Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Forreal, these guys are loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
When are they going to add the option for me to host?

I have gig internet and don't rage quit. Out of my last 50 games maybe 4 of them were played to completion.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

While I appreciate them adding another skin, what's the point of adding it when using the skins still causes the game to black screen?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Regrettable posted:

While I appreciate them adding another skin, what's the point of adding it when using the skins still causes the game to black screen?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It seems more like a weird problem with certain maps. Like trying to use Nintendo Jason on Packanack will cause a freeze, but elsewhere he's fine.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I am beyond tired of watching people run around tables for 15 minutes.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Haha I know. Usually that means the Jason should stock up on knives but its just another thing where riduculousness can be exploited against a superpowered monster who can't flip a table. :)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mean if you have one of the running Jasons I'd just keep chasing them, they'll run out of stamina soon enough if you don't let them dance stop moving.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That’s what shift is for friends

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Imagine if they quietly gave Jason the ability to push tables/couches/cars into counselors. That would be such an “oh poo poo” moment on par with the first time you try to run Jason over.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Coffee And Pie posted:

Imagine if they quietly gave Jason the ability to push tables/couches/cars into counselors. That would be such an “oh poo poo” moment on par with the first time you try to run Jason over.

That would be really cool. I hope they do that.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

Jason can already push the car a little from the side. I don't know if it's supposed to happen but it does.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Oh hey, I finally unlocked Jason 4...no wonder everyone plays Jason 4, he's hilarious. His crappy traps and his crappy Shift force him to bum rush everyone, and he's real good at bum rushing everyone.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

Oh hey, I finally unlocked Jason 4...no wonder everyone plays Jason 4, he's hilarious. His crappy traps and his crappy Shift force him to bum rush everyone, and he's real good at bum rushing everyone.

Also he looks like a goober.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

TheBizzness posted:

That’s what shift is for friends

Yeah shift can be tricky in houses, lots of things to get hung up on. However I've had some success with it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It’s really more effective for making them abandon their post since they have no idea where you’re going to pop up.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I was chasing someone once, and managed to flick Shift, then zip right behind them through the door and into the cabin. Once they locked up, they turned around and :murder: They really did an amazing job of making Jason's skills replicate poo poo that would happen in the movies :allears:

I was Part 8 too, so it was extra accurate. That guy was all over the loving place in the movie

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Stalk is absolutely wonderful for jumpscares. I had one of my usual "I'm terrible at Jason" games the other day, with what seemed like a pro team kicking my rear end, running away, repeat. The most verbal one on the mic ducks into the boathouse, gets cocky and opens a drawer with me right behind the group. So I stalk, waltz up behind him, grab. "OH poo poo!" *head punch*

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 12, 2018

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I've just encountered a new form of counselor griefing. Get you and several of your friends together, locate objective pieces, then hide. You don't see the parts on the map until Jason finds you and kills you, so everyone else ends up searching fruitlessly for parts. 2 or 3 counselors can effectively do this if they each hold 1 part each and can hold multiple keys/the fuse.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

I've just encountered a new form of counselor griefing. Get you and several of your friends together, locate objective pieces, then hide. You don't see the parts on the map until Jason finds you and kills you, so everyone else ends up searching fruitlessly for parts. 2 or 3 counselors can effectively do this if they each hold 1 part each and can hold multiple keys/the fuse.

Yeah, I've been doing that one for awhile. In fact I did it in a few games we played last night. I can't remember if that was after you left, though.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

A.o.D. posted:

New?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
New to me. I had spawned as Tommy, and as soon as I realized what they were doing, I led Jason around the map to where they were hiding.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm finally getting around to watching Crystal Lake Memories, and drat, I really like the idea one of the actresses floated about all of the surviving Final Girls getting drawn out of wherever life took them post-Jason to fight him one more time.

Then I realized that's basically the plot of It, but it's still a neat idea.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

DeathChicken posted:

I'm finally getting around to watching Crystal Lake Memories, and drat, I really like the idea one of the actresses floated about all of the surviving Final Girls getting drawn out of wherever life took them post-Jason to fight him one more time.

Then I realized that's basically the plot of It, but it's still a neat idea.

I found it funny that so many surviving final girls were asked back but said no because they wanted to kill their character. I wouldn't go back for that either.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also Reggie from Part 5. "Nope, Reggie is the only brother who survived his horror movie."

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

What is it about this game that makes people want to play it in a way other than what's intended?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

TOOT BOOT posted:

What is it about this game that makes people want to play it in a way other than what's intended?

People get bored, and look to extract some fun in any way they can, even, or especially, if it comes at someone else's expense.

Cattywampus
Oct 14, 2008

Really fun game. I've probably played with most of you guys.

In-game name: Trash Panda

Cattywampus fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Mar 15, 2018

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

TOOT BOOT posted:

have you literally never played a video game online before my dude?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I am beyond tired of watching people run around tables for 15 minutes.

Let Jason attack tables/couches like he does doors. Takes a few hits and has the locked-in animation of proper door-breaking, so it gives a councilor time to gently caress off.

In Rage Mode, he just double fist slams it like a car hood to snap it in two.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
They really hosed this game in the last 4 months. Every drat game is just people trolling Jason.

