Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Letter A posted:

There was no huge blowup which would have been funny to read, but I enjoyed seeing a story from a person who was able to see their situation for what it actually was, and come out of it with a really good attitude! :golfclap:

Lol @ the guy trying to steal the ethernet cable so he can plug in as soon as he drives to the nearest library or relative's place.

I can picture this dude logging back on to his game and the following conversation taking place:

"Hey dude, what happened? We thought you were dead."

"Lol nothing power went out so do I play healer this round?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
It was a ranked game. They’ll eat him alive.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

My favourite part is how he thought it would be cool to keep living with her after he dumped her for the crime of having the same name as someone else. I don't think he thought this through.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Too many online games led him to believe that if she doesn't have a unique username then they must be the same person.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

The Letter A posted:

And here's an M. Night-style twist between the title and story:

My[23F] boyfriend[23M] has been sending anonymous messages to my ex

Dump J, he's being nice to someone you dislike. He should crush your enemies, not help them.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I'm still catching up to the thread but I'm really like, amazed that a woman had a man toss a gun around at her and didn't immediately ghost the everloving gently caress out of him the second his back was turned.

Some dude I "love" unhosters and throws his gun at me during an argument and I will have looney tunes style spinning legs and smoke as I loving flee to the hills, change my name, dye my hair and pretend I never knew him.

That's not a red flag, it's a red sunrise telling you you're about to be horribly murdered in the near future.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

empty sea posted:

I'm still catching up to the thread but I'm really like, amazed that a woman had a man toss a gun around at her and didn't immediately ghost the everloving gently caress out of him the second his back was turned.

Some dude I "love" unhosters and throws his gun at me during an argument and I will have looney tunes style spinning legs and smoke as I loving flee to the hills, change my name, dye my hair and pretend I never knew him.

That's not a red flag, it's a red sunrise telling you you're about to be horribly murdered in the near future.

lol yea. tat was the best part. jesus!! drat!!!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

empty sea posted:

Ugh jeez, did you even read that post?! He tries to throw it at a soft surface!

I’d love to read the update where dude throws the gun in a fit of anger and it goes off and he ends up shooting himself in the groin.

Weatherwax
Aug 17, 2008

I thought I was all caught up, but somewhere between reading this thread on my phone and then switching to reading on my computer I missed something.
Cause what the everloving gently caress is that about a non computer in a box? I can't find it going back. Did you all agree on some inside joke while I was in the bathroom? Is this elementary school again?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
O don't give a poo poo what your motivation is. If you're tossing a loaded gun around for any reason other than 'it was an isolated freak accident and I'm taking measures to make sure that never happens again' get the gently caress away from that nutbag.

Tossing guns like that is about as dumb as running red lights or watching Netflix while your driving.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Weatherwax posted:

I thought I was all caught up, but somewhere between reading this thread on my phone and then switching to reading on my computer I missed something.
Cause what the everloving gently caress is that about a non computer in a box? I can't find it going back. Did you all agree on some inside joke while I was in the bathroom? Is this elementary school again?

It was in a super long post that is worth reading, a guy tried to pass off the cable box in a backpack as a laptop.

The modern version of the pig in a poke I suppose.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
FL - Neighbor threatening my 15 year old son with black magic/voodoo

quote:

My 15 year old apparently threw a basketball at this mans cat. As revenge he's said multiple times that he was "going to learn black magic and voodoo" to "cast spells" and put "hexes" and "curses" on my son.

He's created a special symbol which he's put all over his property and he's been doing rituals with candles, animal skulls, and what appears to be blood. He says it's making my son impotent.

This stuff is starting to scare my son and I think he might really be starting to believe that this stuff is real.

Is this a form of harassment? Can I do anything about my neighbor? He never says anything to my son (other than telling him he'd be learning black magic after my son hit his cat), but he does these rituals very overtly and almost daily.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Impotency for throwing balls at a cat, sounds like an appropriate curse

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Danaru posted:

Florida Man strikes again! I didn't realize he was a Sorcerer Supreme, too.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Do magic back at him. Go to your nearest woo store and buy a colourful robe and wizard hat, get a gnarly stick and loudly chant nonsense with a death glare.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Inescapable Duck posted:

Do magic back at him. Go to your nearest woo store and buy a colourful robe and wizard hat, get a gnarly stick and loudly chant nonsense with a death glare.

