Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

s.i.r.e. posted:

The fun is doing the actual fun stuff in BOTW and not trying to catalog everything by slowing the pace of exploration down by taking pictures constantly.

Oh poo poo I thought I was having fun

gently caress

Thanks for setting me straight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

This is weird... now I'm having a Stalnox problem. I'm trying to get the last 4 Hynox that I haven't killed yet to get the badge. I found a Stalnox in some sand between Temto Hill and the Ebara forest. I built a fire and waited until nightfall so he'd wake up and I could clear him out, but nothing happened. His dumb skeleton just laid there half buried in the sand all night. Has this happened to anybody else?

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 13, 2018

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

This is weird... now I'm having a Stalnox problem. I'm trying to get the last 4 Hynox that I haven't killed yet to get the badge. I found a Stalnox in some sand between Temto Hill and the Ebara forest. I built a fire and waited until nightfall so he'd wake up and I could clear him out, but nothing happened. His dumb skeleton just laid there half buried in the sand all night. Has this happened to anybody else?

You need to approach after nightfall. He'll never wake up if you hang around. Go some distance away and come back.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Zore posted:

You need to approach after nightfall. He'll never wake up if you hang around. Go some distance away and come back.

I was thinking that and did just that, but it still didn't awaken. I'll go even further away then. Thanks!

Edit: Yep, that did the trick. Kind of a shame though, I was hoping to finally see one lumber awake.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 13, 2018

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So the divine trident thing I got from the Zora I assumed would remain in inventory when it broke, like how the Master Sword works. Did I gently caress up by letting it break and is it now gone for good?

Also it's kinda lame how the MS can only fire off like 6 energy beams before losing charge. What is this bargain bin poo poo?! No wonder Link got his rear end beat at Hateno Fortress, which I've been looking for but still haven't managed to find...

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Fuzz posted:

So the divine trident thing I got from the Zora I assumed would remain in inventory when it broke, like how the Master Sword works. Did I gently caress up by letting it break and is it now gone for good?

Also it's kinda lame how the MS can only fire off like 6 energy beams before losing charge. What is this bargain bin poo poo?! No wonder Link got his rear end beat at Hateno Fortress, which I've been looking for but still haven't managed to find...

All the unique gear you get from beating the divine beasts can be rebuilt by special NPC's in each of the respective towns for a price.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Fuzz posted:

Nah, all weapons from the heroes can break, but there is a person in each of their corresponding villages that can rebuild the weapon with a lesser version of it and a diamond iirc. People keep telling me there is a ceremonial trident in the Zora sleeping area that you can use but honestly I've never found it (someone else tell where it is).

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Ah okay. I don't care that much except for later on when I'm decorating my house I wanna hang them all up on the wall, if they look cool.

I still don't get why there are so many bow mounts.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Almost 300 hours playing and these are still the saddest words in the game.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Fuzz posted:

Ah okay. I don't care that much except for later on when I'm decorating my house I wanna hang them all up on the wall, if they look cool.

I still don't get why there are so many bow mounts.

I did this and it looks cool.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Bloop posted:

Oh poo poo I thought I was having fun

gently caress

Thanks for setting me straight

I mean, if taking low res pictures you'll never look at in a Zelda game is your thing, more power to you.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I mean, if taking low res pictures you'll never look at in a Zelda game is your thing, more power to you.

It's the journey, not the destination. The thrill of the hunt.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bruceski posted:

It's the journey, not the destination. The thrill of the hunt.

:yeah:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’ve killed five white Lynels between yesterday and today... AND I LUST FOR MORE!! :black101:

So if anybody knows places where I can find white, silver, or possibly blue Lynels, I’d love to know where they are (besides the one in the Coliseum Ruins). I’m trying to collect the Savage Lynel Swords or whatever weapons the silver ones carry, so if anyone knows where I can find Lynels like that, that’d be great. I don’t think there’s a list of them anywhere.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I’ve killed five white Lynels between yesterday and today... AND I LUST FOR MORE!! :black101:

So if anybody knows places where I can find white, silver, or possibly blue Lynels, I’d love to know where they are (besides the one in the Coliseum Ruins). I’m trying to collect the Savage Lynel Swords or whatever weapons the silver ones carry, so if anyone knows where I can find Lynels like that, that’d be great. I don’t think there’s a list of them anywhere.

