in the repressor. So when I made that post I just looked the list up and saw the flamers vOv

VVVVV I didn't expect a gbs mod to get so salty about me brushing off a derail attempt, I now know not to do that.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 15, 2018

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Pro-tip: don't get probated.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

Titty models

Wow, I'm actually slightly surprised that every single one of these other than the anvil preorder (which is still just concept art), those hi-tech terminator sister things and the statuesque heads are lovely cheesecake. I'd think there would be slightly more interest in decent looking sisters models.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Booley posted:

Wow, I'm actually slightly surprised that every single one of these other than the anvil preorder (which is still just concept art), those hi-tech terminator sister things and the statuesque heads are lovely cheesecake. I'd think there would be slightly more interest in decent looking sisters models.

Impractical ornate religious armor is kind of the Ecclesiarchy's (and by extension Sisters of Battle)'s thing dude. I didn't specifically seek titplate out mind, and if you have any suggestions of your own I'd be happy to add them.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the hell kind of pose is that fat lady colonel doing?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Balancing on a rolling skull boulder for additional mobility and a higher viewpoint, duh.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

Impractical ornate religious armor is kind of the Ecclesiarchy's (and by extension Sisters of Battle)'s thing dude. I didn't specifically seek titplate out mind, and if you have any suggestions of your own I'd be happy to add them.

Impractical ornate religious armor can be done well, look at that anvil industry concept art. It can also be done comically poorly, like the shapeways thing with the breasts over 90 degrees apart on her torso crammed into weird hemispheres, or like cheesecake (everything else). I don't have any suggestions of my own, and I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't many other options, but it's still weird as gently caress.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Zasze posted:

I wonder if this is why they havnt supported shadow war? They decided to just mash it into kill team?

I don't think the plan was ever to provide long-term support for Shadow War. In retrospect it looks very much like the other boxed games GW came out with around that time (Stormcloud Attack, Imperial Knight Renegade), only with a more popular rules set. I think it's probably more appropriate to think of it as a free ruleset added onto a bundle designed to move the new terrain kits and also maybe some old boyz/scouts models. I'd be more upset about this, but the only shadow war-exclusive thing they released was a single rulebook so it's hard to imagine anyone's out a ton of money on the game.

I'll be interested to see how much ongoing support Kill Team gets, but it's promising that it's being released early on in the 8th edition lifecycle.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I believe she's doing a hopak on top of a pile of skulls double-fisting automatic weapons.

as one does.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Booley posted:

Impractical ornate religious armor can be done well, look at that anvil industry concept art. It can also be done comically poorly, like the shapeways thing with the breasts over 90 degrees apart on her torso crammed into weird hemispheres, or like cheesecake (everything else). I don't have any suggestions of my own, and I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't many other options, but it's still weird as gently caress.

I think of it as compared to traditional IRL impractical general/lord/king armor (that had sculpted abs, giant codpieces, tits, and horns because they'd never see battle and were a religious/show of authority/symbolic thing). In my view it makes for a good contrast with the basic Space Marine armor both in visual style and in developing the Emperor's sensibilities as compared to the Ecclesiarchy; Basic marines are giant simple flat surfaces with little flair and as far as the Imperium goes is fairly practical (as befitting armor designed back when the Imperium was just a human empire and not pure insanity) and could even be unisex if the front chest bulk was shifted towards the stomach, whereas the Sisters of Battle are extremely gaudy, stamped to hell and back with religious iconography, and so obsessed with worship and devotion that some of them manage to will themselves into becoming the Emperor's own warp daemons.

I tend to prefer simple unisex armor for women in games and art, but I think the SoB's silliness is fairly well earned.

(also yeah, I didnt pick the best picture for the shapeways store, most of the normaler armors have less ridiculous tits, I just wanted to show off one of the more dynamic sisters and the more detailed models were kind of indistinct due to the stupid transparent effect the 3d models have)

E: which is all to say, I dont think the catholic faction that makes pipe organ artillery cars and turn dreadnoughts into open-topped thrones cares about protecting its women with practical armor instead of making the army that was originally named Brides of the Emperor as bridey and holy as possible.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 15, 2018

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

I think of it as compared to traditional IRL impractical general/lord/king armor (that had sculpted abs, giant codpieces, tits, and horns because they'd never see battle and were a religious/show of authority/symbolic thing). In my view it makes for a good contrast with the basic Space Marine armor both in visual style and in developing the Emperor's sensibilities as compared to the Ecclesiarchy; Basic marines are giant simple flat surfaces with little flair and as far as the Imperium goes is fairly practical (as befitting armor designed back when the Imperium was just a human empire and not pure insanity) and could even be unisex if the front chest bulk was shifted towards the stomach, whereas the Sisters of Battle are extremely gaudy, stamped to hell and back with religious iconography, and so obsessed with worship and devotion that some of them manage to will themselves into becoming the Emperor's own warp daemons.