This would be incredible. Create tiny effigies of the neighbor and have them arranged in embarrassing positions all around the yard.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Inescapable Duck posted:

I put on my robe and wizard hat

I meditate to regain my mana, before casting Lvl. 8 Cock of the Infinite.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
neighbour baron samedi, so what

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Danaru posted:

I’m glad the idiot failson is dumb enough to be afraid of spooky voodoo hexes, though that doesn’t bode well for him ever learning to stop harming animals for lols

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

His next magic trick is to 'turn the son gay', and this is all a very complex way to come out to his very conservative parents with help from a friendly neighbor

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I thought only Vermin Supreme could do that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Danaru posted:

I love that this guy didn't know magic, decided to put in hours and dedicate himself to learning it just gently caress with this kid

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake

Blade Runner posted:

His next magic trick is to 'turn the son gay', and this is all a very complex way to come out to his very conservative parents with help from a friendly neighbor

"Mom, for the last time--I can't give you grandchildren. You know that a wizard stole my manhood!"

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

punched my v-card at camp posted:

"Mom, for the last time--I can't give you grandchildren. You know that a wizard stole my manhood!"

I feel a quest approaching.

"Send for a group of adventurers"

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Bogus Adventure posted:

It seems kind of odd, but she's also not giving the readers a lot to go on. Did J know Alex beforehand, is J just a really kind person and doesn't want to see Alex destroy his life, is J doing it to keep Alex from possibly making GBS threads on the OP, and he kept all of this anonymous because he knew the OP wouldn't like it? Or is it some kind of "bros before hos" mentality? If she's irked because J is ruining her chance to see Alex go down in flames, then it's hard to sympathize with her. If it's because she's worried that J and Alex are getting close and might turn on her, then she should pull the lever and eject before it's too late.

Hot take: she's abusive also and doesn't want him getting any idea from the ex she also abused.

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

These are super long so I'm just linking. They are from Quora which is a goldmine for bad relationship stories.

Indian dude does an online arranged marriage, wife is horrible, eventually he hits her and then she wants a divorce

Other indian dude sleeps with his brother's wife, has a child by her (that nobody figures out is his), then his mom finds him a bride and he gets married too but his sister in law blackmails him for sex

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Motronic posted:

Hot take: she's abusive also and doesn't want him getting any idea from the ex she also abused.
This was my take, although admittedly it's jumping to a ton of assumptions. A close second is 'she was enjoying seeing her ex in pain and boyfriend's normal emotional response is ruining it for her'. If she was just weirded out I wouldn't assume either of these things, but the fact that she admitting she wants to break up with her boyfriend because of it is what's ringing the alarms for me.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My (f19) fiance (m25) of a year is complaining about having to help with newborn. Am I wrong to be upset?Relationships

quote:

This is going to be long, but please bear with me.

Me and my fiance (I call him my husband because we consider ourselves married even if we haven't gotten officially married yet.) Are having arguments every day.

Here is the deal.

He thinks I'm being lazy or something. I admit, sometimes he takes on the majority of feedings and diaper changes. I'm not going to lie. But my whole world just got turned upside down and it's taking me more time to adjust than I'd thought.

To start, I had a vaginal delivery. I went into labor with a hemoglobin of 9.3, which is not good at all. To make things worse, I had the most traumatic birth experience I could have imagined. The story is in my post history, titled "an update". the episiotomy that saved my baby that the doctor almost refused to do, the severe blood loss making me lose consciousness and need a blood transfusion, seeing my baby struggling and blue on top of my epidural not working. It was bad.

I had to be cut twice and tore in one spot, they didn't tell me how many stitches I got, so that makes me think it was a lot. The blood was pouring so badly it seemed like they could barely see to stitch me back up.

Well, it's been about 9 days and it still hurts. I was only prescribed ibuprofen but couldn't get that due to losing my Medicaid card. I have been dealing with this with absolutely 0 pain management. I have pulled a stitch loose as well.

I'm still bleeding pretty heavily and am concerned because last night I passed a blood clot that was almost exactly the size of a gold ball, the size they said to look out for.

My fiance is mad because he feels he's "doing more than be should" in his own words.

It hurts for me to sit down and walk and go to the bathroom. I'm obviously suffering from pretty bad post partum depression, I've spent more days crying than not.

I have insomnia and a newborn doesn't help with That. He doesn't understand because he falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow.

Yesterday, he slept until 1pm. I got up before 10 am and stayed up with the baby. Then later we layed down at about 6pm and he fell asleep while I layed there until 9:20 and had to take a benadryl to get any sleep. The baby started crying less than 20 minutes after I finally fell asleep, but of course I was the one who had to change and feed him, not the guy who's gotten 6+ more hours of sleep than I have already, not counting the time it took before I could fall asleep the night before.

So when 10pm came around he got up and went to the store. He came back and watched the baby while I finally got some sleep. Only 2 hours, I got up at 12.

Guys he complained about having to watch the baby for the 2 or maybe 2 and a half hours while I was napping. I'm not joking. Then I was the only one who got up to change him and feed him the 4 times last night

As I was feeding and changing the baby while he slept, he was telling me I didn't do poo poo.

I read the paperwork the hospital gave me about taking it easy and accepting help, but I can't because he will bitch at me because he had to do the dishes and cook. I did the dishes several times yesterday and cleaned the entire bedroom and part of the living room, but I don't do anything apparently.