Head to Gut Check Rock and go west around the northern edge of Eldin towards Hebra and you'll run into three of 'em in a row. There's also three in the very northern part of Hebra.

You could also check the interactive map, which has the locations of everything.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
With another 2 Lynels found by proceeding southward from the Taobab Grassland where you hopefully found Ganon's Horse

And another 2 adjacent Lynels just east of Skull Lake

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Three of them are also north of Hebra Stable, on the far reaches of the tundra. They were fun to accidentally run into while grinding out gourmet meats.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
I have every Lynel spawn stamped on my map so I can routinely exterminate them every Blood Moon.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

s.i.r.e. posted:

The fun is doing the actual fun stuff in BOTW and not trying to catalog everything by slowing the pace of exploration down by taking pictures constantly.

The best posts in this thread are the “you suck at this game because you play differently than I do” posts.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Please stop having fun wrong.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The best posts in this thread are the “you suck at this game because you play differently than I do” posts.

I never said the dude sucks though, lol

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Finally upgrading the Of The Wild armor set, gettin’ dragon claws :c00l:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Wow, just found out the password to the Gerudo Secret Club. This skeleton lucha set is sick. Never seen it in any screenshots. The mask is great combined with the male Gerudo top and the barbarian legs, for a "gimp Link" look.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm way late to this but I finally beat the game, getting all the memories and it was a fun ride. I didn't get to all the DLC Champion Ballad extras yet though. For some reason I was expecting the final boss to be much more difficult and I didn't even have the best equipment but I had little difficulty with it.

Really loved the game.

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 14, 2018

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm way late to this but I finally beat the game, getting all the memories and it was a fun ride. I didn't get to all the DLC Champion Ballad extras yet though. For and reason I was expecting the final boss to be much more difficult and I didn't even have the best equipment but I had little difficulty with it.

Really loved the game.

There is a boss at the end of the Champion's Ballad that is way better and more memorable than the game's end boss, it's totally worth continuing for that.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Honestly the Champion's ballad offered some of the best Shrines in the whole game.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Honestly the Champion's ballad offered some of the best Shrines in the whole game.

Sooth

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I just finished all the shrines and the last divine beast in my master mode run and am thinking I’ll do CB before trials of the sword just because I think the rewards will make it easier overall.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

housefly posted:

I just finished all the shrines and the last divine beast in my master mode run and am thinking I’ll do CB before trials of the sword just because I think the rewards will make it easier overall.

Wouldn't the only reward that helps be the additional container afforded by the extra 4 spirit orbs at the beginning? The other rewards augment the champion abilities, which are locked in the trial of the sword, since each trial counts as a shrine.

On the other hand I've never tried using the Master Cycle Zero in the trials, it might be allowed because you can ride horses in a few of the rooms. If it's possible then more power to you :getin:

edit: Really the major difference Master Mode brings to the Trial of the Sword is that it makes the beginning trials suck balls and you spend more time relying on bombs. The reward is amazing for Master Mode but I don't know if I can recommend it as something that could be considered an overall positive experience or a good note to finish on.

Fortis fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 15, 2018

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm still just getting into this but is there a general direction i should avoid heading in until i'm stronger?

I tried beelining it to the fishing village in the south that's supposed to have the betting shop you can cheese for precious precious rupees, but i seemed to come across enemies that just instagibbed me and one of the shrines i went into had a moderate test of strength i couldn't even damage.

Heading North (from the centre of the map) seems to be more about my speed for my current beginner setup.

Also, is there a particular weapon i should be looking to harvest at this point? I thought i was in great luck after beating a minor test of strength and getting a guardian sword until it broke after killing just about 4 enemies :/

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kin posted:

I'm still just getting into this but is there a general direction i should avoid heading in until i'm stronger?