I tend to prefer simple unisex armor for women in games and art, but I think the SoB's silliness is fairly well earned.

(also yeah, I didnt pick the best picture for the shapeways store, most of the normaler armors have less ridiculous tits, I just wanted to show off one of the more dynamic sisters and the more detailed models were kind of indistinct due to the stupid transparent effect the 3d models have)

None of this explains the whole "lol i have boobs that look like someone strapped balloons to my chest and inflated them" aesthetic.

e: Or the "my waist is so small Trump's hands would fit around it" aesthetic

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

I don't think the plan was ever to provide long-term support for Shadow War. In retrospect it looks very much like the other boxed games GW came out with around that time (Stormcloud Attack, Imperial Knight Renegade), only with a more popular rules set. I think it's probably more appropriate to think of it as a free ruleset added onto a bundle designed to move the new terrain kits and also maybe some old boyz/scouts models. I'd be more upset about this, but the only shadow war-exclusive thing they released was a single rulebook so it's hard to imagine anyone's out a ton of money on the game.

I'll be interested to see how much ongoing support Kill Team gets, but it's promising that it's being released early on in the 8th edition lifecycle.

It’s also promising that they’ve explicitly noted it’s something they’ll support moving forward. I am really, really hoping this is going to have some real depth to it. I love 40k but I’ve been craving a really good skirmish hang in the setting forever and Necromunda doesn’t quite do it for me.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Pendent posted:

It’s also promising that they’ve explicitly noted it’s something they’ll support moving forward. I am really, really hoping this is going to have some real depth to it. I love 40k but I’ve been craving a really good skirmish hang in the setting forever and Necromunda doesn’t quite do it for me.

yeah, same. What I can see of the rules in the video looks loving great, though

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
The biggest problem with most of those alternative sisters models is that the designs are kinda bad and they're more expensive than real ones. I mean yes, you're getting finer detail and plastic/resin instead of metal, but end of the day you're paying a premium for models that are visually, well, they don't appeal to me. And they're also not going to be cohesive, especially if you have to mix and match (you will) because one line doesn't cover everything.

I'm trying to avoid buying any more old sisters models at the moment, but I'm still watching ebay to fill in some gaps (melta) / hope for deals (never on loving melta) and you can do $5 per model fairly easily, $3-4 on a good catch for the basic sisters. That may not be great, and it's still a 1980's metal lump, but honestly if you are defending the specific aesthetics of sisters of battle and the ecclesiarchy... I still think they're better than most of the above - and a lot of those are in the $10 a figure range.

Tangentially, the cheapest and easiest way to play sisters is to just buy rhino hulls and fill your points with exorcists (whirlwind covered in flour-de-lis) and immolators: use whatever models for your actual sisters that you like still, but they'll spend less time on the board.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Yeah, Shadow War is an odd beast—a way to justify budgeting for development of a bunch of new terrain, serving double-duty as a tribute to the Necromunda of yesteryear. That it serves the very obvious in hindsight role of being a self-contained skirmish game that a) lets players use their existing 40k models in a new way, while b) tempting people into assembling small forces of factions they may then be tempted to further pursue as full-sized 40k armies feels like a bonus not entirely planned, and that this put it in competition with GW’s other game (7e Kill Team) that ostensibly served the same function at the time (but badly, because 7e Kill Team was a mess, presentation-wise if nothing else) was... unfortunate.

Like, seriously, having two skirmish games that serve the same sort of role, but one of them, rather than being a stripped-down version of your full-scale wargame, is your full-scale wargame with more rules added, while your other one is a nostalgia product running on twenty-year-old mechanics? With neither designed to easily support regular new content updates? That’s not a good place to be. (EDIT: And then once 8e hit, KT7e ceases to be a factor, and instead the position they’re in is “We have a shiny new edition of our war game, but our skirmish game, rather than being a customized version of that, is the tribute version of a 20-year-old ruleset.” Still not a great place.)

The solution is clearly to replace them both with a new product. In which case, calling it Kill Team is probably a better PR move than calling it Shadow War 2nd Edition, because Kill Team is a property that updates with new 40k editions, while Shadow War is a 1 year old game and people would complain about putting out another edition so fast.

EDIT THE SECOND: Remember also that Shadow War was originally only supposed to get one printing. They did the separate corebook after the boxed version sold out in preorder in half an hour. I don’t think they took just how much demand there was for the sort of game that Shadow War is when when they were designing Shadow War, so it wasn’t made to be something that could support a perpetual stream of new content.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 15, 2018

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Giant Isopod posted:

The biggest problem with most of those alternative sisters models is that the designs are kinda bad and they're more expensive than real ones. I mean yes, you're getting finer detail and plastic/resin instead of metal, but end of the day you're paying a premium for models that are visually, well, they don't appeal to me. And they're also not going to be cohesive, especially if you have to mix and match (you will) because one line doesn't cover everything.