Lachappa and Deb should not be able to whip Jason's rear end with a wood plank or a pot for 10 minutes. No one should.

If at any point in a game dev meeting someone suggests "maybe Jason shouldn't be an unstoppable killing machine" the resounding answer should be "no, you're fired".

Skilled Jasons should not be going 2/8 on kills. And this isn't sour grapes. I'm clowning on high level Jason players with Jenny and Chad. It's gotten obscenely easy to do.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

They really hosed this game in the last 4 months. Every drat game is just people trolling Jason.

Lachappa and Deb should not be able to whip Jason's rear end with a wood plank or a pot for 10 minutes. No one should.

If at any point in a game dev meeting someone suggests "maybe Jason shouldn't be an unstoppable killing machine" the resounding answer should be "no, you're fired".

Skilled Jasons should not be going 2/8 on kills. And this isn't sour grapes. I'm clowning on high level Jason players with Jenny and Chad. It's gotten obscenely easy to do.

Jenny and Chad are two of the best characters in the game. Jenny has max composure so she can hide without Jason being able to find her for at least 15 minutes and it also makes it super easy to break out of grabs. Chad is really fast and it usually takes forever for his weapons to break. Also, they did away with pretty much all the changes they made that benefit counselors a couple of months ago and it's probably harder to survive a good Jason now than it was when the game came out. Sorry to burst your bubble, but those are either not high level Jasons you're clowning on or the RNG just really hosed them over that round.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 15, 2018

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, I've noticed if someone is doing the good old "Hit you, run away, dance, hit you again" thing it's almost invariably a Chad. Little poo poo is about as fast as Vanessa, only he's better since he can also get away with endlessly cheap shotting Jason.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Yeah, I've noticed if someone is doing the good old "Hit you, run away, dance, hit you again" thing it's almost invariably a Chad. Little poo poo is about as fast as Vanessa, only he's better since he can also get away with endlessly cheap shotting Jason.

Yeah, his stamina is a bit lower but he has a 9 in speed where Vanessa has 10. He's faster than Buggzy.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If I had a swift perk, I'd make it my day job to stun Jasons all day every day

Never managed to roll one

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Honestly if Jason's remotely smart, he will not even attempt to engage Chad. Leave him be, his composure sucks and he can't repair for crap. Do other things, let Chadface kick in, then go kill him.

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
I managed to roll an rare Sucker Punch and a Epic Swift Attacker. With that and Medic equppied, I can be a great Jason annoyer as a Vanessa especially if I can distract him for a while, as I discovered in one match. Seriously, a Vanessa with those perks is a nightmare for any Jason since they can run for ages and be a complete pain to catch.

I joined a quick play lobby and ended up in Packanack with a part 8 Jason. Almost immediately I found a First Aid Spray and a wrench. I headed down to the main house to grab a map and immediately spotted Jason chasing a limping Deborah. As I got closer, I could hear him taunting her and gloating about an easy kill. Just as he was about to swing and finish her off, I cane up from behind and knocked him down with a wrench.

Immediately, he started cursing me out for being “cheap” and a coward for not doing it to his face. He got even madder when I promptly healed the Deborah right in front of him and ran off.

A few minutes later, I found him smashing down a door at another cabin, and nailed him again. This happened every time he turned his back, and around 7 minutes into the match, he made it his goal to kill me since he hadn’t killed anyone thanks to me running interference. Turns out he had a buddy in the game telling him where everybody was, and was unlocking doors and closing windows for him.

They both did the best they could to kill me but the longer I survived, the angrier they got until they were both accusing me of cheating because I was stunning him every time with the Wrench and hitting him before he could grab me. I led them on a merry chase around the camp for about 10 minutes while everybody else fixed the cars and escaped. They only realized that too late when a car drove right past the cabin we were in, and checking the menu showed that I and the teamer were the only ones left.

They ragequit with a parting stament of “go kill yourself rear end in a top hat” after I managed to stun Jason just as he walked through the door while I was limping. I promptly healed myself, did a thumbs up in front of him and then ran out through the door he had just gone through. The teamer left after that, Jason a second later.

Nicaden fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 15, 2018

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Nah man. I'm not any kind of great player, I've lost most of my mojo.

I have to TRY to get killed by Jason now. I can show up dudes with Jason 4 and I haven't even unlocked him yet. This is a flaw in the game. I should not be shithousing Jason with a Deb with non-combat perks.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

What on earth are you doing with a Deb versus Jason 4 that he doesn't just swing at you and murder you in 2 to 3 hits? He's much faster on the draw than her weenie hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Nah man. I'm not any kind of great player, I've lost most of my mojo.

I have to TRY to get killed by Jason now. I can show up dudes with Jason 4 and I haven't even unlocked him yet. This is a flaw in the game. I should not be shithousing Jason with a Deb with non-combat perks.

Part 4 is mid-tier at best so that's not really saying much. He's good early game but after about 10 minutes he's one of the worst you can use. He's slow as poo poo in the water and shifting and only has 3 traps. It's much easier to get vehicles going because of the lack of traps and once you do it's extremely difficult to catch you.

• Locked thread