I tried beelining it to the fishing village in the south that's supposed to have the betting shop you can cheese for precious precious rupees, but i seemed to come across enemies that just instagibbed me and one of the shrines i went into had a moderate test of strength i couldn't even damage.

Heading North (from the centre of the map) seems to be more about my speed for my current beginner setup.

Also, is there a particular weapon i should be looking to harvest at this point? I thought i was in great luck after beating a minor test of strength and getting a guardian sword until it broke after killing just about 4 enemies :/

No real direction to head towards. Any area is good. The game loosely suggests east, but I decided to map the world first and went off to find all the towers, hitting whatever shrines I found on the way, and in the process just bulking up and getting better at the game. There are "tougher" areas that are dependent on environmental factors but you'll find the same enemies more or less everywhere, carrying more or less the same weapons. They key is to kill one bad guy and take his weapon and use that weapon to kill other bad guys and take their weapons. You'll feel like a million bucks once you get a stronger blade.

There's no need to "harvest" weapons. They break too fast anyway, I tend to just cycle through the weaker ones I find and keep the stronger ones until the weak ones break. Otherwise decide what type of weapon-type you prefer and stick with it.

That said the castle holds a bevy of great weapons to help you out in the early game, but it's not the easiest place to get into early on, however that's the fun in it.

The only way to get good is either gather more orbs from shrines, buy armor and upgrade it (this will quickly break the difficulty curve of the game), or get better at fighting. Early on I went south-west to avoid whatever story mandated quest I had been given and managed to get through my first few fights after dying a bunch of times. I got really good at dodging. I'm terrible at parrying because my shield's were always so weak there was little point in even practicing defending with them. You'll get the hang of it eventually.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I held off on getting this for Wii U because I foolishly assumed it would be the inferior version (and the way I handle games I’m interested in is to go in full information blackout mode so I had no way of knowing that version was perfectly fine), but I picked up a switch and this + splatoon 2 just after new years.

Holy hell, this is easily one of the best games I’ve ever played. According to my switch profile I’m over a hundred hours in and at literally no point have I felt uninspired or bored, there’s just so much stuff to do. I wound up doing the gerudo beast first after discovering the area wandering into the mountains east of there looking for ores, and afterwards just kept exploring. I only started tackling the rest of them after checking my profile and discovering I already had 65 hours of game time. I can’t think of any other game that’s pulled me in like this one, it’s nuts.

Anyway, I know this isn’t anything special at this point but I wanted to post the moment this game clicked for me and I really fell in love with it:
https://twitter.com/cythrin/status/974445382770900992?s=21

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 16, 2018

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Also this is the first video I saved of this game and I still argue this death was bullshit:

https://twitter.com/cythrin/status/974445022060806144?s=21

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wrist Watch posted:

Also this is the first video I saved of this game and I still argue this death was bullshit:

lmbo

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Wrist Watch posted:

Anyway, I know this isn’t anything special at this point but I wanted to post the moment this game clicked for me and I really fell in love with it:

You’re a monster.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Wrist Watch posted:

So, did you get the Restless Cricket?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Bum the Sad posted:

You’re a monster.

I guess it's good to put that poor bokoblin out of its misery :smith:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Finally finished up my playthrough I think. Got all the medals for the big monsters, fully upgraded the sets I wanted to.

https://twitter.com/kitfm/status/974403660741451777

Climbing gear is overrated. :colbert:

Also finished up the Korok seeds:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Matt Zerella posted:

I guess it's good to put that poor bokoblin out of its misery :smith:

I never thought a Zelda grab would upset me. But seeing every single one of his friends simultaneously murdered and then him running panicked before being put down actually made me a little sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Bum the Sad posted:

I never thought a Zelda grab would upset me. But seeing every single one of his friends simultaneously murdered and then him running panicked before being put down actually made me a little sad.

I now understand the emotions my wife went through when sushicat got impaled on a spinning platform and she almost threw her phone across a subway car.