I'm trying to avoid buying any more old sisters models at the moment, but I'm still watching ebay to fill in some gaps (melta) / hope for deals (never on loving melta) and you can do $5 per model fairly easily, $3-4 on a good catch for the basic sisters. That may not be great, and it's still a 1980's metal lump, but honestly if you are defending the specific aesthetics of sisters of battle and the ecclesiarchy... I still think they're better than most of the above - and a lot of those are in the $10 a figure range.

Tangentially, the cheapest and easiest way to play sisters is to just buy rhino hulls and fill your points with exorcists (whirlwind covered in flour-de-lis) and immolators: use whatever models for your actual sisters that you like still, but they'll spend less time on the board.

I think one of the biggest hurdles for alternative Sisters models is that Sisters armor that is practical is, well, it's just Space Marine armor. Which is why I included the Statuesque link and the Eisenkern link; there's no shortage of power armor miniatures you can pop the heads off of, and glue fleur de lis' on. Speaking of, feel free to share awesome armors that you think would be exceptionally easy to replace heads on and glue fleur de lis' on. If enough get linked I might make a list underneath Statuesque for people to peruse. Eisenkern gets its own special section because that gorget is EXTREMELY reminiscent of SoB art:

I do agree that a lot of them are crazily priced (which is 3rd party miniatures for you, especially for a game that is notoriously crazy-priced), but there are a decent number in there that math out to 4-6 dollars a model.

E: also, I think most of them would fit in fine with the most recent Celestine sculpt (which is likely our best source for what future plastic sisters may look like):

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 15, 2018

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Zasze posted:

I wonder if this is why they havnt supported shadow war? They decided to just mash it into kill team?

Necromunda likely fills the same niche and sold way better. The question is why Kill Team exists, not that I'm complaining.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hustlin Floh posted:

What the hell kind of pose is that fat lady colonel doing?

I thought she was pregnant. It really is a horrible sculpt.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I thought she was pregnant. It really is a horrible sculpt.

Her and the commissar at the bottom of the pic stand out quite a bit as bad sculpts, yeah. I like their plate SoB even though she looks a bit topheavy (probably not too noticable in mini form though), and I legit love the khorne berzerkers and think they'd look kickin' rad alongside other shirtless berzerker guys. Tzeentch sorceress lady is pretty cool too, though I'd rather she were holding a book than a thousand sons helmet.

I think a lot of them will look better in physical form than zbrush/blender models, the blob-grey texture really doesn't do anything any favors.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 15, 2018

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Neurolimal posted:

I think one of the biggest hurdles for alternative Sisters models is that Sisters armor that is practical is, well, it's just Space Marine armor. Which is why I included the Statuesque link and the Eisenkern link; there's no shortage of power armor miniatures you can pop the heads off of, and glue fleur de lis' on. Speaking of, feel free to share awesome armors that you think would be exceptionally easy to replace heads on and glue fleur de lis' on. If enough get linked I might make a list underneath Statuesque for people to peruse. Eisenkern gets its own special section because that gorget is EXTREMELY reminiscent of SoB art:

I do agree that a lot of them are crazily priced (which is 3rd party miniatures for you, especially for a game that is notoriously crazy-priced), but there are a decent number in there that math out to 4-6 dollars a model.

E: also, I think most of them would fit in fine with the most recent Celestine sculpt (which is likely our best source for what future plastic sisters may look like):

Are those scrolls made out of titanium or something? Any material I've seen GW models made out of is going to snap in a stiff breeze with those shapes.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

mango sentinel posted:

Necromunda likely fills the same niche and sold way better. The question is why Kill Team exists, not that I'm complaining.

Kill Team exists for two reasons:
1. To drive sales of new 40k factions in a way that Necromunda can't -- 'pick up a squad of X to start your kill team today!'
2. To have a way to play games of 40k in under an hour

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I'm pretty excited, the rules on those pages make it look like necromunda but with a lot of command point stuff going on.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Yeah I'm a big fan of the branching skill trees, too.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh yeah, now I remember. I charged a tank but was close enough to engage a second one. Felime reminded me that I should go with the Captain first in order to engage both tanks, otherwise he would spend the CP to interrupt the fight order and have his tank move forward and lock my Captain in combat. I forgot, he did what he said he would, and the other tank was out of engagement range so next turn it had a chance to shoot.

No shenanigans, just good movement on his part.

Artum posted:

Clever.

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Im remembering that trick.

:blush:

Thanks! When you play around with a lot of Leman Russes you figure out all sorts of little ways to keep them firing for one more turn. Apart from getting shot with lascannons and meltaguns, getting booped by a couple of bodies is their main weakness.