Now he's complaining that his stomach hurts, watch me have to do everything today only to get bitched at like all I do means nothing. I'm sorry his stomach hurts, but my vagina and my rear end in a top hat feels like it's getting stabbed from the inside and I don't expect that to let up any time soon, especially with me overworking myself.

I'm more depressed than I've ever been in my life and he still insists on berating me and talking to me like a child, despite my pleas for him to stop. I am only 19, he's a little older. He's already had a kid, which he abandoned by the way. I've never done this.

The other day I was having difficulty changing my son's diaper and he basically called me stupid and told me it wasn't that hard. Sure, it isn't hard when you've already changed diapers of course. I don't have that experience. He then went on to tell me he doesn't trust me with the baby so he won't be working. Wtf?

He threatened to leave me twice yesterday over this stuff, but he doesn't know I've been contemplating leaving him. I want him to leave first. I want him to go ahead, after all that's what he did to the mother of his last child.

I'm so tired of the back and forth and I think he knows it. He will talk down on me and leave me crying and then trick me into forgiving him with temporary love and affection. He will say he's sorry and he loves me only to make me stay until he decides to hurt me again.

tl;dr

Fiance feels like he's doing to much work because I'm recovering from a traumatic birth and can't do much due to pain and depression. He berates me and threatens to leave me and just makes my postpartum depression even worse. He gets way more sleep than I do, but I'm the lazy one when I need a break from the house chores I'm not even supposed to be doing until I recover enough to be able to sit down without wanting to cry. I've already made one of my stitches loose overworking myself.

So... you knew he already abandoned one child, but you still decided having a baby with him was an amazing idea...

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

LadyPictureShow posted:

My (f19) fiance (m25) of a year is complaining about having to help with newborn. Am I wrong to be upset?Relationships

So... you knew he already abandoned one child, but you still decided having a baby with him was an amazing idea...

I think the only solution is for her to tear open that dude's rear end in a top hat. Maybe when he's making GBS threads blood clots, he'll understand what she's going through.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

LadyPictureShow posted:

For about one sentence, I will admit, I thought she was being over-dramatic about how bad the birth was. "Oh dear, a vaginal birth! how dreadful!"

Then I kept reading and was like "holy poo poo, it's only been 9 days and you're actually moving around after that?!"

The boyfriend (lady, he's not a husband, nor husband material) needs to be castrated. Forcibly. So that he can inflict this douchebaggery on no more women.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Bogus Adventure posted:

I think the only solution is for her to tear open that dude's rear end in a top hat. Maybe when he's making GBS threads blood clots, he'll understand what she's going through.

A wonderful solution that I would be in favour of.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Bogus Adventure posted:

he probably already tried being pegged and didn't enjoy it

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I mean that does sound pretty dumb, but she's the victim of a total jackass here. Going to be pretty messy if she has to manage the kid alone also, given that she's not in a fit state to do so already.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

For about one sentence, I will admit, I thought she was being over-dramatic about how bad the birth was. "Oh dear, a vaginal birth! how dreadful!"

Then I kept reading and was like "holy poo poo, it's only been 9 days and you're actually moving around after that?!"

:same:

There's a difference between a vaginal birth and a vaginal birth with complications like those :stare:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I read some of the comments, and redditors are offering her money to call a cab/uber because she's been passing clots and he refuses to take her to the hospital.

quote:

It's not even the first clot. Before this clot I had a very sharp pain in my lower right side which I'm assuming was my uterus.

I have been saying i need to go to the doctor for days now, I just don't have a ride.

quote:

The last time I mentioned I needed to go, he got mad and mentioned that he would have to stay with the baby because the baby can't go to the hospital. So I assume it's more of him being bitter about that.

quote:

See, I have several other friends that recently had kids. They all had help. He'll, one of my friends only had to worry about breastfeeding and catching up on sleep for the first few weeks. He boyfriend was great.

Mine told me I was getting more help than anyone would, I'd like to disagree.

What an absolute piece of poo poo this guy is. The comments also reveal she got pregnant three months in to their relationship, and that his personality 'changed' as the pregnancy progressed.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 15, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fuckin yikes

I'm worried for this girl's safety. Does withholding medical attention count as abuse?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'd ask why she can't just get non emergency patient transport to the hospital, but it's the US, so there's no point.

:(

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 15, 2018

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'd ask why she can't just get outpatient transport to the hospital, but it's the US, so there's no point.

:(

She can and should call 911. She has Medicaid (even if she doesn't have a physical card) so she won't be out an ambulance bill.

There are medical transport companies that will take Medicaid and Medicare patients to and from their appointments but they usually need weeks of lead time to make the schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

loquacius posted:

fuckin yikes

I'm worried for this girl's safety. Does withholding medical attention count as abuse?

I would say felony