Another good one to keep in mind is that Tank Commanders are still characters, and while they lose most of the benefits of the keyword for being over 10 wounds, they can still heroically intervene. If you have two russes right next to eachother that someone is definitely going to pile in/consolidate into, and one of them is a Tank Commander, it can totally be worth heroically intervening with the tank commander to prevent the enemies from getting to the other russ.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

bird food bathtub posted:

Are those scrolls made out of titanium or something? Any material I've seen GW models made out of is going to snap in a stiff breeze with those shapes.

She's so light it's honestly a non-issue. They're plenty strong enough.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
My list for a tournament on Saturday:

Two Battalions, both Leviathan so I'll combine them instead of doing the super annoying Battle Scribe post:

3x Flyrants with Monstrous Rending Claws and a pair of Devourers
1x Flyrant with two pairs of Devourers. Good for that +1 damage Strategem, or clearing hordes.
Genestealers: Unit of 18
3x Ripper Swarms
3x Termagants (10 each, with Fleshborers, just for screening)

And then a Spearhead detachment of Kronos:

1x Neurothrope (Warlord! When I had a Flyrant as my Warlord it got focused down super easily.)
6x Hive Guard
3x Biovores
Carnifex: Adrenal Glands, Enhanced Senses, Monstrous Scything Talons, and a pair of Devourers. Swiss army knife. I just realized I forgot to take him in the last game. Nothing like forgetting to put 110 points on the board.
Tyrannofex: Rupture Cannon

I'm still not certain on psychic powers, artifacts, or warlord traits. I have trouble remembering which Flyrant has what anyway.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Groetgaffel posted:

And exactly two units with options of any kind.

Yeah, but GW has never cared about necrons. 4th had build-your-own space marine chapters, an entire page of just names of wargear for chaos marines, and the ability for tyranids to actually do what tyranids are supposed to do in lore; adapt to their enemy (4th gaunts have more wargear options than the entire 8th codex does).

Theres a good chance I'm just looking at 4th through rose-tinted glasses anyway, and we'll only play one or two games before going back. It'll be a nice reprieve from 8th.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Going through AdMech stratagems:

I can use this to fire twice with a unit, or during my opponents turn, correct?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zuul the Cat posted:

Unless it's been errata'd I think you could use it to fire once per phase. That could be... brutal with Kastellan Robots.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I can’t find any FAQ on it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
dunno how you research 3rd party sob minis and miss the only ones that are actually aesthetically similar to the official line

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Pendent posted:

I'm probably going to get into it as well, because I like Necromunda, but Kill Team will let me run da Boyz. :orks101:

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

its nice that gw decided to let everyone know at the end of the trailer that theyre gonna support this 40k skirmish game

Crossing my fingers for Sisters, I doubt we'll get new dudettes but hopefully the rules will be there.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Zuul the Cat posted:

It's something that's been sticking out like a sore thumb and really needs an FAQ. As written you can play it to shoot in every single phase in your and your opponent's turn.

E: even during deployment

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Yeah, but GW has never cared about necrons. 4th had build-your-own space marine chapters, an entire page of just names of wargear for chaos marines, and the ability for tyranids to actually do what tyranids are supposed to do in lore; adapt to their enemy (4th gaunts have more wargear options than the entire 8th codex does).

Theres a good chance I'm just looking at 4th through rose-tinted glasses anyway, and we'll only play one or two games before going back. It'll be a nice reprieve from 8th.
Yeah, necrons in the tail end of 4th is where I started 40k. So my memories of those days aren't as bright as yours. What's the opposite of rose-tinted glasses, brown-tinted? :v:

My most played edition, and the one I've most of fond memories of is 5th.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It allows you can shoot without those narrative penalties. You still need to be eligible to shoot in the first place. You'll never use that card in regular play.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Neurolimal posted:

Heresy Lab
VERY green company, as in they are currently only selling two miniatures. Of note is their current kickstarter, which offer a number of chaos, eldar, and sisters units. They are offering an eldar named Adrastia which is an EXTREME heresy, as that name belongs to the Best Inquisitor (who doesn't have a miniature, an even worse heresy).

Well thank you very much for this particular tip since their kickstarter is still running and full of good stuff.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

I like his twitter account. Maybe it's because I never go looking for them, but it seems to be quite rare for GW types to be active social media (beyond their BL authors).

Some of the painters post the studio colour scheme notes, or have done in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bird food bathtub posted:

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

She's so light it's honestly a non-issue. They're plenty strong enough.

Yeah there is a lot of wobble but it's definitely strong enough for the weight.

If a scroll somehow breaks (which I don't see happening without an accident) then I'll sub in some scenery object of roughly equal height. Right now mine is living in a battlefoam case so I doubt that will ever be necessary.